Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Imo Deputy Governor Resigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Deputy Governor Resigns (16720 Views)

Oregon Governor Resigns Over Corruption / Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor Resigns / Abia Deputy Governor Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by olokfor: 9:59am On Mar 10, 2013
The Deputy Governor of Imo State Chief Jude Agbaso has officially tendered his resignation letter as Deputy Governor of the state.

The move is calculated to avoid the impeachment hammer looming over his head and which had gone to committee stage to be concluded by next week. This move is motivated by the need for the man to leave the Deputy Governor’s office and continue to be entitled to all honour and entitlements accruable to a former Deputy Governor of the State.

However, it remains to be seen whether the letter would be accepted by the Governor, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, as his fate now lies at his mercy now. If the Governor and members of IMHA rejects the resignation, they may go ahead with the impeachment moves which will totally obliterate Jude Agbaso’s name from history of people to live with the honour and entitlement of a former Deputy Governor.

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/breaking-news-imo-state-deputy-governor-resigns/

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by takedat(m): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2013
Pre-emptive measure to save face! He should be made to face charges of financial impropriety, and not a get away with a slap on the wrist of "just resign and we'll forget the matter ever happened!"

4 Likes

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Clerverly: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2013
Go ahead and impeach him. Do not accept his resignation angry angry angry Owelle ga wa, na anyi kwu gi na azu grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by valentino14: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2013
Nigeria is rily changing. He shud be impeached. Nd Efcc shud arrest him immediately until he provides d money.

1 Like

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by obicentlis: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2013
This crook must go. This scam is even the least he has done.

1 Like

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by valentino14: 10:57am On Mar 10, 2013
Johnnoah1st: 3rd to comment?
U nid 2 grow up

5 Likes

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Clerverly: 10:57am On Mar 10, 2013
Johnnoah1st: 3rd to comment?
Are you sure? Check my Number.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2013
Nice one. Let the state governor bring in a credible individual to man that role. Let the cleansing exercise begin. We don't want drug peddlers, ritualists and people of questionable character in positions of authority any more like in the days of yore.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2013
A young guy trying to hustle himself to riches after being motivated by the likes older politicians who have created a legacy of corruption and finally got caught in the intrigues of politics. . . . .sorry dude,I just pray your boss doesn't accept your resignation so that Efcc may deal with you accordingly and you will become a leading example for prospective thieving politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 10, 2013
What crime did he commit so i will know how to determine this matter

1 Like

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by chidi500(m): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2013
they should allow him to resign if he wish to do so.
DO YOU NEED WEBSITE FOR YOUR BUSINESS?VISIT http://hostlinker.com/wesitedesign.php
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by asha80(m): 11:12am On Mar 10, 2013
okpara ugo: What crime did he commit so i will know how to determine this matter
he was demanding ten percent kickbacks from contractors doind roads in imo.one he demanded from jpros construction co was confirmed.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by theripper: 11:14am On Mar 10, 2013
This is the first. Sounds so unlike Nigeria.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Kx: 11:17am On Mar 10, 2013
As bad as it may seem, is this not d first deputy governor to resign his position in dis amnesty and chop and chop democracy?
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by GOZILLA(m): 11:20am On Mar 10, 2013
Jude agbaso is innocent. This is a gang up against him. Rochas wants to disgrace him and his family name. We will see how dis patters out. But one thing I know is this- Rochas will pay for his treachery b4 his tenure runs out.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by solomon111(m): 11:21am On Mar 10, 2013
Kx: As bad as it may seem, is this not d first deputy governor to resign his position in dis amnesty and chop and chop democracy?
No he is not.
Besides his resignition was borne out of survival instincts.
He wouldn't resign,if he wasn't going to be impeached.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by meerkat(m): 11:21am On Mar 10, 2013
He's just been made a scapegoat, many commit worse crime and go scotfree. Men I hate politics, so dirty ese.

1 Like

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by kelvincoll(m): 11:22am On Mar 10, 2013
I recall how this dude and his brother made sure sachet water remained 10naira thru their company, while other manufacturers chose to bring it down to 5naira. When I heard he was deputy Gov the question of "for how long" came to mind. I may not know him much but one who shares a fence with a cousin of mine @ MCC\Uratte rd, he had never been a likeable good fellow. I'm not surprised @ ds allegations he is guilty hence his resignation. Rochas should prove if his APC is better than PDP by allowing further investigation, impeachment and handed over to EFCC else all na wash.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by kelvincoll(m): 11:24am On Mar 10, 2013
Kx: As bad as it may seem, is this not d first deputy governor to resign his position in dis amnesty and chop and chop democracy?

Deputy Gov Nsima Ekere of akwa ibom state did sometime ds year or so
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by mkoabiola: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2013
I fear politics.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by deshclones(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2013
Another youth messing up the chances of another credible youth taking up political position..dis man fall ma hand nobi small..what is he doin with money?for fccks sake he comes from a rich home..so am yet to decipher why he will mess himself nd family cos of 450m...oops I forget...bankole is another youth from a rich home..nd he stole our country blind...stories like this make me lose faith in our country...d old r stealing..the young ones are trying so hard to outshine d old..smh
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by jmichael(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2013
Hmm..bt wil his sudden and calculated resignation shield him from d efcc? If nt den rochas shld acept his resignation. Rochas shld b diplomatic abt it anyways so he doesn't hurt d pple of region where jude is from. Now we can see y dia was stagnation in d road construction last year.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Duru1(m): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2013
Unless the craps the news media in Owerre have been saying about Rochas Okorocha are falsehood, I have been meant to understand that Rochas Okorocha awards all the contracts in Imo State and rather judiciously too.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by ifyalways(f): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2013
Wow.
Better to resign than face impeachment. Would he still be prosecuted for the allegations against him or all his sins are forgiven Cos he resigned?

1 Like

Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by kelvincoll(m): 11:35am On Mar 10, 2013
meerkat: He's just been made a scapegoat, many commit worse crime and go scotfree. Men I hate politics, so dirty ese.

Little little scapegoats will one day ride the country of all these thieves. The dirtiness makes it interesting! I rather think Nigerian politicians have been playing clean all ds while. (Occultic politics where no one cries foul)

Now jude resigns, one would expect hims re-stragegises and brings Rochas down through his (rochas) shortcomings and dubious deeds (now that's dirty politics). When this kind of politics takes place their would a lil sanity to all public offices.

Some people in some part of the country cried foul on recruitments and promotions in the immigrations, Army, Aviation ministry and co all in d name of Federal character principle now all tribes are on alert of who's next. Ds insome way revealed how northen nig own about 80% of oil block hence the call to revoke awarded license in d name of still same Fed Xter.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by donwilz(m): 11:41am On Mar 10, 2013
GOZILLA: Jude agbaso is innocent. This is a gang up against him. Rochas wants to disgrace him and his family name. We will see how dis patters out. But one thing I know is this- Rochas will pay for his treachery b4 his tenure runs out.
lol... no be una carry am for head vote for am? Anyhoo, I don't believe that this is all... There must be other internal wranglings btw Jude and Okorocha
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2013
God pls save d nu pope
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by ElCaballa(m): 11:47am On Mar 10, 2013
I am sorry for all of you that are here condemning him already.i am not holding brief for anybody for i must state that he is innocent until proven guilty.and remember that this is politics.Only few knows what is really going on behind the scenes.There are more to what you guys are reading online.They tell you what you want to hear.If Agbaso is guilty,may justice take its course.If not....Imolites are watching.
Re: Imo Deputy Governor Resigns by Valto(m): 11:58am On Mar 10, 2013
good decision

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military Can Never Defeat Boko Haram By December – Jide Johnson / EFCC Director, Senior Operatives Arrested For Leaking Information To Bloggers / FG To Sanction Companies That Fail To Observe Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.