Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:36 PM

10 Ways To Remain Poor - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Ways To Remain Poor (23879 Views)

10 Ways On How To Remain Poor... / 10 Reasons Africa Is And May Remain Poor And Underdeveloped. / 10 Ways To Remain Poor.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Remain Poor by BedLam: 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
HOW TO REMAIN POOR..

1. Never wake up early...

Keep stretching & turning in bed until you get too hungry to continue dozing if there are no bedbugs,
why hurry to get up??

2} Never plan how to spend your money..

Whenever you get money, start spending it right away and when it's finished, you try to count and
recall how you spent it..

3} Don't think of saving until you have real big money...

How can you save when you earn so little?? Those telling you to save are not sympathetic to your
burning needs..

4} Don't engage in activities usually reserved for the " uneducated "...

How can you a graduate
engage in petty trade or home based production?? That's for people who never went to school.

5} Don't think of starting a business until an angel comes from heaven & give U capital..

How do
they expect U to invest before U get millions of dollars?? Even though more than half the
businesses in your town were started with a few hundred dollar, you as a smart person can only
start with millons.

6} Complain about everything expect your own attitude:

Blame the system the government & the
banks that refuse to lend you money. They are all bad & do not want you to get rich.

7. Spend more than you earn.

To achieve this, buy consumer product on credit & keep borrowing
from friends & employers.

8. Compete in dressing.

Make sure wear the latest clothes among all workers in your offer..
Whenever your neighbour buys a new phone, u get one that is more expensive..

9. Get yourself a nice second hand car that costs more than three times your gross monthly pay..

10. Give your children everything they ask for since you're such a loving parent.

They should not
struggle for anything because you do not want them to suffer that way, they will grow up lazy &
hence poor enough to ensure they can't help you in old age...

136 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by BedLam: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
I have seen too much of "how to get rich" but still we never follow up. maybe teaching you how to remain poor will make you realize how really to get rich! cheers......

51 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Osama10(m): 1:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Funny but true.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Omexonomy: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
Good post but next time in order to make sure ur post enter front page.
1, add tonto dike picture urinating in the middle of a busy market.
2. Add the picture of jim ike carring mercy johnson baby on his head. I have tried it a lot of times and it works for me.

24 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by CrazyMan(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
Is this suppose to be an advice or what... undecided
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by greedie1(f): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
Omexonomy: Good post but next time in order to make sure ur post enter front page.
2. Add the picture of jim ike carring mercy johnson baby on his head. I have tried it a lot of times and it works for me.
frontpage.... yayyyy!
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by vanbonattel: 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
Are you sure?
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by bigx(m): 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
Is this from experience?

just kidding its solid advice, especially 1,4,5,6,8,9

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by vanbonattel: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
I can wake up late thinking and scheeming, planning and scheduling how to achieve in 2 hours what took you 2 days to do.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by salt1: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
Good post.
I love No 6 particularly. I noticed that critics hardly create anything but criticism: blame the system, blame your parents, blame everything and everyone but yourself. To be broke is temporary but being poor is an attitude.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by manny4life(m): 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
No 3 is the most important to me, I never understood it till it hit me. Until about 4years ago, I never new what saving was, so I decided to enroll in a saving program with my employer, and with 401k, they contributed 5%. I selected the aggressive option, last week, reluctantly, I looked into my account, hmm, the way I shouted, I could not believe the amount I was seeing.

I just could not come to term that the few hundreds being set aside monthly and contribution was having a sincere impact. Man, after I saw that, that was when I knew the power of SAVING.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Jyde89: 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
CrazyMan: Is this suppose to be an advice or what... undecided
if you dont know you'll never know

7 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by chessguru1(m): 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
Okay mr op. I will make sure baba shakiru my neighbor implements all your pointers cheesy since right now he only uses 1, 4, and 6. grin
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by alfredo4u(m): 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
my family and i came from dat root, but now, we r among d 1000 richest family in nigeria. Its God dat turned our story ohh. Help me and tank God
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by toluleke(m): 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
To remain poor the most important is:.DON'T KNOW YOUR GOD cos dose dat know him shal do exploit

6 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by k2039: 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
1. Never wake up early
[size=13pt] Not true.
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by eforce: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
This is a very wonderful post, and i am glad it has been moved to the front page, without Tonto Dikeh's picture in it.
Youths in Nigeria need to wake up and take their destinies in their hands and stop blaming every other person for their misfortune.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/02/rules-of-life-in-youth-development.html
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Mamaflex(f): 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
Wow! Its very easy to be poor and remain poor. No wonder majority of people are poor.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by ChristAddict: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
Omexonomy: Good post but next time in order to make sure ur post enter front page.

It is at the front page already without your two options above.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by huninaija(f): 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
Iv seen people do this and they're multi-millionaires

Cut your cloth according to your size... Spend within your means and don't be doing ojukokoro !!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by GentleNaaz(m): 3:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
BEST WAY 2 REMAIN POOR
1. C money as ur enemy
2. Work for humanitarian n nt 4 money. If u r paid, reject it.
3. Always work wt d principle dat ur reward is in heaven
4. Sell groundnut
5. Hope 2 work in Nigeria rail way station(NRWS)
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by coputa(m): 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
Nunber 5 in your list is wrong,why wont a graduate engage in home production..who told you that home production is meant for illiterates..someone can be engaged in home production and be rich
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
alfredo4u: my family and i came from dat root, but now, we r among d 1000 richest family in nigeria. Its God dat turned our story ohh. Help me and tank God
From Your English, I Will Never Doubt That You Came From "dat root" As You Claimed.
All The Same, Congrats For Making It "To The Top" With Your Family As You Also Claim! grin grin grin
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by alphaconde(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
1.Continue to give to your pastors when they can't actually tell u what u r getting in return.
2. Keep a woman who's materialistic
3. When u think there are some jobs u are bigger than even when u know you can improve ur life with it.
4. Lastly think u can do everything on ur own without remembering there's God
My four points
Alpha Conde

9 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by ChristAddict: 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Gentle Naaz: BEST WAY 2 REMAIN POOR
1. C money as ur enemy
2. Work for humanitarian n nt 4 money. If u r paid, reject it.
3. Always work wt d principle dat ur reward is in heaven
4. Sell groundnut
5. Hope 2 work in Nigeria rail way station(NRWS)

I wonder why Nairaland has no dislike button.

15 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by manny4life(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
coputa: Nunber 5 in your list is wrong,why wont a graduate engage in home production..who told you that home production is meant for illiterates..someone can be engaged in home production and be rich

You missed the point, he was only saying you will remain poor if you continue waiting on big box to start a business. This is why I'm rethinking my strategy, I'm using my savings as a collateral to start up soon enough. Waiting on the day I win mega million may not come undecided so why not start from somewhere

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by KINGwax(m): 3:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
Nice shot!!!
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Temismith(f): 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
undecided
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Haryor54: 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
It true, mayb it gves us tips ow 2 get rich
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by untainted: 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
Great tips!
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
Dont mind the poster Poverty is caused by the devil.
Re: 10 Ways To Remain Poor by coputa(m): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
Wealth has principles,if you know God and you are swimming against the tide of wealth you will still remain poor.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Those Who Have Been Scammed; I Can Catch The Scammer In 2 Days / Which Addiction Would You Love To Leave In 2020? / Man Clears And Carries Gutter Content With Bare Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.