Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 (59007 Views)

Worst Dressed Celebrities At Headies Award 2014 / Top 10 Worst Dressed Celebrities In Nigeria / Nigeria's 5 Worst Dressed Celebrities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by HugeMac: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
Who are these people ? Are they trying to get naked or what.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
Attention Whores.........
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by babadey(m): 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
tchidi:

Come to think of it, I've been to places in d north where the women go naked oº°˚! So its not even unafrican to show ya breast!! tongue tongue
Say no to clothes!! Its an oyibo bondage mentality!! We want to go back to status quo! Like the proud women of koma hills and that village in Kebbi!! grin grin grin

Leave those one out. These westerners we saying they don't have culture and tradition,pls they do, its jast they the total freedom has ruin morality and decency especially in women. When we talk about decency,discipline,moral and principle,I think the arab world beat us (Christianity).
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Immortal1(m): 9:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
Nairalanders will not kill person...wat if they re reading all these posts? LolZzz
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
cyril83: Choi! Karen boooobs too dey on point,robust and well packaged boooobs abeg make una forget dat plastic thing and as for that ageing face *gene* someone shud pls tell her to work on her small sagged and disgusting boooobs.

See Genevieve's life now. Somebody's mum. What message is she passing to her children and her children's friends that look up to her. Can u imagine this guy calling her booobs small sagged and disgusting. Anyway she brought it on herself by exposing it in the first place. She should respect herself and her age. She is no kid like karen. Everybody knows karen is seeking attention. She has no real talent. She's just like Kim K.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by markingday(m): 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
So long as it doesn't go against the dress code of the occasion, anyone can wear whatsoever they please. Of course, the public also has the right to criticize as they see fit, but I must remind those who say this type of dressing is not part our tradition that the African tradition does not prescribe---and should not dictate---what women must wear and how they must wear it. This is not the dark ages. You can make fun of their dresses; you can say that it is not fashionable; but you cannot say that they can't wear such because it is not up to you to decide what an adult woman wears.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by violent(m): 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
sanb: I’ve got one word to use RIDICULOUS….

Sometimes, people tend to forget that we’re Africans and we have a culture to respect. The last time I checked, decency still exists in the dictionary as a word. This dress sense displayed by the pair of them; is nothing but operation show me your chest; which is RIDICULOUS. Let us call a spade a spade and what is bad is bad finito.

Please shove your "we are africans who must live by a set of rules created by Dim Who's Dat" somewhere where the sun don't shine. This hypocrisy stinks. The same Africans would have gladly approved if Rihanna wore something much more provocative!

I wonder how many of you started having s e x before you turned 10, defying all sorts of African beliefs, rules and traditions but would gladly come over here to shoot ICBMs just cos someone is comfortable in their own skin.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by violent(m): 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
A-ZeD:
Those who say its not African to show b.west should please tell me if Africans invented cloths?

PS: I think they should cover up

Nor mind them jor. The same people would have considered this "cultural" and acceptable.

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
How can one dressing be a mistake? According to d yorubas, eni ti a ko ni ika to se, tinu re lo se.
Ricpaula: Especially karen, plz grow up enough of this nonsence.genny I believe was a mistake and even later change the dress same night. 1st to comment-dancing azonto
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by adewal15(m): 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I actually don't see anything wrong with Genevieve's dress. People hate it because it wasn't Halle Berry or Jennifer Lopez that wore it. The same people who condemn Genevieve's dress have praised Halle Berry's see-through dress and Rihanna's semi-unclad poses. We continually find every reason possible to hate our own stars and have no problem defending westerners, even when they're wrong.[/size]
Nice words truly.... Buh I'm sure you'd not dress that way advertising your boobs... I trust ya....°winks°
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
violent:

Nor mind them jor. The same people would have considered this "cultural" and acceptable.

Its African to go nekkid!!! Its even alien to wear dresses!!
I de go work without cloth 2moro... cool cool cool
Afterall, weather kukuma hot!!

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
violent:

LMAO!!! so much for the "we are Africans and we have a culture to respect"..

what culture? like these folks are not Africans...mschew!!

In ancient African culture, people went about unclothed, bare assed, stark näked...so I don't know where all that "we are African" yarn is coming from.

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by 2legit2qwt: 9:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
ItsModella:

In ancient African culture, people went about unclothed, bare assed, stark näked...so I don't know where all that "we are African" yarn is coming from.

Mind taking the lead? Ill follow from behind literally grin grin
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by AZeD1(m): 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
ItsModella:

We are African is a synonym for we are hypocrities

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Blackgold09(f): 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I actually don't see anything wrong with Genevieve's dress. People hate it because it wasn't Halle Berry or Jennifer Lopez that wore it. The same people who condemn Genevieve's dress have praised Halle Berry's see-through dress and Rihanna's semi-unclad poses. We continually find every reason possible to hate our own stars and have no problem defending westerners, even when they're wrong.[/size]
babe u correct

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by AZeD1(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
sanb: I’ll say it again; decency still exist in the dictionary. We are Africans and I’ll repeat it; we have our values and cultures to respect. Same applies to the other 4 continents, they all have their own cultures and values.
Do you its African for your parents to choose your spouse? If you are not married will you follow that tradition?

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Lets stick to the topic at hand which is about dressing appropriately....
A-ZeD:

Do you its African for your parents to choose your spouse? If you are not married will you follow that tradition?

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Ama28(f): 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Genevive's dressing is a disappointment seriously. She is too old to wear that. And Denrele! That was a very embarrassing question you pulled there. And then cat ate her tongue!!!

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by AZeD1(m): 9:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
sanb: Lets stick to the topic at hand which is about dressing appropriately....
What is appropriate dressing?

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by tommykiwi(m): 9:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
Even you Genevieve I was thinking you were the decent kind of girl but dis says it all,You should plz change dis act of in decent dressing

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
I'm sure you don't need me to define that...
A-ZeD:

What is appropriate dressing?

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by ryme2d: 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
this Karen warwar shall
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by ypzilanti: 9:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Take a look again at her dress and tell me it's horrible.

In a nation where teenage boys are molesting their junior sister to death, a woman is murdering her daughter-in-law, terrorists are executing foreigners, and cult killings are on the rise, we need a rethink about this thing we call "morals" or "values". Nigerian society isn't what moral-preachers bloat it to be. Genevieve's dress is the least of my worries in terms of "negative influence".[/size]

A simple rule that will guide you well in life is to never to justify bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior.

Even in the western world that we love to ape, Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna are considered as overdoing it when they wear revealing outfits. The Grammy awards ceremony sent out a clothing directive to stars this year in the USA. It was not physically enforced, but a reccommendation was made to stars to tone down their dressing.

Development does not mean that you should lose all your cultural values. Many countries have developed and still maintained their values: UAE, Malaysia,Qatar etc.

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Policewoman(f): 9:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
Please i have a question for all these so called female celebs: Must you expose your breasts to be beautiful? Look at Karen that is like Kingkong displaying those fake plastic things. Mshewww
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
Boko are rams dey vexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by 5much(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
These Ladies shd visit Cossy for some tutaulage.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by AZeD1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
sanb: I'm sure you don't need me to define that...
Well i do because "appropriate dressing" is relative.

PS: I'm not saying the two ladies were dressed "appropriately", my point is Africans were nude until the white man gave us clothes so the saying "we are Africans and we have culture " is wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by markingday(m): 9:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Take a look again at her dress and tell me it's horrible.

In a nation where teenage boys are molesting their junior sister to death, a woman is murdering her daughter-in-law, terrorists are executing foreigners, and cult killings are on the rise, we need a rethink about this thing we call "morals" or "values". Nigerian society isn't what moral-preachers bloat it to be. Genevieve's dress is the least of my worries in terms of "negative influence".[/size]

Gbam! Gbammer! Gbammest! Abeg no mind them.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by karpentar: 9:53pm On Mar 10, 2013

We hate her dressing because it exposed those unattractive slippers on her chest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olajumoke Orisaguana And Husband Eating Eba And Ogbono Soup (Photo) / Tiwa Savage Steps Out In Bra Top (Photos) / Quote Of Rihanna Claiming To Be Igbo (Fact Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.