Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again (2449 Views)

Buhari’s Directive On Salary Payment Impossible – AGF / Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri / Nigerian Girls Sold Into Sex Slavery In Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by outlaws(m): 9:57am On Mar 24, 2008
cool

Is this pure slavery or just punishment for being an outlaw? A White soldier or KKK personal leading Prisoners or slaves in chains just like they use to do it back in the day. Actually back in the day is repeating it self every day.

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_4475.shtml
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2008
There is no doubt that there is still discrimination on how justice is being served in US courts. But you will agree with me that it is not the major reason we have a large percentage of blacks in prison.
Some of my black brothers get too sentimental on this issue without being objective.

What has a white prison guard leading a bunch of prisoners got to do with KKK?
Are prisoners who are at work outside prison suppose to go without chains?
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by outlaws(m): 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2008
cool

Hey nuzo. I know that a lot of Blacks in prison deserve to be there. Prison should be prison. Once you are out of prison, it should be public life as usual.

To answer your questions, what does a White guard has to do with KKK. Read my post carefully, I stated he was this or that. Meaning is possible he is not KKK. I guess is hard to differentiate between a White law enforcement in the U.S. and a KKK. Because they are not wearing a hood or riding a horse doesn't really mean anything, is the acts being done that matters. Many people in the black communities will understand this. If you live in China, I don’t expect you to. Because some one is a law enforcer doesn’t mean they are not biased. The problem here is the system.

Your second question, are prisoners out of jail suppose to not have chains. Yes they are suppose to have chains if they are slaves and no if they are human beings. Government suppose to let out those who have a short period left of their term to work without chains with a punishment of years term if the person escape. So do you think some one who have a year left after serving for years will run away from a work site if they know that the punishment can add up to 5 or more years. This is not an issue of running away. This is an issue of history repeating it self.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Mar 25, 2008
outlaws:

cool

Hey nuzo. I know that a lot of Blacks in prison deserve to be there. Prison should be prison. Once you are out of prison, it should be public life as usual.

To answer your questions, what does a White guard has to do with KKK. Read my post carefully, I stated he was this or that. Meaning is possible he is not KKK. I guess is hard to differentiate between a White law enforcement in the US. and a KKK. Because they are not wearing a hood or riding a horse doesn't really mean anything, is the acts being done that matters. Many people in the black communities will understand this. If you live in China, I don’t expect you to. Because some one is a law enforcer doesn’t mean they are not biased. The problem here is the system.

Your second question, are prisoners out of jail suppose to not have chains. Yes they are suppose to have chains if they are slaves and no if they are human beings. Government suppose to let out those who have a short period left of their term to work without chains with a punishment of years term if the person escape. So do you think some one who have a year left after serving for years will run away from a work site if they know that the punishment can add up to 5 or more years. This is not an issue of running away. This is an issue of history repeating it self.

Is this that you are jobless and just wanting to make an issue out of nothing Are you jobless that instead you want to create an issue where there is none?? What has prisoners in jail weaing chains to do with KKK or slavery Have you not seen police put handcuffs and chains on criminals on the street considering your location Or is it that you have absolutely no clue what it means to be a criminal??
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:38am On Mar 25, 2008
@ Kobojunkie
In some jurisdictions in the united states, the penalty of getting caught with cocaine is lighter than that of getting caught with crack cocaine.
Do you know the demographics that consume the illicit drug cocaine as opposed to the ones that consume crack cocaine?

Society is set-up so that the black man can fail. For every one opportunity we get in this country the white man gets at least 10
But I say that when you are given that one opportunity run with it, at always have the fear or God
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Mar 25, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

@ Kobojunkie
In some jurisdictions in the united states, the penalty of getting caught with cocaine is lighter than that of getting caught with crack cocaine.
Do you know the demographics that consume the illicit drug cocaine as opposed to the ones that consume crack cocaine?

Society is set-up so that the black man can fail. For every one opportunity we get in this country the white man gets at least 10
But I say that when you are given that one opportunity run with it, at always have the fear or God

Look, Different states have different laws. That has been the way from the beginning. Just cause the penalty for getting caught with cocaine in one place is lighter than it is someplace else does not mean society is set-up so that the black man can fail.

Please I urge you to set your mind to this. If I know that I have problems with cocaine and I know that the state I live in has serious issues with that, don't you think it would be stupidity on my side for me to continue to commit such illicit behaviour?? Why does my problem with cocaine have to be blamed on society when I make the choice to use or not use?? There are so many blacks out there who are not involved in crime?? Why does it not seem that society is set-up against them but somehow society is set-up against the black people who commit crimes?? Did you even process your response before posting it??

if society is against crime and you live in a state that has stricter laws against such crimes. Why is it society's fault when you choose to be involved in crime
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:48am On Mar 25, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Look, Different states have different laws. That has been the way from the beginning. Just cause the penalty for getting caught with cocaine in one place is lighter than it is someplace else does not mean society is set-up so that the black man can fail.

Please I urge you to set your mind to this. If I know that I have problems with cocaine and I know that the state I live in has serious issues with that, don't you think it would be stupidity on my side for me to continue to commit such illicit behaviour?? Why does my problem with cocaine have to be blamed on society when I make the choice to use or not use?? There are so many blacks out there who are not involved in crime?? Why does it not seem that society is set-up against them but somehow society is set-up against the black people who commit crimes?? Did you even process your response before posting it??

if society is against crime and you live in a state that has stricter laws against such crimes. Why is it society's fault when you choose to be involved in crime

@ Kobo
First of it is the same jurisdiction do you understand? But different penalty, I hope that makes it clearer for you , or do you want an example?
I dont understand your last part of you post honestly?
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Mar 25, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

@ Kobo
First of it is the same jurisdiction do you understand? But different penalty, I hope that makes it clearer for you , or do you want an example?
I don't understand your last part of you post honestly?

@ Kobojunkie

Even when it is the same jurisdiction, it is no excuse for any one black or white. If you know that the punishment for using crack cocaine is worse than that for using cocaine?? Why continue using crack cocaine?? Why not switch over to cocaine instead?? Heck, why not get help?? This is akin to someone coming in to say the penalties for using Oil is lighter than that for using Lard, on your heart and since black people use more lard means the human heart and body is set-up against black people. How did you reason that one
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:07am On Mar 25, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Even when it is the same jurisdiction, it is no excuse for any one black or white. If you know that the punishment for using crack cocaine is worse than that for using cocaine?? Why continue using crack cocaine?? Why not switch over to cocaine instead?? Heck, why not get help?? This is akin to someone coming in to say the penalties for using Oil is lighter than that for using Lard, on your heart and since black people use more lard means the human heart and body is set-up against black people. How did you reason that one

You do know that crack cocaine is still cocaine only a less pure form. Cocaine is used to derive crack. Now you analogy with oil/lard is totally bogus and makes absolutely no sense whats over. in general it can be said that Poor people take crack, rich people take cocaine. T

he poorest demographic race is blacks. Now tell me what would be the rational for having two different penalties for essentially the same drug?? O yes because these jurisdictions claim that they are having problems with crack, but the man selling the cocaine to the brothers cutting the crack gets less time why because 90 out 100 times he is white?

But than again black people have issues of there own in which we cannot even begin to make excuses. Got grandmas raising kids,
the poorest demographic also happen to be the largest consumers the irony is surreal
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Mar 25, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

You do know that crack cocaine is still cocaine only a less pure form. Cocaine is used to derive crack. Now you analogy with oil/lard is totally bogus and makes absolutely no sense whats over. in general it can be said that Poor people take crack, rich people take cocaine. T

he poorest demographic race is blacks. Now tell me what would be the rational for having two different penalties for essentially the same drug?? O yes because these jurisdictions claim that they are having problems with crack, but the man selling the cocaine to the brothers cutting the crack gets less time why because 90 out 100 times he is white?

But than again black people have issues of there own in which we cannot even begin to make excuses. Got grandmas raising kids,
the poorest demographic also happen to be the largest consumers the irony is surreal

Listen, I am black ( in complexion). I have no issues, I do not use drugs nor do I have a criminal record. I have yet to have any problems with society or the law. Infact, I have had the law on my side on so many occassions and I have enjoyed the benefits of being a member of the society so again, please revaluate your words and consider that if this does not apply to all blacks then it only applies to those who go out of their way to commit crimes and criminals, black or white do get punished by society. Before you can argue for racism, you have to be able to prove that white people who are caught in the same are not punished under the same laws in the same jurisdiction. If not, the you have nothing but delusions to offer.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:20am On Mar 25, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Listen, I am black ( in complexion). I have no issues, I do not use drugs nor do I have a criminal record. I have yet to have any problems with society or the law. Infact, I have had the law on my side on so many occassions and I have enjoyed the benefits of being a member of the society so again, please revaluate your words and consider that if this does not apply to all blacks then it only applies to those who go out of their way to commit crimes and criminals, black or white do get punished by society. Before you can argue for racism, you have to be able to prove that white people who are caught in the same are not punished under the same laws in the same jurisdiction. If not, the you have nothing but delusions to offer.

Ha, you have never had issues regarding the racial divide? I find that rather amusing, because I know living in North America I see it on an going basis. And so do a lot of my brothers and sisters. And if their is no unequal treatment, how do you explain for example the JENA6 boys. The judicial system is another thing in the united States and if you think their is equality, Ha
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 4:32am On Mar 25, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

Ha, you have never had issues regarding the racial divide? I find that rather amusing, because I know living in North America I see it on an going basis. And so do a lot of my brothers and sisters. And if their is no unequal treatment, how do you explain for example the JENA6 boys. The judicial system is another thing in the united States and if you think their is equality, Ha

Oh I guessed as much that you do see it on a daily basis. I have lived in even birmingham alabama in mountainview, right in the middle of white man country and have never had anyone attack me racially. I have been around lynchville and no one has yet to attack me to this day. Infact, I have had more white friends than I have black friends to this day. Infact, I have experienced more discrimination as a Nigerian from black americans than I have from white america. I have worked in companies where over 99% of the staff are white and had no issues or problems. I have worked under other educated black people who I would say I consider people more of black america should look up to as they have come to realize that for them to get respect, they themselves need to respect and accept others.

I have seen people who do nothing but go on and on about how the system is allegedly against them and I have watched these people never amount to much or do much more with their lives as they already have limited themselves by their own words and actions. I have also seen people who have learned that they have to work as hard as others and sometimes even more to get what they want and need and I have seen those people excel in their fields and go on to do great. If you want to see racism and only racism, you definitely will see just that. If you want to see opportunities everywhere you look, you will see it. I have seen Somalians come to america with nothing but the rags on their backs and then become millionaires and successful business men and women here in ohio and around the country. I have seen Nigerian who came into america in boxes on ships go ahead to become property owning americans with businesses to boast. You tell me how those black people were spared but somehow it seems other black people always seem to be discriminated against by these "almighty" white men?? Even in the white community, I see the same sort of trend. White people who believe they need to work hard to achieved their goals who go on to do great and be great. On the other hand, I see other white people who feel hopeless and believe the system is against them and end up with nothing but trash around them as long as they keep that mind. Racism/ prejudice/tribalism will always exist out there as long as humans exist. If you make the racist issues of the man next to you your problem or you convince yourself that the other man's prejudice is your problem, it will remain your problem. Whether you be black, white, indian, somalian, Nigeria or chinese, the same rules apply in whatever society you find yourself.

Not everyone on this planet is going to like you. There are those who will not like you cause of the shape of your head or your face reminding them of someone from their past or something. There are those who just can not stand people with personalities such as yours and there are those who will not like you cause of the color or tone of your skin?? Should they all be punished for not liking you Or should the world stop cause you suddenly met someone or two or a few who do not like you cause of your skin color?? What about the others who do not like you?? Why do you not call for them to be demonized as well?? Or would it not just do you better to move on to better people instead??
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Nobody: 4:49am On Mar 25, 2008
There was a short documentary on CNN yesterday. It was asking questions on why Africans in US seem to be doing far better than their African American and even some whites in a short period of time, with limited resourses.

The answer is clear; the later keep talking while the former keep working.
And you know how the American society is? More work, more money, more respect from all races.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Nobody: 4:52am On Mar 25, 2008
@josboy4lyf

You do have some points, but it's not strong enough to back your argument.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by outlaws(m): 9:05am On Mar 25, 2008
cool

Listen up Kobojunkie. To answer your questions. Am I jobless? Lets evaluate that. At this moment I have posted about 219 posts. You have about 3480. That means you should at least make sense of your post before you post it. I am the one that suppose to be asking you if you have a job or if you live In cyber café so since I don’t give a Bleep about you, I decided not to. Am I creating an issue out of nothing? If you have a common sense again, you should have notice the issue of prisoners being linked to slavery was published by Finalcall. The issue of KKK. Lets put it this way. Any White racist is A.K.A. KKK. If you don’t know the U.S. History, you need to next time pay attention in class.

For those here who are trying to defend White people. Because you have not experienced racism doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Also try not to defend them in public when you are hanging out with Black people, not Blacks that think like White people. At work there was this Black supervisor, he is always defending White people. Some people doesn’t even consider him a Black person even though he is Black.

The point here is why is history repeating it self?
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by texazzpete(m): 10:18am On Mar 25, 2008
@outlaws
So what will you say about Black racists?
because, contrary to what people like you think, anyone can be a racist, black or white.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by texazzpete(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2008
outlaws:

If you have a common sense again, you should have notice the issue of prisoners being linked to slavery was published by Finalcall. The issue of KKK. Lets put it this way. Any White racist is A.K.A. KKK. If you don’t know the US. History, you need to next time pay attention in class.

For those here who are trying to defend White people. Because you have not experienced racism doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Also try not to defend them in public when you are hanging out with Black people, not Blacks that think like White people.

Yes, published by finalcall, i agree. but your topic here on nairaland urges us to 'think again'. Even the accompanying article you wrote said
slaves in chains just like they use to do it back in the day. Actually back in the day is repeating it self every day.

If you don't find that suggestive, i dunno how to help you.

outlaws:

For those here who are trying to defend White people. Because you have not experienced racism doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Also try not to defend them in public when you are hanging out with Black people, not Blacks that think like White people.

See the areas i placed in bold font? When you use the word 'White People' and 'Blacks that think like White people' are you aware you're deliberately making a racial discrimination, hence trending towards racism?

Not every racist is white. i've seen many on Nairaland with skins blacker than mine.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2008
outlaws:

cool

Listen up Kobojunkie. To answer your questions. Am I jobless? Lets evaluate that. At this moment I have posted about 219 posts. You have about 3480. That means you should at least make sense of your post before you post it. I am the one that suppose to be asking you if you have a job or if you live In cyber café so since I don’t give a Bleep about you, I decided not to. Am I creating an issue out of nothing? If you have a common sense again, you should have notice the issue of prisoners being linked to slavery was published by Finalcall. The issue of KKK. Lets put it this way. Any White racist is A.K.A. KKK. If you don’t know the US. History, you need to next time pay attention in class.

For those here who are trying to defend White people. Because you have not experienced racism doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Also try not to defend them in public when you are hanging out with Black people, not Blacks that think like White people. At work there was this Black supervisor, he is always defending White people. Some people doesn’t even consider him a Black person even though he is Black.

The point here is why is history repeating it self?

I happen to work on the internet as in, I am a software engineer and the internet is my domain so posting almost 4000 comments in here since september of 2007 is not a big deal at all. LMAO!!!!

So in essence, you go ahead and pick an article from the KKK to justify your anti-kkk stance?? Or are you from the black-KKK side of the debate which I believe exists 99% of the time in the minds of those who propagate such?? So as soon as a black person decides to let go of the "Victim" mentality and accept that He is in control and responsible for his life, he is no longer black LMAO!!!
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Oh I guessed as much that you do see it on a daily basis. I have lived in even birmingham alabama in mountainview, right in the middle of white man country and have never had anyone attack me racially. I have been around lynchville and no one has yet to attack me to this day. Infact, I have had more white friends than I have black friends to this day. Infact, I have experienced more discrimination as a Nigerian from black americans than I have from white america. I have worked in companies where over 99% of the staff are white and had no issues or problems. I have worked under other educated black people who I would say I consider people more of black america should look up to as they have come to realize that for them to get respect, they themselves need to respect and accept others.

I have seen people who do nothing but go on and on about how the system is allegedly against them and I have watched these people never amount to much or do much more with their lives as they already have limited themselves by their own words and actions. I have also seen people who have learned that they have to work as hard as others and sometimes even more to get what they want and need and I have seen those people excel in their fields and go on to do great. If you want to see racism and only racism, you definitely will see just that. If you want to see opportunities everywhere you look, you will see it. I have seen Somalians come to america with nothing but the rags on their backs and then become millionaires and successful business men and women here in ohio and around the country. I have seen Nigerian who came into america in boxes on ships go ahead to become property owning americans with businesses to boast. You tell me how those black people were spared but somehow it seems other black people always seem to be discriminated against by these "almighty" white men?? Even in the white community, I see the same sort of trend. White people who believe they need to work hard to achieved their goals who go on to do great and be great. On the other hand, I see other white people who feel hopeless and believe the system is against them and end up with nothing but trash around them as long as they keep that mind. Racism/ prejudice/tribalism will always exist out there as long as humans exist. If you make the racist issues of the man next to you your problem or you convince yourself that the other man's prejudice is your problem, it will remain your problem. Whether you be black, white, indian, somalian, Nigeria or chinese, the same rules apply in whatever society you find yourself.

Not everyone on this planet is going to like you. There are those who will not like you cause of the shape of your head or your face reminding them of someone from their past or something. There are those who just can not stand people with personalities such as yours and there are those who will not like you cause of the color or tone of your skin?? Should they all be punished for not liking you Or should the world stop cause you suddenly met someone or two or a few who do not like you cause of your skin color?? What about the others who do not like you?? Why do you not call for them to be demonized as well?? Or would it not just do you better to move on to better people instead??

I really enjoyed reading this post as it was very enlightning, Like I too have mentioned racism or discrimination of any form should not be the handicap that utterly keeps us from rising to the great plateau that we can all chieve.

Unfortunately we do have this thing called systematic discrimination which makes the situation that more cumbersome.
Like I have said when given an oppurtunity one must take the bull by the horns and run, Black on Black hatred is at an all time high we can look at Africa as the prime example, without unity it will remain in its lack lustre state!

But back to the discussion, hardwork will definately do it, and trust me I do not have the deafetism mentality, I just acknowledge the fact that I am at a significant disadvantage, that is why i try my vceyr best to outshine my classmates and and endevour for a high level of excellence. I will never very "its cause im black" for tho it may be so, if someone discrimnates on me based on my looks it is surely their loss, because i know my capabities that the almightly has bestowed upon me!!!
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

I really enjoyed reading this post as it was very enlightning, Like I too have mentioned racism or discrimination of any form should not be the handicap that utterly keeps us from rising to the great plateau that we can all chieve.

Unfortunately we do have this thing called systematic discrimination which makes the situation that more cumbersome.
Like I have said when given an oppurtunity one must take the bull by the horns and run, Black on Black hatred is at an all time high we can look at Africa as the prime example, without unity it will remain in its lack lustre state!

But back to the discussion, hardwork will definately do it, and trust me I do not have the deafetism mentality, I just acknowledge the fact that I am at a significant disadvantage, that is why i try my vceyr best to outshine my classmates and and endevour for a high level of excellence. I will never very "its cause im black" for tho it may be so, if someone discrimnates on me based on my looks it is surely their loss, because i know my capabities that the almightly has bestowed upon me!!!

And I am telling you that that also exists in your mind. Like I said, no matter what society you find yourself in, you are bound to find draws backs of one kind or another. Even people who live in greece where the majority are of greek origin will tell you there is some sort of systemic discrimination that exists. Society has never been perfect to a point where there not exist discrimination of one kind or another. Even in roman society, it existed between the romans and it still exists today. All that considered, it goes to show that Discrimination of one kind or another is to expected and is actually the NORM we can not verify nor give examples for systems where discrimination did not at one time or another exist and so this whole idea of systemic discrimination exists mostly in the minds of people who fantasize about a perfect society which has never existed and still does not exist to this day. Even nature, like I said in some other threads throws you a handicap or two to get you to understand that NORMAL is not without problems of one kind or another, but the main is how well you are able to overcome given the situation you find yourself in.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:51pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ Kobo

How can you fatham that unsystematic racism in the UNITED STATES does not put black people at a comperative disadvantage. I think we must admit that this type of stuff exists! You are spewing tangents about discrimination exsiting in Roman Empire, we are discussing the here and now! It is real and it is happening. That does not mean it has to be used as a frevalous excuse at all times. But riddle me this why do they have the quota system and affirmative action in North America bud?!?1?!
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

@ Kobo

How can you fatham that unsystematic racism in the UNITED STATES does not put black people at a comperative disadvantage. I think we must admit that this type of stuff exists! You are spewing tangents about discrimination exsiting in Roman Empire, we are discussing the here and now! It is real and it is happening. That does not mean it has to be used as a frevalous excuse at all times. But riddle me this why do they have the quota system and affirmative action in North America bud?!?1?!

Here is the problem like I already addressed in my last post, From beginning of civilization to this day every other group call claim some sort of systematic discrimination no matter how baseless it may be,

But let us start considering facts that exist before we decide to admit what type of stuff actually exists and what only exists mostly in our minds.

1) Fact: To date there has been no society that has been without discrimination of some sort, even when the members of that society happen to be mainly of the same background.

2) Fact: Discrimination exists at the basic human level and to expect it not to exist at the higher levels just because, is ludicrous and we see this from north to south pole, even in the muslim world where all are muslims to places like Albania where most of those who live there are native albanians.

3) To discuss the here and now, you have to at least have an example of a the perfect society which you have in mind and we have no such example and knowing all that we know of humans, we are not perfect and so the idea of a perfect society is just a dream, that will never be achieved.

Notice I am not saying discrimination does not exist. It does exist. Discrimination exists even at the atomic levels of human existence, making it an issue is not going to help anyone's case. Like I mentioned earlier, it is not against the law for individuals to discriminate against the other person as long as they do not impose on the rights of the other. It only becomes illegal if the law is broken and so in those cases, the law comes to the aid of the one who has been wronged.

I am not the one giving an excuse here. You are the one trying to argue for it being an excuse for some when I am trying to say there is no excuse for anyone unless a wrong has been commited according to the law.

Say I go to a company owned by an Hausa man and I realize that the man only wants to hire Hausa people. Would that be discrimination, sure. Does that then mean I should write that as reason for me not to move on to find other companies that will hire me and do not mind my ethnicity?? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Should the Hausa business owner be punished for choosing not to hire me even when he made it clear to me that He only seeks to hire his own people?? I don't believe so. Would someone else come in to this picture and claim it is discrimination and even try to get the man prosecuted?? sure. If the law throws out that case as rubbish, does it mean it is systemic discrimination then?? I disagree.

I am more for people accepting that it does exist and it is not going to go away and is going to remain and that is why we have laws to draw lines where one can go with it and lines one can not cross giving power to those who are affected in an unlawful way. Like I have explained to you over and over. I happen to have a greater disadvantage in the society I live in compared to you but I still tell you that regardless of that, I believe the problem is more in the minds of people and how they approach these things than actual problems with the system.

Going back to your cocaine example, society frowns upon crime of every kind and so to expect lenient treatment when crime is involved already shoots holes in that example. Regardless of skin color there are situations where we have seen murder's get off with 17 years and others sentenced to death in the same jurisdiction.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:22am On Mar 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Here is the problem like I already addressed in my last post, From beginning of civilization to this day every other group call claim some sort of systematic discrimination no matter how baseless it may be,

But let us start considering facts that exist before we decide to admit what type of stuff actually exists and what only exists mostly in our minds.

1) Fact: To date there has been no society that has been without discrimination of some sort, even when the members of that society happen to be mainly of the same background.

2) Fact: Discrimination exists at the basic human level and to expect it not to exist at the higher levels just because, is ludicrous and we see this from north to south pole, even in the a great one world where all are great ones to places like Albania where most of those who live there are native albanians.

3) To discuss the here and now, you have to at least have an example of a the perfect society which you have in mind and we have no such example and knowing all that we know of humans, we are not perfect and so the idea of a perfect society is just a dream, that will never be achieved.

Notice I am not saying discrimination does not exist. It does exist. Discrimination exists even at the atomic levels of human existence, making it an issue is not going to help anyone's case. Like I mentioned earlier, it is not against the law for individuals to discriminate against the other person as long as they do not impose on the rights of the other. It only becomes illegal if the law is broken and so in those cases, the law comes to the aid of the one who has been wronged.

I am not the one giving an excuse here. You are the one trying to argue for it being an excuse for some when I am trying to say there is no excuse for anyone unless a wrong has been commited according to the law.

Say I go to a company owned by an Hausa man and I realize that the man only wants to hire Hausa people. Would that be discrimination, sure. Does that then mean I should write that as reason for me not to move on to find other companies that will hire me and do not mind my ethnicity?? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Should the Hausa business owner be punished for choosing not to hire me even when he made it clear to me that He only seeks to hire his own people?? I don't believe so. Would someone else come in to this picture and claim it is discrimination and even try to get the man prosecuted?? sure. If the law throws out that case as rubbish, does it mean it is systemic discrimination then?? I disagree.

I am more for people accepting that it does exist and it is not going to go away and is going to remain and that is why we have laws to draw lines where one can go with it and lines one can not cross giving power to those who are affected in an unlawful way. Like I have explained to you over and over. I happen to have a greater disadvantage in the society I live in compared to you but I still tell you that regardless of that, I believe the problem is more in the minds of people and how they approach these things than actual problems with the system.

Going back to your cocaine example, society frowns upon crime of every kind and so to expect lenient treatment when crime is involved already shoots holes in that example. Regardless of skin color there are situations where we have seen murder's get off with 17 years and others sentenced to death in the same jurisdiction.

It would be ubsurd to say that what has happened to African Americans in the pas has not had an effect on they way that they live their lives today!
when you plant a seed in the spring does it not harvest in the fall?

Slavery my friend has a had a huge impact on the way AA's live, were talking about 310 years of oppression!
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Mar 26, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

It would be ubsurd to say that what has happened to African Americans in the pas has not had an effect on they way that they live their lives today!
when you plant a seed in the spring does it not harvest in the fall?

Slavery my friend has a had a huge impact on the way AA's live, were talking about 310 years of oppression!

I am not saying it has not happened. Neither am I saying that it may still not be happening, nor am I saying that it happens only in the black community. What I am saying is that considering that Discrimination exists in all facets of society, be it here in America or back in Nigeria or wherever you find yourself, that fact alone basically eliminates your "Victim" cushion and is cause for everyone, no matter what kind of discrimination he may be facing in whatever part of the world, to reevaluate their reaction to it. Using your seed analogy, when another person plants a seed, why should the harvest be your own life?? Why not you instead rise above the person's expectations and let the planter ( I am assuming you are refering to the slave master's) reap shame instead?? Why should blacks live in mediocrity and think they are doing the white man who made them slaves at some distance point in history??

None of the people alive today in the black community lived through slavery. NONE. All most of those alive today know of was the end of slavery and the stories that were passed on to them. Some know of the segregation of the 1900's but mostly the end of it. Majority of the people in the black community who raise this racism alarm and claim discrimination are kids whose knowlegde of this is all stories told them.

What group is affected the most by the continued dragging on of the issues of slavery?? The Black community.

What group to this day has been overtaken in education, and most every positive area, in society by people from war ridden areas of the world and from disadvantaged regions of the world?? The Black community

How positive has the focus on slavery and the issues of the past been on the Black community to this day?? It has infact continued to produce more negatives than positives as the black community remains handicapped by this in the majority

Are the whites, the Asias or any other group suffering cause of the repeated opening of old wounds by people in the black community who continually bring up these issues claiming it is for the good of the nation?? NO, infact they seem to be flourishing

So, if what we have been doing has never been shown to work and it seems that even the younger generation seem to be latching on to the old mentality and practically loosing focus on opportunities that are available for them today, Why in the world we need to continue to focus on it ??
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:55am On Mar 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am not saying it has not happened. Neither am I saying that it may still not be happening, nor am I saying that it happens only in the black community. What I am saying is that considering that Discrimination exists in all facets of society, be it here in America or back in Nigeria or wherever you find yourself, that fact alone basically eliminates your "Victim" cushion and is cause for everyone, no matter what kind of discrimination he may be facing in whatever part of the world, to reevaluate their reaction to it. Using your seed analogy, when another person plants a seed, why should the harvest be your own life?? Why not you instead rise above the person's expectations and let the planter ( I am assuming you are refering to the slave master's) reap shame instead?? Why should blacks live in mediocrity and think they are doing the white man who made them slaves at some distance point in history??

None of the people alive today in the black community lived through slavery. NONE. All most of those alive today know of was the end of slavery and the stories that were passed on to them. Some know of the segregation of the 1900's but mostly the end of it. Majority of the people in the black community who raise this racism alarm and claim discrimination are kids whose knowlegde of this is all stories told them.

What group is affected the most by the continued dragging on of the issues of slavery?? The Black community.

What group to this day has been overtaken in education, and most every positive area, in society by people from war ridden areas of the world and from disadvantaged regions of the world?? The Black community

How positive has the focus on slavery and the issues of the past been on the Black community to this day?? It has infact continued to produce more negatives than positives as the black community remains handicapped by this in the majority

Are the whites, the Asias or any other group suffering cause of the repeated opening of old wounds by people in the black community who continually bring up these issues claiming it is for the good of the nation?? NO, infact they seem to be flourishing

So, if what we have been doing has never been shown to work and it seems that even the younger generation seem to be latching on to the old mentality and practically loosing focus on opportunities that are available for them today, Why in the world we need to continue to focus on it ??

Where in my postings did I state that slavery should be a focus for the black community?
We need to stop wallowing in our pity and move no, doubt about that.

That is easier said than done, and we will face monumental discrimination, which known to me is not NATURAL AT ALL, and like I have aforementioned in my previous posts this will happen only with the unity of the black race, others we will be doomed. You can be successful on an individual level, surely we are destined for that.

But without the interwoven synergy of the entire black race we are quintessentially screwed!
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 6:59am On Mar 26, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

Where in my postings did I state that slavery should be a focus for the black community?
We need to stop wallowing in our pity and move no, doubt about that.

That is easier said than done, and we will face monumental discrimination, which known to me is not NATURAL AT ALL, and like I have aforementioned in my previous posts this will happen only with the unity of the black race, others we will be doomed, You can be successful on an individual level, surely we are destined for that.
But without the interwoven synergy of the entire black race we are quintessentially screwed!

Prove the statement in bold. Why continue to put the success of the race on what has never and may never happen?? I mean where is it written in stone that that is the only way we can succeed as a race?? Who is to say individual success does not in some way translate to racial success?? Are indians necessarily united?? Are arabs necessarily more united??
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:18am On Mar 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Prove the statement in bold. Why continue to put the success of the race on what has never and may never happen?? I mean where is it written in stone that that is the only way we can succeed as a race?? Who is to say individual success does not in some way translate to racial success?? Are indians necessarily united?? Are arabs necessarily more united??

I thought we had discussion before, to answer your question plainly those groups you mentioned are in fact more united than we black people.
And who the heck told you that the black race was never united, before the white man we had great kingdoms in Africa that traded with each other peaceably.

India has become successful as a direct result of unified objectives, we are talking about a country that elected a minority Sikh into power, this is as direct result of hiring a qualified competent individual irrelevant of his particular "caste/tribe".
Arabs in there own right are leaps and bounds ahead of us in terms of unity. United we stand divided fall, but for the black race the vice versa is apparent

There are so many succeful black individuals but this has not translated to diddly squat for the black race as a whole.
Do you think philanthropic work by Oprah will be a big determinant or something
By the by aren't you the same one who said that Dangote's billions shouldn't be jeered on for they have no real economic importance?? LMAO
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 7:37am On Mar 26, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

I thought we had discussion before, to answer your question plainly those groups you mentioned are in fact more united than we black people.
And who the heck told you that the black race was never united, before the white man we had great kingdoms in Africa that traded with each other peaceably.

I don't think any race is as unified as you think actually. Infact, if you do believe that the black race was at one time unified, then I ask you now what the difference is with what we have today. Following you preaching on unification, I was of the mind that maybe you expect us all to follow the same rules and believe in the same things and at no time in black history has it ever been that way. If you look into the history of africa alone you would understand why I say that and where people who are calling for split ups are coming from.

Before the white man came in, we lived in clusters, mostly disconnected clusters. Yes, trade did bring a few of them together but like the rest of the world, Kingdoms arose and people became subjects to kings they did not ask for and there were wars, periods of prosperity and then periods of decline just like any other group and if you look around we have exactly the same happening today. So Forgive me if I do not understand your need for unity when we have today what we had before only now, we are no longer able to live in clusters and we are forced to deal more openly than we used to with the rest of the society.   

India has become successful as a direct result of unified objectives, we are talking about a country that elected a minority Sikh into power, this is as direct result of hiring a qualified competent individual irrelevant of his particular "caste/tribe".Arabs in there own right are leaps and bounds ahead of us in terms of unity. United we stand divided fall, but for the black race the vice versa is apparent

There are so many succeful black individuals but this has not translated to diddly squat for the black race as a whole. Do you think philanthropic work by Oprah will be a big determinant or something
By the by aren't you the same one who said that Dangote's billions shouldn't be jeered on for they have no real economic importance?? LMAO

I do not agree with you at all. I believe the Indians are still as divided as they used to be only now they have decided to accept to do more to move forward individually and that has translated to the development we see today in india.

I have not mentioned anything about Oprah or what she decides to do with her money, that is no where close to this issue. I do not believe we are as divided as you claim we are in the black community. I believe we need to reset our priorities and do better for ourselves as individuals and that will translate in time to success for the society. If you are advocating a "LETS HOLD HANDS AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER" move, it will never work. 

For me it is simple. If a woman has 10 children with differing opinions when it comes to the best way to move forward in life the legal way,  but all 10 of them work individually to be successful in whatever field they find themselves in and at the end of the day help their mother out the best they can, that family is in my view a successful cluster.

Nothing in Africa has changed, in the black race, we are still the same people, is the way I see it. Just as united/divided( depends on the way you choose to see it) as we have been for hundreds of years. Trying to bring us even closer than we are now is not necessarily the solution but getting people to realize that it is time for action on their part is more a move in the right direction. We have more people in the black community and even in Africa who sit and wait for someone else to come do for them what they ought to be doing for themselves. Our problem is more laziness than it is a lack of unity. Look at Nigeria for example, we have more people waiting and who have been waiting for so many years for government to come do for them. Countries like America where actually built by the people; business men who helped build things to where we have it today and people who still run the economy.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by presido1: 9:05am On Mar 26, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I happen to work on the internet as in, I am a software engineer and the internet is my domain so posting almost 4000 comments in here since september of 2007 is not a big deal at all. LMAO!!!!
I thought you said you are a biochemist.
NL and yahoo boiz.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by outlaws(m): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2008
cool

kobojunkie is just posting shit all over this forum pretending that he is doing something.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by outlaws(m): 9:31am On Mar 26, 2008
cool

To:Texxapette:
Your question is what do I think about Black racist. Well, that’s an interesting question, but I guess I have to answer that. Lets put it this way, it was the White man who left his country, evaded African nations for cheap labor, in return, he enslaved them for years, while they profit in their resources and income. The Black man was in the field day and afternoon working in the farms while the White man was in school learning or drinking wine from London and chilling at home. What have Black people done to White people? Well, based on what I know and U.S. history, Blacks have only fought back to defend them selves from White people. It was the White people that segregated social services, tried to kill off the Indians, imprison any one that threatens them back in those racist days. The racist days are still present but back in those slave trade days, it was so strong that you could taste it once you step out side the house.

Some White people say that Minister Louise is a racist. Minister Louise responded that he is not a racist, he is defending Black people and the race. The minister doesn’t encourage Blacks marrying Whites. Why? He responded, there are too many Black women left alone without a husband.

Is possible to have Black racist but what have they done against White people? Since you like defending White people why don’t you ask your White friends to post what Black people have done to them? So, I don’t know what Black people have done to other race. If you know one, post it, don’t just ask unnecessary question.
Re: This Is 2008:slavery In The U.s.? Impossible? Think Again by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2008
presido1:

I thought you said you are a biochemist.
Nairaland and yahoo boiz.

Did you make a law that says I can not be both or do you happen to have information about me that I do not have

outlaws:

cool

kobojunkie is just posting shit all over this forum pretending that he is doing something.

Look, trying to take jabs at me when questioned about the groundlessness of your own post is not going to add brownie points to eliminate the fact that your claim which is based on a KKK article needs some work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New Lagos / Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? / I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.