Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Quail Farming In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Quail Farming In Nigeria (9015 Views)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / Quail Farming In Nigeria / Quail Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quail Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 4:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
QUAIL FARMING…….QUICK CASH……

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.
From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 4000 Naira every day.
BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.

FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.

TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253, 08025376909 OR profindeed@yahoo.com.
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
some buyers do complain that they pay money to some pple dat do adverts online,some do post under our post please make ur proper findings before making any payment to any body.some pple are nt into quail farming they were just online to deceive people pls. if u are buying quail from us from any part of the country,we can send some numbers to you that as bought quail from us a guarantee and security of your hard earn money,please beware of fraudster(yahoo guyz) online. for any information concerning quail farming,turkey farming,imported duck farming,guinea fowl farming(both eggs and chicks) feel free to call us on 08060115253,08189714271,[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by monikaborua(f): 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
For successful quail farming business, it's very important to learn about the life cycle of a quail. Usually quails survive for 3 to 4 years. Their average body weight is between 150 to 200 grams. They gain sexual maturity faster than other poultry birds. On an average, a female quail starts laying eggs at their 6 to 7 weeks of age. And their eggs weight around 7 to 15 grams. Usually they they about 300 beautiful eggs during their first laying year. Light play a very important role for laying eggs. They require about 16 hours of lighting period for maximum egg production. Quails don't hatch their eggs. You can use chickens or an incubator for hatching their eggs. It takes about 17 days to hatch their eggs, and newly born quail chick weights about 6 to 7 grams. For successful breeding, you have to keep one male quail with every 5 female quails. Take good care of the chicks until they reach their two weeks of age.
http://www.roysfarm.com/2012/03/quail-farming.html

1 Like

Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by aAK1(m): 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
Get your birds, eggs, and incubators at very affordable price. 07061296381
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by FarmTech(m): 12:34am On Aug 05, 2014
Which type of feed do we give them?
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by spanzed(m): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by spanzed(m): 6:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
ogbongenet: QUAIL FARMING…….QUICK CASH……

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.
From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 4000 Naira every day.
BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.

FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.

TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253, 08025376909 OR profindeed@yahoo.com.
pls how much do u start withand how many quantity of quail do u get??
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by Nivlin: 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
aAK1: Get your birds, eggs, and incubators at very affordable price. 07061296381

Where are you located
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by aAK1(m): 11:33am On Aug 07, 2014
minna niger state
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by Ebi4life: 9:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
aAK1: minna niger state
. What are d kind of food that the quail feeds on for maximum productivity.
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by aAK1(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2014
I put my birds on starter feed throughout. Some people would change to layer latter which is wrong . quails are to be fed 28% protein which you won't get ready made in Nigeria. The closest you would get is 24% which is starter feed. Some people would say layer feed make the eggs stronger which is true because of calcium. but the downside is, unlike chicken, you have male and female mixed together. The calcium is not good for the male at all and would shorten it's lifespan.

1 Like

Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by FarmTech(m): 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
aAK1: I put my birds on starter feed throughout. Some people would change to layer latter which is wrong . quails are to be fed 28% protein which you won't get ready made in Nigeria. The closest you would get is 24% which is starter feed. Some people would say layer feed make the eggs stronger which is true because of calcium. but the downside is, unlike chicken, you have male and female mixed together. The calcium is not good for the male at all and would shorten it's lifespan.
Liked. Will adding soybean meal to starter give a better result?
Is it not possible to separate the males from females?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by aAK1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
I'm not too good at feed formulation. But I know you must mentain a balance. Soybean is not 100% protein. It also has other nutrients. If you just at it to ready made feed, I think it will shot the value of other things up to.
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by FarmTech(m): 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
aAK1: I'm not too good at feed formulation. But I know you must mentain a balance. Soybean is not 100% protein. It also has other nutrients. If you just at it to ready made feed, I think it will shot the value of other things up to.
Ok. Probably soybean and fishmeal.
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by aAK1(m): 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
No need for all that . just feed with starter.
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by lekan2014(m): 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
Quail is the latest business in town. Quails birds can survive anywhere in Nigeria including Maiduguri. Any interested investor can count on our experience. We train and assist would-be farmers to set up their Farms for a minimal fee. Contact us today at Plot 19, Igesu Rd., Olayemi, Ayobo-Ipaja LCDA, Lagos. Tel.: 08066525181 / 08050235595. Email.: lekan.alausafarms@yahoo.com Visit: www.alausafarms.com

Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
For your day old,3wks,5wks quail,Turkey and broiller...pls contact me on 08060115253...incase you have any issue concerning poultry farming,u can also get intourch with me for free information...Stay blessed.
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by donass1188: 10:51am On Nov 21, 2014
quail egg is nutritious to d body...comfirm
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by donass1188: 10:52am On Nov 21, 2014
yes dats true
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2014
i wish to use dis medium to greet all farmers,readers and commentators on dis forum Hapi xmass and a blessful new year ahead...By God grace dis coming year 2015 will b a year of fullfillment...
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
Dis is anoda new year...anoda opportunity to start new tin..Big bro dnt just visit dis site to comment,read post,or yab pple.see it as an opportunity to learn and act accordingly..dere is a lots of guru here learn from...Time na money o
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2015
I welcome the General of the masses to my state.....Sai Buhari.......
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ensodev(m): 10:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
pls give more pix....let see how the cage look like....exterior and can I rear quail in same battery cage, how much do u sell a day bbm old...i intend buying 250
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
ensodev:
pls give more pix....let see how the cage look like....exterior and can I rear quail in same battery cage, how much do u sell a day bbm old...i intend buying 250
u can't rear quail inside battery cage due to small stature.a day quail is #90.for more info call 08060115253

Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ensodev(m): 1:52am On Sep 07, 2015
I will surely call you today.....thanks
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by aAK1(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2015
You can also invest in a quail egg incubator.this capacity is 132 capacity and I will sell at 40000 naira

Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
3wks quail for sale
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by LANDOS4RE4: 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
CALL ME , I NEED IT VERU URGENT 08034415343
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by ogbongenet: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2015
4wk old quails on ground
Re: Quail Farming In Nigeria by olagabriel26: 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
Quaill eggs for sale with nice packaging, call 07030790122, 08157783822, 08035065038 to order.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surplus Strawberry In Plateau, Few Buyers. / My Cucumber Farming Adventure(my First Experience As A Farmer) / LASG To Hold Ileya Edition Of Eko Farmers’ Market On July 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.