Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,444 members, 7,801,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (30208 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Exterior:

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
Interior:

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
Aviation minister, Stella Oduah, with her entourage:

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
This is not an airport angry this time next year you'll see gala kiosk in front of it.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Rossikk(m): 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
^^ Thanks. Go build your own and use.

11 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by seunfly: 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
sheyie2007: This is not an airport angry
True but half bread is better than non.
Rossikk: ^^ Thanks. Go build your own and use.
But we can do better than that, especialy when u later realise the amount of money spent on it.
Rossikk u know better now, we better build standard thing now than build and remodel 5 to 10 years later then remodel in another 10years.
Let take a cue from muritala muhammed international airport in Lagos, built before i was born and still standing tall till now that i am 30years.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by CyberG: 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
Nigerians deserve NO PITY...and you only will suffer for the stupidity of your leaders that you defend shamelessly! I have travelled through uncountable number of airports and not even their dog house (if there were dogs actually) look anything like that thing you called "remodelled" airport! Is that not a small power cable hanging on a measly post there? Is that not brown sand that is right in front of this your airport? How much was spent on this project? Nigerians, the silly defenders of foolis.h leaders, deserve only suffering the consequences of their actions.

24 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Guapo(m): 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Looks like Vauxhall bus station. cheesy
I won't celebrate this, but it's a positive development. It's better than nothing

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
http://fmi.gov.ng/nggt-edo-fg-upgrades-benin-airport-to-service-400-passengers/

Established in 1979 to cater for a traffic of over 200 passengers daily, the Benin Airport is being remodeled by the Federal Government to now accommodate about 400 passengers at a time.

Briefing members of the National Good Governance Tour at the Airport on Sunday, the Airport Manager, Mr. Ayodele Sunday said “because of the improvement in the socio-economic activities of the State it was impossible to accommodate users of the airport. He said for a very long time the airport was more or less abandoned.

“We thank God that we have a President and also a Minister (Aviation) that is very visionary and they are agents of transformation.

“If you were here 11years ago, it was actually an airport that one would consider in shambles. It was totally neglected. It is an airport that now goes along with a lot of compliments. Before, we did not have Airconditioning, now we do. The conveyor belt will come, and just yesterday we also took delivery of 1000KVA generator and everything has been going on smoothly.

He said previously the airport only had Arrival and Departure halls but now it has a public concourse.
“Apart from the completed Departure and Arrival halls, also completed are the ticketing/airline offices.

In addition, also being constructed simultaneously is a new control tower as well asimproved weather forecast equipment and new terminal building.

He equally informed that to raise air safety, a Wind Shear Alarm System has been installed at the airport.

Sunday further stated that total VHF coverage has also been achieved at the Airport. According to him, the console the airport started with has been replaced with the new equipment.

“An aircraft that now takes off from Lagos can contact Benin. All the controllers are now very busy because Benin is an enroute station.
Aircrafts going to Port Harcourt, going to Enugu, Asaba, Warri are being controlled here.

While commending the work done so far, the Nigeria Union of Journalists President, Mallam Mohammed Garba assured that the media would follow up on the project to verify that the commissioning takes place in two weeks as promised by the airport manager.

The Minister of Works, Arc. Mike Onolememen, who hales from Edo State praised the aviation Minister for totally transforming the Benin airport.

“If you used to know what the Benin airport used to look like and what it is today you will better appreciate the works that has been done here. It is a very good sign of the many good things that will happen not only in the Aviation Sector but indeed other sectors of the national economy as encapsulated in the Transformation Agenda of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan”, the Works Minister stated.

“My only plea to FAAN is that they develop a means of sustaining this development because sustainability is key”, he added .

The Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku noted that the country was now having standard airports that could measure up with those all over the world.
He said “The airports before now were like poultry sheds. If you go to old Akure Airport you would know what that kind of vision was. And an airport must have space for the operation of other businesses around the airport. I want to commend the Minister of Aviation again, Princes Stella Oduah for her drive and what she had done inour airports.

“This is the 11th airport under transformation. Kano has been commissioned, Lagos has been commissioned and Benin is virtually ready for commissioning with the exception of the lighting system which is being done to ensure this place has light to carry the new A.Cs.

“We also have 100 percent radar coverage of Nigerian Airspace now. Anyone who fliesinto Nigeria from anywhere, wewill pick you on our radar. This has been done in the last two years to ensure safety.

Responding to a question the Information Minister said Nigeria was not the only country having airports within city vicinity. He said

“It is our belief that God helping us, because even accidents could still occur with the most equipped airports. There are certain elements that are beyond human control but as we get more equipment, better aircrafts, better safety equipment accidents will reduce to the barest minimum.

He said the Ministry of Aviation, Private Sector operators and banks were working together to access newer aircrafts, pointing out however that the issue was not necessarily with the age of an aircraft but maintenance.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
Those looking for N100billion edifice should look elsewhere. Each of the 11 Airports are being re-modelled at an average cost of N700million, mostly by direct labour. There's no N100billion to spend on Airports.

The most important thing is to ensure our Airports attain the minimum international standard

Meanwhile, more pictures of the Benin Airport

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
The national express station in birmingham; Euston train station; and Victoria station look better than that...

Nigeria defo needs to step up to the 21st century...

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by seunfly: 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Why can't we call a spade a spade?
If something is good let us all praise it but if it is not good enough let us all say it together. Seeing bad and defending it because i, my tribe, my family or my organisation is benefiting from it today is bad, what about tomorow or what effect will it have on our/ur own children.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
seunfly:
Why can't we call a spade a spade?
If something is good let us all praise it but if it is not good enough let us all say it together. Seeing bad and defending it because i, my tribe, my family or my organisation is benefiting from it today is good, what about tomorow or what effect will it have on our/ur own children.
You must be a saddist to call the fantastic job done in that Airport bad. The Op posted only 2 pictures but I still have many pictures of the Airport in phone.

The CPC claim to be building an Airport in Nasarawa state, but almost 2yrs down the line, next to nothing has been done.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by monkeyleg: 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You must be a saddist to call the fantastic job done in that Airport bad. The Op posted only 2 pictures but I still have many pictures of the Airport in phone.

The CPC claim to be building an Airport in Nasarawa state, but almost 2yrs down the line, next to nothing has been done.

Come on, Seunfly is right. We must all be mature enough to accept the truth when we see it. I used that airport less than 2 weeks ago, and I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the finishing. What is important to note here, is that a better quality job could have been done with the same amount of money. 700 million Naira is serious money by all standards. The quality is poor. The choice of architecture is wrong, in less 2 years the place would look run down. I am all for change, but we must not shy away from positively criticizing work which we think is far below par

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by 4Play(m): 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
The obsession with airports which most of the populace can't afford is a case of misplaced priorities.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
monkeyleg:

Come on, Seunfly is right. We must all be mature enough to accept the truth when we see it. I used that airport less than 2 weeks ago, and I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the finishing. What is important to note here, is that a better quality job could have been done with the same amount of money. 700 million Naira is serious money by all standards. The quality is poor. The choice of architecture is wrong, in less 2 years the place would look run down. I am all for change, but we must not shy away from positively criticizing work which we think is far below par
No matter how good a work is, a fault-finder will find faults. Those already blinded by hate, can never see anything good. QED.

You said you'v been to Airport, but so also is the governor of Edo State, who knew what the Airport was like before and what it it today. The governor was full of praise for the minister for a job WELL DONE. Several federal Legislators have also been there.

Ok. Since Barca won today, let me celebrate by posting more pictures of the Benin Airport

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by IGBOSON1: 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
For the kind of traffic Benin airport sees, it is kinda small......unless of course it stretches way back. It's the next busiest airport after Lagos, Abuja, Warri and Enugu.

For heavens sakes, does someone have pics of inside the terminal?- toilets, gates, shops, etc; i'm tired of seeing only the entrance hall and a parking lot in need of some major landscaping work.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by iamswizz(m): 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
fashola is working!!!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ok its been remodelled.
I'd remember to put this down in my fortran test on friday.
Mtchewwundecided
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Andyforte: 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
Nonsense. Is this an airport?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by monkeyleg: 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
No matter how good a work is, a fault-finder will find faults. Those already blinded by hate, can never see anything good. QED.

You said you'v been to Airport, but so also is the governor of Edo State, who knew what the Airport was like before and what it it today. The governor was full of praise for the minister for a job WELL DONE. Several federal Legislators have also been there.

So what if the governor says the airport is good? are we all not qualified to judge what is good or bad. did GEJ not claim that electricity was stable in Nigeria? is that the case? By the way I also used that airport last year before the work started .

The problem with most Nigerians is that they have no standards to measure up to, that is why most would claim GEJ is working even when the country is crumbling to bits

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by chucky234(m): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
Look more like a shopping mall than airport to me,no sane man will that shabby looking structure airport in 2013 let alone a remodelled.
Da Vinci in Italy regarded as the worst airport in Europe is an edifice compare to the airports in the entire federation including MMA yet we spends billions annually on these airports with nothing to show for,I have nothing but pity for this country.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by vambi: 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
Anything worth doing is worth doing well this is actually far below standard.Red sand every where after spending billions ,why are Nigerians so corrupt.
Madam aviation is happy to commission it, her cut must have been very large.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Akpaife(m): 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
Which state
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by mystikal(m): 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
seunfly:
True but half bread is better than non.

But we can do better than that, especialy when u later realise the amount of money spent on it.
Rossikk u know better now, we better build standard thing now than build and remodel 5 to 10 years later then remodel in another 10years.
Let take a cue from muritala muhammed international airport in Lagos, built before i was born and steal standing tall till now that i am 30years[b][/b].

Is that an Airport to even brag about?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Novice1(m): 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: http://fmi.gov.ng/nggt-edo-fg-upgrades-benin-airport-to-service-400-passengers/

Established in 1979 to cater for a traffic of over 200 passengers daily, the Benin Airport is being remodeled by the Federal Government to now accommodate about 400 passengers at a time.

Briefing members of the National Good Governance Tour at the Airport on Sunday, the Airport Manager, Mr. Ayodele Sunday said “because of the improvement in the socio-economic activities of the State it was impossible to accommodate users of the airport. He said for a very long time the airport was more or less abandoned.

We thank God that we have a President and also a Minister (Aviation) that is very visionary and they are agents of transformation.

“If you were here 11years ago, it was actually an airport that one would consider in shambles. It was totally neglected. It is an airport that now goes along with a lot of compliments. Before, we did not have Airconditioning, now we do. The conveyor belt will come, and just yesterday we also took delivery of 1000KVA generator and everything has been going on smoothly.

He said previously the airport only had Arrival and Departure halls but now it has a public concourse.
“Apart from the completed Departure and Arrival halls, also completed are the ticketing/airline offices.

In addition, also being constructed simultaneously is a new control tower as well asimproved weather forecast equipment and new terminal building.

He equally informed that to raise air safety, a Wind Shear Alarm System has been installed at the airport.

Sunday further stated that total VHF coverage has also been achieved at the Airport. According to him, the console the airport started with has been replaced with the new equipment.

“An aircraft that now takes off from Lagos can contact Benin. All the controllers are now very busy because Benin is an enroute station.
Aircrafts going to Port Harcourt, going to Enugu, Asaba, Warri are being controlled here.

While commending the work done so far, the Nigeria Union of Journalists President, Mallam Mohammed Garba assured that the media would follow up on the project to verify that the commissioning takes place in two weeks as promised by the airport manager.

The Minister of Works, Arc. Mike Onolememen, who hales from Edo State praised the aviation Minister for totally transforming the Benin airport.

“If you used to know what the Benin airport used to look like and what it is today you will better appreciate the works that has been done here. It is a very good sign of the many good things that will happen not only in the Aviation Sector but indeed other sectors of the national economy as encapsulated in the Transformation Agenda of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan”, the Works Minister stated.

“My only plea to FAAN is that they develop a means of sustaining this development because sustainability is key”, he added .

The Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku noted that the country was now having standard airports that could measure up with those all over the world.
He said “The airports before now were like poultry sheds. If you go to old Akure Airport you would know what that kind of vision was. And an airport must have space for the operation of other businesses around the airport. I want to commend the Minister of Aviation again, Princes Stella Oduah for her drive and what she had done inour airports.

“This is the 11th airport under transformation. Kano has been commissioned, Lagos has been commissioned and Benin is virtually ready for commissioning with the exception of the lighting system which is being done to ensure this place has light to carry the new A.Cs.

“We also have 100 percent radar coverage of Nigerian Airspace now. Anyone who fliesinto Nigeria from anywhere, wewill pick you on our radar. This has been done in the last two years to ensure safety.

Responding to a question the Information Minister said Nigeria was not the only country having airports within city vicinity. He said

“It is our belief that God helping us, because even accidents could still occur with the most equipped airports. There are certain elements that are beyond human control but as we get more equipment, better aircrafts, better safety equipment accidents will reduce to the barest minimum.

He said the Ministry of Aviation, Private Sector operators and banks were working together to access newer aircrafts, pointing out however that the issue was not necessarily with the age of an aircraft but maintenance.

Wht is it always about the person? So a person doing his/her duty for which he receives pay becomes news?

Psycophancy is the bane of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 10:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
monkeyleg:

So what if the governor says the airport is good? are we all not qualified to judge what is good or bad. did GEJ not claim that electricity was stable in Nigeria? is that the case? By the way I also used that airport last year before the work started .

The problem with most Nigerians is that they have no standards to measure up to, that is why most would claim GEJ is working even when the country is crumbling to bits

Look, get this into your skull! Ytou are not speaking the truth! You are playing politics! And no one is deceived by your con post! The airport has been remodelled and it is very very ok for the level of traffic. What were you expecting to see? A large shopping mall? If the governor, Adams Oshiomole, an opposition governor who was just 2 weeks ago speaking against PDP can acknowledge that the job is great, then you are inconsequential and your partisan rant is meaningless! Did you read that radars and control tower and more were installed?

Some of you don't know when to do politics and when to shut up! If you think condeming eveything GEJ does will get APC the 2015 victory, then you know nothing! Edo state people are very glad about the airports new look and no amount of NL rant will change that!

11 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by abbeybanks(m): 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
The cost of the Min and her entourage from Abj should have been used to carry out more repairs in the airport, like the ground they are walking on is not cemented/concrete, those barricade has been there in time in-immemorial etc.
FG projects looks so much like an individual doing renovation in his home.smh
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by thelastPope(m): 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
abbeybanks: The cost of the Min and her entourage from Abj should have been used to carry out more repairs in the airport, like the ground they are walking on is not cemented/concrete, those barricade has been there in time in-immemorial etc.
FG projects looks so much like an individual doing renovation in his home.smh

So in your great wisdom, you think they will leave the ground uncemented? SMH!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by Regiblinkz(m): 10:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
CyberG: Nigerians deserve NO PITY...and you only will suffer for the stupidity of your leaders that you defend shamelessly! I have travelled through uncountable number of airports and not even their dog house (if there were dogs actually) look anything like that thing you called "remodelled" airport! Is that not a small power cable hanging on a measly post there? Is that not brown sand that is right in front of this your airport? How much was spent on this project? Nigerians, the silly defenders of foolis.h leaders, deserve only suffering the consequences of their actions.
another idiot ranting

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by olsmade(m): 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
from the pictures above, it looks like its still under construction.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport by monkeyleg: 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
thelastPope:

Look, get this into your skull! Ytou are not speaking the truth! You are playing politics! And no one is deceived by your con post! The airport has been remodelled and it is very very ok for the level of traffic. What were you expecting to see? A large shopping mall? If the governor, Adams Oshiomole, an opposition governor who was just 2 weeks ago speaking against PDP can acknowledge that the job is great, then you are inconsequential and your partisan rant is meaningless! Did you read that radars and control tower and more were installed?

Some of you don't know when to do politics and when to shut up! If you think condeming eveything GEJ does will get APC the 2015 victory, then you know nothing! Edo state people are very glad about the airports new look and no amount of NL rant will change that!

Another pleb, who has no measure of quality. the workmanship of that airport is very poor. Please feel free to snap pictures of that dump, send it to Architectural digest, and see what they say. That is if you know what architectural digest is. I really don't give a phuck what the governor or aviation minister says, the quality of work is very poor

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose And El-Rufai Laugh, Attend Burial Of Comfort Modupe Adetunmbi (Photos) / Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Ebonyi (Pictures, Video) / Tinubu Vs DAAR Communications: Parties Failed To Settle Case Out Of Court (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.