Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality (17478 Views)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Documentary On Lagos Recently Shown In North America On Documentary Tv Channel: / The Bisi Olatilo Show: Bos Is The Boss Of All Tv Talk Shows In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
martinseme: People are kidding with their eternal destination after judgement. A normal healthy human has a lot of cravings which when they contravene law of acceptable norms has to be subdued. We all have the desire to satisfy our pleasure for lust,fame,physical arousals (for fellows same sex,opposite sex,animals and in animate objects), and wealth. But due to the need to maintain social order and cultural norms we have to keep our desires in check and live within the confine of laid down laws. When people now allow their desires to rule over their sense of social justice by breaking laws it then predisposes them to be liable to face punishment be it temporal or permanent. Homosexual is a grave sin against the law of eternal retribution and its offenders are damnable in hell.

Has it occurred to you that not everyone believes in whatever it is that you believe in Have u ever heard about separation of church and state?
If our political leaders made all their decisions based on their religious beliefs, this boko Haram thing will only be a tip of the iceburg.

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Dolemite(f): 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
and now home boy is in a better country enjoying a better life style while holier than thou Nigerians are still wallowing in poverty!!! so who won in the end...ahahhahah
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
kpolli: This one became gay all in the name of residency, o ma se ooooo

Apparently you were dumb to understand the video. He was gay in Nigeria until people like you ran him off. Atleast he has a much better life in the UK where he has some basic human rights while you keep on preaching your hatred!!

2 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
Dolemite: and now home boy is in a better country enjoying a better life style while holier than thou Nigerians are still wallowing in poverty!!! so who won in the end...ahahhahah
I agree with you but I don't think he risked his life in Nigeria just so he could move to the UK. He could have been murdered in Nigeria after the television interview.
Again, "God" always has a reason for everything.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by theripper: 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
Too many Gay stories nowadays on nairaland. Is there some sort of covert Evangelism we aint aware of?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
the_ripper: Too many Gay stories nowadays on nairaland. Is there some sort of covert Evangelism we aint aware of?
Who run this world? GAYS GAYS!!
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Costa2000(m): 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
Verbes: So he's now a celebrity.
Haahahahhaha gay celebrity.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by cokoesang: 4:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
i feel u bro
johnkent:

You argument about polygamy is a lil stu-pid. Polygamy is illegal in most countries as a way to protect women's right. Your African fathers were getting married to these women not because they loved them but as a way to "enslave" them and their kids.
It's sad that an intelligent young man/woman like you in the 21st century is talking about the legalization of polygamy. This is just exactly what's wrong with Nigeria. We educated africans need to get away from our obsolete/archaic beliefs. It's absolutely not going to get us anywhere.
You absolutely do not have to be for gay marriage but atleast recognize that there are people out there that are gay and you should respect that.
In the next decade or so, this whole gay marriage controversy will be history.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by coogar: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx: Phaggots again?

We live in a world of double standards - they stay forcing this inane foreign homoerotic lifestyle on African/black people... Yet the same people think polygamy(which is African) is barbaric...

I'm not against phaggots... however, if you want Africans to legalise homoeroticism(which is foreign) - why not legalise polygamy in the Western world for Africans as well?

This phaggot needs to stay in London and stay getting his butt ripped apart over here, don't go over to AFrica... The continent has enough problems already and I'm sure homoeroticism is the last thing they want to start dealing with now... undecided

he's a faggöt of circumstance!
the poor lad is just using this angle to escape deportation! uk authorities already know faggöts are prosecuted in nigeria.....so anyone claiming to be one would be protected. I don't believe this dude one jot!
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
*looks left, looks right*

Major invasion has occurred to this thread

*walks out of thread*
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
coogar:

he's a faggöt of circumstance!
the poor lad is just using this angle to escape deportation! uk authorities already know faggöts are prosecuted in nigeria.....so anyone claiming to be one would be protected. I don't believe this dude one jot!

Interesting. I'm guessing he also came on National TV in Nigeria because he wanted to be killed in Nigeria?
Get your facts straight.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by MusicCafe: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent:

You argument about polygamy is a lil stu-pid. Polygamy is illegal in most countries as a way to protect women's right. Your African fathers were getting married to these women not because they loved them but as a way to "enslave" them and their kids.
It's sad that an intelligent young man/woman like you in the 21st century is talking about the legalization of polygamy. This is just exactly what's wrong with Nigeria. We educated africans need to get away from our obsolete/archaic beliefs. It's absolutely not going to get us anywhere.
You absolutely do not have to be for gay marriage but atleast recognize that there are people out there that are gay and you should respect that.
In the next decade or so, this whole gay marriage controversy will be history.

You wanted to sound enlightened but you ended up showing your contempt for a differing opinion and you called yourself "enlightened". Just how enlightened are you? I hope you have sisters at home who have largely remained unmarried?

In your thinking, our forefathers married many women to enslave them? what a reasoning? Perhaps, if you have said " Our forefathers married many women for economic reasons, I would have agreed with you. So what's wrong with legalizing polygamy, if you can legalize sodomy? How many women in polygamy marriage were forced into it? I think we should look critically at the merits and demerits of issue before issuing fatwas! Every mad man has his logic, that's exactly what you have demonstrated with your inane reasoning.

6 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
This guy is insane
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
MusicCafe:

You wanted to sound enlightened but you ended up showing your contempt for a differing opinion and you called yourself "enlightened". Just how enlightened are you? I hope you have sisters at home who have largely remained unmarried?

In your thinking, our forefathers married many women to enslave them? what a reasoning? Perhaps, if you have said " Our forefathers married many women for economic reasons, I would have agreed with you. So what's wrong with legalizing polygamy, if you can legalize sodomy? How many women in polygamy marriage were forced into it? I think we should look critically at the merits and demerits of issue before issuing fatwas! Every mad man has his logic, that's exactly what you have demonstrated with your inane reasoning.
You must be living in a bubble. Most women in polygamous relationships in Africa were in fact, forced into the relationship by their families for various reasons!!. You must be naive to believe that this isn't infact the case.

Go look up the definition of "enslaving someone" and using them for "economic reasons" and then u come respond to the post. U pretty much are agreeing with me on the enslaving comment.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
MusicCafe:

Thank you! To some people anything Oyinbo is right while they see many of our culture as either inferior or absurd, this is what I called slave mentality.

4 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by badesco(m): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
There are so many gays in Nigeria especially in some N part of the country.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
inufele2:

Thank you! To some people anything Oyinbo is right while they see many of our culture as either inferior or absurd, this is what I called slave mentality.

Slave mentality? If you absolutely do not want to be associated with "oyibo", why in the world are u not back in your village living in a hut?? Why do you think you have a right to basic human rights? You do because "oyibo" has made u understand that as a human, you have the right to basic human rights. You can criticize oyibo all you want but I bet everyday you get up in the morning, all you think about is how Nigeria can get to the standard of any of the developed nations in the world which happens to be mostly "oyibo" countries.
I bet you are christian and as far as I know, that is totally following "oyibo's" religion.
Think before you write your non-sense on here.

My point: This is not about 'oyobi" but more about Nigerian's that are much more educated today!!
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent:

Slave mentality? If you absolutely do not want to be associated with "oyibo", why in the world are u not back in your village living in a hut?? Why do you think you have a right to basic human rights? You do because "oyibo" has made u understand that as a human, you have the right to basic human rights. You can criticize oyibo all you want but I bet everyday you get up in the morning, all you think about is how Nigeria can get to the standard of any of the developed nations in the world which happens to be mostly "oyibo" countries.
I bet you are christian and as far as I know, that is totally following "oyibo's" religion.
Think before you write your non-sense on here.

Abeg pack well jor! Just a little sentence which was not even addressed to you you are now hyperventilating?
Who told you I hate oyinbo? Did my comment suggest such? Also who told you I'm a xtian? You sat down somewhere and started making assumptions about someone you met in a faceless online forum, how daft could that be?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
inufele2:

Abeg pack well jor! Just a little sentence which was not even addressed to you you are now hyperventilating?
Who told you I hate oyinbo? Did my comment suggest such? Also who told you I'm a xtian? You sat down somewhere and started making assumptions about someone you met in a faceless online forum, how daft could that be?

Again, read before you reply. I said "I bet" you are christian which means I have no clue what your religion is but there is a very high probability that you might be christian since a majority of folks that post on here happen to be christian.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent:

Again, read before you reply. I said "I bet" you are christian which means I have no clue what your religion is but there is a very high probability that you might be christian since a majority of folks that post on here happen to be christian.

Fair enough but for your info I'm a confirmed traditionalist. However, I don't hate oyinbos neither did I hate homosexuals, in fact my former manager is one and he is kind to a fault and a complete gentleman. Having said that I do no agree with you that all polygamy marriages are forced especially in Nigeria, may be some but on many occasions women are willing participants. I do not intend to be a polygamist though and can never be one.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
More grease to your igunpa o jare Bisi. You like men, that is your prerogative jo!
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
inufele2:

Fair enough but for your info I'm a confirmed traditionalist. However, I don't hate oyinbos neither did I hate homosexuals, in fact my former manager is one and he is kind to a fault and a complete gentleman. Having said that I do no agree with you that all polygamy marriages are forced especially in Nigeria, may be some but on many occasions women are willing participants. I do not intend to be a polygamist though and can never be one.
And there's a reason why you wouldn't get into a polygamous relationship. Because you are a smart, education, strong black woman. Only if we had more women like you. There's absolutely no reason in this modern world that we live in for a woman to be in such a relationship. Polygamy is a way of degrading women and way to see them more as a commodity than an actual human that they are. I'm a guy but I feel very strongly about women's rights and Gay rights if you have't figured that out yet.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent:
And there's a reason why you wouldn't get into a polygamous relationship. Because you are a smart, education, strong black woman. Only if we had more women like you. There's absolutely no reason in this modern world that we live in for a woman to be in such a relationship. Polygamy is a way of degrading women and way to see them more as a commodity than an actual human that they are. I'm a guy but I feel very strongly about women's rights and Gay rights if you have't figured that out yet.

You are talking a lot of shite for someone trying to come across as intelligent!

3 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
naijababe:

You are talking a lot of shite for someone trying to come across as intelligent!
And u don't think its degrading forcing women to be married to thesame man?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent:
And u don't think its degrading forcing women to be married to thesame man?

Whatever gave you the idea that there's force involved?!

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 7:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
naijababe:

Whatever gave you the idea that there's force involved?!
seriously you must be living in some bubble.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by VillageBoi(m): 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
MusicCafe:

I doubt Johnkent was making his statement in contempt of a differing opinion but in light of what the law in many places is. He did say polygamy is illegal in various countries and that is the truth.
Your own contempt is you saying you wish he has sisters at home that have largely remained unmarried... what was the point of that? Additionally, a fact is that many women were 'forced' into polygamous marriages hence it now being illegal in many places. Oh ye enlightened one, my tiny observation is that you have made no sense at all nor have you heard of the term 'economic slavery'.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent:
seriously you must be living in some bubble.

Like seriously This nucca's got jokes sha grin
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
naijababe:

Like seriously This nucca's got jokes sha grin
I'm glad to know u got sense enough to agree with me.
Thanks
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent:
I'm glad to know u got sense enough to agree with me.
Thanks

grin grin grin grin grin. I'm sure you'll sleep better tonight. Now, that's enough diarrhoea of the fingers from you okay.

2 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by coogar: 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent:
Interesting. I'm guessing he also came on National TV in Nigeria because he wanted to be killed in Nigeria?
Get your facts straight.

after becoming a celebrity? who would have him killed? there must be something wrong with your logic process.

johnkent:

this is the most idiotic comment ever typed on this forum. i doubt any other comment would rival this for a long long time. polygamy degrades women? oh my gosh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kate Henshaw Laughs Uncontrollably At A Contestant On Nigeria’s Got Talent / BBNaija: Saga, Nini's Relationship Might Be Fake – Pere / Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.