Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers (55678 Views)

Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities. / Decamped From Nysc Batch C 2014 Camp: My Story / Female Corper Decamped For Slapping A Male Corper in Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Prinxx(m): 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
anitank:
what sort of yeye faith is that? Wasn't she aware of the kind of outfit they wear in camp before she agreed to go for NYSC?
why didn't she save herself the stress by collecting exemption letter?
what do u have to say about those wear very long rijab and staying off camp activities by hiding in the mosques and tell you its wrong for a male to come there huh

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Bastituta(m): 10:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
50calibre: This NYSC people should learn to respect people's religious beliefs and choices.
lol... True tak nt ur brin dey unda...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Bastituta(m): 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
50calibre: This NYSC people should learn to respect people's religious beliefs and choices.
lol... True tak bt ur brin dey unda...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ogojohn: IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO ONITSHA. GO TO ANY CATHOLIC CHURCH WITH TROUSERS IF YOU ARE A FEMALE AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU. WE SHOULD LEARN TO RESPECT OTHER PPL SPIRITUAL BELIEF. WHY IS IT THAT DESPITE GOVERNMENT BAN ON WEARING OF HIJAB TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN FRANCE SOME IMMIGRANT MUSLIMS STILL WANT TO TEST THE RESOLVE OF THE GOVERNMENT. BECAUSE IT IS RELIGIOUS. EVEN IN THE BIBLE. IT IS WRITTEN.A MAN SHALL NOT WEAR THAT APPAREL THAT BELONGS TO A WOMAN VICE VERSA. USE YOUR TONGUE AND COUNT YOUR TEETH.
If u go by dat verse in d bible ,by now u should b wearing white robe and not (pant) trouser, or was there anytin lik (pant)trouser in bible days

5 Likes

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ayantoye opeyem: Wat! I served in ogun state in 2011, so many ppl wore skirt, why is her own case different? I'm sure she was rude n dat was why she was decamped. LEARN HOW TO TOAST PPL TO GET WHAT U WANT.... can't she beg?

Beg for what ? Beg for her fundamental right which is protected by the same constitution muslim uses to do things to favour their faith ?

Please, I will be ready to defend her anywhere any time.

Believe me, if I am to serve in Naija. I will wear those jews cap. Let me see that coordinator to stop me

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by ayokenny37(m): 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Even the bible says respect constituted authorities.

She was foolish
tchidi:

Berem, its a lie! There was religion before there was nysc!! Why do they break on friday for prayers? Why do they give sundays off? Cos they respect the religion of the people. If a corp member for any reason refuses to wear d khaki,whether its in the bible or not, NYSC should respect it! Schools in the north make provisions for non muslim students to come to school without hijabs, so what's so difficult for nysc to say 'ok, for those who don't use trousers, here is a skirt or bring ur skirt', but make sure they participate in every activity their trouser wearing counterparts participate! NYSC was wrong to send her out! Hoo haa!!
I think Nigerians are taking religion to far! Why should a sane person wear skirts to camp in the first place? How comfortable can she be anyway? I know of a particular lady who wore skirts during my NYSC days in 2005 and she was ridiculed because of her outfit. If wearing of skirts is gonna be allowed, then NYSC needs to amend their laws.

2 Likes

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Acidosis(m): 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Artistree: Once had a female colleague who'd wrap herself all over in the name of christianity but ended up with pregnancy outta wedlock...hypocrisy & its peak!
Even the holy book yields on secular grounds when necessary, to maintain peace & order...Romans 13:1.
Will she die if she wears d khakhi trousers? Has she wondered what she'd look like wearing Mary Amaka Khakhi skirt on parade?
This is a clear case of giving d dog a bad name so it can be killed. NYSC has done absolutely nothing wrong here.

shattap there jare!

You that look like Beyonce on trouser...
what have you achieved with the trouser?

It is necessary to maintain peace and order?? and you're quoting a bible verse to support that barbaric act.?? are you du.. mb

If I want to r.. ape you; will you maintain orders because the bible tells u that?
If I give you a ciggarrette against your wish, will you take it to maintain peace and order??
who is your pastor? which church do you attend?

I am sure you're a chorister in one of these jerry curl tinted pastors who sleep with choir members...

Rubbish...

A fellow female like you was driven out of a camp at 11pm and you're here talking romans ....

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by blackbeau1(f): 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
But why do they allow muslim corpers to use their hijab and long white trousers instead of shorts and then they tell a christian girl that she can't act according to her faith? I love trousers but I believe that if muslims are granted that right,then christians should be granted same.btw,even if they wanted to decamp her,must they do it @ 11pm? That is absolute wickedness. What if she had been killed?

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Bastituta(m): 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
whiteroses:

she respects her body too much and would rather hide her scrumptous ikebe in a sac, i guess but thats what she knows. Ignoramus things
i tire oo
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by abisquare(f): 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Had it been a muslimah now sum idiot wil gladly run dia Mouth shoutin jihadist atleast a lady knws her body is a temple and refuse to expose it. Kudos to her service no b by force
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Jared7: 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Her Church get CAMP....Make she go that one.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by searay(m): 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
emmatok: But Muslims women wears Hijab in Camp
With skirt?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by nikkypearl(f): 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
wellmax: hmm, next topic please
HAPPY 33RD BIRTHDAY TO CHIOMA CHUKWUKA AKPOTHA
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ogojohn: IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO ONITSHA. GO TO ANY CATHOLIC CHURCH WITH TROUSERS IF YOU ARE A FEMALE AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU. WE SHOULD LEARN TO RESPECT OTHER PPL SPIRITUAL BELIEF. WHY IS IT THAT DESPITE GOVERNMENT BAN ON WEARING OF HIJAB TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN FRANCE SOME IMMIGRANT MUSLIMS STILL WANT TO TEST THE RESOLVE OF THE GOVERNMENT. BECAUSE IT IS RELIGIOUS. EVEN IN THE BIBLE. IT IS WRITTEN.A MAN SHALL NOT WEAR THAT APPAREL THAT BELONGS TO A WOMAN VICE VERSA. USE YOUR TONGUE AND COUNT YOUR TEETH.
So trousers have now become a sin for women to wear? mtscheeeew! Nigerians and their stewpid way of thinking. smh

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Bandy10: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
There is only one thing religion does-makes you a fool.This is a lady that graduated from a higher institution and she believes that wearing a pair of trouser will make her sin. I am sure she will be a hero in her church for doing what god likes.Nigerians let us enmacipate ourselves from mental slavery called religion
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Valto(m): 10:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
a popular saying..When in Rome , do as the Romans do... wearing trouser in camp, wouldnt av dampened her faith...this girl is surely a learner!!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by rackeal(f): 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
Better still she wouldn't ve gone 4 service shekina
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
Jared7: Her Church get CAMP....Make she go that one.
hehehehe! Abeg no wound me with laugh! grin

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Bastituta(m): 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
black_beau: But why do they allow muslim corpers to use their hijab and long white trousers instead of shorts and then they tell a christian girl that she can't act according to her faith? I love trousers but I believe that if muslims are granted that right,then christians should be granted same.btw,even if they wanted to decamp her,must they do it @ 11pm? That is absolute wickedness. What if she had been killed?
think first bf talking. Wu ask her nt to cover her hair or wia ani cap she want bt wen odas r wearin trouser she cant be excluded cos its a standing rule dt all corpers must wear trouser or she fit use skirt clinp or do all dos excersi?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
Like seriously, this thing no be issue at all. our corper girl wan make news headlines. she can rest now cos shes now on vanguard. NYSC isnt going to change their rules cos of her. she either wears the trousers or apply for an exemption. For heaven's sake, so she thinks its better wearing skirts while climbing dem nysc ropes, doing the rigorous exercises? She wan expose her ikebe to the whole campers ni?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
berem: I think Nigerians are taking religion to far! Why should a sane person wear skirts to camp in the first place? How comfortable can she be anyway? I know of a particular lady who wore skirts during my NYSC days in 2005 and she was ridiculed because of her outfit. If wearing of skirts is gonna be allowed, then NYSC needs to amend their laws.

is she complaining? make una leave her alone! She is very much aware of all that, yet she chose it, so why criticize her? My problem is that none of u is even considering the risk of her being sent out that night. Only how silly she is to wear skirts. Her choices should be respected. Do u think wearing hijab all day is fun? I wore hijabs in sokoto and zamfara and almost died of heat, but i had to wear them cos of the terrain i was in. she is perfectly right to wear what she believes in.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Acidosis(m): 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
I wish I could handle this matter...

I would love to meet that brainless person nysc coordinator in the court of law...

Is s €x part of the code and conduct of nysc?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by tintingz(m): 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
Policewoman: Pls is dia anywhere in d bible it is written dat women should nt wear trousers? Abi d babe na rev.sister?
yes something like...

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man
put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your
God. (Deuteromy 22:5)

But she should have put on the khaki trouser since she knew about the khaki trouser in camp. . .atleast not for long, many hijab sisters wear the khaki trouser during camp... smiley
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Bastituta(m): 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
searay: With skirt?
abi ooo ansa nw namu
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Bastituta(m): 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
searay: With skirt?
abi ooo ansa nw
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by searay(m): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
Akpa ife: Man make u no wear woman garment n woman make u no wear man cloth dats wht d bible said respect d law of God n fear God,human u dey hear?
must you express your MUMUness in this manner? Is a woman's trouser design the same as the man's trouser?

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
tchidi:

is she complaining? make una leave her alone! She is very much aware of all that, yet she chose it, so why criticize her? My problem is that none of u is even considering the risk of her being sent out that night. Only how silly she is to wear skirts. Her choices should be respected. Do u think wearing hijab all day is fun? I wore hijabs in sokoto and zamfara and almost died of heat, but i had to wear them cos of the terrain i was in. she is perfectly right to wear what she believes in.
you say you wear wetin? Hijab? why nau? are you a Muslim? odikwa serious! I also went to a secondary school in Zamfara but not with a Hijab. WTF!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Geophem(m): 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Acidosis: God
punish the coordinator and those praising the barbaric act of the
person ignoramus brainless coordinator...

Why on earth would any bastard in a bastard dominated country like ours
deprive one of his/her faith??

What happens to those reverend sisters on campus, medical schools with a
dress code?

How about those NTA female journalists who wear hijab?

What happens to northern secondary school female students?

How about muslim corp members?

The fact that you're comfortable wearing a trouser like your husband
doesn't mean those against it are wrong or dum. b... It is what they
believe and whether some will go to hell is no one business to judge...

The only problem is: It will be too late to change your believe by the
time the truth is unveiled.. be it skirt or trouser or wrapper or hijab
or gown or scarf or brazillian or togolese..
grin
are u a christian? i doubt it
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by confusion247(m): 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ogbeche77: so when they wear hijabs, do they pull of there trousers? What's your point exactly?
Is hijabs also part of NYSC dressing code? An answer to this question will give you his point.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Acidosis(m): 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Valto: a popular saying..When in Rome , do as the Romans do... wearing trouser in camp, wouldnt av dampened her faith...this girl is surely a learner!!

Shes not a learner but a HERO...

She stood her ground irrespective of your views and that others...

Some of you corpers and ex corps fell for cheap temptations and konji, cash, cheap connections and all...

Here is a corp member standing her ground and you called her a learner . ..

Oboy na you be learner oo!
na person like you go deny Jesus christ cos of N1000

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Edo Corper, Gbadamosi OluwaMayowa, Arrested For Sleeping With His Student / Fake Corper Arrested At Akwa Ibom NYSC Orientation Camp By Police (Photos) / See What A Nairalander Did When He Collected His NYSC Discharge Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.