Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

GEJ Presidential Pardon - Why All The Noise? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Presidential Pardon - Why All The Noise? (431 Views)

Forget The Noise By APC, PDP – Agbakoba / Lai Mohammed Fires Back At FFK- "whats all the noise about Buharis credentials?" / GEJ Presidential Media Chat - Live Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Presidential Pardon - Why All The Noise? by nairawall: 1:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
I am not a strong supporter of GEJ but I am a bit surprise when everyone got so upset about the state pardoned granted Alamieseigha, EX VP and others.

Ribadu and El Rufai ran from the law under gentle honest Yar'Adua. The North pressured GEJ not to prosecute their sons. GEJ obliged. Everybody silent. Escaped wanted man ran for Prez. Alamieseigha has served his punishment unlike the others. GEJ pardons him. Wahala! Why is there pardon in ur constitution if it is not to be used? Do u pardon Saints or sinners? So what's the probs?
Re: GEJ Presidential Pardon - Why All The Noise? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
nairawall: I am not a strong supporter of GEJ but I am a bit surprise when everyone got so upset about the state pardoned granted to Alamieseigha, EX VP and others.

Ribadu and El Rufai ran from the law under gentle honest Yar'Adua. The North pressured GEJ not to prosecute their sons. GEJ obliged. Everybody silent. Escaped wanted man ran for Prez. Alamieseigha has served his punishment unlike the others. GEJ pardons him. Wahala! Why is there pardon in ur constitution if it is not to be used? Do u pardon Saints or sinners? So what's the probs?
Everyone did not get upset. It is the same few but noisy haters that are going crazy. I dont particularly support the decision of the Council of State to grant pardon to ex-convicts of corruption related issues but those who took the decision are not kids and they have their reasons too

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Canvasses Ban On Non-african Election Observers / Presidency Denies Knowledge Of Boko Haram, Govs' Talk / The Bias 6 Zones By Goodluck By Musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.