Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv (3097 Views)

Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter / Channels TV Newscaster Caught Kissing Colleague On Live TV (Pics) / 7up 'Oga At The Top' AD : Real Or Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by Stallion84(m): 4:54am On Mar 14, 2013
Now the new line on the block is 'My Oga at the top'. But no one has condemned the distasteful way the channels crew ridiculed a guest on a live tv show. I find these channels cast so unprofessional. As much as I agree that the Civil defence representative messed up in a capital manner, but the unruly way these people handled the situation goes against modern journalism. The point has been obvious that after asking him twice, he couldn't come up with a tangible answer but three people kept repeating the same question over and over again. You should protect the guest as well while remembering that he is not an omniscience.
I watched a live session of a programme in 2006. 'one on one' where the jigawa state governor couldn't give a tangible response to all questions asked but the anchor was professional. He made the point known to us all and protected the interest of his host.
The Civil defence rep might not be the best candidate for his role or the live interview but using the whole scene as a cheap way to attain fame or viewer-ship is not the best. The show was not meant for that, its not Jerry Springer.
I think the NBC should do something about this and avert further occurrence.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by Ladapo(m): 5:04am On Mar 14, 2013
As much as I agree with you that the poor officer might not be the best person to ask such a question, a smart individual would have had a way of shelving the question. He gave the Channels crew the opprtunity to ridicule him....he should have simply said something like....I am sorry, I am not the best person to ask for the website' or 'I really cant tell at the moment as there is an ongoing decision to...you, know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by Stallion84(m): 5:53am On Mar 14, 2013
Thank you Ladapo. He was not smart at all and he evaded the question with the most gullible excuse. But the crew capitalised on that and hammered him severly!

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by VillageBoi(m): 7:26am On Mar 14, 2013
Oh please you lot get over yourselves. They asked him a very simple question... he ridiculed himself with his own hand, not them. Yet you're happy to come here and make supportive noise about an utter buffoon that is in such a position of power? Make una zip this una yeye teeth and stop supporting these illiterate thieves in power.

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by kaptin: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2013
Give me one GOOD reason why he should be protected sir?.(Arnt we past the era of protecting and covering up for lairs and Thieves?). As much as its funny and brings everyone comic relief what we all shouldnt fail to see is that this is actually an ACUTE display of corruption!!. why would someone who dosnt only know his orgs website but cannot construct a simple WEBSITE in his head maintain a senior role in such an organization. Not only did he try to evade the Question by LYING pitifully like a ten year old just caught stealing cookies, he also deemed it ok to put up a sham and fabricate a cover story to evade a simple question.which is the same story with all the big thieves in this country "Steal And Fabricate A Kool Cover Story To Evade Being Caught" Now If You Guys don't see the Corruption in this Case Then maybe we all should start looking to "Our Oga At The Top".

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by ojayz45: 7:37am On Mar 14, 2013
VillageBoi:
Oh please you lot get over yourselves. They asked him a very simple question... he ridiculed himself with his own hand, not them. Yet you're happy to come here and make supportive noise about an utter buffoon that is in such a position of power? Make una zip this una yeye teeth and stop supporting these illiterate thieves in power.
I agree with u,if he can't such a question correctly we shld then check the replies to other questions asked
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by Stallion84(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2013
i quote '1stCitizen: The interviewers are completely immature and unprofessional.

They knew the guy did not know the answer and kept over-flogging the issue. He did not know it, Simple! That's part our failures as a society. I am pretty sure GEJ does not know the address of Nigeria's web portal.

Even after he answered incorrectly, the lady in their midst went further to repeat the wrong answer with sarcasm. Such a bunch of unprofessional idiots.
I have seen many interviews done on BBC, CNN, RT etc where the people being interviewed show some deficiency in knowledge...... they simply move on to the next question. When shall we learn?'
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by Adurangba(f): 7:55am On Mar 14, 2013
you will learn when you stop putting GEJ on every issue. how many website address do you have in your head?

Stallion84: i quote '1stCitizen: The interviewers are completely immature and unprofessional.

They knew the guy did not know the answer and kept over-flogging the issue. He did not know it, Simple! That's part our failures as a society. I am pretty sure GEJ does not know the address of Nigeria's web portal.

Even after he answered incorrectly, the lady in their midst went further to repeat the wrong answer with sarcasm. Such a bunch of unprofessional idiots.
I have seen many interviews done on BBC, CNN, RT etc where the people being interviewed show some deficiency in knowledge...... they simply move on to the next question. When shall we learn?'
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by VillageBoi(m): 8:16am On Mar 14, 2013
Stallion84: i quote '1stCitizen: The interviewers are completely immature and unprofessional.

Seriously, not even a joke but what off-point stuff are you talking here? Have you even watched the interview? They were NOT unprofessional in any way, shape or form. Then you start saying "Eh but look CNN, look BBC". Which rock are you living under that you have not seen foreign media stations giving their politicians pure thunder, fire and brimstone in interviews, even live on air they are ready to make them cry. Google Sarah Palin and you will see how they baltantly insult her dumb honky a$$.
If you are in a public office and you fumble to ANY level when you are supposed to be serving the people then Amadioha scatter your whole family. That brainless f*ckwit & our leaders have no darn excuse.

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by Ladapo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
I am not making a case for the guy o, infact, my point is...he is not a smart government official as much as the head of the government himself. Infact, as dumb as GEJ is, he was able to at least get Amanpour not to ridicule him as much.
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by Nobody: 3:17am On Mar 15, 2013
Stallion84: Now the new line on the block is 'My Oga at the top'. But no one has condemned the distasteful way the channels crew ridiculed a guest on a live tv show. I find these channels cast so unprofessional. As much as I agree that the Civil defence representative messed up in a capital manner, but the unruly way these people handled the situation goes against modern journalism. The point has been obvious that after asking him twice, he couldn't come up with a tangible answer but three people kept repeating the same question over and over again. You should protect the guest as well while remembering that he is not an omniscience.
I watched a live session of a programme in 2006. 'one on one' where the jigawa state governor couldn't give a tangible response to all questions asked but the anchor was professional. He made the point known to us all and protected the interest of his host.
The Civil defence rep might not be the best candidate for his role or the live interview but using the whole scene as a cheap way to attain fame or viewer-ship is not the best. The show was not meant for that, its not Jerry Springer.
I think the NBC should do something about this and avert further occurrence.
Gbam, my thoughts exactly.
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by tpia5: 3:23am On Mar 15, 2013
seems the organization in question (ndcnd or something) has been targetted by scammers using fake websites, and the management has been trying to clear up the mess.

i assume the interviewers and tv station were aware of this, so why exactly were they trying to make the man uncomfortable, are they working for/with the scammers?

they should be investigated.
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by Mucokey(m): 3:53am On Mar 15, 2013
tpia@:
seems the organization in question (ndcnd or something) has been targetted by scammers using fake websites, and the management has been trying to clear up the mess.

i assume the interviewers and tv station were aware of this, so why exactly were they trying to make the man uncomfortable, are they working for/with the scammers?

In other word , the essence of this interview was to bring to the public view the MAIN website of this NSCDC so as to avail the masses the opportunity of coming to terms with the real website so as to protect the desperate job seekers from falling prey to the fraudsters lurking behind the online recruitment fraud
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by chiezimah(m): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
What do u mean by modern journalism? A man is invited to come on on air bearing in mind the employement scam going on in the country and was asked to give his organization's website and he is unable to do dat and u claim the journalists capitalised on his what - ignorance or stupidity. You must understand their job (channels) is to ensure that the correct infomation is what the masses are fed with. And considering the position the OGA AT THE TOP MAN occupies in his organization dont u think he should have done better. The fact is MY OGA AT THE TOP has no idea of what the internet/ website is all abt otherwise he would have given something even if it was wrong.
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by fsb(m): 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
What you guys are expressing is self-pity for the man. The questions asked were not out of the ordinary and a well-read gentleman having attained the rank of State Commandant should have done justice to all the questions and more but he displayed what I like to call Unrepentant Incompetence that is typical of public institutions today. Recruitment and promotion exercises have no relationship wit merit but are based on who you know and which part of the country you come from.

Anyway, now only the brave would show up on Channels TV interviews from now on. NTA would never reveal the incompentence since they are ass lickers as the English call it...
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by tayoccu(m): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
tpia@:

Now here's someone who has the same IQ as Mr Obafaiye, equivalent to that of a door knob.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by chocome: 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
tpia@:

if i get you correctly, according to your post above, one of or the main purpose of the interview is to give the public the correct web address since as they said that the NSCDC Web has various 419 web which My Oga at The Top failed. The answer to that question is suppose to be the main aim of the interview
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by chocome: 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
tpia@:

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by usbcable(m): 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
if on;y people watched the full interview.

they would have heard stories of how people were being defrauded with fake NSCDC websites.

They asked him to give specifics on how NSCDC was takling this all he did was re-direct them to a certain committee in Abuja
when asked about what the committee does he said his Oga's in Abuja have a better view of what the committee does.

The interview was about online scam. he was asked a simple question of what the NSCDC website was and he give the 4 minutes viral video most people watched.

Maupe(the channels T.V host) just moved to the next question about Areppo.

The guy just take style dey dodge question ni Jare.

We dont find it hard to hammer a doctor when he makes mistakes or a banker for their errors so why should we shower him a different attitude of treatment for his bleep-ups.

People lost their savings to these scams and all we get is one www.nscdc (cough shrug) dats all.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by noperson: 12:57am On Mar 23, 2013
I totally agree with the person that started this trend. It was really unethical of the presenters of the program to harass the commandant as they did. The Channel's trio were a disgrace to the profession which requires that jornalism should be neutral and only report the facts. The trio were arrogant, cynical and outrightly rude. The commandant is merely a representative of his boss, whoever that is and i believe his bosses should be asking for an apology from the management of the TV station instead of putting the man on suspension. If they wanted good representation, they should have sent the department's PRO as that is what the person's position is for. The commandant is merely a typical representation of what most people in his age bracket would be. The man does not know what the website is because he has no business with it. He should have just simply answered that he would find out and get back to them. The man does not use the website, so there is every possibility that he does not know what it is. If they had asked the man what bank his salary is paid, believe me the man can tell you the answer even in his sleep. The civil service of nigeria is just a place that is full of things like this. The question should be how did the man get to such a position in the first place. He probably rose through ranks and years of service. If he was a graduate, he would have given a smarter answer than what he did. The man was right to say, his oga at the top knows better.
He does not know the employment procedure because he does not have the privilege or right to employ people. This process is done at the headquaters and all the man knows is that people are been posted to his command. The stages the employment goes through is not his department or portfolio. He might influence his candidate to get the position which is what typically happens in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by viruz007(m): 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2013
u lot saying d journalists where unprofessional should park 1 corner. imagine dat man with amanpour... we for no fit talk. unprofessional my foot. u lot r d problem with this country. a state commandant does not know is organization website... please... *spits on floor*

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by Stallion84(m): 10:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
viruz007: u lot saying d journalists where unprofessional should park 1 corner. imagine dat man with amanpour... we for no fit talk. unprofessional my foot. u lot r d problem with this country. a state commandant does not know is organization website... please... *spits on floor*
How many Nigeria Generals knows the website of Nigeria Army? Does that make them less a general? Its a shame when our youths like you jump into conclusion without reasoning and how uninformed you all are.
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by viruz007(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Stallion84:

How many Nigeria Generals knows the website of Nigeria Army? Does that make them less a general? Its a shame when our youths like you jump into conclusion without reasoning and how uninformed you all are.

Nna abeg park well. U don't have anything right to say so please.... undecided
Re: My Oga At The Top. This Is Not Professional Jornalism By Channels Tv by ayusco: 11:38am On Mar 29, 2013
I'm reading some responses and I'm like what?! First of all the media is the public's watch dog they on behalf of all of us question monitor govt activities and civil defence corps happens to be part of govt. Now the background to 'the oga at the top' was that people had been scammed on fake civil defence corps recruitment websites and they wanted the civil defence man to clarify what they are doing to address the matter and also what is their true website to avoid other people getting duped. But his famous answer further blurred the issue and God only knows how many people have also been swindled cos of his dodgy response. Nobody made a fool of the man he succeeded in doing that all by himself. Those of u criticisin Channels are u now saying public officials should not be held accountable to answer questions based on interest of society? Smh

(1) (Reply)

TSTV To Begin Nationwide Sales Of Decoder Next Week With All Stations Intact / TV Presenter Stuns Viewers, Drinks Milk Directly From Woman’s Breast On Live TV / The Most Emotional Movies You've Watched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.