Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! (21779 Views)

Which Of Nigeria Banks Offers Zero COT On Current Account? / Some Unknown Facts About USA Paypal Accounts Be It Personal Or Business Type / GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by MyPeace(f): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2008
UBA, is indeed the worst bank ever!! I can't imagine UBA charging COT on Savings Accounts!! someone paid in some money into my Uba savings account from the east. l went to my branch to cash the money from 2pm to 5pm couldn't cash it because their server was down. l was advised to go to one of their branches that do Saturday banking since l needed that money latest Monday i.e 25/3/08. To my utmost surprise, l was told that they charged me N5 per each N1000 deposited and will also charge me N5 per each N1000 becuase l was not withdrawing from my branch. On investigation l got to know that UBA charge Savings account depositors N5 on each deposit for any amount up to N50,000.00.

my fellow nairalander, be warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody know how Zenith bank Savings Account works? l want to shift to them.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2008
Oh talk about nigeria's worst bank Uba. I almost starved to death because uba's 'Your financial institution is unavailable' and the next day i got to their bank the atm there was out of service. Later i withdrew using the withdrawal slip and was 52 naira. And when i told the customer relation she simply looked at me and said put it in writting

1 Like

Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Kenosym(m): 9:59am On Mar 27, 2008
UBA is not only the worst Bank in Nigeria, but a terible one. Could you imagine deducting 105 naira for every withdrawal, even from ATM, calling it up coumtry withdrawal. I withdrew 5,000 naira from an ATM at Lagos, though my account was opened at Awka, and 105 was deducted from my account. And apart from that, other charges was taken which the customer care could not even explain why it was deducted and asked me to check next time for the explanation, but who has the time for that, but the time I think I have was to withdraw all the money I have in the account and opened another with another bank.

Could you imagine a bank deducting money from customers account, which their staff could not even explain.

Upcountry withdrawal my ass, why then online banking when you deduct money just the way you please from pple's account and term it whatsoever you so wish to.

Imagine withdrawing about 700,000 thousand naira from a savings account and they charging me about 4,500 naira and comfortably telling me that its for upcountry withdrawal.

But I think I still need to be objective here, does other Banks charge this or is it only UBA that does this?
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by abujabooks(f): 10:11am On Mar 27, 2008
@MyPeace,

UBA are thieves, ole, barawo. I have closed my Non Resident Current Account. Try Access or First Inland Bank.

Here is a list of charges I complied for 4 banks:

DIAMOND ACCOUNT[/color]

No charges for cheque deposit into your naira a/c unless more than N200,000. Charge of 3.50/thousand.

No charge for cheque deposited into the domiciliary account.

No charge for online transfer into another account with Diamond Bank.

Charge for online transfer from Diamond Bank to another Bank.-flat fee of N2000 & 0.01% of the amt to be transferred.

There is 1% COT on any amount to be withdrawned from a Diamond Reach account.

ACCESS ACCOUNT[color=#000099]

No charges attached to our savings account.

Charge N20 when you make online transfer to a third party account from Savings Account.

No charges when you make online transfers to other access accounts from Savings Account.

No charges when cash or cheque deposit is made into your Current account.

Charge N5 on every N1,000 you withdraw from your naira account.

Charged 1% of the amount you are withdrawing if in foreign currency.

No charges when you make transfers into your current account from the UK.

Charged N20 when you make online transfer to a third party account from Current A/C.

No charged when you make online transfers to other access accounts from Current A/C.

No charges for monthly maintenance.

UBA ACCOUNT[b][/b]

Charges on current account include C.O.T which is N5.00 per 1000

Current account - monthly maintenance charge of N105.00.

Do you charge me when I ask Ms Nwadike to transfer money from my account into the UBA Stockbrokers's account? COT N5 per 1000 is taken at the end of the month.

* Charges when cash or cheque deposit is paid into my current account - If it is a clearing chq, NACS charges are taken, it is system imputed, system takes the charges, it is not fixed as this depends on the amount on the cheque.

* Charges when cash or cheque deposit is paid into my savings account - Cheques are not allowed into saving account; but if it must be paid, customer must provide two referees.

* Charges when I withdraw from my current account - COT N5 per 1000 is taken at the end of the month.
* Charges when I deposit cash in my current account - COT N5 per 1000 is taken at the end of the month.

* Charges when I withdraw from my savings account - No charges

* Charges when I make transfers into my current & savings account from the UK -You can make transfers from your UK account to your savings/current account via UBAREMIT. The charges are on the site <http://www.ubaremit.com/> www.ubaremit.com

* Charges when I make online transfer from my current account to a third party account - N200 (On UBADIRECT)

* Charges when I make online transfers to other UBA accounts - N200 per transfers

FIRST INLAND BANK[color=#000099][/color]

No charges for deposits into Domiciliary, Current and Savings Account.

Charges for cash withdrawal over the counter for domiciliary account – 1% flat fee.

Charges for withdrawal from Current Account – N5 per N1000.

No charges for withdrawal from Savings Account.

No charge for Online banking from my account into another of my account in First Inland.

No charge for Online Banking from my account into 3rd party First Inland Bank account.

Charges for Online Banking from my account into 3rd party Non-First Inland Bank account – N250 flat fee and limited to N200,000 per transfer.

1 Like

Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by MyPeace(f): 10:28am On Mar 27, 2008
@Kenosym
l feel you there. l was charged N3,600 for withdrawing N360,000.00.

@Abujabooks

Thanks for this compilation. Pls let me know how Zenith Bank works and can you pay in dividend warrant into Zenith Bank Savings Account?
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by MyPeace(f): 10:50am On Mar 27, 2008
Anyone has first hand experience with Intercontinental Premium Savings Account? (IPSA)
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by zheroes(m): 12:11pm On Mar 27, 2008
MyPeace:

Anyone has first hand experience with Intercontinental Premium Savings Account? (IPSA)

you dont have to pay any fee on your IPSA A/C rather you receive interest, just that at every point in time you must have a minimum of N5000 (5k) balance in your account
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by abujabooks(f): 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2008
@MyPeace,

I don't have an account with Zenith Bank. Sorry.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2008
Oga o !! sad

You guys are really missing out

its time you move over to Guaranty Trust Bank !

i make transfers deposits without any blood sucking charges

They are simply the best ! smiley
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by keypoints: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2008
I never thought that at this stage of enlightenment and economic development, some people could still allow themselves to be swooned of the little they have. There are better banks out there. I strongly recommend GTBank and Zenith Bank. I bank with them.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by thirdi(m): 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2008
FIRSTBANK is the best they even pay me interest on current account
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by charlione(m): 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2008
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by ono(m): 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2008
I don't know about you guys. But here in Portharcourt, I've had the best experince with UBA's ATM. Whenever I go to their Rumukwurushi branch, hardly do I see the machine not working. On the other side of the expressway lies the FBN ATM machine. It's almost always offline and ''can't dispense cash''

As per the COT matter on savings account, I'm going to have to check with my account manager tomorrow if any such things obtains.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by bankyiie(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2008
thirdi:

FIRSTBANK is the best they even pay me interest on current account

Did someone say  FirstBank

scenario 1
I applied for a personal loan of 1m from firstbank, my salary will qualify me for up to 3m so i thot it will be a breeze cos i was more than qualified, also have my salary account there. The lad promised me 2 weeks max, this is week eight and system trouble + incompetence on the part of the bank i still dont have my moni
Scenario 2
cos i thot the loan will drop in 2 weeks i subscribed to private placement of a coy to the tune of 500,000 and dated the chq 4weeks from the date of my loan application so i will have a 2week cushion. the receiving agents have presented the chq, the bank did not have the decency to call me b4 returning the chq and debiting my account with N2100 even though i have been steadily building my balance to N500,000 to accomodate the chq. i resorted to getting an OD from my skye bank account pending when my loan will drop but i did not draw down to avoid paying interest. Can yu believe that the chq hit my account a second tyme and i still was not called and i was debited. Me i have now paid in the balance and i hope they pay when the chq comes in a third tyme else i'm done for.
scenario3
took me almost 4 months to get an ATM card
Need i say more?
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2008
UBA charges na die, learnt that the hard way right from the second month of my NYSC service year. I'm done with them now, only went back two months ago to get a debit/ATM card when i was doing the immigrations passport thing. I'm working with Intercontinental and Zenith now.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by naijafan(m): 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2008
Y'all keep accusing UBA on and on. How about Zenith?

Those upcountry charges are even N200 in Zenith's case. . . that's worse than UBA.

My chequebook was almost exhausted (5 leaflets to go) and i requested for a new one. 3 weeks passed and i had exhausted the other 5 leaflets. I had to pay 1k for a counter-cheque just to withdraw 5k. Imagine that angry. Well, the customer care was gentle and reasoned along with me, but that didnt stop me from getting charged anyway.

As per UBA, there was a time when 650k was paid into my account and i could only withdraw 640k. reason, because I didnt go to my branch. WTF?!

I've concluded that all banks have their troubles. wink
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by nakoks(m): 8:32am On Apr 14, 2008
Zenith bank is ok nd u can actually pay in dividend into it but that will be done on request by the customer in writing.If anyone of u is interested i can give u more gist
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Scopium: 8:41am On Apr 14, 2008
MyPeace:

Please let me know how Zenith Bank works and can you pay in dividend warrant into Zenith Bank Savings Account?

[size=13pt]You can pay dividend warrant into zenith bank savings account. You have to upgrade your savings account to receieve cheques and dividend warrant is a type of cheque. You write them to do it and it's done and your savings account won't be charged like a current account. I did it and I've been paying my dividend warrant into my savings account[/size]
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by muyii12: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2008
on my own part,uba is the worst bank i have ever done business with,their cutomer service is ZERO,I have instructed my business partners to stop paying money in to my uba acc,just try GTB and you will see the difference.their customer care is super,you can withdraw all your money from ur savings acc.if you wish but thats not possible in yba and some other banks,gtb gives you mail alert wen ever there is a transaction in ur acconut,infact i strongly recommend it to every body and most especially students.cheers
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by crisngige(m): 10:25am On Apr 14, 2008
someone had 3500 in his account.by the time he came back the thieves at uba had deducted 2000! talk about a 'joint' account.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 14, 2008
its really outragous,to think they campaign alot for customers and yet treat them badly.
for some time i v been wondering what that N105 is for.now i know moving to another bank is the best option.
thanks guys.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by ShySteady(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2008
Na today una know say UBA[/i] na the bad eggs for Nigerian Banking Sector? I had the premonition that the Bank was going nowhere when they first rumoured the merger with Standard Trust Bank. I was a customer of the latter bank then. As soon as they merged, [i]na so I pack my load run. I think I still have some money there, and I'm just thinking of a good day to go back there to formally close the account I have.

A neighbour of mine, earlier this year, was defrauded by the BANK branch here in Benin. First, they sent a text message to his mobile that N10, 000+ had been deducted from his account. He didn't even know that his uncle had paid about N1,000,000 into his Savings. It was the following day on confirmation, that he learnt it the hard way. I have asked him to go and create a scene at the Bank premises, and lets expose the evil they have brought into the country.

UBA no be like this before, na competition wan make them bad. Bad for them.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by MyPeace(f): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]You can pay dividend warrant into zenith bank savings account. You have to upgrade your savings account to receieve cheques and dividend warrant is a type of cheque. You write them to do it and it's done and your savings account won't be charged like a current account. I did it and I've been paying my dividend warrant into my savings account[/size]

Does it attract additional charges?
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by rasputinn(m): 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2008
cris-ngige:

someone had 3500 in his account.by the time he came back the thieves at uba had deducted 2000! talk about a 'joint' account.

heheheheheheh grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Gettolove(m): 5:34pm On Apr 14, 2008
Enough of uba is this and that,  you can use other banks instead

abi wetin una feel, or keep ur money at home

no vex if you no like wetin i talk undecided
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by ManJaf: 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2008
Right now, the two banks that have satisfied me better than the others are Zenith and Intercontinental. But I guess Oceanic may be good though I have not tried them. It is just their SME support policy and records that gives me that feeling. If I recount my experience with 1st Bank and how they made me lost my admission to the competitive O & Gas Eng course at a foreign university, you will weep for me.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by afrika1(m): 7:22am On Apr 15, 2008
[size=30pt] UBA is a sick bank. They charge on everything. If people start sneezing frequently, they will charge. And their services are lousy, like u are in the minstry, everyone speaking yoruba.

GTB is the only sane bank.[/size]
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by omena555(f): 8:21am On Apr 15, 2008
UBA! that one na bank?? 

i've heard too much complain from my friends and colleagues who bank with them.

if UBA were the  only bank in the world, i tell u, i will dig a hole behind my house and bury my money there  grin
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by Soundmind(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2008
Thank God, i am vindicated.
I did not know UBA have been rude to others as it have been to me.
I applied for a cheque book since Oct 2006. Up till now, i have not seen it.
My salary account is in UBA, do you know that UBA cut N2000 from each staff salary once it is paid in, then they charge on withdrawal, charge COT, charge VAT, charge on others. Infact, the funny thing is that they refused to give me my statement unless i pay. Pls, i do not know if CBN is aware of all these extortion.
That bank should close for goodness sake. Even there customer care staff think that i am over stressing them asking them question about my account. May God have mercy on us.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by omoabike: 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2008
I will advise you start banking with[b] GTB[/b]. You have the opportunity of opening a savings and current account at the same time and you can transfer your money into savings from current without paying any COT and from your savings you withdraw money. At least that is what i have been doing since i have been using them grin As far as I am concerned, I think in terms of their services and charges they are simply the best.
I have banked with practically every bank in Nigeria and I have people who bank with Banks I have not used before. UBA, I think is the worst of them all.They have been charging COT on savings from the days of old Standard Trust Bank. Once the money you are withdrawing/paying in is more than 10K the chare is 5 naira for every one thousand.
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by shawn123: 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2008
From careful study, a summary of these banks

FIRSTINLAND = ARCHAIC AND NETWORK IS DOWN 70% OF TIMES, ENVIRONMENT IS LIKE THE MINISTRIES.

ZENITH = NICE ENVIRONMENT, KNOWN FOR EXPENSIVE CHARGES, WATCH OUT FOR YOUR CASH.

DIAMOND BANK = NICE ATMOSPHERE, CUSTOMER FRIENDLY STAFFS BUT VERY VERY SLOW IN EVERYTHING, WITHDRAWAL, PAYMENENT ETC

UBA = shocked TMBS TOTALLY MESSED BANKING SYSTEM, DONT DESERVED TO BE TALKED ABOUT ON NAIRALAND

SPRING BANK = WILL RATE THEM AS AVERAGE, THOUGH SOME BRANCHES ARE REALLY MESSED UP, SHABBY LOOKING STAFFS

OCEANIC = LOTS OF BRANCHES A PLUS, SLOW OPERATION, TOO MUCH CROWD NO MATTER THE BRANCH, SO EXPECT TO GET FRUSTRATED.

FIDELITY = NEITHER THERE NOR HERE

GURANTY TRUST = EXCELLENT BANKING SYSTEM, PROFESSIONAL STAFFS, NICE ATM SERVICES. I HOPE THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE RISING CUSTOMER BASE.

SKY = GOOD BANK, THOUGH ON THE QUITE SIDE.

FCMB = BANK IS OK, ALTHOUGH THEIR COT IS A BIT FUNNY

AFRIBANK = CRAP

UNION BANK = CRAP

FIRST BANK = CRAP

BANK PHB = BEGINING TO SEE SOME CHANGES IN LOOKS, I HOPE IT AFFECTS THE OPERATIONS grin
Re: UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! by MrDecency: 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2008
Hey,
I'm a UBA staff and i know that at a point in time some illegal charges are being charged on a customer's account due to system erro or staff negligence. i'm sick and tired of it, a lot of complaint have been made and we are tryin our best to get to the root of the matter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Made ₦51 Billion Profit And Gained 4.2 Million New Subscribers In Q1 / Saloon Or Viewing Centre / CBN May Devalue Naira Steeply After 2023 Elections - Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.