Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

We Are Not Ghosts”, Boko Haram Replies President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Ghosts”, Boko Haram Replies President Jonathan (605 Views)

See Challenges About Goodluck Jonathan Fires Back; Replies President Buhari / Obasanjo Replies President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan / NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Ghosts”, Boko Haram Replies President Jonathan by 9jii(m): 9:52am On Mar 14, 2013
A faction of the Boko Haram sect led by
Sheikh Mohammed Abdul’aziz, which has
since declared ceasefire and agreed to
dialogue with government, said on
Wednesday that they are not ghosts as
alledged by President Goodluck Jonathan,
when he visited Borno and Yobe states last
week.
“We have sat with officials of Borno state
government and a delegation of Northern
Governors Forum on peace and
reconciliation headed by Air Vice Marshal
Mukhtar Muhammed (Rtd)”.
The group also said peace process is still on
course and that the group will continue to
talk with government because their people
are suffering.
According to him, “Allah has also sanctioned
dialogue in all human undertakings so we
will pursue it to its logical conclusion, as
such; if there are those who feel left out in
the process, the doors are open let
everybody come as the Borno state
government has shown seriousness and
commitment to the peace process.”
Sheikh Mohammed Abdul’aziz said “The
group is willing to sit with government at
anytime to bring peace to the state and the
country large. “I call on Governor Kashim
Shettima to disregard all those propaganda
aimed at disrupting the peace process as we
are ready and willing to continue to
dialogue with government.”
Speaking on the statement made by leader
of the sect, Abubakar Shakau, that the
group is not ready for dialogue; Sheihk
Mohammed Abdul’aziz said that the person
who appeared in YouTube, as leader of the
sect was an imposter. According to him, the
purported Sheihk Abubakar Shekau who
went further to disclaim him (Sheihk
Abdul’aziz) is not the real Sheihk Shekau.
Sheihk Abdul’aziz said, “the voice is not that
of Sheihk Abubakar Shekau and Sheihk has
never hidden his face, Sheikh’s voice is
heavily Kanuri accented. The man is an
impostor deliberately brought to the front
line by those opposed to the peace process.
We know them and we will disclose their
identity at the appropriate time.
“Let me state categorically that Sheikh
knows me and has confidence in my ability
and is aware and he blessed the peace
process. When I was being sworn in by the
late leader of the group, Sheikh Muhammed
Yusuf, he did so in the presence of Sheikh
Mallam Ibrahim Mubi, Mallam Ibrahim
Agaji, Mallam Sani Kontogora and Babagana
Mulima. So, it is impossible for Sheikh to
say he does not know me while it was he
who promoted me to my present position.”
While calling on all members of the sect to
respect the peace process, lay down their
arms and await further directives, he urged
them to disregard the so called Sheikh
Abubakar Shekau, who appeared on
YouTube , as the Sheikh will certainly make a
statement either in Rajab or Sha’aban
Re: We Are Not Ghosts”, Boko Haram Replies President Jonathan by 9jii(m): 9:53am On Mar 14, 2013
This one sounds serious.
Re: We Are Not Ghosts”, Boko Haram Replies President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 14, 2013
If I were GEJ, I will only grant them amnesty, only if he will provide vivid answers to the following questions; 1. What is their course of killing defenseless people? 2. Who were/are the people that funded/funding them? 3. Why were their attacks targeted at christians alone? 4 Whose idea was it to form the sect? Where do they get their weapons from? 5. How did they manage their recruitment exercise? 6. Since their Koran supports killing of those who killed their fellow being, should he not be killed as well? 7. Why does he thinks they deserve to live? This and many more, if he can answer them, then will they be pardoned. Nonsense.
Re: We Are Not Ghosts”, Boko Haram Replies President Jonathan by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:27am On Mar 14, 2013
Confusion!!!
Re: We Are Not Ghosts”, Boko Haram Replies President Jonathan by Beaf1: 10:34am On Mar 14, 2013
The only thing i discerned from that piece is that these Boko Harem guys are not a single group and very soon they will start facing themselves in battles (if they havent already began). I pray it starts soon so they leave innocent people alone.
Re: We Are Not Ghosts”, Boko Haram Replies President Jonathan by drnoel: 10:38am On Mar 14, 2013
emmysenior: If I were GEJ, I will only grant them amnesty, only if he will provide vivid answers to the following questions; 1. What is their course of killing defenseless people? 2. Who were/are the people that funded/funding them? 3. Why were their attacks targeted at christians alone? 4 Whose idea was it to form the sect? Where do they get their weapons from? 5. How did they manage their recruitment exercise? 6. Since their Koran supports killing of those who killed their fellow being, should he not be killed as well? 7. Why does he thinks they deserve to live? This and many more, if he can answer them, then will they be pardoned. Nonsense.
u 4got a comprehensive list of all their sponsors both in government and outside...

(1) (Reply)

How PDP Used Hatchet Man Behind Phantom APC To Terrorise Atiku, Nnamani / The Lost Generation Of Nigerians - Home(part 1) And Abroad(part 2) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.