Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:20 PM

Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis (9587 Views)

Happy Birthday To Pope Francis...please Drop Your Wishes Here / Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis / An Islamic Response To Pope Benedict Xvi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by vanstanzy(m): 10:32am On Mar 14, 2013
Pope Francis is the first ever from the Americas, an austere Jesuit intellectual who modernized Argentina‘s conservative Catholic church.

Known until Wednesday as Jorge Bergoglio, the 76-year-old is known as a humble man who denied himself the luxuries that previous Buenos Aires cardinals enjoyed. He came close to becoming pope last time, reportedly gaining the second-highest vote total in several rounds of voting before he bowed out of the running in the conclave that elected Pope Benedict XVI.

Groups of supporters waved Argentine flags in St. Peter’s Square as Francis, wearing simple white robes, made his first public appearance as pope.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, good evening,” he said before making a reference to his roots in Latin America, which accounts for about 40 percent of the world’s Roman Catholics.

Bergoglio often rode the bus to work, cooked his own meals and regularly visited the slums that ring Argentina’s capital. He considers social outreach, rather than doctrinal battles, to be the essential business of the church.

Source: http://world.time.com/2013/03/13/francis-is-first-pope-from-the-americas/

Wishing the Newly elected Pope Francis the very best in his new endeavour, and as he leads the entire 1.5 billion

Catholic faithfuls. God Almighty who has exalted him will always fight his, his familys' and the Churchs' battles,

Amen!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 14, 2013
As I congratulate our dear papa Fransesco 1, I pledge loyalty to the vicar of Christ...

2 Likes

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by vicoloni(m): 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congrats to the new pope
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by sagytariusTM1: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2013
OTITO DIRI Y(J)ESU...
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
Let me ask my Oga at the top before I congratulate the new pope...

2 Likes

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by GraceBestowed(f): 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
I heard that he's a super down to earth guy! Good stuff!

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by jentlsoul: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
Is it true that former pope convert to islam but let me ask my oga @ the top first
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by xynerise: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congratulations Pope Francis! Make the church of the apostles stand united with the power of the Holy spirit. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by ikchi: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congrats. I believe is the will of God.

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by NDSMART(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
THE PAPACY..............CONGRATULATIONS noni.......

#proudlychatholic#

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
Thank u Lord for a succesful election. We r indeed grateful

3 Likes

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by hollypagan: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
na waoo
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Philolos: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
Perhaps our Pentecostal leaders can borrow a page or two from the new pope, Francis, on humility. I doubt it. I already hear some of the leaders thinking, hmmm, unless it doesn't mean me giving up my private jet.

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
sagytarius™:
OTITO DIRI Y(J)ESU...
Na ndu ebebe, Amen

2 Likes

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by alfredo4u(m): 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
at last, white smoke come give birth to pope francis. Catholic guys una funny...wat if to say na red smoke, may b if to b nija pope..lol
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Morgan1092(m): 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
Who is a Pope?
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Akpoistson(m): 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
congrate our new pope wishing u d best in d Gods vineyard

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Morgan1092(m): 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by baffylander(m): 4:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
Long Live Pope Francis the 1st......Catholic, and proud!!!

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by obyikye(f): 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congrts to Pope Francis de 1st.
God bless the Pope and the entire christain.

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by AVWENAGHA: 4:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
GraceBestowed: I heard that he's a super down to earth guy! Good stuff!

so?
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by dulphines: 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
Morgan1092: Who is a Pope?

The Pope is the Bishop of Rome and the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church.

4 Likes

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Hoii(m): 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
Long live the pope
Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Arysexy(m): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2013
Long live d POPE! Wish u God's guidance as u work in his vine yard. Ad multos anos! Viva Pope!

2 Likes

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congratulation,I hope he will be good

1 Like

Re: Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis by EDDYIYKE(m): 4:22pm On Mar 14, 2013
I pray he sanitizes d image of the Church and upholds the doctrine of the Catholic Church. Long Live! Pope Francis 1, Long Live!! catholic Church

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christians Beware Of Oprah's New Religion! / Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? / Magic Mushrooms Or Magic Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.