Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? - Music Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? (9578 Views)

Please Help Me Out With Fl Studio 12 Crack Unlock Flregkey Password / Music Producers! How Much Do You Charge? / Fl Studio N Virtual Dj Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by ChynoBEATS: 5:05am On Apr 28, 2015
IniwavesCME:

check online, YouTube vids too,whenever ppl talk about beat production daws they never talk about cubase,its either,logic,reason or fl studio ,even AviCCI uses FL.
cubase doesn't even support drumkits/ sample packs ,it only uses plugins for even drmkits .
I use cubase 5 tho but only for recording, mixing and mastering.

Lolz........ CubasE is easy To use tho ,Even Producer SuperStaR'O uses cubase for his beats.....
It all depends on your patience n your will to learn ......it has its own beat logic........if you dont know it you cant use it
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by ChynoBEATS: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
IniwavesCME:

cubase doesn't even support drumkits/ sample packs ,it only uses plugins for even drmkits .

LoL i use all my drumkits For all the DAW's i hv on my PC
Dude.....it's all about the patience ....the More you use cubase the More you Learn something new...
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by lastchild: 12:49am On May 31, 2015
chachanga:
Reason has a rather steep learning curve as against FL Studio (evidenced by those general types of complaints against Reason and the huge numbers of "self-taught learners" on the FL bandwagon)

but it's all good right?

With good hardware, you should enjoy FL without any latency issues, i didn't have the same experience. (it might be the awesome numbers of packs, VSTs etc i had installed on the rig that time sha)

Clip Splitting works better on FL as against reason

The Piano Roll on FL somehow is easier to get the hang of

a whole lot of stuffs but these guys keep improving and outdoing each other with each new version, shey?

pick ur poison, make gud music, blow big cool!!!
please how do I install packs and VSTs on my FL studio, where can i get them?
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by dicksonadams(m): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2015
lastchild:

Get them at computer village, ikeja of you are in lag or download them from torrent site .

Installation is easy... Just follow the instructions provided.

Refresh your vst library and check the box for the new vst... To enable it
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by lastchild: 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2015
dicksonadams:

Get them at computer village, ikeja of you are in lag or download them from torrent site .

Installation is easy... Just follow the instructions provided.

Refresh your vst library and check the box for the new vst... To enable it
please is it something I can download with blackberry phone and transfer to system?
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by dicksonadams(m): 7:40am On Jun 02, 2015
lastchild:
please is it something I can download with blackberry phone and transfer to system?
Think it better u go to computer village and buy... Just 100 naira or 150 for 1.... And of you should say you wanna download... It would take a long time and data as well as money
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by ChynoBEATS: 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
lastchild:

Uhm Mr .....thats very easy to do in FL

Just instal all your plug-ins in a folder
I mean Everything about it.....in the same folder

Open FL click on OPTIONS.........click on FILE SETTINGS then click on FILE .......
On the "Vst extra search folder"
Click on the Folder icon n search for the vst folder you installed all you Vst's in n click on it..

My own problem is how to use reFx nexus in Reason

:-/

Propellerhead need to propel their heads well cos this thing is hard to do

1 Like

Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by lastchild: 6:27am On Jun 03, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Uhm Mr .....thats very easy to do in FL

Just instal all your plug-ins in a folder
I mean Everything about it.....in the same folder

Open FL click on OPTIONS.........click on FILE SETTINGS then click on FILE .......
On the "Vst extra search folder"
Click on the Folder icon n search for the vst folder you installed all you Vst's in n click on it..

My own problem is how to use reFx nexus in Reason

:-/

Propellerhead need to propel their heads well cos this thing is hard to do
thanks a lot,the info is very useful

As a music producer,is it necessary to use drum machine?
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by ChynoBEATS: 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
lastchild:

As a music producer,is it necessary to use drum machine?

It depends on you ........I'm a fan of drum machines tho but i dont have one .. 2me its cool but still it all depends on you ......
DrumPAD's are rarely used over here....but if you like it I'd advice you buy it.......
......... cheesy
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by lastchild: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

It depends on you ........I'm a fan of drum machines tho but i dont have one .. 2me its cool but still it all depends on you ......
DrumPAD's are rarely used over here....but if you like it I'd advice you buy it.......
......... cheesy
thanks a lot,which daw do you think is the best?
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by dicksonadams(m): 10:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
There are only tow daw in the world... FL Studio and others... And honestly Studio is the best.... Try out FL Studio 12....

1 Like

Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by ChynoBEATS: 5:56am On Jun 04, 2015
lastchild:
thanks a lot,which daw do you think is the best?

Well this question is highly n heavily debated
But 2me FL studio "12" is, most people would argue about it but youtube can verify my claims
cubase is cool too
Synapse Orion8 is handy too
Pre-sonus StudioOne has had some good Remarks too but I'll recommend FL over all for starters

1 Like

Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by lastchild: 7:04am On Jun 04, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Well this question is highly n heavily debated
But 2me FL studio "12" is, most people would argue about it but youtube can verify my claims
cubase is cool too
Synapse Orion8 is handy too
Pre-sonus StudioOne has had some good Remarks too but I'll recommend FL over all for starters

thanks a lot
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by dicksonadams(m): 7:09am On Jun 04, 2015
FL Studio the best versatile and most intuitive piano roll and most advanced automation of all Daw

1 Like

Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by lastchild: 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
dicksonadams:
FL Studio the best versatile and most intuitive piano roll and most advanced automation of all Daw
but I red somewhere that some big producers like dr dre and co use pro tools,aren't they aware of FL versatility?
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by dicksonadams(m): 2:33am On Jun 05, 2015
Proof
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
IniwavesCME:
am gonna have to disagree on that, cubase is terrible for making beats,av tried it ,its only good for recording mixing and Master ing
check online, YouTube vids too,whenever ppl talk about beat production daws they never talk about cubase,its either,logic,reason or fl studio ,even AviCCI uses FL.
I use cubase 5 tho but only for recording, mixing and mastering.

Hmmmm... Cubase truly doesn't support sample packs but I produce beats with Cubase.

Bouqui's Are You The One, Sojay's B. O. D. Y., Leo Wonder's A Million Mile and Yes I Do were produced by me, all on Cubase 5 so...?

You can integrate FL and Reason and even Hypersonic 2 via Rewire. That way you can enjoy all your favorite DAWs...

Hope I made some sense? smiley
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
lastchild:
but I red somewhere that some big producers like dr dre and co use pro tools,aren't they aware of FL versatility?

They are but Protools has a better audio converter than FL Studio does...

You can do a Google research
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
Truth is,

It's not about the best DAWs or so. An inexperienced producer may not get the best even with the best audio tools.

Work with what works well for you. Don't fight the DAW Wars. There won't be awards given...

I have chosen Cubase as my shield and learning StudioOne alongside... I don't use FL Studio. That's just me... ZacKING
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by lastchild: 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
Zacking:

They are but Protools has a better audio converter than FL Studio does...

You can do a Google research
which means that FL is better in other aspects except audio converter
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by dicksonadams(m): 12:11am On Jun 07, 2015
Would advise you to start with FL Studio... Very very very easy to use.. And load of tutorials on line
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 07, 2015
lastchild:
which means that FL is better in other aspects except audio converter

Still a No.

Sorry...
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2015
There are somethings Reason, Cubase. Protools and others can do that FL would take time to do. Some can't be possible...

One of the very few...

Try using your modulation wheel of your MIDI controller on your FL project...

See?

No response...

Try it in the others...

Magic all the way...

I had to abandon FL when I wanted more. FL Studio is good but limited. I'm not a hater. I've got FL 11 beta installed in my studio but I only use it to play and for other FL producers. Cubase gives me all I need.

I make magic with Cubase 5.
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by jtenna: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2015
Helo beat cookers in the house.
I need the help of a very knowledgeable producer. I am a new female producer/singer who just finished music school and am looking for where to do my internship. Pls help me. I nor get money to pay. Just look at it from the point of view that you will be nurturing the first popular female producer wink

@the op. Its not a matter of what u use but ur indept knowledge about it and what u do with it. For me no DAW has it all. They all have their weak and strong point. Most times it is the combination of two DAWs and PLUGINS that mAkes a great song and sometimes just one can do the trick. Depends on u!
Thanks
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by lastchild: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
Zacking:
There are somethings Reason, Cubase. Protools and others can do that FL would take time to do. Some can't be possible...

One of the very few...

See?

No response...

Try it in the others...

Magic all the way...

I had to abandon FL when I wanted more. FL Studio is good but limited. I'm not a hater. I've got FL 11 beta installed in my studio but I only use it to play and for other FL producers. Cubase gives me all I need.

dude you are the first person I've ever heard talking about cubase being great except in voice recording, this shows that you are skillful,kanye west once said that great producers are those that make something out of nothing,those that pick what others abandoned and bring it to life,more grease to you elbow

What are the other things cubase can do that FL can't ?

I'm a rapper and now an aspiring producer,there are things I will like to ask you about setting up a studio if you don't mind
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
lastchild:
dude you are the first person I've ever heard talking about cubase being great except in voice recording, this shows that you are skillful,kanye west once said that great producers are those that make something out of nothing,those that pick what others abandoned and bring it to life,more grease to you elbow

I'm a rapper and now an aspiring producer,there are things I will like to ask you about setting up a studio if you don't mind

That would have to be outside this forum...
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
lastchild:

And lest I forget my manners, thanks for the compliment. I appreciate...
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by lastchild: 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
Zacking:

That would have to be outside this forum...
so how do I reach you?
Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by jtenna: 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
jtenna:
Helo beat cookers in the house.
I need the help of a very knowledgeable producer. I am a new female producer/singer who just finished music school and am looking for where to do my internship. Pls help me. I nor get money to pay. Just look at it from the point of view that you will be nurturing the first popular female producer wink

@the op. Its not a matter of what u use but ur indept knowledge about it and what u do with it. For me no DAW has it all. They all have their weak and strong point. Most times it is the combination of two DAWs and PLUGINS that mAkes a great song and sometimes just one can do the trick. Depends on u!
Thanks
Make una answer me nua. I humble oooo

1 Like

Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2015
lastchild:
so how do I reach you?

BBM 7F6501DD

Re: For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? by ChynoBEATS: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
Zacking:

One of the very few...

See?

No response...

Try it in the others...

Magic all the way...

Cubase 5 is cool tho cheesy ...... Make's a treeFull of sense ...........

Even producer Grant N SUPERSTAR.O knows how coooooool Cubase is

All thanks to YAMAHA

Without yamaha .....steinberg wouldnt have gone this far.........

I just cant wait for the day I'll purchase Cubase7 or 8

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Want Your Musical Video To Be Played On Mtv Base, Sound City, And Nigizim / Foregt Alaba And Start Marketing Your Music On Your Own Today! / Are You Planning To Organize Or Host An Event That Will Last In Your Memory For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.