Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

My One True Love (part 2) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My One True Love (part 2) (1573 Views)

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) / My One True Love 3: The Final Stretch / My One True Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My One True Love (part 2) by Iyandasdiary(m): 10:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
Hello I told you I will be back pretty soon. I just couldn’t sleep so I decided to come back and continue my story o. I actually came across this postcard which took the words out of my mouth again.

I honestly lost a diamond while I was busy collecting stones. Life sure has a way of dealing with us, doesn’t it?

WOW! Where was I? Well going back to when I went to see Joy the next day at the hospital. I was so happy when I saw her again. Although looking frail and tired, I went straight to her bedside and gave her a warm hug and a hot passionate kiss. I couldn’t be bothered although the nurses that stared at us and made saucy remarks.

She was glad to see me again, she said she wasn’t sure I was going to come back to see her. I looked right into her eyes and with a big smile on my face I said “I will always be here for u, always”. She smiled and with a big grin on her face, the 3 letter words followed again .I LOVE YOU!

All I could do was smile and showered her with more kisses so I wouldn’t have to say the same thing. I knew she wanted to hear it and needed me to say it just to give her that assurance that I was her man and that I truly loved her.

Gosh my heart was pounding heavily and I was sweating as if I was about to be slaughtered .My mind and every part of my body was screaming “I LOVE YOU TOO”, but I just couldn’t get my lips to say it.

While I kept her company, her mum walked right in the middle of our “cozy cozy things” ….gosh not what you people are thinking o. I was just helping massage her back with a pain relieving ointment. Thank God she didn’t walk in when I was rubbing the chest. LOL.

Her mum was very nice, sweet and I could tell where Joy got her beauty from. Anyways we got talking and chatted about regular things and she asked me to speak to my “cutie pie” not to stress herself…..Awwwww! Gosh! I just went cold turkey, if only this lovely lady had known that I was “THE STRESS”, only Gods knows what would have happened.

As we chatted, Joy asked about her dad was and her mum answered casually, “Your dad should be here any minute from now”. I must have jumped up from my sit! Her mum smiled and said it was fine that I should stay .Yeah right, “I wasn’t even ready to meet you mama”, talk less of “Voltron” who I heard was a very strict man.

I quickly bid My Joy and her mum goodbye and told Joy that I would be back later in the day to see her.

I set out into the afternoon thinking of this beautiful gal alone on her sick bed and I kept telling myself that I had never felt like this before and it was special. I just decided to drive around and clear my head and before I could say Jack Robinson, lo and behold was a beautiful gal strolling casually towards my direction .I slowed down and parked beside her. Why? Why? Why? I asked myself, Devil is at it again! … Well isn’t that who we all blame when we do silly things?

Well, just stopped beside the gal and offered to drop her off, didn’t care where she was going at that point in time .I just wanted to prove to myself that I was the same old naughty bad boy Iynada and wasn’t going to be tied down in any relationship.

Well, the afternoon when so fast with my new catch, and once in a while I had this little thing called conscience pricking my mind but I could care less until I saw her later that evening.

She was in a much better shape and so excited to see me but I tried to avoid eye contact, knowing I had been up to no good, still, she was all over me. “Tell me about your day, Kolawole mi”, which was what she called me .I just came up with stories about how busy I had been in class and all.

Well, she was discharged and gosh our relationship kicked up big time, but here I was, still in denial because my friends had started teasing me that I finally had a “gf” but were surprised I didn’t go for one of the hottest, baddest gals on campus so I just kept our relationship on the low, but tried to act normal when out there grooving and what not.

I was deeply in love, because a day couldn’t go by, without seeing her. I always looked forward to her leaving small love notes on my car’s windshield, just listening to her talk or watch her laugh brought a smile to my face, all the time.

The relationship grew stronger by the day and I loved every minute of it, trying to treat her like the complete lady she was. I did try my best but I was so used to my old ways and before long she was hearing about most of my escapades.

I had been with girls I didn’t even date and oh my God , they drove me crazy , the way they moaned about how I didn’t do one thing or another, most of them just focused on complaining about so many things and they forgot to even show some love.

But Joy was different, she was so mature, mentally strong and even when angry, she had a way of passing on her message across to me that definitely hit me, other than someone shouting and moaning. Don’t get me wrong, she was never a walk over. As I mentioned she was very assertive and a very strong lady, but she did get to me when she had to.

Later on, I couldn’t be bothered about my friends’ opinion although most of them loved and appreciated the kind of person she was .She was very nice and sweet to most of them

But this wasn’t enough, I was just so naughty and believe me, I knew it. I kept cheating on her over and over again. Not that I planned on hurting her but I just felt I was so smart and she would never know what I got up to, but she knew me so well and could tell when I lied and eventually she got me to be honest I told her everything. Yeah right, everything indeed. LOL.

But I remember on one occasion, she collected my room keys and I tried getting a hold of her but I couldn’t as she was nowhere to be found and I couldn’t get into my room as well. I was tired, hungry and I was furious, but by the time I went back to her hostel, here was my Joy, smiling and telling me to just come along with her that she was taking me for a meal, but convinced me that we go back to my place so I could have a change of cloth.

I put my key into the door lock, push it opened and was lost for words, this was one of the most romantic thing anyone had ever done for me: light dimed, the fragrance coming from the room, , candles , and she told me not to put on the lights but just sit down . It was so romantic and well laid out: wine, cake and she made my favourite food. We sat down, she served the food, we ate, drank, danced, played cards. Hmmmmm. You surely know what happens when u play cards with minimal light. LOL. But I guess we never finished the game of cards…

It was my turn to take charge which I believe I did very well .It was slow, passionate and it just felt so right to be there and wouldn’t have asked for anyone else, but I felt her sobbing, not able to make do with why she was sobbing, “was it because she was in pain again, was it tears of joy?” I just didn’t have the answer to it and all I did was kiss her tears. Telling her to stop but begging her to tell me what was wrong with her

After much persuasion, she finally gave in, I could see it wasn’t tears of joy but that of pain which was not because she was in pain but her words confirmed my thoughts. “Kolawole mi”, she buttered out the words again and said “I love you with all my heart” and before she finished saying hers, for the very first time I said it loud and clear “I LOVE YOU and have always loved you”.

Hmmm gosh I was so happy with myself for finally letting go. Her reaction was shocking and her words pierced my heart like a spear, “Kolawole mi, how can you love me so much and also hurt me so much all the time, tell me whatever you want and I will surely do it for you.

No! I was dumbfounded and short of words for the first time in my life! I felt my eyes fill up with tears , trying to keep the stare , I listened to the girl I love so much tell me how bad I hurt her , but doing silly things, cheating on her , being disrespectful and I just stared and even as I write this story can remember exactly how I felt that night.

The hot steamed tears just flowed down my eyes, as I tried to hold back, tried to be a “MAN”, LOL. But gosh, I just couldn’t, I held her so tight and told her how sorry I was and how much I truly loved her and would never do anything to hurt her again. It was a night to remember in my life and will always remember because I knew the value of love and also knew we could hurt people we love so much without even knowing.

Well, things got better by the day and gosh I mean everything, it was totally different when we were together in the privacy of our room, it was magical, passionate and I just couldn’t have enough of this baby gal

Gosh, am sure you are all wondering, how on earth and why I did lose such a diamond. But well, you better keep reading, Lol.

Am so tired right now but I better not stop here because someone joked about me being like a Nigerian movie writer or producer with part 1 , 2 and 3 but I will try to cut it short before I bore you .

At the same time, I was fighting my own demons of getting out or toning down to be a simple focused guy in school and to tried to party less and just have one “gf” or at least not do it to her face, but, it was like going to fight in Iraq without any weapons! It was at this period that girls came from all angles, parties and invitations from clubs doubled in number.

Meanwhile my Joy girl was so focused on her relationship with God and was doing so well: physically, mentally and spiritually and I was more than happy to see her health improve and she was radiating.

Most of the time, she was always in good health but at times, due to the stress from me and anxiety she fell ill and ended up in the hospital. I always tried my best to be there just to pamper and take care of her, but she did more in taking care of me, talking to me about things that mattered to her, sharing her thoughts, hope and aspiration. Getting me to open up about life and so many things, you can imagine.

You won’t even believe that I actually got to meet “Voltron”, her dad. Although he didn’t warm up to me so well initially but I think he knew his daughter was madly in love and I was such a cool guy too. Lol. “Well I just had to chip that in”.

I know people might say I didn’t love her enough, but I am saying it again, I was so much in love with her that I just didn’t want to see her in any form of pain or disobey God because she was doing things I knew she could or had better control than I did back then.

I did try my best to change my ways and maybe I could have tried asking God to help me out instead of thinking I could handle the situation.

Different thoughts crossed my mind, “should I let go of the best thing that has happened to me?” Do I love her enough to let her go so she can be more focused and get closer to God? Should I…?

I had changed a bit and got more and more concerned about her because I knew I needed her in my life and wasn’t going to let go of her. She could see through me and taught me to be honest and so open that we didn’t have to hide things from each other.

… Guys, guess what … I’m becoming a victim of prophecy, the joke about me being a Nigerian movie producer is manifesting already, because at this point I’m really tired and sleepy, but not to worry, the third and final part would come sooner than expected. WATCH OUT FOR PART 3! LOL.

SOURCE : www.iyandasdiary.com

Re: My One True Love (part 2) by natkel1: 9:58am On Mar 16, 2013
Lovely
Re: My One True Love (part 2) by Pryncexronik(f): 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Wat happened,u didnt answer my question ooooo

(1) (Reply)

"An Ode To Garri" (in Praise Of Ikire) / Short Story: All That Glitters... / The Retelling Story Of IGODO By Ifeoma Isabella Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.