Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (16098 Views)

9-Year-Old Homeless Girl Feeds Feaces To Baby Of Lady That Rescued Her / Man Returns From Mortuary After Confirmed Dead (PICTURED) / Man Returns To Children He Abandoned For Eight Years (With Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by DICKtator: 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella: I read the news some weeks back and I was so touched. So honest people still exist out there? Maybe I can renew my faith in humanity.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by favouryemmy: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Popowaa: God bless will him but hope he wont be regretting it soon.

Did u read the article well? Over $175,000 has been raised for him so far.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Odichi(f): 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Saw d topic, curious to know where it happened. Certainly not in Nigeria.
confirm after reading. Some people are honest, status not withstanding.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by 2jideofor(m): 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella: I read the news some weeks back and I was so touched. So honest people still exist out there? Maybe I can renew my faith in humanity.
They still exist, Lady.

That rare character has brought me a lot of miracles in my life...

And like this woman, I also try to show appreciation when I see such people in order to encourage them because we are almost going into extinction
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
I see naffin profound in dis man's attitude, des tins happen almost evryday in our neighbourhood n we just turn d blind eye buh d gesture dat is most inspiring, is the appreciation n gratitude dat is being shown to d homeless man. More ova, sum pple do good wit d intention of receiving prizes n good shown bak to dem. Let's also laud d hands that showed appreciation.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Efemenaxy2(f): 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
konn: if engagement ring cost this amount how much will the wedding ring be?
was it stated that the ring cost d said amount! Why can't one read and assimilate?
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by gabitophils: 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
this atribute is rare in nigeria even among paraded.pastors
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by azpekuliar: 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
God knows my heart oo, I would have returned it too.. grin
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by talktrue1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
[size=14pt]If not that the lady remembered how she lost it and went for it, the man would not have returned it[/size].
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by symbianDON(m): 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
i wonder if atiku, alams, ibori, obas, gej or other such ppl would ve returned the ring ****jus thinking aloud o*****
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by TriggerHappy: 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
konn: if engagement ring cost this amount how much will the wedding ring be?
SIMPLE, ASK OGA AT THE TOP
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by andyolo(m): 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
Its very interesting to note such gesture exists somewhere other than Nigeria. His been innocent has indeed reward him greatly. Am sure if it happened in Niaja? People will call d begger a thief and maybe be jailed for it.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by folahann(m): 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Let me know when a story like this comes out of Nigeria.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by wisestman(m): 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
its very easy to be honest. all u have to do is to put urself in d other person's shoes and the happiness dat follows after the deed is done is satisfying enuf. i kept an ipad for someone that forgot it on d roof of his car once,thank God knew he was d o he was overjoyed and dat was all dt made me glad. lets be honest and d world will b a better place.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Addietunes(m): 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
NO WAY! d man must have not seen a pawn shop nearby or decided to continue thinking maybe he would see something better. We know how this things go now.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by dammytosh: 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
Honesty pays every where in the world except Nigeria.

I was in Dubai sometimes last year. We bought gold in a gold shop and the man mistakenly packed gold worth some $36,000 worth of gold in our pouch. When we came back, the guys were clapping and we were given wrist watches and cameras.

One of my guys said , if that happens in Nigeria, overzealous police men can even arrest us on our way back that they picked us from our hotels. I was moved to tears when one of the attendants said that he knew we will bring it that not all Nigerians are thieves and rogues.

We were delayed for their millionaire chairman to also give us presidential handshake.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Owoniho(m): 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Try dis in naija & b condmned by al, rejctd by frnds, hatd by ur spouse, disownd by ur siblings & ur folks. Evn d owna wil nt encourage u 2 do same nxt tym. U'l evn regret returnin it, cos u'd bcom a fool 2 al bt in contract...u ar d wisest b4 God! Dt a wrng is bein practisd by evrybdy, does it mke it rite? No. D stndard has 2b strictly adherd 2. It pays 2 b honest& b knwn 4 honesty. Hweva, whn practisin such, do nt compromise ur stnd.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Owoniho(m): 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Try dis in naija & b condmned by al, rejctd by frnds, hatd by ur spouse, disownd by ur siblings & ur folks. Evn d owna wil nt encourage u 2 do same nxt tym. U'l evn regret returnin it, cos u'd bcom a fool 2 al bt in contract...u ar d wisest b4 God! Dt a wrng is bein practisd by evrybdy, does it mke it rite? No. D stndard has 2b strictly adherd 2. It pays 2 b honest& b knwn 4 honesty. Hweva, whn practisin such, do nt compromise ur stnd
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Abrantie: 11:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Quite touching. He deserves a home out of this and looks like he's about to get it.
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Creamz(m): 12:22am On Mar 23, 2013
Honesty pays, but not in Nigeria. I heard a woman returned 500k someone left in her shop to the police only for the police to arrest her saying the money wasn't complete that it was 50k short
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by donsax: 9:10am On Mar 23, 2013
GraceBestowed: I read this story not too long ago, and it, literally, brought tears to my eyes!

It is true, we live in a world where we've had to seek solace in disbelief, and doubting others, so this dude right here deserves what he's getting!

Yes, the news is old, but the moral of the story is timeless!! Plus it's not everyone that watches (or reads) US news regularly.

Every news always brings tears to your eyes everyday...aa sign of weak emotion....what has tears got to do with this? mtcheew
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by Kennykenty(m): 9:23am On Mar 23, 2013
This kind of a thing did not pay in Nigeria, I heard a story of a friend of mine, a hunter by profession, who saw caches of money probably left by armed robber in the bush while hunting. This man took the money to Sagamu police station. Instead of this man to be praise, he was detained .. Pls guess what follow
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by GraceBestowed(f): 9:38am On Mar 23, 2013
donsax:

Every news always brings tears to your eyes everyday...aa sign of weak emotion....what has tears got to do with this? mtcheew

Good morning,

I don't know you from Adam, and you don't know me, please refrain from trying to rile me up, it's not working.

You have been ignored!

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by warrikid(m): 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
albacete: that is what i call INTEGRITY. If na some pple, dem go say God don butter their bread because one pastor guy say dem go buy moto dis month even when they have not sown anything, not even a bloody job to keep body and soul together.
Lmao,dis guy dey crase I swear. Lmfao
Re: Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 by navygrl: 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
Third ring man returned, including a super bowl ring an ex player accidentally gave him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Do Not Respond To Crying Babies But Women Do: Reasons / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? / America's Hypocrisy-Gay & Incest(american Mom, Son In Love Charged With Incest)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.