Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) (26066 Views)

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by BabaGnoni: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
DrummaBoy:
Permit me to add.
...Truth is that biblical truths are not found on the surface; they are found by studious searching.
The reason why deception abound in society is because people love quick fixes; short cut to breakthrough; etc.
Scriptures does not encourage this
https://www.nairaland.com/1825474/it-sin-spend-tithe-month/1#25493011

5 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by An0nimus: 11:06am On Sep 13, 2014
logicboy01:

nope. Being an atheist does not make me more intelligent or moral than a christian/muslim

I am just less likely to have religious baggage cloud my moral/logical judgement

https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christian-chatbox-sticky/511#26259276

3 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ajibam: 9:07am On Oct 10, 2014

Mynd44:

The Christian Religion is one of massive outreaches. Do you think locking yourself in a section where all of you are christians and the only thing you have to do is share Bible passages and fight over whose church is best is what you want or a section of Christians and non-Christians where you are able to preach the good news of Jesus to them and possibly touch lives?

It is that simple.
https://www.nairaland.com/1941780/why-seun-nairaland-biased-towards

3 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2014
Image123:

God is love, beat yourself or something.
thehomer:

I prefer beating up your God.

https://www.nairaland.com/1979476/lets-talk-love/7#1979476.253

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 02, 2014
babyosisi:
To any Christians especially those attending mega churches,look around you,there is a woman somewhere beside you,perhaps a widow struggling to raise up her children and put food on the table and a roof over her head.Those thousands you would have given the pastor that has two Mercedes Benz and two hummers with a mansion and trips to the USA,give it to that woman,I promise you God will honor that benevolence.
the Bible is replete with ministering to the needy,the orphans and the widows and calls it pure religion and undefiled.
How many times has the pastors preached on this?
That is what God requires of us
It is the responsibility of the Church to take care of these ones not foolishly enrich men of God

https://www.nairaland.com/2023534/greater-evil-than-tithe-scam

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
frosbel:
The simple question I have for all my Christian friends is this :

If our African tradition is demonic, evil , inferior and foolish, can you please explain to the house why wickedness and evil has multiplied 1000 times since the advent of Christianity and Islam in Africa ?

Why are people more brutal, wicked, murderous, stupid, corrupt, greedy and q wayward ?

From the stories my dad told me , if our ancestors were allowed to wake up and have a glimpse of these past few generations, they will wail for all eternity and spit on our wickedness. They were people of integrity, contentment, peace, love, kindness and brotherliness before the proliferation of pentecostal churches and mosques.

Now that we have hundreds of thousands of these places of worship and millions of followers we are badder than ever, why

I do not agree with all pre-Christian African tradition , but no one can deny that we had a better life back then. The tongue speaking crazies who bark like dogs and get slain in the spirit ( whatever that means ) have destroyed everything and the boko haram idiots have decimated innocent human life all in the name of the God they will die for.

Now the once blessed land lies in total ruins waiting for redemption by the real God and creator of all mankind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by plaetton: 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
[quote author=musKeeto post=29136258][/quote]
Yes indeed.
It is time we retrace our steps back to Amadioha , Kamalu, and the rest of our African deities.
It is time we kneel and beg our motherland for forgiveness in allowing the filths of the middle east to corrupt our lands and our souls.

It is indeed time we rediscover the underpinning philosophies of our ancestral cultures and traditions, and harmonize them to modern realities.

It is only then that we can rediscover ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by PastorKun(m): 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
plaetton:

Yes indeed.
It is time we retrace our steps back to Amadioha , Kamalu, and the rest of our African deities.
It is time we kneel and beg our motherland for forgiveness in allowing the filths of the middle east to corrupt our lands and our souls.

It is indeed time we rediscover the underpinning philosophies of our ancestral cultures and traditions, and harmonize them to modern realities.

It is only then that we can rediscover ourselves.

Yeah it's time we start carrying out human sac0rifices again, we can start by sacrificing the atheists amongst us. tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by plaetton: 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
PastorKun:

Yeah it's time we start carrying out human sac0rifices again, we can start by sacrificing the atheists amongst us. tongue grin
Every culture practiced human sacrifice at one time or another.

That is why I suggest and insist that we rediscover the philosophical underpinnings of these beliefs, for, if we understand the underpinning philosophies, we cast away the crude and primitive practices.

Note: I am not advocating a return to crude primitive practices, but the underpinning philosophies they live by.

This is what the Europeans, the Chinese, the Japanese, and other progressive peoples have harmonized their philosophies with modern realities.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by An0nimus: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2014
esere826:

What if God exists?
What if God does not exist?

I think those two questions are relevant

Our beliefs cannot change whether God exists or does not
but it can affect how we approach our world and those around us
https://www.nairaland.com/2055387/frosbel-now-atheist/9#29140080

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
What problem did Lucifer bring to this world? Was it Lucifer that sent floods to kill men? Is it Lucifer that collects tithes of paupers? Is it Lucifer that killed his own Son? Stop blaming Lucifer for Yahweh's psychopathic mentality. Discover the Lucifer within yourself. Eat of the tree of knowledge, you rascal.

https://www.nairaland.com/2071155/war-between-son-lucifer-unibenstudent#29390958

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by An0nimus: 12:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
plaetton:

In case you don't also know, catholic priests are sworn to an oath of poverty to live simple austere lives, and do not own poverty, obviously embodiment of the concept of " selfless service "

nlMediator:
^^^

3. I have good friends who are Catholic priests and good friends who are pastors. On average, the catholic priests enjoy a higher quality of life. Nice car. Nice residence. Some change in pocket. And I'm not talking of those who are fairly wealthy, owning a house or investment, as those may be considered an aberration. Nor am I mentioning the bishops that built or maintained palaces for themselves as official residences.

When was the last time you saw a catholic priest jumping a molue?

https://www.nairaland.com/2073914/why-pastors-sell-sermons#29470420

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by An0nimus: 7:51pm On May 19, 2015
Some replies are just flawless.

johnny1980:
Another wrong thought from you. I guess you are very young and yet to experience the world in its real form. I understand that YOU believe religion clogs the wheel of development and your thoughts that religion would turn to a fairy tale in the future is very laughable. You need to just take a sit back and look at history. Even great scientists and progenitors of science like Copenicus and Laplace believed there was an higher being involved in the creation of the world as we see it today. They only differed with classical religion by stating that such higher being stopped interfering after creation and natural laws were allowed to rule. That's actually a religion for some and it's called Deism. Also throughout history religion has always being part of man's life. They always believed in something higher and till the world ceases such would still continue to exist.

Your problem is that we young people or humans tend to always look for scapegoats to heap the blames of an anomaly on. But fact is that the scapegoate here is not Religion but the people who turn religion into what it is not. Over time, man has been always known to look for ways of exploiting things to their advantage. Greed, selfishness has always being the order of the day. It's natural- and most call it survival instincts which is ingrained in our DNAs.

The same education and science you are extolling now is what some people have been using to extort and commit barbaric crimes. Or you have forgotten cases of scientist harvesting body organs from humans to carry out tests in their labs, Nazis taking black people and keeping them in cages to create "super soldiers", recent researches that raise ethical questions like the controversial invitro fertilization of egg using selective DNA strands or is it the various Nuclear weapons developed by scientists which could have wiped off the humans on earth in seconds you want to mention.

Truth most of you don't realise is. Remove religion and something more terrible will replace it immediately. This means, it ain't religion that's the problem but the people practising it.

You will always need religion. All we just need to do is to make it a "moral and emotional check or balance to logical thought". Two very important things science lacks. Humans are emotional beings, science or education is logical. This means that religion has to be kept separate
from our analysis of the physical world.

Achieve that amongst the majority of humans and you would have a better world deviod of such scenarios.

No need to paste links to quotes again. The quotes link themselves. Nice.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2015
Bump for visibility.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 11:28am On Apr 06, 2016
Bump.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 2:16am On Apr 07, 2016
The funny comments have been streaming in lately grin

PastorAIO:

I have no idea whether it's worth arguing against or no, but I do know that it is a load of rubbish. Perhaps if someone found the rubbish vexing then it would be worth his while to argue against it in the hope that you'd stop making the inane shallow argument. Or then again perhaps one may just be arguing against it to while away the time and so it's value is recreational.

KingEbukasBlog:

You are against God

PastorAIO:

Can you make another daft statement that is even stupider than this one? If you can I'll give you a prize.

KingEbukasBlog:

You are against God

PastorAIO:

Are you suggesting that it gets stupider every time you mention it?

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:12am On May 19, 2016
otemanuduno:
I was a worshipper of Jehovah until 31/12/2015, but then I began to reason that it was time to stop being his worshipper because I have benefitted nothing from him from zero till 29th year of my life. And I have been entwined in poverty, earning less than #20k monthly + ridiculous problems in my life which Jehovah would always show me a vision of a woman behind my problem. Now I decided no New Year Eve, no serving all known God in d New Year. Then I said I want the real God. First I deleted all my ideas of the Bible from my head and believed that I have never known anything about any God before. Then I meditated greatly and got the answer.
Just in January, I got jobs of my heart desire worth up to #200k. my problems began to get solved yet I did not go to church (and I have never entered church) this year. The woman Jehovah said was my problem doesn't appear in my dreams anymore and I now determine the type of dream I want through the power of meditation. And Eartum the brother of Jehovah begin to appear to me everyday to reveal the truth to me. That is my testimony.

https://www.nairaland.com/3112687/exactly-how-universe-came-into
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by An0nimus: 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Reyginus:
No. Humanists are simply those who propagate values necessary for healthy human existence. Any idea that promotes the existence of man is humanistic in nature. If in your theism you promote humanity you are a humanist and if in your atheism you abominate humanity you are inhuman.

My problem with most atheists is similar to the problem exhibited by most theists. Because both sides are scared of new revelations that would shatter their worldview they disdain them and tag them demonic and brainwashed thinking. That is, without even making a single attempt to understand it.

A guy opened a thread on the doctrine of UFO's. A revelation he got from the God who he asserts truly owns and created us all. The comments of a every atheist on that thread show that they suffer from same syndrome they accuse the Religionists. None asked how or why. These days Atheists treat Atheism as a faith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by An0nimus: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
naijababe:
The problem that I have with atheists in general is not their lack of belief in God but in the unfortunate view that my choice to be a person of faith in based on nothing less than reason just as their lack of belief is based on same. I respect their choice and expect and demand the same from them. This whole idea that you have a superior reasoning or intellect just because you an atheist is not only arrogant but extremely dangerous.

I am all for trolling and funny memes of which neither side are particularly innocent but by and large, majority of religious folks are peaceful and happily coexist with one another. I guess maybe, atheists using Warri parlance do not want to carry last and are keen on starting their own 'fundamentalist army' as seemingly their unbelief is better than my belief and I need to be saved.

I have had enough of running around in circles abeg!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by An0nimus: 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Questioning one's faith does not make him an atheist . Religious skepticism does not question the existence of God . What Nigerian atheists in their ignorance believe is that by questioning religion , you are questioning the existence of God - this of course is pure nonsense .

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by An0nimus: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ishilove:

...anyone who has truly experienced God and felt the power of the Holy Spirit will not turn around to deny the existence and reality of the one true, Almighty God.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by HappyPagan: 2:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
Pop.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands / Reno Omokri: Monumental Structures In Western Countries Are "Dedicated To Satan" / 'AI Jesus' Talks Dating, Relationships, Morals — Even Offers Video-gaming Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.