Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) (26065 Views)

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 1:09am On Mar 23, 2013
ooman:

shocked shocked

HERE IS YOUR BLUNDER, JUNKY!!!

This is found here: https://www.nairaland.com/1231387/twenty-questions-atheists-struggle-answer#14846240

so now, who is misquoting??
he somehow seem correct. Evolution is a scientific guess.
Anyway lets leave dat for another day.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by ooman(m): 7:57am On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: he somehow seem correct. Evolution is a scientific guess.
Anyway lets leave dat for another day.

Who is talking to you?
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 23, 2013
Kay 17:

1. The heir that spreads his wealth does have a motive and satisfaction thereof. He creates the necessary space to built himself and declare his ingenuity by rebuilding his father's empire.

Same with Buddha, he stripped himself of all articles of materialism to satisfy his spiritual hunger.

Same with God, if God derives some form of satisfaction from Creation, it makes him less independent and less God.

2.If God JUST wants to share himself, and is brimming with so much love and yet as nothing to lavish these jewels on, then God obviously deficient, cos he NEEDS an object to love!
www.nairaland.com/1086592/ultimate-purpose-
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by ooman(m): 8:27am On Mar 23, 2013
hey guy, that is not how to quote. Quote the person in green then put the link!!
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 23, 2013
ooman: hey guy, that is not how to quote. Quote the person in green then put the link!!
I'm always on mobile.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:38am On Mar 23, 2013
ooman:

Who is talking to you?
my dear, it is a public forum and i'm free to air my opinion, i dont need to be "talked to" before i comment.
Peace
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: my dear, it is a public forum and i'm free to air my opinion, i dont need to be "talked to" before i comment.
Peace
He has issues deeper than the love of God
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by ooman(m): 9:06am On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: my dear, it is a public forum and i'm free to air my opinion, i dont need to be "talked to" before i comment.
Peace

sorry wink
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1068073/frosbel-jesus-christ-re-proposition/7#12520595
Uncle Frosb...
tidytim: The Trinity is a Brainwashometer

The trinity is therefore a 'Brainwashometer'. If the victim is prepared to believe that one is three and that a father is his own son and that a son is uncreated, then he is prepared to believe anything at all and so he is fully brainwashed. Once he is in this condition, his logic is removed, his objectivity has gone, he is mentally defenceless, so he or his family can be pumped for money, sex, status, worship, whatever the priest wants.

So by making the trinity doctrine the central doctrine of the Roman Catholic faith, that church was auto selecting brainwashed people. The control freak only wants brainwashed people. He cannot permit free thinkers to enter the congregation, they might see through his little game and liberate his brainwashed victims. It is a pleasure to be able to reveal the truth behind this despicable mind game that the Roman Catholic Church has relied on for 1700 years.

http://www.biblecodeintro.com/intro39.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 24, 2013
Deep Sight:
Let me just add that my prayer for every man who subscribes to the virgin birth myth is that one, day, his own wife or intended wife will present him with such a story, namely, that she is pregnant when he has not touched her, and that an angel appeared to her with that same story as to the pregnancy.

Their reaction, will determine the extent of their "faith".

End of.

www.nairaland.com/1234872/how-jesus-descended-david/1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2013
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
musKeeto:
He has issues deeper than the love of God
hehehe, that is if you consider "the love of God" an "issue".
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
ooman:

sorry wink
u'are most welcome.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: hehehe, that is if you consider "the love of God" an "issue".
wink
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by ooman(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: hehehe, that is if you consider "the love of God" an "issue".

what is the love of God??
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
ooman:

what is the love of God??
this is not a thread for arguement. I have no inclination to engage you here.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
wow talk of humour grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 30, 2013
Error corrected
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:32am On Mar 30, 2013
Reyginus: Our brother, Acidosis quoting a site
https://www.nairaland.com/1240694/40-shocking-terrible-quotes-pope
1. The Pope is God on Earth
2. I (Pope) am in all and above all, so that God
Himself and I, the vicar of God, hath both one
consistory, and I am able to do almost all that God
can do.
3. Again, if prelates of the Church be called of Constantine for gods, I then being above all
prelates, seem by this reason to be above all
gods.
4. "The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on
earth...by divine right the Pope has supreme and
full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock.
5. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire
church, the father and teacher of all Christians.
6. He is the infallible ruler
7. The arbiter of the world
8. The supreme judge of heaven and earth. 8. The judge of all, being judged by no one, God
himself on earth." Quoted in the New York
Catechism.
9. "The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted
that he is not a mere man but as it were God, and
the vicar of God. 10. "The Pope alone is called most holy".
11. "Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple
crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of
hell."
12. "So that if it were possible that the angels
might err in the faith, or might think contrary to the faith, they could be judged and
excommunicated by the Pope.
13. "...the Pope is as it were God on earth, sole
sovereign of the faithful of Christ, chief of kings,
having plenitude of power." Lucius Ferraris, in
"Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica,
Historica", Volume V, article on "Papa, Article II",
titled "Concerning the extent of Papal dignity,
authority, or dominion and infallibility", #1, 5,
13-15, 18, published in Petit Montrouge (Paris) by
J. P. Migne, 1858 edition. 14. "The Pope and God are the same".
15. ^^ ...so he has all power in Heaven and earth."
Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p.
218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous".
16. “...We hold upon this earth the place of God
Almighty..." Pope Leo XIII, in Praeclara Gratulationis Publicae (The Reunion of
Christendom), Encyclical promulgated on June 20,
17. "The Pope cannot make a mistake." Pope
Gregory VII, [/i] (quoted by The Benedictine
Network in a listing of notable items by the various popes throughout history). [/i] http://www.whiterobedmonks.org/ netsor1a.html
18. "The Pope is of great authority and power,
that he is able to modify , declare, or interpret even divine laws.
19. “The Pope’s authority is unlimited,
incalculable; it can strike, as Innocent III says,
wherever sin is; it can punish every one; it
allows no appeal and is itself Sovereign Caprice;
for the Pope carries, according to the expression of Boniface VIII, all rights in the Shrine of his
bosom.
20. As he has now become infallible, he can by
the use of the little word, 'orbi,' (which means
that he turns himself round to the whole Church)
make every rule, every doctrine, every demand, into a certain and incontestable article of Faith.
21. I (Pope) am in all and above all.
22. "We confess that the Pope has power of changing Scripture and of adding to it, and
taking from it according to his will ."
22. "We confess that whatever new thing the
Pope ordains, rather it be in Scriptures or not in Scripture , and whatever he commands is true, divine and salvific" and therefore ought to be
held by Lay People in greater esteem than the
living God.
23. "He who does not enter by the door of the
fold shall not have salvation. The door of the fold
is the Catholic Church and union with the Head who represents Jesus Christ. "St. Frances Xavier
Cabrini, "Travels", Chicago: 1944...
24. "No man...outside the faith of the Church and
obedience to the Roman Pontiff can finally be
saved. "Pope Clement VI, Epistle of September 29,
1351 25. "It is error to believe that, if the Pope were a
reprobate and an evil man and consequently a
member of the devil, he has no power over the
faithful".
now am a bit surprised where he got a number of those quotes.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 30, 2013
Hello Rey,

Thought this thread is for great quotes and not great lies. The bit I read about the pope are basically misconceptions and lies spread by those who know next to nothing about the Church.

If this is a thread for great quotes, I will advice that we stick to it, rather than derail it with whatever we can find on the internet.

#It bothers me that I, a former pagan, knows more about the church than those who claim to know the Catholic church.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 30, 2013
striktlymi: Hello Rey,

Thought this thread is for great quotes and not great lies. The bit I read about the pope are basically misconceptions and lies spread by those who know next to nothing about the Church.

If this is a thread for great quotes, I will advice that we stick to it, rather than derail it with whatever we can find on the internet.

#It bothers me that I, a former pagan, knows more about the church than those who claim to know the Catholic church.
Strikly, I get the drift. Thank you. This is the last from an outside source.
But let me correct an impression. That a quote is a lie does not take anything away from its greatness.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 30, 2013
Reyginus: Strikly, I get the drift. Thank you. This is the last from an outside source.
But let me correct an impression. That a quote is a lie does not take anything away from its greatness.

Well Rey, its different when one is caught in a lie e.g the "Oga at the top" thingy was a great quote while it lasted but bringing lies from the internet which has nothing to do with quoting someone is completely different.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:41am On Mar 30, 2013
Reyginus: Strikly, I get the drift. Thank you. This is the last from an outside source.
did you write the bolded or did one of the moderator mistakenly modify ur post?
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 30, 2013
striktlymi:

Well Rey, its different when one is caught in a lie e.g the "Oga at the top" thingy was a great quote while it lasted but bringing lies from the internet which has nothing to do with quoting someone is completely different.
Okay. I would have loved to make my position clear, but for the sake of the thread.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2013
Ubenedictus: did you write the bolded or did one of the moderator mistakenly modify ur post?
I don't want to start an argument here. Do a homework on the usefulness of morality on greatness.
Better still, create a thread.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by vedaxcool(m): 11:56am On Mar 30, 2013
striktlymi: Hello Rey,

Thought this thread is for great quotes and not great lies.
The bit I read about the pope are basically misconceptions and lies spread by those who know next to nothing about the Church.

Lol! Greatest quote in the thread so far!

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:44am On Apr 01, 2013
Oga Frosb again..
https://www.nairaland.com/1239719/questions-frosbel-tithing/2#15006766

frosbel: Tithing is wrong from all perspectives and is a doctrine of demons. Enough bible verses have been quoted to debunk this myth and source of greed, scams and outright 419. As far as we breath , we will fight to free the brethren from this mockery of our salvation.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:22am On Apr 01, 2013
Reyginus: I don't want to start an argument here. Do a homework on the usefulness of morality on greatness.
Better still, create a thread.
No no no! I see your point! Hitler murdered jews plenty, it was a great fit! Greatness has nothing to do with morality.
Thanks for reminding me!
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: No no no! I see your point! Hitler murdered jews plenty, it was a great fit! Greatness has nothing to do with morality.
Thanks for reminding me!
You know better what you have in mind.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2013
Reyginus: You know better what you have in mind.
?
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
Goshen360: ^ The answer to your question is NO, that is NOT fornication.

You will need to show us\me that fornication is sex.ual intercourse between 'unmarried people who are to marry each other'. I have given you the meaning of fornication and it doesn't extend to two people (male & female) who wants to marry themselves, committed to marrying themselves. That's what you're still not getting, you're extending the meaning. And please, feel free to quote me also.
https://www.nairaland.com/1239719/questions-frosbel-tithing/9#15051861
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Nice try. Actually you pre-empted me, the scripture I posted above was exactly what I expected you to state when I asked you to quote where bestiality was stated as a sin but you instead had to open concordance to get it.
See why my question has made you provide a more appropriate answer?

As Frosbel, who took the bull by the horns to advice you to thread carefully before you answer.

We would not be talking about sexual sin/immorality if everyone had sexual relations only with their wife or husband so bestiality, adultery and any other sexual sin will not even come into play. This was what I was waiting for.

However you still did not answer the question I asked and since others are afraid to answer, please answer now so everyone can know their stance as you did not touch on this.

Based on the bible:

'Any unmarried man and woman who consent and decide to have sex with each other since they plan to marry, are they planning to sin by being intimate before the marriage or not'

Do remember your prior answer on other thread to this and carefully answer now without semantics.

Please a yes or no is all I need.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands / Reno Omokri: Monumental Structures In Western Countries Are "Dedicated To Satan" / 'AI Jesus' Talks Dating, Relationships, Morals — Even Offers Video-gaming Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.