Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,499 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? (54834 Views)

Tips On Establishing A Creche And Day Care Center. / Day Care Center / How To Setup A Money-Lending Firm In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by teamman(m): 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2008
Please Nairalanders I need help on how to setup a daycare centre in Nigeria. Will like to know what it will take to start one. Thank you.
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by Obim844(f): 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hi,I own and run a creche/daycare center.Staring a daycare center requires you getting a well ventilated space in a clean environment,have tv or cable depending on the level of chilren and parents you,ll like to attract,the floor might be rugged or tiled,have sleeping beds,cots and foam mats,and lots of indoor and outdoor toys and play equipments.
You can easily go around pretending you are making enquiries,so that you can compare different daycare centers and then decide what you,ll want your own to look like.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by teamman(m): 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2008
Obim844:

Hi,I own and run a creche/daycare center.Staring a daycare center requires you getting a well ventilated space in a clean environment,have tv or cable depending on the level of chilren and parents you,ll like to attract,the floor might be rugged or tiled,have sleeping beds,cots and foam mats,and lots of indoor and outdoor toys and play equipments.
You can easily go around pretending you are making enquiries,so that you can compare different daycare centers and then decide what you,ll want your own to look like.
. thanks for the advice. wouldnt mind sharing more insight with you on this subject
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by Obim844(f): 1:12pm On Apr 11, 2008
Hi,what more would you like to know?
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by anusule(m): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2008
you should also have a proper kitchen with a proper chef and assistant.
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by Sisikill: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2008
Depending on what age group you choose to cater to, curriculum is another important aspect.  Some people think of daycare as babysitting on a higher scale, let prospective parents know yours is going to be more than babysitting, that the children will learn something too.

Daycares Centers are so competitive now, you have to set yourself apart from the pack and having a good, solid curriculum can do that for you. In my experience, most people either go for the British Style Curriculum or American Style and some do a combination of both (although I hear doing the combination is harder to implement)

Here's a link that might help you get an idea on curriculum

www.naeyc.org/about/positions/pdf/pscape.pdf+Early+childhood+Curriculum&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us">http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:dPoM6rBEGvAJ:www.naeyc.org/about/positions/pdf/pscape.pdf+Early+childhood+Curriculum&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

Another thing. . .Space, Space, Space. This can not be emphasised enough, especially when dealing with children. Luckily, in Nigeria. . .you have the option of buying land and building to fit.

Good Luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by mamaput(f): 7:13pm On Apr 12, 2008
i love that idea you know,
back in 1987 thats just what i wanted to do.
i had an aunt to use as reference and i wanted to have a nurse as a partner
The plan was ho rent a whole block of flats in an industral but not urban area.
But i came to germany

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by teamman(m): 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2008
thank you nairalanders for your inputs . i still need more of your inputs. However i am a guy but i have a passion for children. Will parents entrust there children to an unmarried guy? Also in Nigeria are there regulations on starting daycare centres? Please let your views flow
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by megastu(m): 4:38pm On Apr 14, 2008
Teamman,

A GUY, UNMARRIED AT THAT, and you are thinking of starting a day care centre, my guy go and think of something else, dont even waste your time and money. People dont even leave their kids with male relatives, not to talk of u, for business. Forget the idea kpata kpata

6 Likes

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by HRhotness(f): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2008
teamman:

thank you nairalanders for your inputs . i still need more of your inputs. However i am a guy but i have a passion for children. Will parents entrust there children to an unmarried guy? Also in Nigeria are there regulations on starting daycare centres? Please let your views flow

it would be tricky, mothers wont hand over their child unless they are absolutely sure its safe.

- go into partnership with a middle aged woman with a lot of experience with children (educational qualification will be a plus)
- she will handle all aspects of the children's care, u can over see finances and office stuff (sorry but its nest that way)
- find a suitable location and decide on what area u want to help children develop in (a creche is the first stage of learning for children outside the home and usually sets the foundation for all they learn - big responsibility).
- provide equipment and materials, learn and play toys, clean beddings and cots for naps, TV with loads of singalong tapes, lots of nappies and baby toiletries. also u have to ensure all surfaces are soft and child protected.
- also a child friendly outside area for running around will be ideal, kids like to go outdoors and its very good for them
- finally u'll need staff, people to chase after the children, ensure they eat, sleep and are clean all the time

my aunt started creche 8 yrs ago and i remember helping her draw up a list of all that had to be done, it has grown into a fully licensed pry sch now.
she managed to get children to say their ABC's and 123s (those that can talk) by the time the yr ran out, parents were so impressed that they insisted she open a nursery and pry sch as well. if u think along those lines, u will succeed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by Rhemagirl(f): 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2008
I appreciate all the comments made on the site cos i am interested in starting a daycare but have no experience.But i did notice that there is something nobody is talking about and that is going for a training onhow to start a creche and not just reading proposals
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by 2marto: 4:55pm On May 02, 2008
hey,

i want to encourage you to go ahead with your plan to set up a the day care, it is a very lucrative buz.I just finished documenting a research work/feasibility report on the subject i carried for a client who want to go into thesame business.I now have a complete business plan/feasibility report that can serve as a guide to anyone interested in the bus.

should you mind, then contact me

martojms@yahoo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by lioness(f): 3:25pm On May 09, 2008
Arent you supposed to have some form of qualification or legal licensing to establish a daycare center
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by banjoclaire: 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
i want to set up my own day care in nigeria and it is relatively easy, from what i gather you dont have to have all the regulations that are in the west but im sure you would have to insure for business incase of accidents and things i am going to speak to a lady that has just moved from the uk and set up her own daycare once i have more info i will post it on here.
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by sp2002(m): 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
i dont have any idea of day care center but with my little experience of my area{ ibeju-lekki lga} of lagos state, the business will sell very well. any way i have 2plots of land in abijo town of lagos/epe exp. way. the land is gazetted and it is about 2 poles away from the exp. way. the land is also situated in the heartbeat of abijo town, direct from the owner. price 7M ASKING. FOR MORE INFO CALL 08137775986
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by omidan21: 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
Pls house my 45 year old mother is really passionate about starting a daycare but have no experience.But am really interested in knowing what training,or certification or license she needs to start this business,.infact i need all necessary information and advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by sanusibola: 7:21am On Jul 16, 2013
Plc I will like to set up a day care center in nigeria lagos. I have idea of taking care of old people in uk for 6yrs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by queenprecy(f): 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
its a good business abt starting up mine
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by ultrazone(m): 5:54am On May 01, 2015
PPO
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by millhouse: 12:44pm On May 06, 2015
yep
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by growmore(m): 12:17am On Aug 12, 2015
Quiet in informing, I perfectly agree with d comments abt a single Guy not fit 4 running a creche,so I wud advise d Guy 2 either invest in a retired female n experience teacher or a experience nurse,cos Educational training especially in educational field is required,but also av d mind of upgrading into a formal sch/ vocational learning centre. Go for the latest toys n computerised playing kits
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by ultrazone(m): 10:04am On Nov 22, 2015
mm
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by mendelsmattress: 10:08am On Oct 31, 2017
Bethelmendels Int'l Limited is Nigeria's number one importer & distributor of Kids Educational/Playground toys ranging from slides, swings, kids playground fence and lots more. All available at affordable Prices, Simply Call/Whatsapp 07085518795, 08033264815., Office Address: 27, Atinuke Olabanji Street, Off Obafemi Awolowo Way, By Balogun Bus/Stop, Ikeja-Lagos. You can also visit www.bethelmendelsartificialgrass.com

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by businessguide: 5:34am On Jul 09, 2018
Visit t www.businessguide.com.ng for a more comprehensive guide.
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by uwadiahercules: 8:25am On Apr 18, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
How to setup a creche or daycare center in Nigeria. This is a very fine thread indeed.
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by joeyreports: 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2019
Do you know you can start your own day care center today?
Re: How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? by konews: 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2021
Get our Daycare Business Plan In Nigeria with 3 Years Financial Analysis
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/daycare-business-plan-in-nigeria-with-3-years-financial-analysis/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Wedding In Kano (photos) / Founder Of Peace Mass Transport Eating At A Road Side Buka.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.