Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student (22115 Views)

Samuel Thompson-Mba, UNN Best Graduating Student In The 45th Convocation / Mariam Abbas: ATBWU Best Graduating Student / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by StOla: 9:42am On Mar 18, 2013
ezedolar: See how yoruba colonize this our brother

Because it's spelt like a name you're familiar with doesn't mean it's the same pronunciation. It's pronounced as Okooooro!
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by StOla: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2013
ifyalways: Okoro from Ondo state undecided
Congrats girl.

Because it's spelt like a name you're familiar with doesn't mean it's the same pronunciation. It's pronounced as Okooooro!
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by StOla: 9:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Blackteeth: Tinuade Okoro? This is what will happen when igbos and yorubas unite.
Igbo sperm + yoruba egg = Genius grin

STOP TRIBALISM

Because it's spelt like a name you're familiar with doesn't mean it's the same pronunciation. It's pronounced as Okooooro, a Yoruba name. Tribalism seem to be the only thing fueling our individual aspirations in Nigeria. Will it stop? Not from what i've seen on Nairaland.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by IleIfe2(m): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2013
Its pronounced Or'kor'raw. not the Nnewi Okoro Olojoro. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Davo93(m): 10:03am On Mar 18, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Its pronounced Or'kor'raw. not the Nnewi Okoro Olojoro. grin grin grin grin grin
lwkm d...hahahahaha
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by isuomo: 10:14am On Mar 18, 2013
Ile-Ife thanks for putting them right, i was astounded at the ignorance exhibited on this thread regarding Tinuade's surname even Yoruba contributors were off the mark smh!!! thanks for letting them know. Kai!!! Her forefathers must have been ironsmiths, they are the ones that bear that type of name.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by UnimkeAk(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2013
seunfly: We are always the best any where we find our selves, if we can stop all this madness and come together as yorubaigbohausa tribe, believe me nothing can stop us and Nigeria will scoop awards as a nation every where in the universe even before God almighty.
But for where? Our selfish leaders and visionless youth of today will not allow that because of temporary benefit and inherent ego massaging.
We have to think seriously each and every one of us wether we want this nation to work or we keep on with this ''i am better than you'' attitude which our leaders impacted to keep us divided so as to rule us.

Us wer come no be igbo, Hausa or Yoruba nko grin
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by rhymz(m): 10:56am On Mar 18, 2013
these Yoruba commentator are cracking me up with needless explanation that causes more suspicion.
Nna eh, small time now I go hear say e get some Yoruba wey dey answer Otula or Enwe. . .lol. . for Yoruba land. See how good success can be everyone wants to associate with it and even define it.
Like say d gal push drugs now, that Okoro for turn Igbo sharp sharp. . . Anyway, like I said, Okoro is strictly Igbo, if any Ijaw person bears that name, it is because they have some Igbo ancestors in their lineage. As for Yorubas wey don turn Okoro. . .lol. . The fact is, if all that explanation were true, it would have reflected in the way it was spelt. I am sure the kid prolly has an eastern ancestor. Yoruba no dey bear Okoro, oko iro or whatever is not thesame with Okoro both in spelling and pronuonciation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by pazienza(m): 11:04am On Mar 18, 2013
Airforce1: See as Ibo people dey form ownership of this blessed lady cuz of the Okoro attached to her name
They better don't kidnap her

Why should we(igbos) try to claim her? Is her achievement greater than that of master ohuabunwa,who did his at a more prestigious john hopkins of all places? Abeg park one side.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Saintp(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2013
Congrats to her. She has made the country proud. Wish we could be having this kind of news.

Very funny things in nairaland. Some people are now claiming that not all okoro's are igbo, infact some yoruba's now bear okoro.

Lets look at another scenerio. Assume she was caught with drugs or committed a crime. Would this same people who are now embracing okoro agree she is not igbo Would they beleive she is a yoruba from ondo

Tribalism is a cancer,shun it.

1 Like

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by mikeapollo: 11:40am On Mar 18, 2013
seunfly: We are always the best any where we find our selves, if we can stop all this madness and come together as yorubaigbohausa tribe, believe me nothing can stop us and Nigeria will scoop awards as a nation every where in the universe even before God almighty.
But for where? Our selfish leaders and visionless youth of today will not allow that because of temporary benefit and inherent ego massaging.
We have to think seriously each and every one of us wether we want this nation to work or we keep on with this ''i am better than you'' attitude which our leaders impacted to keep us divided so as to rule us.

Nigerians can be good, very very good and among the best. Accepted.

But dont say we are always the best anywehre we found ourselves...that is the arrogance that leads us into trouble. We need to learn to be humble and appreciate other people in how we talk about others.
Even the girl that won the prizes is humble in her submissions....that is how to get to the very top and still win the confidence and love of others, including your rivals... and not by talking arrogantly

Why are we not the best in our own country?......that means we are not necessarily the best ''everywhere/anywhere'' we found ourselves!

1 Like

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by JisolaMar(f): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Congrats girl!
Go Tinu! Go Tinu!! Go Tinu!!!
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Davo93(m): 11:44am On Mar 18, 2013
Jisola Mar:
Congrats girl!
Go Tinu! Go Tinu!! Go Tinu!!!
abeg, no fall o,.,lolz

1 Like

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Mortiple(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
rhymz: these Yoruba commentator are cracking me up with needless explanation that causes more suspicion.
Nna eh, small time now I go hear say e get some Yoruba wey dey answer Otula or Enwe. . .lol. . for Yoruba land. See how good success can be everyone wants to associate with it and even define it.
Like say d gal push drugs now, that Okoro for turn Igbo sharp sharp. . . Anyway, like I said, Okoro is strictly Igbo, if any Ijaw person bears that name, it is because they have some Igbo ancestors in their lineage. As for Yorubas wey don turn Okoro. . .lol. . The fact is, if all that explanation were true, it would have reflected in the way it was spelt. I am sure the kid prolly has an eastern ancestor. Yoruba no dey bear Okoro, oko iro or whatever is not thesame with Okoro both in spelling and pronuonciation.

See how OKORO is suddenly becoming a NATIONAL IDENTITY. Hahaha!!! Success indeed has many relations.

I wonder if any YORUBA family would retain OKORO as a surname since some of them sometimes use the word derogatorily whenever they come in contact with anyone from Eastern Nigeria.

I opine that the family might be one of these 'efulefu' Igbos whose parents migrated to places like Okitipupa, Okeigbo, Ile-Oluji, etc where you have high concentration of Igbo people to date. Some have even turned to farmers and hunters. In the 80s, you would be surprised to know you are in Igboland if you visit my hometown during Xmas, when some of our kits and kins speak Okitipupa dialect. Some of them neither understand nor speak Igbo language anyway.

What difference does where Tinuola Okoro comes from make, by the way?
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by rhymz(m): 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
Mortiple:

See how OKORO is suddenly becoming a NATIONAL IDENTITY. Hahaha!!! Success indeed has many relations.

I wonder if any YORUBA family would retain OKORO as a surname since some of them sometimes use the word derogatorily whenever they come in contact with anyone from Eastern Nigeria.

I opine that the family might be one of these 'efulefu' Igbos whose parents migrated to places like Okitipupa, Okeigbo, Ile-Oluji, etc where you have high concentration of Igbo people to date. Some have even turned to farmers and hunters. In the 80s, you would be surprised to know you are in Igboland if you visit my hometown during Xmas, when some of our kits and kins speak Okitipupa dialect. Some of them neither understand nor speak Igbo language anyway.

for real, it aint much of a big deal but na the way every Yoruba person begin claim say Okoro na Yoruba name na im igbos begin wonder na. . . Lol. . seriously, Okoro is so Igbo like Abimbola is to Yoruba. . My Guy Ade, dey call me Okoro if im wan yab me small unto say I like money. . . He has never claimed a Yoruba hybrid of that name, yet he is from Ondo too.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by emmalexabl(m): 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
*556#:

You are daft! In Yoruba Okoro = the bitter one.

All these greedy bastards trying to claim this girl should back off!
if OKORO means the[b] bitter one[/b]then i think you should have that name as your first name because i've not seen anyone as bitter as you are tongue

1 Like

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by MizEmerald(f): 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
My head girl so on point,she's so used to carting away prizes,Feggicolla is proud of u.

1 Like

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by kenksD(f): 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
Whao! they are all exceptionally good in their family (5 children, all girls). I once lived with them during my NYSC in Jos, Plateau state and I must confess that the father (Mother was late then) is a very very accomodating, Cheerful and prayerful man with a very good voice too( yes we sing hymns everyday during night prayers by 10pm). Congratulations Tinuade, congratulations daddy!
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by rhymz(m): 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
kenksD: Whao! they are all exceptionally good in their family (5 children, all girls). I once lived with them during my NYSC in Jos, Plateau state and I must confess that the father (Mother was late then) is a very very accomodating, Cheerful and prayerful man with a very good voice too( yes we sing hymns everyday during night prayers by 10pm). Congratulations Tinuade, congratulations daddy!
lol. . Akuko
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by mercyville: 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
Mortiple:

[quote author=Mortiple post=14810401]

Clean that your lying mouth....
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by MissKudoswrite(f): 9:46am On Jan 27
Wow
This awesome 😍
Congrats to her😍

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare / Law Students Sue ASUU Over Strike, Demand ₦10 Billion Compensation / Makinde To Rename LAUTECH To LAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.