Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked (17348 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2013
While the dust raised by the Federal Government’s removal of the director general of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) Dr Harold Demuren is yet to settle, news filtered into the industry on Saturday night that government had also revoked the Air Operators Certificate of Dana Air.
With the withdrawal of the airlines’ certificate, it has become impossible for the embattled carrier to continue flight operations.
The latest development may not be unconnected with the recommendations of the National Assembly after their investigations on the June 3rd, 2012 crash of an MD 83 aircraft belonging to Dana Air at Iju/Ishaga area of Lagos State which claimed over 163 lives on board the plane and on ground.
Both the House of Representatives and Senate had earlier in the year passed a resolution asking the Federal Government to revoke the operating licence of Dana Air and to remove the Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, among other things, based on the report of the committee on the investigation carried out on the 2012 Dana crash.
while all those called on phone to confirm the story declined, a top official in the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) who spoke on a condition of anonymity confirmed the withdrawal of Dana’s Air Operator Certificate (AOC).

Source:http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/7518-fg-withdraws-dana-air-licence

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by iamswizz(m): 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
Gej for 2015!!! (in my dreams)

Some1 should ban the guy below me for lying that he is first to comment!

14 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
Mr Jona, is doing what he was supposed to have done 6 months ago, anyway no lele, better late than never. Those Indian murderers can now fly their planes back to their country and murder their own people. After all they have more than 1 Billion meats to feed own.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
The Nigerian Aviation Industry. SMH*
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by ozodigboo(m): 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
Thank goodness.
At least, for once, GEJ has done the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by blackmann(m): 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
No matter what they do, it cannot bring back the lives of those people. I lost my mother-in-law on that flight, barely a month after my wedding, and it still burns me in my heart that she did not live to enjoy the fruits of her hard labor. RIP mum.

19 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Osumare2013: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
Life after death...as if this changes anything....I will only be glad if they sack all the executives dat participated in grantin dat plane d license to fly dat fateful day....not only their leader, but all of 'em!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by OgaTheTop2: 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
Long overdue... cool
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by manmustwac(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
up till now they haven't even settled the victims of the crash in agege so i am glad they're being punished
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by ebamma(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
Just a tip for all those air travellers, the next air crash is not going to be dana air, if you like avoid them if u like patronise them

4 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by CHAIRMAN1(m): 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
And basketmouth together with some of his colleagues went about collecting money to do promos for Dana a few weeks back! For a second I'm thinking that ibb was right when he said the youths are not yet ripe to rule Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
Aunty Stella's egunje no reach?
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by majekleo(m): 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
In view of this, I hope more licences are given to willing carriers to boost competition and help in crashing the outrageous cost of air transport.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by gistme24(m): 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
Was DANA AIR found culpable for the crash ? The good thing about this is that other operators will seat up and take extra care. But what happens to the jobs that would be lost ?
I feel a heavy sanction would have been better.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by mrofficial2(m): 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
Not bad.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by gen2briz(m): 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
Osumare2013: nigeria will always be interesting....great news to follow everyday...lemme just relax and start readin pple's comment joor...at least I've reserved dis space...

Make I follow you reserve this space too
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by InvertedHammer: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
vision2050: in your dream

LOL grin grin grin

U guys no dey sleep?
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by momodub: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
nice one
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Buchianom(m): 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
Long overdue, but its still commendable.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by slimfit1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
Nigeria look at plain as if it a car you can just buy at any condition as long as it doesn't have dent on the body. That is the only good thing that this government have done right this year.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by tunapawizzy: 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
GOOD NEWS
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by sluvy4tune(m): 8:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
I wonder why we just can't be sincere in this country even when peoples life is at stake another Dana crash was averted on saturday enroute Abuja , Even the press is silent over the issue...the only saving grace was that the plane almost landing before one of its engine went bad...Kai I pity Nigerians !!!
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by slimfit1(m): 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
CHAIRMAN1: And basketmouth together with some of his colleagues went about collecting money to do promos for Dana a few weeks back! For a second I'm thinking that ibb was right when he said the youths are not yet ripe to rule Nigeria.

Well thanks to him we have deadly youth's flying about that's the inspiration he left behind.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by chucky234(m): 8:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
ozodigboo: Thank goodness.
At least, for once, GEJ has done the right thing.
And is it the right thing if I may ask?
Plane crashes happens everywhere but Nigeria is the only country where operators' licenses are revoked simply because one the aircraft in their fleet crashed,between 2004 and 2011 about 28 plane crashes where recorded in the US but no operator's certificate was revoked rather they investigated the causes of the various crashes and worked on improving them.
If the FG revoked certificate of Dana just because only one of its plane crashed then they should stop those transport companies whose buses waste lives daily on our highways due to reckless driving,faulty buses and inexperience drivers.

27 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Immune1(m): 8:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
Got the mail a couple of hours ago,I'd like to know the rationale behind this move.I felt they got re-certified after meeting certain criteria like new planes etc??Isn't this more like fg going back to their vomit?I just hope everything is sorted out because the last thing Nigeria needs now is fewer airlines and fewer jobs.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by yuzedo: 8:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
Great! Now airfares'll go back up like crazy! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park / Airports: Where Do Seized Items Go To After Check In ? / Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.