Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked (17345 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / London Metropolitan University's Visa-Licence Revoked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by harryem(m): 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
Why taking bak d certificate? Is it tht d committees wr nt settle properlly or wht?
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by holytribe(m): 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
Icecomrade: I was one of the few Nigerians who felt angered by reissuance of operating license to Dana Airline. While full compensations for the victims have not been met. The immediate and remote cause of the crash has not been made known to Nigerians. People must learn to take responsibility for their acts or ommissions. Jona. Thanks for doing the right thing

You should have ask for the reporrt of sosoliso, belview and ADC... Have there been any report on their crash since years past? So guy, revocation will nt solve the matter. Plz say something else
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by OmoTier1(m): 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
If this is true, the FG government is wasting their time seeking any investor to come investing in the aviation industry. I have said it again and again, there is no room for sentiment in the aviation industry!

When Air accident happens, investigations are carried out and corrective action (if any) is put in place. Any individual found wanting is prosecuted accordingly. Revoking the operating license of the Airliner is the most senseless thing to do. Rather, a review of the Airworthiness of the Aircraft of the said Airliner as well as their compliance with the relevant ICAO and Airworthiness Authorities regulation is reviewed and if found to be okay, the Airliner is allowed to continue 'safe' operations.

Has the FG found Dana wanting and culpable in the ill fated crash? If yes, why haven't the FG prosecuted those responsible? Did the NCAA investigation found Dana not to be compliant with their airworthiness regulations? if yes, what was their recommendation and corrective actions?

I fail to see how the revocation of the Operating license of Dana help to improve air safety in Nigeria If I was the owner of Dana, and I am 100% certain that my aircraft are airworthy, I will move my operations to another West Africa nation and create my hub there. Countries like Ivory Coast, Senegal, are looking for investors to come help them set up national carriers, I am sure they would be happy to welcome the likes of the Dana who have an understanding of the business of aviation.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by 4chi: 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
hardbody: I was actually trying to book my flight against Easter trip to the east, now I am scared, I may either go by road, or completely skip this Easter a beg. Which reminds me, I drove to Ojo Alaba today and I realized that all these talk about eko o nibaje is rubbish, I spent a cumulative 6 hours to and from barracks and I regret every minute and hour I spent on that road with near misses by other road users.

....in that case, just bloody stay in the east when you go to your red earth village for Easter.one less tout to worry about.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1: If this is true, the FG government is wasting their time seeking any investor to come investing in the aviation industry. I have said it again and again, there is no room for sentiment in the aviation industry!

When Air accident happens, investigations are carried out and corrective action (if any) is put in place. Any individual found wanting is prosecuted accordingly. Revoking the operating license of the Airliner is the most senseless thing to do. Rather, a review of the Airworthiness of the Aircraft of the said Airliner as well as their compliance with the relevant ICAO and Airworthiness Authorities regulation is reviewed and if found to be okay, the Airliner is allowed to continue 'safe' operations.

Has the FG found Dana wanting and culpable in the ill fated crash? If yes, why haven't the FG prosecuted those responsible? Did the NCAA investigation found Dana not to be compliant with their airworthiness regulations? if yes, what was their recommendation and corrective actions?

I fail to see how the revocation of the Operating license of Dana help to improve air safety in Nigeria If I was the owner of Dana, and I am 100% certain that my aircraft are airworthy, I will move my operations to another West Africa nation and create my hub there. Countries like Ivory Coast, Senegal, are looking for investors to come help them set up national carriers, I am sure they would be happy to welcome the likes of the Dana who have an understanding of the business of aviation.

We do not need Indians running Airlines in our Airspace. It is that simple! They are natural rippers. I hope its clear now, we are launching 4 National Carriers and Airline intervention programme is about to commence, let me let you into the secret. FRESH AIR!

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by nairaman66(m): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2013
So Childish!! Who is next ?? Do the FG think the Aviation Industry is some sort of Role Playing Game?
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by OmoTier1(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: We do not need Indians running Airlines in our Airspace. It is that simple! They are natural rippers. I hope its clear now, we are launching 4 National Carriers and Airline intervention programme is about to commence, let me let you into the secret. FRESH AIR!
Can't see the logic in your reasoning Was Sosoliso, Air Nigeria, Bellview all owned by Indians? is Arik Air owned by Indians? As for the National Carriers, if you have access to the order book of Airbus or Boeing, then go have a look at see if there are still slots for any A320 family, B737 family, A330/340 or B777 family. Else, it means FG is going to purchase 'used' aircraft or will end up paying 1.5times the actual cost to compensate who ever owns the slots the want to take up.

Common sense would tell you that strengthening the likes of Arik Air, Aero who already have a near National Carrier status both in West Africa and on international routes is the best way forward for now. Aircraft is not crayfish to you can go to the market and buy anytime you like.

Beside, since FG have failed woefully to tackle corruption, it will only be a matter of time before the planes they are planning to purchase would end up as spares to the privately owned Airliners..

On the DANA AOC revocation, it is a senseless act that would do the aviation industry no good.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by otokx(m): 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
Our representatives said they do not want DANA in Nigeria again, is that too hard to comprehend?
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by victorD3: 10:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
blackmann: No matter what they do, it cannot bring back the lives of those people. I lost my mother-in-law on that flight, barely a month after my wedding, and it still burns me in my heart that she did not live to enjoy the fruits of her hard labor. RIP mum.

Someone close to me said you brought ill luck to that family tongue
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by sluvy4tune(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
Catlanta: We love sentiments too much in this country. I flew dana airline recently and the flight was FULL, If so many people feel so strongly about grounding the airline why not just boycott flying with them.

No sentiment in dis case my brother, I used dana on d 8th to abuja & came back 10th to lag and dia service was first of its class but take it from me Another Dana Crash was averted on saturday which led to their license been revoke immediately....The media is silent over this issue Dana Is a Dead Trap

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by chucky234(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
thelastPope:

You see where your bigotted hate for GEJ has gotten you? You now go against everything GEJ does no matter how good it is, just to discredit him but in your haste, you shoot yourself in the foot and make a mockery of yourself. You support an evil company that wasted human lives just because you want to make GEJ look bad. You support evil men that kept flying a plane against the complaints of passengers and staff. An airline, that kept managing engines just to make money for its owners without caring about human souls. You along with the Dana management will answer for the blood spilled. You are pathetic.
I wanted to give you a piece of my mind but after seeing your moniker I felt there is no need wasting my time on a mor0n who thinks he the next black pope in Rome,next time you won't escape my hammer.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by emcemayo: 10:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
NIGERIA SHA!!!
- I LOST A SISTER IN DAT FLIGHT
- REVOKING THEIR LICENSE IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM
- THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE JOBLESS AND HUNGRY
- THE BASIC FLIGHT TICKET (economy) IS GOING TO BE SUPER EXPENSIVE ( aero shut down and now dana)
- DANA'S RETURN IN JANUARY CRASHED THE SKY HIGH TICKET PRICE
- AS AN OBSERVER STATED NIGERIANS AND DOUBLE STAND : THE FLIGHT ARE FULLY BOOKED I AM A WITNESS
-IN THE END NO MATTER WHAT FG DOES IT'S NEVER GOING TO BRING OUR LOVED ONES BACK.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by abbeybanks(m): 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Means of their transportation so safety is all what they are concern with. Sanitize the air for our benefit afterwhich land will follow suit so that the masses will be impacted
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by dolphinife: 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Since we love to celebrate mediocrity in dis country, we shall never develop. In a sane country, the govt or NCAA sill not have revoke the license of Dana in the first place. The International Civil Aviation Organisation stipulates dat whenever there is a plane crash, the airline will continue flying and investigations will continue. The MD83 is still widely used in Europe. The AIB is the only agency empower to investigate crashes and not the general assembly. The NCAA has the right to revoke and invoke and not the president or national assembly.
For our small brain, plane crashes do occur everyday all over the owrld. And do the national assembly of those countries revoke the license of the affected airlines?
Do we want to send the employees of Dana to the realm of unemployment?$
Like it or leave it, Dana is still the best airline in Nigeria followed by Aero. If u are a regular travellers, not useless people bragging on Nairaland, u will knw dat Dana's service is second to none and they do observe safety issues with maximum attention.
I hope our youth could shine their eyes and see beyond their nose to knw dat Dana plane crash was cause by
1. Patience Jonathan who on her visit to Lagos, cause the Lagos airport to be shut for other approaching aeroplane
2. Human error on the part of the pilot and the air hostess. Fatigue set in as a result of the numbers of hours the pilot had flown on dat fateful day.
3. The inability of these major airlines to be plying other less notable airports. The pilot shou verte otrad or ir. H. Was shut in lagos.
Concusively, most of those people brandishing Dana as incompetent were once their loyal customers, especially the members of the national assembly, who love seeing those air hostess in their seductive and sexy skimpy dresses.
I hope Nigeria is not derailing

5 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by blackmann(m): 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
victorD3:

Someone close to me said you brought ill luck to that family tongue

If you know how it feels to lose a loved one in such a manner then I will assume you would grow a brain between those your jug-ears and use it for once in your life. But hey, why not when you can hide behind your computer and say what you want. I would have loved to respond to you in kind but i will not disgrace myself and stoop to your level of stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by jmoore(m): 11:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
How many car transport companies got their licenses revoked because of accidents? Road accidents claim more lives than air.

This decision is purely based on sentiments.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by KokoBeware: 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
When they cleared dAna and allowed them to fly after the crash we all complained..
Now they suspended thier license we are still complaining...
Leading 150mil people (nigerians) nor be beans
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Akainzo(m): 11:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
thelastPope:

You see where your bigotted hate for GEJ has gotten you? You now go against everything GEJ does no matter how good it is, just to discredit him but in your haste, you shoot yourself in the foot and make a mockery of yourself. You support an evil company that wasted human lives just because you want to make GEJ look bad. You support evil men that kept flying a plane against the complaints of passengers and staff. An airline, that kept managing engines just to make money for its owners without caring about human souls. You along with the Dana management will answer for the blood spilled. You are pathetic.

Tell me, if God blesses you and you have to go for a business/tourism/pleasure visit to the Paris, would you fly Air France?
If you have to go to the UK, would you fly British Airways?
If you ahve to go to the US, would you fly Delta or Continental?

If your answer to any of the above question is YES, then you are the greatest supporter of evil companies! Have we asked for each of the above airlines to be banned from Nigerian airspace considering that each of these airlines have had more crashes than Dana? They have killed 5 times more people than Dana and yet you and your ignorant ilk aint asking for them to be banned!

And have you asked for the ban or prosecution of the government officials that have kept managing our roads that continue to waste the lives of more Nigerians on the roads than the Dana crash. How many have died from Chisco Transport bus accidents on our roads? Are those companies still in operations?
Or are you saying that lives lost on our roads are less important than those lost in an air crash?

Yes, the loss of lives is regretable, but we also do not need to throw the baby away with the bath water.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by AMvanquish: 12:32am On Mar 18, 2013
gistme24: Was DANA AIR found culpable for the crash ? The good thing about this is that other operators will seat up and take extra care. But what happens to the jobs that would be lost ?
I feel a heavy sanction would have been better.

On point
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by supaeagles(m): 2:12am On Mar 18, 2013
INNO18: Mr Jona, is doing what he was supposed to have done 6 months ago, anyway no lele, better late than never. Those Indian murderers can now fly their planes back to their country and murder their own people. After all they have more than 1 Billion meats to feed own.

And the indians are feeding their poor - subsidized food programs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Distribution_System .... what are we doing for our hungry with all our oil money cry
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by musiwa19: 3:22am On Mar 18, 2013
supaeagles, the owners of dana are nigerian even while they look india.. did you not read their profile.. Like i once said.. northerners crash that plane... because of the satellite pictures.. 100% telling you the truth.

this is why I said remove the airport from the federal and give them to state..

You cant withdraw license, you can only suspend their license till they meet airline requirement.. But I am telling you. northerners crash that plane.. because of the satellite pictures.. it is the third airplane northerners are going to crash.. and you dont want to listen.. till they crash everything..

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by KokoBeware: 4:15am On Mar 18, 2013
musiwa19: supaeagles, the owners of dana are nigerian even while they look india.. did you not read their profile.. Like i once said.. northerners crash that plane... because of the satellite pictures.. 100% telling you the truth.

You cant withdraw license, you can only suspend their license till they meet airline requirement.. But I am telling you. northerners crash that plane.. because of the satellite pictures.. it is the third airplane northerners are going to crash.. and you dont want to listen.. till they crash everything..

Bruvs..whatever it is you are having can i have some please....or introduce me to your supplier

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by bloggernaija: 5:10am On Mar 18, 2013
There is more to this than meet the eye. If the airline has committed any infractions,the government should prosecute.there is little to choose from all the airlines in nigeria any. I think it is a matter of people conniving with politicians to eliminate their competitor. Nothing else.
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by tunde1200(m): 6:15am On Mar 18, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Can't see the logic in your reasoning Was Sosoliso, Air Nigeria, Bellview all owned by Indians? is Arik Air owned by Indians? As for the National Carriers, if you have access to the order book of Airbus or Boeing, then go have a look at see if there are still slots for any A320 family, B737 family, A330/340 or B777 family. Else, it means FG is going to purchase 'used' aircraft or will end up paying 1.5times the actual cost to compensate who ever owns the slots the want to take up.

Common sense would tell you that strengthening the likes of Arik Air, Aero who already have a near National Carrier status both in West Africa and on international routes is the best way forward for now. Aircraft is not crayfish to you can go to the market and buy anytime you like.

Beside, since FG have failed woefully to tackle corruption, it will only be a matter of time before the planes they are planning to purchase would end up as spares to the privately owned Airliners..

On the DANA AOC revocation, it is a senseless act that would do the aviation industry no good.

God blees your knowledge with this info
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Yazmin: 6:49am On Mar 18, 2013
otokx: Our representatives said they do not want DANA in Nigeria again, is that too hard to comprehend?

.....Just like they said they want immunity from prosecution after looting our commonwealth...representative ko flagbearers ni. Abeg park well joor!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Yazmin: 6:52am On Mar 18, 2013
musiwa19: supaeagles, the owners of dana are nigerian even while they look india.. did you not read their profile.. Like i once said.. northerners crash that plane... because of the satellite pictures.. 100% telling you the truth.

Please I have been searching around for that quality 'stuff'....finally I have met som1 hu has a wrap. Help me with some abegi!!!!! Ewu gambia!

1 Like

Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 18, 2013
sluvy4tune: I wonder why we just can't be sincere in this country even when peoples life is at stake another Dana crash was averted on saturday enroute Abuja , Even the press is silent over the issue...the only saving grace was that the plane almost landing before one of its engine went bad...Kai I pity Nigerians !!!
How do we confirm this story of urs? I will like 2 investigate ds myself and call in the media attention
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by brownsug(f): 7:22am On Mar 18, 2013
ebamma: Just a tip for all those air travellers, the next air crash is not going to be dana air, if you like avoid them if u like patronise them

re u expecting anyone again
Re: Dana Air’s Operators Certificate Revoked by StarboyMichael(m): 7:23am On Mar 18, 2013
what is wrong with Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Confiscates Hundreds Of Motorcycles At Berger Okada Park / Airports: Where Do Seized Items Go To After Check In ? / Niger Republic Dumps Nigeria, Opts For Ghana, Cotonou Ports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.