Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) (9481 Views)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by tobechi74: 11:49am On Mar 17, 2013
Having. Observed series of thread createdagainst catholic . I have decided to answer some misunderstanding on the issue.
:-

do CATHOLIC WORSHIP ANOTHER AS GOD ?

No.Only God shud be worshiped

BUT CATHOLICS Bow TO statue.DRAWING,PAINTING,Etc

yes. To reflect on the life and behavior of such person on longer in existence.

Exodus says DONT MAKE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE OR WHAT IS IN HEAVEN.ABOVE THE EARTH OR BELOW THE EARTH. Foot worship Or SERVE THEM

Catholics dont break that command

THeY DO

before such command is broken,there must be three factors

Making of images
bowing to images
worshiping images

all three must be present

THE BIBLE PROHIBIT USE OF IMAGES,

no. God commanded making bronze snake. He is against bowing and worshiping.

IS BOWING NOT THE SAME AS WORSHIPING?

No. Lawyers any before judge and even call them my lord. Children prostate before their parents in western nigeria. Does this mean worship?

No.

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
You are correct bro.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
we are not fools.

What do you call this ?

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
frosbel: we are not fools.

What do you call this ?

praying in front of a statue . Does it means worship? Its a form of adoration, honor. !!! Study more dude.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
Lemme add dis,we have so many doctrines deeply rooted in d catholic faith dat if u nt 1 or even if u once were bt jst nevr got it ryt and u didnt ask d Holy spirit 2instruct u wud neva undrstand.hence d misinformatn and lack of true scriptural knowlegde of d catholic faith.God give us the grace to undrstand.AMEN.
#Diehardromancatholic

inr
gboru: praying in front of a statue . Does it means worship? Its a form of adoration, honor. !!! Study more dude.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 2:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
These catholics take us for fools.....how can people walk up to marys statute,bow down to it and then[b]LIE[/b ] to the world that they aint engaging idolatry............

Can't the catholics leave that dead image alone??.................
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
gboru: praying in front of a statue . Does it means worship? Its a form of adoration, honor. !!! Study more dude.

Smh.........

Why must you guys go to the statute and pray in the first place??.........leave the statutes alone......

Can't you imitate Jesus for once in your lives??........
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
ijawkid:

Smh.........

Why must you guys go to the statute and pray in the first place??.........leave the statutes alone......

Can't you imitate Jesus for once in your lives??........

This is precisely my question.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by raqueal(f): 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
I remember watching pillars of the earth, a movie from a novel by Ken Follet and so much fuss was made over relics. It just looked silly..they,(catholics) want relics, need to have a physical evidence of what they believe in. They aren't satisfied with praying to or through Mary(as they say), but still want to bow before her image.

Take away the images and you've taken away the core of their belief.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by enilove(m): 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
With eyes opened and brains intact, it is still not an idol worshipping to them.

The bible says in Hosea 4:17 "Ephraim is joined to idols:let him alone."

That means,they should stop preaching to him ,because he knew what he was doing.

2Tim 4:3"For d time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,since they have itching ears;

Homosexuality is no sin to the Catholic.
Remember that the devil is knowledgeable and not foolish.He can give you everything praying to a dog even frog,as long as he has the soul of that person, but he cannot give you salvation.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by BukkyDan(f): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
Another thread about Catholics again? Haaaa!
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
Your so called Pentecostal churches print bible, Edit bible to suit their taste na lie?

IF YOU BOW TO YOU KINGS AND QUEENS IN YOUR VILLAGES OR EVEN YOUR PARENTS THAT MEANS YOU WORSHIP THEM simple logic

PRAYING IN FRONT OF A STATUE IS A SIGN OF REMEMBRANCE

BOWING TO A STATUE IS A SIGN OF ADORATION RATHER RESPECT
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by tobechi20(m): 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2013
ijawkid: These catholics take us for fools.....how can people walk up to marys statute,bow down to it and then[b]LIE[/b ] to the world that they aint engaging idolatry............

Can't the catholics leave that dead image alone??.................

i know a protestant girl who lost her mum . Each day, she wakes up, she greets d pics good morning. she would hug the enlarged pics of her mum. She would clean the image removing all the dirts.

No öne dared speak a negative word about her. Insult her late mum, she get angry. She beats you or starts crying if she is in capable of beating you. But her mum was dead. What would you call that?

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by tobechi20(m): 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
raqueal: I remember watching pillars of the earth, a movie from a novel by Ken Follet and so much fuss was made over relics. It just looked silly..they,(catholics) want relics, need to have a physical evidence of what they believe in. They aren't satisfied with praying to or through Mary(as they say), but still want to bow before her image.

Take away the images and you've taken away the core of their belief.
wrong. The image isnt the core of our belief. JESUS CHRIST IS
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
tobechi20: wrong. The image isnt the core of our belief. JESUS CHRIST IS
then why pray to the demonic image known as mary to u guys but really called the queen of heaven,ishtar,isis,semiramis etc?why usea a rosary?why burn incence?was jesus christ like that?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
The truth has to be told, I love the Catholics so much that it's best to come out clean and say the truth.

Catholicism is Pagan and has nothing to do with Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by vanstanzy(m): 3:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
Thank you brother for opening up such a discussion. I too am a Catholic and find it rather amusing sometimes when other denominations claim we worship statues. I found it even very annoying when someone who is supposed to be a fellow Catholic opened his mouth and claimed Catholics worship Mary and her Statue. Just because he sees women rolling on the ground before the Statue. This is totally wrong, because noone is allowed to worship any other than God Himself. But one thing that friend of mine and people around fail to understand, hitherto some Catholics themselves, is that worship is a thing of the mind and noone can tell anothers mind except God.
To the question of Catholics worshipping statues,

Not at all. It's against the Catholic faith to worship anyone or anything but God.

Catholics do honor Mary - because she followed God's will for her. We understand that all Mary can do comes from God and that she has no power on her own. She is a created being and not divine.

Worship comes from the mind, heart and soul of a person - not from some outward action. Those who insist that what Catholics do has to be worship because it looks like it is to them means that person is setting themselves up at the same level of God. Only God knows a person's heart. This is the exact type of judgement Jesus preaches against in Matt. 1:7 and so the person is going directly against Christ's teachings. It also means that they are spreading gossip about someone else that goes against Pro. 19:5 and Ex 20:16.

False worship is placing someone or something above God. That could money, power, our own convenience. That's far more common type of false worship than praying to Mary. Veneration is honoring someone/something but understanding that it is not equal to God and that all the power comes from God. They are very different things.

In my experience, people who have a strong dedication to Mary have an even stronger dedication to God. They may be more comfortable outwardly expressing the honor for Mary/saints which can give people a false impression (especially those who are not familiar with a particular culture). The thing is - if one is really dedicated to Mary or the saints, Mary/saints are going to point the person to God. They are in heaven, perfectly united with God - that's part of what God wants them to do. Whereas if someone is overly dedicated to power, money or themselves - that's not leading anywhere close to God.

Praying to Mary and the saints is about recognizing that ALL believers are part of the Body of Christ. One does not stop being part of the Body of Christ when one goes to heaven - in fact one becomes perfectly united with Christ. The bible teaches that believers are suppose to help and pray for each other - so God isn't going to prevent those in heaven from following Christ's teachings. Understanding that those in heaven can hear and help us isn't giving them powers equal to God - it's understanding that God does His will through His Body (which includes those in heaven).

Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120718044528AAwElPe

I rest my case...
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
Why do Popes pray more to Mary than to GOD , even to the point of asking Mary for protection and not GOD ?

This is simply the worship of the Queen of Heaven under the camouflage of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ask just about any Roman Catholic apologist if Catholics pray to saints or the pictures, medals, statues, etc., that bear their likeness and the answer you are most likely to receive will be a resounding, "No!"

Forget the fact that Catholic Mary is a saint, Queen of Heaven and Earth, Co-Redeemer, Mediatrix, Advocate and Dispenser of God's Grace, she is still a saint. Forget all the countless books, booklets, leaflets and cards that bear words to use when invoking the aid/intervention of some one of the thousands of demigods who make up the pantheon of Catholic saints. Forget the millions of offertory candles burning before the images of Mary, Michael, Anthony of Porras, Judas Thaddeus, and the like. Forget all the sightings of men, women and children kneeling before such an image with heads bowed, hands clasped in prayerful attitude, as they fervently mouth heartfelt pleadings or tender sincere thanks to the spirit of the person the image represents. Catholics do not pray to saints.

Forget the two "miracles" attributed to one of Roman Catholicism's fast-track candidates for sainthood. As reported in today's newspaper, both so-called miracles were the result of prayers to the spirit of the not-so-long- dead candidate.

"PHILADELPHIA – When doctors first diagnosed 1-year-old Amy Wall with incurable nerve deafness several years ago, her parents prayed that their baby might someday learn sign language.

"But Amy's 7-year-old brother, Jack, believed in miracles. He wanted Amy to hear. And he demanded they pray for a cure.

"So the Bucks County, Pa., family prayed to the late Mother Katharine Drexel, a Roman Catholic nun from Philadelphia who devoted her life to the poor. Months later, Amy was not only hearing – but speaking.

"On Thursday, Pope John Paul II declared Amy's cure a miracle, one that clears the way for Mother Drexel to be named a saint of the Catholic Church." (David O'Reilly, Knight-Ridder Newspapers, "Nun's second miracle clears way for sainthood," San Antonio Express-News, January 29, 2000, p. 12B)

Okay, that's the second of the two required miracles. So what was the first miracle attributed to Drexel? Why, it was another deafness cure.

…The Vatican concluded in 1988 that a Bensalem boy, Robert Gutherman, was miraculously cured of deafness in 1974 after his family prayed to Mother Drexel for intercession." (David O'Reilly, Ibid.)

At this point, I do not doubt, at least a few Catholics might stand up to declare that there is nothing wrong in asking someone to pray for you. I could not agree more. At various times throughout every day, I offer intercessory prayers for my family and friends. There certainly is biblical precedent aplenty for intercessory prayer. For example:

Ephesians 6:18-19, "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,"

The difference between intercessory prayer such as the kind I offer (biblical) and Catholic intercessory prayer (non-biblical) has to do with to whom the prayers are offered. When I pray, I pray only to God Almighty for, as a blood-bought child of God, I can go boldly into His presence. And when I do so, my High Priest stands with me.

Hebrews 4:14-16, "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

When a Catholic prays, more likely than not, he will pray to Catholic Mary or the spirit of some other dead person Catholics call saints. In those prayers, they may ask the recipient to intercede for them before the throne of their supreme god, or goddess, as the case may be. More likely, they will ask that spirit to heal them, help them to find something that is lost, freshen a dry cow, etc. Those are prayers to a spirit, not to God, and that does not please the real God, the God of Scripture.

Deuteronomy 18:9-12, "When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee."

Looks to me like the families of Amy and Robert sure prayed to someone other than God. When they prayed they weren't even praying to one of the demigods Catholics call saints. Not much difference between Catholic offering of prayers to the ordinary spirit of dead Katharine Drexel and what we see New Age channelers, gypsy "mediums" or itinerant media faith healers doing. All are invoking powers not of God, despite their claims, and this is is something Almighty God has clearly told us is a no-no.

Need help with your prayers? God knows that all His children have needs, some of which they may not even be aware of. Being a loving and nurturing Father to His children, He provides that help in the form of a divine Intercessor.

Romans 8:26, "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

In other words, every Christian has God the Holy Spirit as his "prayer partner." Seems to me that is about as good as it gets, as far as our needs are concerned. And when we pray for others, we direct those pleadings not to some pale spirit but to Almighty God Himself.

Catholics, please put down your Catechism and pick up your Bible.

[url=http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/rcc2-pray.htm]Source[/url]
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by vanstanzy(m): 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
The truth has got to be told though. As a practicing Catholic and born into a Catholic family, i have to say

*i think* some Catholics get it wrong here cause throwing themselves in front of an image can be

seen by all as Idolatry. But again who can judge? when noone can see anothers mind.

When i appear before a Statue of Christ, i close my eyes and try to visualize on the Person of Christ, cos he's the

One am praying to.

Mods front page please i beg you all. smiley smiley smiley
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by raqueal(f): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
Catholics are deep rooted in their belief and it's justification to the extent that nothing else makes sense.

The rest of the body of christ, commune with God through faith. We don't need to see him, we don't need to hear him before we believe that he sees and hear us! And we sure don't need Mary to ask Jesus, to ask God to answer us. To each his own. I have tested and tried my own belief and I am satisfied. If you catholics can truly say same, then..Shalom.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
vanstanzy: Thank you brother for opening up such a discussion. I too am a Catholic and find it rather amusing sometimes when other denominations claim we worship statues. I found it even very annoying when someone who is supposed to be a fellow Catholic opened his mouth and claimed Catholics worship Mary and her Statue. Just because he sees women rolling on the ground before the Statue. This is totally wrong, because noone is allowed to worship any other than God Himself. But one thing that friend of mine and people around fail to understand, hitherto some Catholics themselves, is that worship is a thing of the mind and noone can tell anothers mind except God.

Not at all. It's against the Catholic faith to worship anyone or anything but God.

Catholics do honor Mary - because she followed God's will for her. We understand that all Mary can do comes from God and that she has no power on her own. She is a created being and not divine.

Worship comes from the mind, heart and soul of a person - not from some outward action. Those who insist that what Catholics do has to be worship because it looks like it is to them means that person is setting themselves up at the same level of God. Only God knows a person's heart. This is the exact type of judgement Jesus preaches against in Matt. 1:7 and so the person is going directly against Christ's teachings. It also means that they are spreading gossip about someone else that goes against Pro. 19:5 and Ex 20:16.

False worship is placing someone or something above God. That could money, power, our own convenience. That's far more common type of false worship than praying to Mary. Veneration is honoring someone/something but understanding that it is not equal to God and that all the power comes from God. They are very different things.

In my experience, people who have a strong dedication to Mary have an even stronger dedication to God. They may be more comfortable outwardly expressing the honor for Mary/saints which can give people a false impression (especially those who are not familiar with a particular culture). The thing is - if one is really dedicated to Mary or the saints, Mary/saints are going to point the person to God. They are in heaven, perfectly united with God - that's part of what God wants them to do. Whereas if someone is overly dedicated to power, money or themselves - that's not leading anywhere close to God.

Praying to Mary and the saints is about recognizing that ALL believers are part of the Body of Christ. One does not stop being part of the Body of Christ when one goes to heaven - in fact one becomes perfectly united with Christ. The bible teaches that believers are suppose to help and pray for each other - so God isn't going to prevent those in heaven from following Christ's teachings. Understanding that those in heaven can hear and help us isn't giving them powers equal to God - it's understanding that God does His will through His Body (which includes those in heaven).

I rest my case...
help me with this
https://www.nairaland.com/1104124/problem-catholism-an-introspection
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
vanstanzy: Thank you brother for opening up such a discussion. I too am a Catholic and find it rather amusing sometimes when other denominations claim we worship statues. I found it even very annoying when someone who is supposed to be a fellow Catholic opened his mouth and claimed Catholics worship Mary and her Statue. Just because he sees women rolling on the ground before the Statue. This is totally wrong, because noone is allowed to worship any other than God Himself. But one thing that friend of mine and people around fail to understand, hitherto some Catholics themselves, is that worship is a thing of the mind and noone can tell anothers mind except God.

I rest my case...
help me with this
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
*Picking ur my bible lyk ah do errday* Romans 8:27 apostle paul 'he who searches our hearts (believers) knws d mind of the spirit,because d spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will...'we pray directly to God as well vry much so bt if sum pple decide to go thru channels lyk d saints and the mother of God as lng as itz in conformity with God's will those prayers would be answerd because God answereth a sincere heart.ok take 4example u wrong ur dad and u apologise to him then u go ahead to cal ur mum and ur siblings and apologise and dey 2 beg on ur behalf.ur fathr had already 4given dat 1stym u bt u jst decided 2take ur mum&sibs along dat dnt mean u cant man up 2ur dad on ur own u jst decided 2go with then.also when we say d rosary we pray d our father and hail mary,both are in d bible.

quote author=frosbel][/quote]
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by vanstanzy(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
Reyginus: help me with this

Very interesting write-up. I am impressed but will not argue with this, cos i'm almost of the same school of tot. I

had also wanted to use the fact that God instructed the Isrealites to make Images as a point in defence. But i see u did

ur homework well. Kudos! Like i always say,"Venerate or Honour the Individual represented by the statue and never the

statue. Worship belongs to non other but God Almighty".
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
tobechi20:

i know a protestant girl who lost her mum . Each day, she wakes up, she greets d pics good morning. she would hug the enlarged pics of her mum. She would clean the image removing all the dirts.

No öne dared speak a negative word about her. Insult her late mum, she get angry. She beats you or starts crying if she is in capable of beating you. But her mum was dead. What would you call that?

I would define her actions as idolatry too.....I would never support any act of idolatry....all forms of idolatry are detestable before Yahweh.........

Hugging and greeting her late mums picture is tantamount to ancestral worship and ofcus idolatry.......

Idolatry is idolatry....let the truth be told....walking up to a fake marys statute and bowing to it is nothing but IDOLATRY.....

I just can't understand why catholics would not grasp this lucid scriptural truth....
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Missonas(f): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
We wud keep arguing back and forth without refusing 2reason.we dnt worship idols,jst lyk d pentecoastals wud say dey dnt see deir pastors as demigods and d muslims wud say Jesus Christ is nt d son of God.so many disparities,dis is exactly wot d devil wants.whatever jst serve d Lord ur God with all your heart and LOVE one another,this we can do without arguements na shey?GOD IS LOVE!!!Peace...

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Boomark(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
vanstanzy: The truth has got to be told though. As a practicing Catholic and born into a Catholic family, i have to say

*i think* some Catholics get it wrong here cause throwing themselves in front of an image can be

seen by all as Idolatry. But again who can judge? when noone can see anothers mind.

When i appear before a Statue of Christ, i close my eyes and try to visualize on the Person of Christ, cos he's the

One am praying to.

Mods front page please i beg you all. smiley smiley smiley

Are all the images you use for your visualization the same? Did Christ appear in different form with different faces? You are connecting yourself to someone who is not Christ.

Al least you know some truth but you need more.
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by tobechi20(m): 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
ijawkid:

I would define her actions as idolatry too.....I would never support any act of idolatry....all forms of idolatry are detestable before Yahweh.........

Hugging and greeting her late mums picture is tantamount to ancestral worship and ofcus idolatry.......

Idolatry is idolatry....let the truth be told....walking up to a fake marys statute and bowing to it is nothing but IDOLATRY.....

I just can't understand why catholics would not grasp this lucid scriptural truth....
you are funny brother.so you call talking ,greeting an image (a non living thin )worship.

Children who sing Rain rain go away Also worship the pain since its not living thing they are singing too.

Have you heard of personification?
Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
Missonas: We wud keep arguing back and forth without refusing 2reason.we dnt worship idols,jst lyk d pentecoastals wud say dey dnt see deir pastors as demigods and d muslims wud say Jesus Christ is nt d son of God.so many disparities,dis is exactly wot d devil wants.whatever jst serve d Lord ur God with all your heart and LOVE one another,this we can do without arguements na shey?GOD IS LOVE!!!Peace...

Catholics pray to dead saints, bow before idols, use a Pagan roasry etc, sprinkle holy water, call a mere man Holy Father and his holiness, blaspheme Christ by dare referring to the Pope as the Vicar of Christ when the Holy Spirit is actually Christ's representative in our lives.

The Catholic church stands for blasphemy after blasphemy and is an abomination to GOD.

But how will you know when Catholics do not read their bibles.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
[size=32pt]ITS FUNNY HOW CATHOLICS (CHRISTIANS) KILLED SO MANY PAGANS AROUND THE WORLD, OVER OUR IDOLATORY AND THEY THEMSELVES INDULGE IN IT![/size]

*filthy hypocrites. .

2 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) by ijawkid(m): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
tobechi20: you are funny brother.so you call talking ,greeting an image (a non living thin )worship.

Children who sing Rain rain go away Also worship the pain since its not living thing they are singing too.

Have you heard of personification?

Why should one be speaking to the image of a dead person??............so you are even in support of the girls act abi??.......now I see!!!!!!........

How can you compare kids singing" rain rain go away"" with a girl that greets and sings to the image of one who is dead....??

Oboy ya comparisons no match and e no make sense at all........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2018 Top 10 Richest Pastors In Edo State / Ash Wednesday: Significance And How To Make Good Use Of It / The Islamic Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.