Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Nigerian Boarding School Experiences - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Boarding School Experiences (27240 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by clemmonce(m): 12:23am On Mar 21, 2013
let me share this one there was this senior in my hostel we cal him senior abubakar the guy is a mallam very huge and mature if u step on this guy's toes it is beta to take a transfer letter to another sch becos if u dnt na die u dey o. he beats people like he wants to kil them our house master sef dey fear the guy. after beatin u anyhow he wil now tel u to sit down he wil giv u gari,milk and sugar sometimes golden morn and tel u to drink. if u come say no say u no drink becos u are angry anoda serious beating again be dat o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 21, 2013
FGGC NEW BUSSA,NIGER STATE A GREAT INSTITUTION,SECOND NAME IS HELL.
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by horlajide: 12:51am On Mar 21, 2013
booqee:
Haha! I remember you guys had ugly girls. anyway it was a common notion among shaggy girls. Maybe it cos they weren't allowed to plait their hair.
we didnt have any ugly gals o jst very few facially impaired gals.lol. I bet the notion came out of jealousy.
You guys'll come and start forming for us!
plz pardon our arrogance,it was probably because we knew demand (we boyz) exceeded supply (you girls).the packaging was necessary.
Daz all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by brigadier747: 6:02am On Mar 21, 2013
Up icy.......umnes unum indomino
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by scobaba: 6:31am On Mar 21, 2013
AG.gal:
I luv boarding sch. I remember d senior students will ask u wich punishment u want wen u come late to d refectory, knock,scala or slap? I preferred scala cos i hate slaps n knocks. (Scala is just lyk slap but instead of ur cheek ur back is recieves d slap). I also remember wen my kid sister mistakenly spent d nite in our laundry cos she was dodging 4rm a senior student. Wen we're taking our siesta a senior wil come arnd n say,if u knw u're sleeping raise ur hand up. If u raise ur hand,ure in trouble,if u dnt raise u're in trouble. We had water cistern n pit toilets. D water cisterns were always clean n optional. Majority preferd d pit toilet,we do wat we call fly over(sheet in a polyethene bag n throw it in). D only meal i always enjoy was sunday mrnin's bread,tea n egg. Friday mrnins were d worst,garri n beans(i always ended up in d toilet). Hmmmm,Our dear college! FGC IKOM

When did u attend ikom pls. I was der between 1995 m 1999.
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Rooneyboy(m): 7:09am On Mar 21, 2013
booqee: so you finish from fgc odogbolu?? Haha! I remember you guys had ugly girls. shocked anyway it was a common notion among shaggy girls. Maybe it cos they weren't allowed to plait their hair. You guys'll come and start forming for us! Oh my gosh....i can't stop laffing

and btw, fgc ijanikin boys were just swagless! angry

Shut uppppppppppp !

U know nothing about FGC Ijanikin cheesy

* my sis went to FGC Sagamu
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by flames77(m): 8:14am On Mar 21, 2013
10,5,5.......dat means...gari N10,sugar N5,kuli-kuli N5.......in my school stroking was caried out with a cane called "tunder reciever"...as the name implies,no matter how many jean trouser you weare inside......it penetrates to the bone,i can remember 1 night,i came back very late from night preps....and my seniors were waithing for me @ the hostel door.....that night was hell for me o.....500 pumping,20 laps of frog jump,catching my ears for about an hour,piking a pin,and lastly stroking me........ I couldnt come out the next day o.....tank God it was saturday.
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Dyt(f): 8:28am On Mar 21, 2013
We had 'boblers' 'feelers' and d 'abus'
I moved wit all of dem
I so love food ehn dat I don't miss out
I rem once, we were shared wit boys on d table, 5boys, 5gals
Boys wldnt come, even d gals, dey will ask d junior bois bring food
Trust me d troublemaker, I ll ask dem go back tell d seniors dat I served and nt givin dem food if dey won't come
I fought wit bois alone, all thru

Wen gals breakable plates brk, dey don't go dining
I used plastic spoon,plate, plastic everyth

I don't miss food time, nt for anyth

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Pacesetter2: 8:32am On Mar 21, 2013
Mine was Christ's School in Ado-Ekiti..

Chai!! Na hell on saturday,you must know all the hymn first & last stanzas for your head. You must clap & the person at 10km must hear. You wake up during 3am during dry season to fetch cause there is water in well so you quickly go & fetch before seniors beg you or others send you.

But i'm happy cause my dad is a fierce looking man. His entrance to my hostel makes everyone including the Senior Prefect tremble so how dare you punish me unjustly except i dont wish to tell my dad. My dad will beat you personally before takIng you to the principal's office for immediate typing of suspension letter.my dad comes in anytime. No gateman restriction on him or even the order of the oga.he talks as if he was the oga at the top of my principal but na because of his face.

Imagining me running away by 5am to class to have the season2 of my sleep.life was really a hell. Even if i offend senior,the fear of you beating me is scarce except it is a serious offence because you remember my dad's action.

Imagine someone defecating on a seniors towel & thereby beating two hostel cause they share same bathroom. I told him frankly i cant be beaten for the offence i didnt commit...come see speed..if i ran that in olympics..na 5secs for 100m.

I'm glad i'm out of the hell
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by TonySpike: 8:41am On Mar 21, 2013
We have so many FGC Alumni members on Nairaland. I think we should open a thread on FGCs on Nairaland. I am an alumnus of the only co-ed FGC in Osun State.
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by iyatrustee(f): 9:21am On Mar 21, 2013
wealthpos: I spent 6 good years In a prestigious boarding school in the 90s....Unity secondary school Usi -Ekiti to be precise...The experience was awesome full of good and bad.But I thank God the experience wasn't in vain because that school made me who I am today.

Does this ring a bell?

All saints unity school Usi-Ekiti
Created in Ondo state, to foster unity amidst our people
God help us to achieve our goals
Unity school, Unity school Usi-ekiti cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 21, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Shut uppppppppppp !

Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 21, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Shut uppppppppppp !

ah why u come vex for me nah.. Anyway the boys of my set anyway(2006)..were like dat,they were like mummy's boiz, u can't compare them with the senior of 2001 to 2003 set. Those were the real guys mehn!
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 21, 2013
Tony Spike: We have so many FGC Alumni members on Nairaland. I think we should open a thread on FGCs on Nairaland. I am an alumnus of the only co-ed FGC in Osun State.
seconded! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by slavia(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2013
I attended 3 different boarding schools in 3 different but neighboring states.....Believe me, i have so much to share that i don't even know where to start.
The most prominent things though are
nick names
slang
state of toilet facilities
boy-girl relationships (where it all started)
refectory food
senior students-junior students relationship
etc
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by monatim: 11:04am On Mar 21, 2013
it looks lyk all boarding skools in naija share d same experience. it ws fun all d way sha... who rememba fedcol games for dose dat attended federal skools cool cool I rep fgc daura
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by AGgal(f): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
scobaba: .

When did u attend ikom pls. I was der between 1995 m 1999.
1999-2004. Where u in Kinsley Bassey's set?
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
monatim: it looks lyk all boarding skools in naija share d same experience. it ws fun all d way sha... who rememba fedcol games for dose dat attended federal skools cool cool I rep fgc daura
yeah i remember fedcol games! Ah..my school was mostly 2nd or 3rd. grin whenever our participants came back home, with gud positions, after been given gifts and plaques, they were given a special table in the dining hall, for the rest of the term..they were given double ration., sometimes triple sef. Chai!
#repping FGGC sagamu!
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by slavia(m): 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
monatim: it looks lyk all boarding skools in naija share d same experience. it ws fun all d way sha... who rememba fedcol games for dose dat attended federal skools cool cool I rep fgc daura

Abeg my people which one be FGC Daura, is it in Nigeria?.....@Monatim; no offense meant
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
Google is life, mister.

Daura is in Katsina state.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by slavia(m): 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
FYI, when i started using google, your ancestors were still climbing trees...lol
I just felt that was too much for even google to handle.
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by valerosoh: 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
vision2050: If you call me saboteur you didnt mistake my identity........ Does who went to Mayflower school Ikenne can explain better.

Respect fellow ex-may! Sabo things! Orange, tangerine, grape, pineapple...those were the days. The days of eating ripe and unripe fruit alike.
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by monatim: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
booqee: yeah i remember fedcol games! Ah..my school was mostly 2nd or 3rd. grin whenever our participants came back home, with gud positions, after been given gifts and plaques, they were given a special table in the dining hall, for the rest of the term..they were given double ration., sometimes triple sef. Chai!
#repping FGGC sagamu!

Owk.... My Skool fgc daura always comes 1st in fedcol games cos we were always motivated well.... Enuf cash to flex lipsrsealed
booqee: yeah i remember fedcol games! Ah..my school was mostly 2nd or 3rd. grin whenever our participants came back home, with gud positions, after been given gifts and plaques, they were given a special table in the dining hall, for the rest of the term..they were given double ration., sometimes triple sef. Chai!
#repping FGGC sagamu!

Owk.... My Skool fgc daura always comes 1st in fedcol games cos we were always motivated well.... Enuf cash to flex
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by monatim: 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
slavia:

Abeg my people which one be FGC Daura, is it in Nigeria?.....@Monatim; no offense meant

Katsina state
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by hernyhorla: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
mikolam:

Guy, university 4rm 1989-2005...ah ah, guy pikin wey them born wen u enter Uni join u for there o...

Hey guy, sure it was a mistake. Help do d calculation
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 22, 2013
slavia:

no its in pakistan. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Rooneyboy(m): 12:27am On Mar 22, 2013
booqee: ah why u come vex for me nah.. Anyway the boys of my set anyway(2006)..were like dat,they were like mummy's boiz, u can't compare them with the senior of 2001 to 2003 set. Those were the real guys mehn!

Thank goodness u know.

*lest I forget*

U be small pikin ooo cheesy

06 was when I finished uni .................

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by pak: 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Right on point man.

As for me FGC Idoani was HELL on earth, how I managed to survive Jss1 - Jss3 before I had a transfer is a big mystery to me.

Ss 1- ss 3 FGC Ijanikin Lagos was HEAVEN on earth.

A very huge difference.

So Rooneyboy you CHICKENED out of FGCID ? Na wa for you.

Spent six years in that shit hole and really was the biulding block of all that I am now.

And considering I schooled at a time when the Seniors and Juniors hostel was combined !!! it was really somethin else
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by ayobase(m): 6:53am On Mar 23, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Bro what skool did u go too

That was Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo, Oyo State.
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by ayobase(m): 6:55am On Mar 23, 2013
Legit1:

Chai! shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

Bros, do the females also pack theirs or na only for males? Which would mean una follow pack theirs? lipsrsealed grin

Differently!
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by ayobase(m): 7:09am On Mar 23, 2013
speedyboi: *sighs*.............
Ayobase story is the worst. Dude, if I were in your situation, I would breakdown...Sure! Cos I couldn't withstand such things when I was younger. Eya, you must be a tough guy now.

#smiling#
My brother, its our obligation as far as we were in boarding school back then!

Its better these days now, the seniors and juniors are almost in the same age bracket, unlike then when we juniors couldn't call SENIOR Benjamin, but UNCLE Benjamin....the difference was too glaring....U couldn't fight back...tiny us!

I only chuckle when I remember. I had the intention of doing worse to my juniors, but I didn't!
Re: Nigerian Boarding School Experiences by Rooneyboy(m): 7:36am On Mar 23, 2013
pak:

So Rooneyboy you CHICKENED out of FGCID ? Na wa for you.

Spent six years in that shit hole and really was the biulding block of all that I am now.

And considering I schooled at a time when the Seniors and Juniors hostel was combined !!! it was really somethin else

Bro call it what ever u wish to, all I know is that I wouldn't have survived that place if I stayed back.....

More so being an SS1 student was my greatest fear there. cheesy

........ How did u cope man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. / SSANU, NASU To Begin 14-Day Nationwide Warning Strike On October 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.