Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62604 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 2:40pm On May 28, 2013
Neduzze5: Ehem ehem, who else here is hungry for some updates? grin

I am, oya update sharp sharp grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2013
“Good day Chief” Inspector Sunny greeted standing up
“Good day Inspector. How are you doing? Please sit down”

“Thank you Sir” the inspector said sitting down.
“What can I offer you?” Chief asked him

“Anything will be absolutely okay for me”
“Princesa! Princesa!!” he called out.

Princesa was the house maid. She was not around the last time the Inspector came because she had travelled home to see her sick mother. Princesa was related to Mrs Jacobs in a way. Mrs Jacobs step sister was Princesa’s mother. Mrs Jacobs had brought her from the village where she was still playing with little children on the streets at fifteen years.

Five years later, she had turned into a real beauty and a more decent girl. She was in charge of the house chores around the house such as washing, ironing and sweeping.

“Yes Oga” It was Princesa. She was standing at the entrance of the parlour

“Get me a bottle of Eva wine from the fridge with two glass cups and tell Brenda the cook to dish out two plates of rice for me and my guest” he ordered.

“Yes Oga” she responded and left for the kitchen

Brenda was the cook of the house and was in charge of every meal to be prepared, every foodstuff to be bought and every food to be served. She had come into the house through the help of Mrs Jacobs who had met her in the market where she was selling tomatoes along the roadside.

That day while buying tomatoes from her, Mrs Jacobs had struck up a conversation with her and according to what Brenda told her, she had gone to a cooking school where she had learnt how to make different kind of dishes, but due to circumstances, she was now selling tomatoes. After some conversations and coming to an agreement with her husband, she had brought her in to work as a cook in her house.

“Erm, Sir, I came on behalf of the incident that happened on Saturday. One of the women involved in the incident gave up the ghost in the hospital on Sunday morning. While I was interrogating your son, he told me that the younger girl is his classmate. We have no clue yet on who the victims are and we need to know so that we can inform their families of the incidence and since then, no one has come forward to report to us of the case of any missing person”

“That’s too bad. So in what way will my son be of help to you?”
“I will like to get the name of the girl from him”

“And when you get it, what will you do with it?. Will you just go into the road and start searching for anybody bearing that particular name?”

The question took him aback and he was surprised. He had not even thought of it before. He might equally be walking into another dead end.
“Well, when I get the name, I will announce it on the various media to see if anybody will come forward and....”
He was interrupted by the creaking sound of the parlour door.

Princesa was coming in with the wine and two glass cups while Brenda the cook was trotting after Princesa as a little child following her mother and carrying two plates of rice which was equally covered. The Inspector took out time to compare and contrast the both of them. Who knows? I may even get to marry one of them, he thought to himself chuckling. While Brenda was short, Princesa was a little bit tall but not so tall.

Brenda was ugly and did not possess much endowments on her bosoms and her backside while Princesa was beautiful and slim fit. Except for her apron which she was wearing and her unkempt hair, she was every bit of a model. But none of them possessed any of those physical endowments (you know what I mean).

The one and only characteristic which Brenda possessed over Princesa was her cheerfulness. She was very cheerful to a fault and flashed a lot of smiles as she talked both when it was necessary and when it was not necessary. If he was asked to choose, he would choose Princesa because although she didn’t have a great smile, what is a woman without her beauty?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:58pm On May 28, 2013
His flow of thoughts were interrupted once again by Chief Jacobs.

“Well, my son is not yet back from school, so let us eat and watch a great movie before he comes back. Do you like foreign or home based movie?”

“Erm, I prefer the home based movie” the Inspector answered half lying. He didn’t really like the home based movies, infact, he was addicted to the foreign movies but a man of Chief’s status usually watched home based types of movies so he had to go with what Chief Jacobs liked too.

“I also love home based movies” Chief Jacobs said

‘I thought as much’ almost came out of Sunny’s mouth but he was able to curb it from getting to Chief Jacob’s hearing

The Inspector looked at his watch. It was just 3:30pm and schools usually closed by 4pm. He had come too early he thought to himself. All he had to do was to sit down and enjoy himself to the fullest.

He began to eat the food that had been set in front of him as he continued to watch the television. Hmm, Brenda is also a good cook, he thought to himself as he hurriedly munched down the Rice and beans with stew . Chelsea had finished their match. The match had ended on a 7 goal win against Chelsea by Reading and Chief Jacob was punching away at the cable remote looking for a channel that was showing a good home movie.

“Wow, this movie is going to be interesting. See Aki and Paw paw na. Even Osuofia is in this movie. I wish I had seen the name of this movie oh. This boys are really great, you know” Chief was talking to Inspector Sunny

“Yes Chief, I like their movies. I even saw them live one day at Genesis Cinema”
“Are you serious” Chief asked turning to face the Inspector
“Yes oh”

“Why didn’t you tell me now? I would love to meet them in person”
“Haba, Chief, I saw them two months ago when they came to Port harcourt for a show and I just met you barely two days ago”
“Don’t mind me jare”

The door of the parlour opened and Henry stepped inside.

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:00pm On May 28, 2013
Later things oh... I'm back on my feet and better. Thanks to all those who wished me fast recovery and safety of my lappie grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 6:12pm On May 28, 2013
Welcome bac, u dey find Princessa trouble abi, Repo gal use am 4 secretary, u househlp, dat name 2 sweet 2 b househelp name o. Nways, kp d update comn.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 28, 2013
Jeff u no well grin grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2013
Neduzze5: Later things oh... I'm back on my feet and better. Thanks to all those who wished me fast recovery and safety of my lappie grin
Welcome back cheesy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 6:54pm On May 28, 2013
Mum Z :
Welcome back, u dey find Princessa trouble abi, Repo gal use am 4 secretary, u house help, dat name 2 sweet 2 b house help name o. Aways, keep d update coming.
He's throwing stones, and will get rocks in return
I should sue you for making reading beat Chelsea 7-0
Work more on spacing and paragraphs
I hope you are getting better.......
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:57pm On May 28, 2013
Mum Z :
Welcome bac, u dey find Princessa trouble abi, Repo gal use am 4 secretary, u househlp, dat name 2 sweet 2 b househelp name o. Nways, kp d update comn.

Omo, the name sexy die oh... but she no like her native name na why she say make I use this her English name grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:58pm On May 28, 2013
Br3nd4: Jeff u no well grin grin

*dodges stone* Sister mii, I well oh just say I like the name well well tongue
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:00pm On May 28, 2013
VanTee20:
Welcome back cheesy

Thanks oh. working on the next two updates
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:03pm On May 28, 2013
oyestephen:
He's throwing stones, and will get rocks in return
I should sue you for making reading beat Chelsea 7-0
Work more on spacing and paragraphs
I hope you are getting better.......

Yeah I'm getting better. Thanks for everything but no try sue me oh... Three of my uncles na Barristers and one na Chief Justice and my father dey read law too cheesy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by zinylizzy(f): 8:32pm On May 28, 2013
which kin officer be dis? all his own is to eat and drink...he should have gone to d school,gotten d name from Henry...i'm sure d girl supplied her address when filling form to enter d school ....he's there eating and watching movies
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2013
zinylizzy: which kin officer be dis? all his own is to eat and drink...he should have gone to d school,gotten d name from Henry...i'm sure d girl supplied her address when filling form to enter d school ....he's there eating and watching movies

No mind the guy, e dey chop too much....... like me
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:45pm On May 29, 2013
“Good afternoon Dad, Good afternoon Sir”

He was back from school.

“Good afternoon Son” the Inspector and Chief Jacob responded in unison with the Inspector stopping at ‘afternoon’.
“How was your day at school?” Chief Jacobs asked his son

“It was fine. Daddy, our Principal said that we should bring the money for our Jamb Syllable tomorrow”
“How much is it?”
“It’s four thousand naira” he answered

“Okay, I will give you the money before you go to school tomorrow. Remember to remind me. Meanwhile, go to your room, take your bath and come downstairs. The Inspector wants to have a chit chat with you.”

“Yes dad” he answered smiling and leaving the parlour. Out of sight and out of the parlour, he gave a low shout of “yes” which indicated joy for something and punched the air with his fist.

He had duped his father. The Jamb syllable they were asked to buy was just two thousand naira. The other two thousand naira was his own share of the money. A whole two thousand naira to myself. I will be able to enjoy at that canteen where they sell nkwobi and isi ewu with my friends tomorrow he thought to himself beaming with smiles as he climbed the stairs to his room.

On getting to his room, he quickly removed his clothes and rushed to the bathroom to take a shower. In less than ten minutes, he was through and went downstairs to meet the inspector.

“I’m here Sir” he said on getting to the parlour
“Please sit down” the inspector said motioning him to a settee close to him

Henry sat as was instructed by the Inspector while wondering what it was that the Inspector wanted to talk to him about
“Please what has happened to my friend?” he asked a little bit scared
“Nothing much” he replied “She’s still in a coma right now as we speak. I just came to find out a little about this your friend.

“What do you want to know” Henry asked
“What’s her name?”
“Her name is Blessing Dike”

“Do you know where she lives?”
“Unfortunately, no. I have never asked her before or been there”
“Do you know any of her friends that may know where she lives?”

“Erm, Blessing is the quiet type and doesn’t have much friends so I am not sure any of her friends know her house and the fact that she doesn’t have any close friend in particular will make it hard for any of her friends to know her house”

“Hmm, this case is becoming a hard nut to crack oh. Do you have any other information that may help the police?”
“She also told me she is from Imo State, I don’t know if that helps”

In that moment when he wanted to answer Henry, his phone rang. He picked it up and put the receiver to his ear
“Inspector, the patient that was brought in last week has come out of coma”
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:46pm On May 29, 2013
Happy Democracy Day To All My Nigerian Friends!

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 2:10pm On May 29, 2013
Just finished Chapter Four. E no easy oh... We are moving to the top. Chapter Five up next!!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Mobsync(m): 7:05pm On May 29, 2013
Really interesting story, me likey. Bt oga, ur update short ooo. wink
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2013
This inspector is really trying. I didn't know the police are put their all into "smaller" issues, especially when its difficult to crack......
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:24am On May 30, 2013
Mobsync: Really interesting story, me likey. Bt oga, ur update short ooo. wink

Watch out for the next one now
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:25am On May 30, 2013
oyestephen: This inspector is really trying. I didn't know the police are put their all into "smaller" issues, especially when its difficult to crack......

Well, maybe it happens sometimes.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Eneze1(f): 11:19am On May 30, 2013
this is really a good, keep up the good work
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:13pm On May 30, 2013
Eneze1: this is really a good, keep up the good work

Thanks dear. Hope you are online
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:16pm On May 30, 2013
Chapter Five

Mr Dike was now a lost man, infact, he was close to insanity. Almost three days had gone by and his family was no where to be found. This was beginning to become a nightmare and he was not sure of when he would finally wake up to the reality of what had been happening around him. Throughout Tuesday, he hadn’t stepped out of his house. He had just sat inside, drinking and thinking and vomiting and sleeping and repeating the cycle again. But today was a new day and he had to do something about this issue. He began brainstorming.

Although he was not learned, from the little he had picked up in the course of his work, he had a little upstairs. He thought for a while over likely things that might have occurred to them and the consequences of such occurences. They might have been kidnapped he thought, but then there was nothing he could do about it.

If they had an accident, he could go to the mortuary to see if he would find them or he would go to the hospital to check them there, who knows, maybe they had been injured and not necessarily dead. But then, he had a major problem facing him. There were so many mortuaries and so many hospitals in Rivers State. Which one would he check and which one would he leave? He concluded that he must find them dead or alive even if it took him the last of his breathe.

That Tuesday when Inspector Sunny left the house of the Jacobs, he left straight for the hospital. He had received a call from his doctor friend that Blessing had come out of coma. That was a welcome news and a relief to himself. He had no time to waste at all. Almost three days had gone by and there was no more time to spare. He had gotten to the hospital in a couple of minutes and rushed to the office of his friend who led him to where she was now recuperating. On seeing him in his uniform, Blessing sprang up from the bed startled

“What have I done” she shouted bewildered while giving the doctor an accusing look
“Calm down” Inspector responded “you have not done anything”
“Then why are you here”

“I came to see you and I have come with your friend. Come inside”
Henry stepped inside the ward a little bit timidly. He wasn’t sure how she was going to respond to him but when she saw him, her face lit up a smile and he proceeded to give her a hug.

“How did I arrive here” she asked in between muffled tones.
“ I saw you and your mother at the burrow pit close to my house when I went to dump refuse lying helplessly so I brought you people here”
It was then that she began to remember some of the things that happened to her. It seemed as though she was suffering from brain damage or what is also known as short term loss of memory or forgetfulness.

“I was coming back with my mum... he picked us up... he took us to that place.... he raped me... he shot my mum... where is my mum? Aaaarggh... my head hurts”
“Calm down dear, you are only overworking yourself. The effect of what happened to you is just manifesting, ranging from headache, short term loss of memory, vomiting, long term loss of memory, anorexia, stigmatization, mental inbalance, even death may occur as a result of your trauma. So you have to be very careful. Lie down and relax” Dr Steve said pushing her gently back to the bed.

The moment her back landed on the bed, she began to sob. The reality of what had happened to her was just dawning on her and the after effect would have dire consequences. She was just sixteen years for God’s sake and the pride of her womanhood had been taken away from her by an idiot, a maniac, a hoodlum, a bastard! She just couldn’t find the words to describe him.

What if she becomes pregnant? What if she gets the dreaded HIV/AIDS virus? What if she gets one of these other sexually transmitted diseases? What else was she living for she thought sorrowfully. Her thoughts were interrupted by the doctor’s light tap on her forearm. He had been calling her for a while now and she seemed too lost in her thoughts. She turned her head towards him in response to his tap.

“The Divisional Police Officer is here to see you. He has been following this case since Sunday when you were brought in but since you are not in the right frame of mind now, he will come back later. We will run some tests on you later on to see if you have been infected or if you are pregnant. That’s the best we can do for you” the doctor concluded giving her a pat on her forehead. As he turned to leave with the Inspector and Henry looking pitfully at her, he heard her call his name.

“Yes dear, is there anything else?” he asked
“Doctor, please tell me the truth. What of my mother”
For a split second, the doctor didn’t know what to say. He turned towards the Inspector who was trying to give him a sign with his eyes but he couldn’t interpret it.

“I’m sorry Miss, but your mother is dead. She wasn't able to survive the bullet wound. She gave up the ghost two days ago after a long struggle. May her soul rest in peace”
“Inspector please, I will like you to go to my house, No 6 Boms Avenue. My dad should be around and would be very worried about our disappearance. His name is Mr Uzoma Dike”

“Infact, that’s one of the reason’s why I am here. I will surely do that” Inspector Sunny said before walking out with the rest of the trio.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 8:12am On May 31, 2013
Eeya...pele blessing
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Eneze1(f): 8:18am On May 31, 2013
Neduzze5:

Thanks dear. Hope you are online

always online
Re: Story: A New Dawn by ortopazz(m): 12:48pm On May 31, 2013
Brenda and princesa........ .nicccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Enjoying the gist brov, more power to ya elbow
Re: Story: A New Dawn by ortopazz(m): 1:02pm On May 31, 2013
Brenda i fink say some kan e-slap go happen, besides Nedzi (as u will be known to moi,) i like the the way u handle u vocabs, pretty nice i must confess, as for the plot, well i will wait 4 the outcome,,,,,,,, fully on board
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:51pm On May 31, 2013
oyestephen: Eeya...pele blessing

Too bad for her. I wish I could make her suffer less but my mind have already been set... grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:55pm On May 31, 2013
ortopazz: Brenda and princesa........ .nicccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Enjoying the gist brov, more power to ya elbow

Lol! I no see any other names to use na. Thank God say dem no vex too much. I'm quite happy to see that you are enjoying it.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2013
ortopazz: Brenda i fink say some kan e-slap go happen, besides Nedzi (as u will be known to moi,) i like the the way u handle u vocabs, pretty nice i must confess, as for the plot, well i will wait 4 the outcome,,,,,,,, fully on board

If say she try e-slap me, I for dodge am. Thanks for pointing out ma great areas. But for the plot, one thing I can assure you is that it is totally unpredictable. I have woven it in such a way that you will be surprised at the turn out of events but one sure thing is that there's going to be a New Dawn!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 6:01pm On May 31, 2013
Sorry guys for not updating this morning. My lappie battery was low. But I will try to update before nightfall.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.