Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62573 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
Please pals, I need the correct spelling of the bolded word in my last update.

Couldn't see it in my dictionary.

Thanks!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Blessing ran out of the house barefooted leaving her slippers behind.

"I'm coming for you" he screamed after her as she ran.

There was no look of remorse on her face.

The look on her face was a mixture of fear and anger.

Fear that she might be arrested by the police.

Anger that she had not really satisfied herself with the kind of treatment she had meted out on him.

She could not sleep there that night.

Hurriedly, she packed some of her belongings, took out the wallet she had stolen. Taking out the money inside the wallet, she tossed the wallet to the ground and put the money in her jean skirt pocket for that was what she was wearing.

She looked at the wallet for some seconds as it lay on the floor of her room and after a little consideration, she picked it up and put it into her bag.

In a few minutes, she was out of the house and locking the protector gate.

She heard the sound of a horn behind her.

It was a Mercedes Benz E-class.

A young man came out of it and walked towards her.

"Good afternoon young lady"

He actually sounded and looked like a military personnel and that frightened her.

"Good afternoon Sir. What can I do for you?" She managed to ask without stuttering.

"I'm looking for you" he replied removing his black sunshade.

Her fears increased at this moment and her heart beat became abnormal. She was ready to run if the need arose but how could she outrun a man with a car.

A Mercedes Benz for that matter.

Maybe the landlord has already called the police for her she thought within her.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
losprince: @neduZze you are not keeping it real dude!

Atleast after going awol, drop something worth it

I'm trying to try my best. Please be patient with me.

I'm a student and I equally need to read my books also.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
"Me" she asked trying to sound surprised.

"Yes" he replied "don't you remember me?" He asked surprised

"No I don't. Who are you" she asked neither politely nor rudely.

"I'm the guy you met at the park"

"Okay, how can I help you? She asked "because as you can see, I'm about going out right now" her courage returned when it was clear that he was not a military personnel.

"Why not join me let me drop you off" he requested politely

She considered his request for a while. There's no harm in trying she told herself.

"Okay, fine. I'll go with you" she replied

She entered and sat at the front passengers seat and he closed the door for her before entering the driver's seat and driving off.

"Seems like you're travelling" he said as soon as they hit the road trying to start up a conversation with her.

"Why do you ask" she asked turning to face him.

"The travelling bag" he replied looking straight ahead.

"Oh that! Yeah, I'm travelling"

"Where to?"

"Where to?" she repeated the question.

He looked at her with confusion.

She didn't even really know where she was travelling to. She had no uncles around, no aunties, she didn't even know her village.

"I don't know" she blurted out.

He looked at her again. Her face was sorrowful. He ignored her answer and asked

"Is anything the matter?"

She didn't want to talk about what had transpired between her and her landlord to anybody but since there was no other person she could turn to, she told him.

"I'm running away"

"Why? What happened?" he asked two questions at once.

"I bit off my landlord's ear" she replied

He laughed out loud and she smiled wanely.

"Are you serious?" he was thinking she was joking, had expected her to laugh but when she didn't laugh, he felt otherwise, maybe she was saying the truth.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
princesa: Go easy on blessing abeg, her tragedy is heart wrenchingsad

She has one more hurdle to cross.

Before the main one!
grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
So this is actually where the curtain falls for this week.

Till next week.

Comments, constructive criticisms, likes and views are welcomed....

The main thing is about to start.

*whispers*
It's about to go down soon!

grin grin grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Its TESTOSTERONE neduzze u have a nice story kip it up but ur update its short oo
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mum Z, I greet oh.

Expecting your comment and bashing (literally speaking)
Re: Story: A New Dawn by losprince(m): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
"I've somewhere going to right now"
guy please make this correction in your last update.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
losprince:
guy please make this correction in your last update.

Thanks for that correction.

Chai

English no easy oh!!

grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Cute bliss: Its TESTOSTERONE neduzze u have a nice story kip it up but ur update its short oo

Thanks for your correction. Will be making the necessary change soon.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Chai!!! blessing don suffer o
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
oyestephen: Chai!!! blessing don suffer o

Eeyah.... I'm so so pirrying her!!

Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by losprince(m): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
Neduzze5:

Thanks for that correction.

Chai

English no easy oh!!

grin

you are welcome
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:22am On Jul 15, 2013
Next update will be coming tomorrow.

Promises to be really long.

Conclusion of chapter Seven and beginning of chapter eight.

By the way, check out this link!

https://www.nairaland.com/1359706/royal-palaver-neduzze5-chistar01

grin grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Teespice(f): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
Nice story. But don't you think you should concentrate and finish this story rather than starting another one judging from the link you put up. So as not to be confused. But if you think you can cope writing two stories, then goodluck.

That's all.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2013
Teespice: Nice story. But don't you think you should concentrate and finish this story rather than starting another one judging from the link you put up. So as not to be confused. But if you think you can cope writing two stories, then goodluck.
That's all.

Thanks for your concern.

Erm.... The link above is for a co-authored story

It won't affect this one in any way.

In fact, next update coming up shortly.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:57am On Jul 16, 2013
"Yes I am" she replied with no emotions attached.

"I believe you have a reason for that" he replied

"He wanted to rape me"

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. But what of your parents?"

"My mother is dead and my father is in the hospital. He had an accident"

"I'm so sorry to hear that"

"Its okay"

"Who did you say you're" she was now realizing that she didn't get him when he introduced himself earlier on because she wasn't listening to him then.

"What?" he asked

"As in, how do you know me?"

"I met you this morning at the park after I caught you stealing a man's wallet"

She became totally ashamed of herself when he told her the truth. Infact, she was dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry about that. Its just that...." she didn't complete her statement before she was cut short by him.

"You did pretty well out there" he commended.

She was surprised to hear such an unusual commendation from him when she was actually expecting a lot of bashings and preachings.

"How do you mean" she asked feigning surprise.

"Don't worry, as time goes by, you will get to understand what I'm talking about" he replied.

She looked at his smiling form and was more confused than ever.

"Forgive me, I'm Michael by the way. And you are?"

"I'm Blessing" she replied.

"Nice meeting you"

"You too"

He drove in silence for the rest of the journey.

Soon they were at his apartment which was located at Rumuokwuta. He lived there alone except for exceptional long visits from his friend Iyke on an almost every weekend basis.

Iyke was in the kitchen when they strolled into the house.

"Hey Mike, you are already back" he said grabbing his hand in a shake.

"Yeah, I'm" he replied.

"And who's with you? I've not seen her before" he asked

"Umm, she's a friend. Her name's... erm..." he looked at her for an expo.

"Blessing" she put in.

"Yeah Blessing. She's kind of stranded and would be staying here for a while. Might equally join us"

"What?" Iyke asked bemusedly

"We will talk about this later" he whispered to Iyke.

Turning to Blessing, he addressed her thus,

"Let me take you to where you will be staying for now" he said and carried her travelling bag.

He took her to his room, the only bedroom in the house for it was a two bedroom flat, room and sitting room with kitchen and toilet. It was well arranged and sparsely furnished.

"Here we are" he said when they got to the front of the bedroom. He opened the door and led her inside.

The room had a neatly arranged bed and a table at one corner. On the table, there was a desktop computer and beside it, there was a laptop.

She wondered what he could be doing with the two computers at the same time.

On the wall of the room, there was the picture of Akon undressed from his head to a little above his waist and there was another picture of a man and a woman kissing under a bedspread.

"Please make yourself comfortable.The bathroom's over there" he said pointing at a door inside the same room.

"Thank you very much" she said

"You're welcome" he said turning to leave.

"Erm.... Lest I forget. Here's your purse" he said and gave her black stolen purse to her.

To say she was surprised was an understatement. She was more than surprised.

Opening the purse, she saw her money inside. Upon counting the money, it was complete and intact.

Puzzled by that, she hugged him first and proceeded to question him.

"How did you get it?" she asked

"It's a long story"

"Enh, just cut it short and tell me. I really need to hear it now"

"Well, your purse was supposedly stolen by my friend Iyke when you were stealing that man's wallet"

"Law of Karma" she said and they both laughed

"You can say that again" he said still laughing "let me leave you now" Michael said and left.

Minutes later, she was through with taking her bath, she changed into a new clothcloth, white blouse and a blue jean skirt.

"Are you sure she can perform" Iyke asked

"Yeah, her stealth nature at the park was really awesome" Michael replied

"But you saw her now, didn't you" he asked Iyke

"Yeah, I did but I equally stole her purse. She was caught off guard. What if it was a bullet?" He directed his question to Mike.

"I agree with you on that aspect but she will improve and we will be watching each other's back or won't we?"

"Yes we will" Iyke answered resignedly

"Come here man" Mike called

Iyke came closer and they shook hands and looked into each others eyes for few seconds and began to laugh wildly.

It was their normal style of life, always playing around and jonzing.

"What are they laughing about?" Blessing asked walking into the kitchen.

Gosh, she was astonishingly beautiful, Michael noted the moment she walked into the kitchen.

"Erm.... Nothing actually" Mike replied

"Thank you for stealing my purse" she addressed Iyke jokingly

Iyke gave Michael a questioning look who in turn nodded at him

"Erm... You're welcome" Iyke replied smiling

"I believe you should be hungry now. Let's head to the sitting room while we wait for Iyke to finish cooking" Michael said and walked to the sitting room with her.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
She'll join a band of thieves ??
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
oyestephen: She'll join a band of thieves ??

Erm.... I better not comment on this!

grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by princesa(f): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
From frying pan to fire.......Nedu!sad
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
princesa: From frying pan to fire.......Nedu!sad

Ha, at least she has friends now.

Fire?

I don't understand.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Agbogashi: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
Keep it coming, i'm still watching this Blessing of a lady. Lest i forget, good job i must commend.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2013
Agbogashi: Keep it coming, i'm still watching this Blessing of a lady. Lest i forget, good job i must commend.

Erm...

continuing watching sha

but your subscription go soon end and you go need to resubscribe grin

thanks for your comments!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nedu, theifing no b new dawn 4 persn life o.

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:55am On Jul 21, 2013
Mum Z :
Nedu, theifing no b new dawn 4 persn life o.

Yes oh, thief thief no be new dawn and e no fit be

Sorry guys for the long wait.

Update comes later in the evening.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Veevien(f): 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Evening don come ooo, night wan come take over. Abeg how the update nah.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Veevien(f): 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Evening don come ooo, night wan come take over. Abeg how far the update nah
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
Veevien: Evening don come ooo, night wan come take over. Abeg how far the update nah

I'm actually putting finishing touches to it. Expect it soon all things being equal.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
[size=24pt]CHAPTER EIGHT!![/size]

grin grin grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
CHAPTER EIGHT

A week had passed by since Blessing came into Michael's house. A lot had happened, all thanks to Michael, she had been able to make a part payment of hundred thousand naira for her father's surgery. She had found out that he was a yahoo boy, swindling unsuspecting victims of their money.

As an unemployed graduate, according to what he had told her, that was all he could do to survive. He learnt it while in the university from some of his room mates who were deeply involved in it. He did not value it then but later came to appreciate it as a graduate when he couldn't find a job to make a living out of.
It was hard, needed a lot of thinking, brain racking and good usage of English but his pains paid off once in a while.

One day as they sat in his parlour watching television, Blessing raised the issue of the help he had rendered her once again.

"I want to thank you for the help you rendered towards raising money for my father's surgery" Blessing addressed Michael as they sat in his sitting room watching a television program

"You have done that before"

"I don't think I will ever stop thanking you"

"It's okay" Michael replied, "the major problem now is how to get money for the completion of the medical expenses so that he would be given the best medical care available because without the completion of the money, the hospital can stop his treatment anytime they deem fit"

"So what do you suggest" Blessing asked

"My business is no longer paying" he was referring to his yahoo business "but I've something else on my mind"

"And what could it be?" Blessing asked curiously

"It's a dangerous business and I don't know if you will be able to undertake it"

"I'm ready, as far as it will give me enough money to be able to pay for my father's hospital bills" she replied with morale.

Michael let out a little laugh. She didn't know what the business was all about that's why she was talking this way, he thought to himself.

"So should I tell you?" he asked

"Yes, I'm all ears" she replied

"You are sure about this?"

"Yeah, am listening"

"It's armed robbery"

It sounded in her ears like a bomb.

"What?" she asked just to be sure of what she heard

Michael stood up from where he was sitting and came close to her. Bringing his mouth closer to her ear, he whispered it into her ears,

"Armed robbery" he whispered laying emphasis on the two words before leaving the sitting room.

There and then, her sense of reasoning became clouded. She couldn't actually think straight any longer.

She only could remember the dangers of armed robbery as they had been taught in school by her Social Studies aunty. In her head, she made a mental note of them; life imprisonment, death by the various horrific means, stigmatization in the society if the armed robber is lucky to come out of prison with his life.

"I'm not joining" she said aloud to herself

"No, I can never be a party to such crime, no I can't" she made what seemed to be her final decision while relaxing back into the settee.

But there's always this small but mighty angelic voice that comes to us in such turbulent periods in our lives when the question is; to do or not to do?! And especially when we are in between the devil and the blue deep sea, that voice which inclines us towards the devil and his evil tidings.

That was what happened to Blessing as she reclined deeply into the settee. That voice came taunting her with formidable arguments why she should actually go on such a task.

"You don't have any choice in this" it began tauntingly

"This is your chance to turn your life around for the better"

"And you know your father is in the hospital lying down there helpless just waiting for his only beloved daughter to pay up his hospital bills and save him from the clutches of death" it continued

Blessing meanwhile nodded to the candid arguments being put forward by this small voice for why she should actually join but she was not yet utterly convinced.

Seeing that she was reluctant as it tends to happen to most of us, it continued.

"And Mike has been of great help. You have a chance to pay him back for his good deeds"

This was actually another good argument for but still she waited...

"Don't you want to live happily with your father once again? Just once, grab the cash, relocate from this city, buy a new house and live happily ever after with your father"

That was the line that caught her, just like in the movies, happily ever after....!

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
*continues*

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.