Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Odemwingie Hits Out At West Brom Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Hits Out At West Brom Again (868 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odemwingie Hits Out At West Brom Again by apache77(m): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2013
West Bromwich Albion striker Peter Odemwingie has once more criticised the club's treatment of him via Twitter after he was left on the bench at the weekend.

The 31-year-old used the social network to express his frustration at again being used only as a substitute during Saturday's draw at Stoke City."

The Nigeria international's latest outburst comes less than two months after he lashed out at the club over their refusal to sanction his sale to Queens Parker Rangers in the January transfer window.

Odemwingie subsequently apologised for his actions and was welcomed back into the first-team fold. However, after he made only his fourth appearance from the bench since the incident during the 0-0 draw at the Britannia Stadium, Odemwingie took to Twitter on Sunday to air his grievance.

"Keeping me on the bench now is worst than what they did on the 31st," he tweeted. "New advisers told me to take say its all my fault cos its better or me.

"If they like they shouldn't even give me 10 mins to play. Threatening to ruin my career? Career I closed already last summer? No harm to me.

"Want to treat me like an average player. The abuse and praise I get is it average ? So get some extra from me too.

"Former Albion sporting director in the presence of the new and Manager apologised to me in private. Publicly not good ? Come under my cloud.

"Drive was lunacy ? Missing in the training section that day also lunacy ? They forgot to complain about that though cos they knew were I was.

"Things have almost got back to normal till Peter spoilt it again. What's normal ? We see things differently obviously.

"Has anyone seen me give interview to clubs website for a year now ? What about an interview in match day magazine ? I am on my own there.

"Was ready to give half of the contract there and earn less to make it happen. Forcing a move really is when u want to leave 4 free."

Odemwingie scored four goals in his first nine appearances this season, but the form of Romelu Lukaku - on a season-long loan from Chelsea - has led to his first-team opportunities becoming increasingly limited, leading to him infamously driving down to Loftus Road on transfer deadline day in an unsuccessful attempt to force through a move.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1379450/peter-odemwingie-lashes-out-at-west-bromwich-albion-again?cc=3888

(1) (Reply)

What Is Love Football Fantasy League Nigeria? / Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL): Super4 Returns! / Massage Slimming Belt Is Available At Joerex Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.