Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy (25605 Views)

Arms Deals: Fresh Controversy Over $1b Loan Approved For Jonathan-The Nation / Fayose Pardons 31 Ekiti Civil Servants Who Resumed Late To Work / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by ypzilanti: 10:45am On Mar 18, 2013
Jonathan pardons homosexual rapist, triggering fresh controversy

President Goodluck Jonathan enters the second week of his controversial pardon set to contend with a flurry of new issues and criticism from many who are trying to make sense of his reasoning for letting off former army Major, Bello Magaji, convicted and sentenced to five years jail term for sodomy, another name for homosexuality, by a military Court [General Court Martial] in 1996.
Mr. Magaji, a former military police officer attached to the Lagos Garrison Command, was convicted for serial homosexual intercourse with four students of the Army Cantonment Boys Secondary School in Ojo Cantonment in Lagos. The teenagers were Mohammed, Joseph, Emmanuel, and Isaac, according to court records obtained by PREMIUM TIMES. We are witholding the surnames names of the victims since they were teenagers at the time of the incident. Download full judgment here.
The documents spoke of how Mr. Magaji intoxicated the young men, all from poor background, with alcohol, making them dizzy and then forcing them to have homosexual intercourse. He would then offer them token financial inducement to meet family obligations.
One of the teenagers recalled that: “He said I shouldn’t worry that I should go and bath. After my bath he gave me N1500.00k and said I should give Oscar N500.00k for bringing me. Then when I came out I gave Oscar N500.00k and it remained N1000.00k. Out of the N1000.00k Oscar collected N100.00k and it remained N900.00k. From the N900.00k, I bought things paid small small credit I was owing and bought school uniform for myself.”
Mr. Bello Magaji whose reasons for making the list remains puzzling, was one of about a dozen convicts that earned President Jonathan’s pardon Tuesday after a Council of State meeting in Abuja along with the president’s disgraced former boss, Mr. DSP Alamieyeseigha, a one-time governor in Bayelsa State where the president served as his deputy.
Mr. Magaji’s pardon, coming at a time that legislative and religious institutions in the country are bracing for a stormy confrontation with the local and international gay and lesbian communities is bound to shock many observers of the Jonathan presidency.
In November 2011, the Nigerian Senate passed a stunning anti-gay legislation which criminalizes homosexuality and gay marriage with a 14-year jail term. Although the move drew sharp international rebuke from both western and American political leaders, the Senate President, Mr. David Mark, in February this year, went ahead to defend the move, promising a delighted conference of Catholic bishops that the senate will lead the fight against homosexuality in the country. Mr. Mark was however at the meeting where Mr.Magagi got his pardon but was not on record to have uttered a voice against the move.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/125432-jonathan-pardons-homosexual-rapist-triggering-fresh-controversy.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Igwe9(m): 11:08am On Mar 18, 2013
I wish all that milked our country dry would forgive us and return all the treasuries back to us.
Just a wish! sad

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by vedaxcool(m): 11:22am On Mar 18, 2013
This man wants' us to stone him to death before april!

40 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by HAH: 11:32am On Mar 18, 2013
It seems people from Bayelsa are having low IQ. See Jona embarrassing himself, I don't think he will win 2015 unless by rigging cos his approval rating is very low

NB: jonas boy Gov Dickson is seeking amnesty for cultist another scam in the offing

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 18, 2013
Maybe mr president drink panadol and the resultant effect is pardon pardon to rats and snakes

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by ypzilanti: 11:35am On Mar 18, 2013
It's open season for pardons.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Boss13: 11:36am On Mar 18, 2013
Jonathan is not contesting for president in 2015. However his position is not making it better for PDP if only APC can get their act right so that we can kick PDP out of power. The party produces useless candidates.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Vansnickers: 11:36am On Mar 18, 2013
Eyaa! Clifford Orji should not have died. He too would have received pardon.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 18, 2013
For me o,am aganst this move by GEJ cause i hate anything that has to do with homo.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by dedons: 11:39am On Mar 18, 2013
Naija don tire me o...abeg where i fit follow go somalia

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Okijajuju1(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2013
WHAT THE FHUCK!!!!!!! shocked shocked

Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, I advise you to sack all your advisers now. They are agents of the APC Devil out to ruin you.

He pardoned a pea`dophile?! shocked WHY?!

#TheFreshAirIsFadingFast!!

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by ypzilanti: 11:39am On Mar 18, 2013
A joke I posted elsewhere:

Alams rejects presidential pardon! He says it's an insult that GEJ announced it over the air without personally consulting him. "I am his political benefactor,
and he cannot just pardon me like that over the air like I am an ordinary common criminal. Even if I stole money, I am a former Governor and I expect some personal courtesy'. Reuben Abati has quickly been dispatched to Bayelsa to express the Presidents apology for the oversight. His initial protests at the assignment were silenced when the part of his contract where he signed to undertake 'any task the president ask me to do...no matter how humiliating' is pointed out to him.

As he is leaving the office, GEJ calls him back and asks him to take out the trash.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by strangest(m): 11:40am On Mar 18, 2013
I guess if this is the one that the USA initially heard before Alamesiaeaye's pardon( F* the spelling of his name), Bill Gates and Obama will see it as a welcome development....

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Emoticon: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2013
Well... make i no talk sha.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Omen100(m): 11:41am On Mar 18, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan enters the second week of his controversial pardon set to contend with a flurry of new issues and criticism from many who are trying to make sense of his reasoning for letting off former army Major, Bello Magaji, convicted and sentenced to five years jail term for sodomy, another name for homosexuality, by a military Court [General Court Martial] in 1996.
Mr. Magaji, a former military police officer attached to the Lagos Garrison Command, was convicted for serial homosexual intercourse with four students of the Army Cantonment Boys Secondary School in Ojo Cantonment in Lagos. The teenagers were Mohammed, Joseph, Emmanuel, and Isaac, according to court records obtained by PREMIUM TIMES. We are witholding the surnames names of the victims since they were teenagers at the time of the incident. Download full judgment here.
The documents spoke of how Mr. Magaji intoxicated the young men, all from poor background, with alcohol, making them dizzy and then forcing them to have homosexual intercourse. He would then offer them token financial inducement to meet family obligations.
One of the teenagers recalled that: “He said I shouldn’t worry that I should go and bath. After my bath he gave me N1500.00k and said I should give Oscar N500.00k for bringing me. Then when I came out I gave Oscar N500.00k and it remained N1000.00k. Out of the N1000.00k Oscar collected N100.00k and it remained N900.00k. From the N900.00k, I bought things paid small small credit I was owing and bought school uniform for myself.”
Mr. Bello Magaji whose reasons for making the list remains puzzling, was one of about a dozen convicts that earned President Jonathan’s pardon Tuesday after a Council of State meeting in Abuja along with the president’s disgraced former boss, Mr. DSP Alamieyeseigha, a one-time governor in Bayelsa State where the president served as his deputy.
Mr. Magaji’s pardon, coming at a time that legislative and religious institutions in the country are bracing for a stormy confrontation with the local and international gay and lesbian communities is bound to shock many observers of the Jonathan presidency.
In November 2011, the Nigerian Senate passed a stunning anti-gay legislation which criminalizes homosexuality and gay marriage with a 14-year jail term. Although the move drew sharp international rebuke from both western and American political leaders, the Senate President, Mr. David Mark, in February this year, went ahead to defend the move, promising a delighted conference of Catholic bishops that the senate will lead the fight against homosexuality in the country. Mr. Mark was however at the meeting where Mr.Magagi got his pardon but was not on record to have uttered a voice against the move.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/125432-jonathan-pardons-homosexual-rapist-triggering-fresh-controversy.html[/quote]

ypzilanti: Jonathan pardons homosexual rapist, triggering fresh controversy

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/125432-jonathan-pardons-homosexual-rapist-triggering-fresh-controversy.html

please, is it true that 1person in every 4 people in Benue has HIV & Benue state has been declared the official HIV/AIDS capital of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by bidell1(f): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2013
ypzilanti: A joke I posted elsewhere:

Alams rejects presidential pardon! He says it's an insult that GEJ announced it over the air without personally consulting him. "I am his political benefactor,
and he cannot just pardon me like that over the air like I am an ordinary common criminal. Even if I stole money, I am a former Governor and I expect some personal courtesy'. Reuben Abati has quickly been dispatched to Bayelsa to express the Presidents apology for the oversight. His initial protests at the assignment were silenced when the part of his contract where he signed to undertake 'any task the president ask me to do...no matter how humiliating' is pointed out to him.

As he is leaving the office, GEJ calls him back and asks him to take out the trash.

You called this a joke You need to take your medications

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by hakymworld1(m): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2013
I pray that they should not emback on their misdeeds.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by boron10(m): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan should get his brain checked before he does more harm to this country.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by nairaman66(m): 11:43am On Mar 18, 2013
All hail Mr Pardon!!
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by martin1772(m): 11:44am On Mar 18, 2013
Tafa balogun should also be pardon

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 18, 2013
Maybe he is trying to get back in the graces of the US. Afterall, they threatened to cease giving aid to Nigeria when a bill was passed to BAN homosexuality. I wish I could see the content of this man's brain.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Pancs(m): 11:45am On Mar 18, 2013
just passing..
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by k2039: 11:45am On Mar 18, 2013
[size=13pt] Another Faux pas from the C-I-C, the more this man tries to justify Alam's pardon by pardoning others the more he shows his dumbness.

He is trying to give us the impression Alam. wasn't the real target of the pardon, but I wonder if he realizes we are not as dumb as he is.

I think it's about time the prison gates are opened and all prisoners are set free.

It's either GEJ is a product of a failed education system or he failed education.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by adora4u1: 11:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Oga President, please release all prisoners! Make it a National Pardon! Remember to reserve a place for Ibori!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Omen100(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2013
dedons: Naija don tire me o...abeg where i fit follow go somalia

please ask those boko boys.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Pataki: 11:48am On Mar 18, 2013
Apparently this scumbag of a President is mentally unbalanced. sad

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by Chillypelly(m): 11:49am On Mar 18, 2013
GEJ the retardee and the release of fresh air from the presidential account. What a shameless way of promoting criminality.
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by nairaman66(m): 11:49am On Mar 18, 2013
please, is it true that 1person in every 4 people in Benue has HIV & Benue state has been declared the official HIV/AIDS capital of Nigeria.

Unfortunately, yes!
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by fitzmayowa: 11:49am On Mar 18, 2013
I would not be surprised, if he gives boko haram presidential pardon...na wa o oga Jona you are indeed a ret-a-rdeen...SMH

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by hayubee(m): 11:50am On Mar 18, 2013
Wish I had a magic wand dat could make 2015 tomorrow
Re: Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy by talk2s(m): 11:50am On Mar 18, 2013
GEJ just has a good and forgiving heart. That's all!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

24hrs Light In Ibadan, How Is Electricity In Your Area? / El-zakzaky, Wife Depart Nigeria For India / Confusion Over CJN’s ‘resignation’ - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.