Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway (6827 Views)

N2.6trn Govt Deposits In 20,000 Bank Accounts To Be Closed This Week / Fashola Beats Jonathan In Railway Devt —group / ‘ There Is No Transformation In Railway System’ ~ Rowland Ataguba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
@Ama28: I partially agree with you. N195 billion (over $1 billion) for feasibility study is certainly on the high side. shocked
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Fhemmmy: 7:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ama28: Fraud fraud fraud! A project that was initially planned for and fully funded has time over run and had a fresh allocation and is still having time over run. It is costing us the sum of N195b to conduct a feasibility study. Even the feasibility study conducted before going to the moon is not this cost intensive! Out of the 1.09billion only 200million was provided as what percent of the total budget? And people are dancing azonto on this topic

Accord to this write up "It recalled that N1.09bn was allocated to the project in the 2011 budget; N626.69m was released but only N195.47m was utilised as at the end of the third quarter of 2011. Six hunddred and something million was released, one ninety five million was utilised please where is the rest of the released money cos till date we are still budgetting on that project!

Mr Jonathan is purely fundraising for his presidential ambition come 2015, we will wait for him at the voting point, then shall he understand what it means to be a fraudster!
This is so sad, yet he is here licking the spit of bill gate for fund for polio. This money could kick polio out of Nigeria and Pakistan!

Only if the votes would count . . . . I just weep for Nigeria
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by gerald09(m): 8:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
Finally a project dat actually makes sense. Una don c am abi, government have approved dis money(s) GEJ has signed the check nw the ministries n ministers in charge of d project should be closely watched cos dem fit chop d moni so Nigerians will start blaming jonna. If Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ want progress Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ have to hold the right people responsible.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by seunfly: 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
gerald09: Finally a project dat actually makes sense. Una don c am abi, government have approved dis money(s) GEJ has signed the check nw the ministries n ministers in charge of d project should be closely watched cos dem fit chop d moni so Nigerians will start blaming jonna. If Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ want progress Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ have to hold the right people responsible.
My broda, they don chop the money already, i will advice u to study the article criticaly or u read AMA28 post 4 u get the gist.

1 Like

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan: @Ama28: I partially agree with you. N195 billion (over $1 billion) for feasibility study is certainly on the high side. shocked
That report has many typographical errors, especially with regard to figures. Even most of the modern rail lines will be built thru PPP but that was not reflected in the report.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by seunfly: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
That report has many typographical errors, especially with regard to figures. Even most of the modern rail lines will be built thru PPP but that was not reflected in the report.
Sincere guy how do u know about the original report? do u have access to it? If yes, does that mean that u are an insider? If yes then .....................
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by RedLight1: 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
Rossikk:

Your very existence is an error. Dumb mongoose.
u and insult grin grin
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by RedLight1: 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFCfan:

N1.6 trillion is just under $7 billion cool. Anyway, it ain't far from your $10 billion.
1.6trillion is abt 9.7 or 8 billion dollar
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Policewoman(f): 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
Na today?
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
Good thing! But, they should stop installing old and dead couches on our railways.

1 Like

Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by manuelo130: 2:11am On Mar 19, 2013
Here we go again as usual. In the next year, you will hear stories about who got this contract and how much money has grown wings and flown away
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by tinnymerit(m): 4:10am On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=chadef]All this billions to waste in the name of rail construction. How much will it coast to have a standard refinery in nigeria to be completed before 2015. Nigeria needs this to provide employment for the youth of niger delta.[/quote
You wont believe that a standard refinery cost just 2billion dollars and the prodigal govt is spending trillions on subsidies in a yr,whereas btw 6 to 10 months dey can finish a refinery,wat a waste by this govt.I foresee many of dem in kirikiri and the likes in the next 3 yrs most especially Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and allison madueke
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by Ama28(f): 7:49am On Mar 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I agree with you on the terror on figures but I strongly think its intentional because if its fake news of arresting one ghost boko haram leader, there won't be error.
Let's think of it how can an issue as sensitive as a capital budget of Ministry of Transport prepared by statisticians be error filled. Anyways that's expected in Nigeria.

Look at it more closely this project has time over run, cash over haul and now it still budgetted for every year, any project management expert will crash this project to get results but because people are benefitting from this billions as annual tax free income we still see it in our national budget!

This is so irritating
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by ypzilanti: 8:20am On Mar 19, 2013
PPP is the only way forward for a functional railway system. Pumping money into this without accountability is going to be fruitless venture. The NEPA and NITEL wahala will be child's play when we decide to FINALLY privatize the whole darn thing in next 10 years...if they actually succeed in building the railways.

Despite the usual inflation of contracts and talk talk, its high time the railways was given the attention it deserves.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by PapaBrowne(m): 8:42am On Mar 19, 2013
Fhemmmy:

That is like 10 Billion $$ . . . I honestly wont even make worry about the money/cost as long as we know we are getting reliable trains and not the box that was shown in the pix that i have seen in the other train that was recently done, where people are spending like a day to travel from ONDO - Akure (not too sure of the city oh) to Lagos . . .

But Fhemmy, read that article, look at the figures and rest your optimism. That Lagos Kano line you are referring to had less than 10 Billion Naira($70 million) in budgets and construction costs. That was a basic rehabilitation project of what existed previously. This one stated here has over 100 times that amount in costs so you shouldn't expect the same thing.

Imagine I send you $500 to buy me any car and you come up with a repainted 1985 Chevy Camaro, do I have any right to wonder why you didn't buy a 2010 Camry? Now If I tell you I want to spend $50,000 on a car, now I have the right to demand a Porsche Boxter 2010 even though its used one!!
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by andyzoga: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2013
I just hope that at d end, we won't have d old, rickety, brazilian-used trains with this huge amount o.
Re: FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway by ddeola: 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Na today !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insurgency: FG Commences Rebuilding Of Schools In Yobe / Katsina: Bandits Kill 3 Villagers, Abduct Married Woman / What Is Biafran Flag Doing In This US Protest Arena (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.