Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,793 members, 7,798,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (585047 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Drahmah: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
Please guys, I wanna know what would b d best pretext for me to travel abroad under. I'm a graduate of marketing, but yet to serve. Pls, ur advise is needed. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2013
Drahmah: Please guys, I wanna know what would b d best pretext for me to travel abroad under. I'm a graduate of marketing, but yet to serve. Pls, ur advise is needed. Thank you
....a graduate of marketing should be able to get a postgradute degree in public relation ,a communication related course,a business related course....the pretext for travelling abroad at ur level is tru masters degree studies or postgraduate diploma......go tru dis link and check out the list of public university www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Canada and if u wana narrow ur search down to colleges then go tru dis link www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp .....u still have enough time to explore....check out the course dat suits u and then come back with ur further questions...dia are gurus in d house to help u out.....when will be tru with service?......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
.... I always say this... don't make a mess of everything... ALWAYS go by schools on this list if you LOVE urself...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
Siga: .... I always say this... don't make a mess of everything... ALWAYS go by schools on this list if you LOVE urself...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
...Yes tru...the link i gave out are just for public uni alone and they are all included in ya link sir...so no mess done yet....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by desmondsummit: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hi ogas in the house, please I need your opinion on this, I have a friend who finished with a second class lower degree in industrial chemistry from a University in Nigeria, who wants to travel out to canada for further studies.
please which program do you advice, cos his grade is a bit of problem in getting a masters degree slot.
Is there any post graduate diploma in chemistry or environmental science field that anyone in the house is aware of?
Please your contributions will be highly appreciated.cos he is looking towards applying against next year
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by desmondsummit: 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
ChriGo: ....a graduate of marketing should be able to get a postgradute degree in public relation ,a communication related course,a business related course....the pretext for travelling abroad at ur level is tru masters degree studies or postgraduate diploma......go tru dis link and check out the list of public university www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Canada and if u wana narrow ur search down to colleges then go tru dis link www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp .....u still have enough time to explore....check out the course dat suits u and then come back with ur further questions...dia are gurus in d house to help u out.....when will be tru with service?......

Hi chrigo, please I need your opinion on this, I have a friend who finished with a second class lower degree in industrial chemistry from a University in Nigeria, who wants to travel out to canada for further studies.
please which program do you advice, cos his grade is a bit of problem in getting a masters degree slot.
Is there any post graduate diploma in chemistry or environmental science field that anyone in the house is aware of?
Please your contributions will be highly appreciated.cos he is looking towards applying against next year
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
Shadams:
@ All,

Greetings o. I hail all my ogas at the tops. Like to confirm if anyone has traveled aboard Egyptair in the last one week. I am traveling via Cairo to Toronto, and I like to know the security status of that end. I have called a representative of theirs in Lagos, but I thought I could use the first-hand testimonies of folks who know about Cairo.

Many thanks.

when r u jetting out bro. I jes got my ticket (EGYPTAIR) 185k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
dommakavelli:

Yepa!.....that's about 200k less than what I paid....KLM...I need a refund ASAP grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
efewhoa:
Na soso apple me dey eat since I land. I will do anything to eat eba at this poinT and I cant cook cos I live in residence sad

Don't they have at least a kitchenette you can cook at?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)
1. Olabo_key JUNE 21 Paper route
2. Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
3. Huzzie JULY 16 Paper route
4. Onye oma JULY 17 Paper route
5. Rolatims JULY 28 Paper route
6. Chrigo JULY 30 Paper route
7. Papa km JULY 31 Paper route
8. Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
9. Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
10. Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
11. Humanshado AUGUST 31 Online route
12. Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route
13. Mike SEPTEMBER 6 Online route

N.B- If you have gotten your admission for winter and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2013
desmondsummit:

Hi chrigo, please I need your opinion on this, I have a friend who finished with a second class lower degree in industrial chemistry from a University in Nigeria, who wants to travel out to canada for further studies.
Thanks
....Bro there are postgraduate diploma courses in ur friend's field wella!!....if your friend were to be a computer scientist i would av given you exact postgrad diploma courses cuz comp sci is my field but as for industrial chemistry....hmmm!! i think only ur freind can be able to decide the postgrad diploma course that suits his passion.....all i can do for you is to give you this same link i have given someone earlier www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp please tell ur friend to go tru the colleges and the courses they offer...from there ur friend can choose.....universities too also offers postgraduate courses but when it comes to that colleges are best bet.....damn!!! i hate chemistry grin.........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
ChriGo: ......Na wa oo...see as house dull..... So no medics dis week...na so so Trv......we hope medics follow next week.....sept/jan mixture medics.....warming up...
Amen

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by papakm(m): 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
@Huzzie, when you applied for centennial college the you pay part payment of your tuition fees before getting your offer letter and were you able to access your account on mycentennial.ca. pls can you help me out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
kjbobo:
Yepa!.....that's about 200k less than what I paid....KLM...I need a refund ASAP grin

lol...bro, na one way o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 11:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
ChriGo: ....na true..proposing to kick off january...Bro na only u God create ni?....lol....God dey my side too jare....na january too me wan show......

Yep confirm........we go jam for canny 4 sure...I REP SENECA COLLEGE. U nko?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 11:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
dommakavelli:

lol...bro, na one way o
Mine too was one way now...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:49pm On Sep 07, 2013
ahmedonia4real:

Yep confirm........we go jam for canny 4 sure...I REP SENECA COLLEGE. U nko?
....Lambton college...bros pls drop ur other info to my oga huzzie make he update d list of winter hopeful....tanx...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by monp: 3:16am On Sep 08, 2013
POint Of Entry in Canada CBSA form
For those that have travelled I have a few questions;

What document other than passport and letter of introduction do you need to submit at point of entry.Do you need any financial proof?
Also the question that asks how many days would you be staying in Canada , what have people been putting down, is it the total number of days of the study permit? eg 365 times two years?

For the address column, is it your Nigerian address or where you would be staying in Canada, please advise

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:36am On Sep 08, 2013
monp: POint Of Entry in Canada CBSA form
For those that have travelled I have a few questions;

What document other than passport and letter of introduction do you need to submit at point of entry.Do you need any financial proof?
Also the question that asks how many days would you be staying in Canada , what have people been putting down, is it the total number of days of the study permit? eg 365 times two years?

For the address column, is it your Nigerian address or where you would be staying in Canada, please advise

Thanks
.... All u need is ur passport, letter of Intro and maybe ur admission letter.... U dont need any financial watever....
Na ur study permit days... And na ur school address u go put unless u have any other address u are staying for Canada...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by monp: 5:30am On Sep 08, 2013
So for point of entry cbsa card it is Canada address not nigeria address?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 6:08am On Sep 08, 2013
dommakavelli:

This afternoon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 6:41am On Sep 08, 2013
Goodmorning house, ma flight jst landed in paris. Still have kinda 5hrs more to wait in paris. After dt is to board to toronto. I tnks jah 4 journey mercy soo far. Wish u all a hapy sunday!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sexymma1(f): 7:55am On Sep 08, 2013
I just stumbled on this page, About the Live in Caregiver Program in Canada. Please the gurus in the house, what does it take to get a sponsor over there wre u can work, wat are the odds associated with the job. Is the payment okay, will be able to get a residency and work permit with the program.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:00am On Sep 08, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:
Goodmorning house, ma flight jst landed in paris. Still have kinda 5hrs more to wait in paris. After dt is to board to toronto. I tnks jah 4 journey mercy soo far. Wish u all a hapy sunday!

hi did you need a transit visa to go through paris? If yes how long did it take to acquire it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Karioska(m): 8:40am On Sep 08, 2013
GboyegaD: For those who are seeking a sample of letter to a professor / department, here is a draft to guide you:

I am writing to inquire more about admission into the **** program in ********* offered by your university.
I am a **** year old Nigerian and would love to move into your ****** program in ********** by Fall 2013.
I hold a ***** degree in ***** from ********, Nigeria at ******* level.
I would like to state that reading through your departmental webpage was a wonderful experience and an eye opener to my further studies. Your ******* areas of research fits into mine and would help build my desired career in ********. Also, your faculty profile reveals a department that houses experts in their fields of research which implies an institution where an inquisitive mind like mine will be well groomed.
I have read through some departmental and university profiles and none can compare to yours in terms of the program curriculum as it fits my expectations and, I seek clarifications on the following:
1. **********
2. **********
I would like to know my chances to be offered admission directly into this program and would also like to know the minimum / average GRE scores if required and if I would be exempted from TOEFL having had all my education taught in English Language.
Attached is a copy of my transcripts for your perusal.
As for funding, I am currently saving towards graduate school however, I have not been able to save enough and would love to know the possibility of being shortlisted for the various graduate funding available and also, the possibility of getting students loan.
Finally, what semesters does the department admit students into the **** program?

Regards,

@ Gboyega God go bless you you too much.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2013
Hey laureek,hpe u doing good in canny?I just wanted 2 ask what kind of food where u able to take along wid you when travelling?I would be leaving tuesday and also want 2. Pack some foodstuffs.thanks
laureek: I got the First bank Visa gold card . I tried not to use it all the while because of the charges but I had to today.I think there's a way you can put the money in your bank account and get a card that won't charge u much instead of the nigerian card .I must say Royal bank is a good bank.well I enjoyed their service especially when other banks were telling me I had to book an appointment before they can open an account for me.
So I just got my bearing yesterday after 5days in canada.it's been nice and kinda rough too but now that I have a place ,Bravo!....I can't even believe people eat all the junks I've seen in this place.I've been drinking water and ate little bread like twice.may be with time,I will be able to eat them.so far,Butty for naija,local babe for canada.The food wey I cook this night ehn.choi!!!,e no get part 2.Never smiled cos of food in my entire life.
I didn't have any problem with immigration.when my mum was packing the food in my box,I objected but now I'm happy I brought them.They will finish sha but before that time,I go don dey try for stuffs here.
Great day pple and all the best to all trv awaitees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 9:20am On Sep 08, 2013
ChriGo: ......Na wa oo...see as house dull..... So no medics dis week...na so so Trv......we hope medics follow next week.....sept/jan mixture medics.....warming up...

Amen ooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ahmedonia4real(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2013
ChriGo: ....Lambton college...bros pls drop ur other info to my oga huzzie make he update d list of winter hopeful....tanx...

My info is updated.....many thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 10:10am On Sep 08, 2013
papa km: @Huzzie, when you applied for centennial college the you pay part payment of your tuition fees before getting your offer letter and were you able to access your account on mycentennial.ca. pls can you help me out
No I didnt pay a dime, I used an agency that has partnership with centennial....i didnt even pay application fee. I havent tried mycentennial account, but i would look into it....
@Chrigo...Ahmedonia4real is already on my list.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:14am On Sep 08, 2013
ceo mr ca$h:

wish you journey mercies..which province r u heading to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:37am On Sep 08, 2013
Huzzie:
No I didnt pay a dime, I used an agency that has partnership with centennial....i didnt even pay application fee. I havent tried mycentennial account, but i would look into it....
@Chrigo...Ahmedonia4real is already on my list.
...Oh ok...copied boss...We shall all laugh joyful laughter dis month concerning our visa app....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 10:39am On Sep 08, 2013
dommakavelli:

wish you journey mercies..which province r u heading to.

Newfoundland st john

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.