Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (585897 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thanks @etinosajay. I guess I just like to speak my mind. Sorry if I have caused any Inconvenience to the house

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Both @earthgreeners and @olawunmi samuel don smoke the wrong grass together.... grin grin grin ..... now to finally cap this answer....when I did mine...I no use any parent as dem no carry ....na family friend and my Uncle I use....and I have over 10 people wey use family friends with totally different last names...infact...the letters of the last names no even similar grin grin grin.... I also know few from this forum...just that once una get visa...its hard to see una here again....na collect visa and cut from forum....

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
Even I told him mai dad wasn't around. He said I nid 2 wait 4 him 2 com back or mai mum shuld up her account. They charged me 50k for visa fee, courier n stuffs like dat.. And $1500 for a representative fee (crown immigration service lawyer) 2 represent me during d visa processes. [/quote]

This gives ppl reasons to worry. I know maple wouldn't insist on the parent sponsor thingy. That's for one. This is not an applaud for em o. Just x-raying d issue, especially for ppl who would use third party sponsorship.

Secondly, wat exactly would crown immigration service lawyer do in the applicant's stead? Them dey guarantee visa? I know say ppl go say, no agent can guarantee u visa. So what form of representation does the crown peeps do on the applicants behalf to earn them $1500?

Those are my thoughts though, buh, this forum got what anyone needs to independently put together a sound visa application. Na God sure pass sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Thanks @etinosajay. I guess I just like to speak my mind. Sorry if I have caused any Inconvenience to the house

You are alright bro. No apologies required from my end, maybe some to @earthgreeners. Buh the thing is, its tiring for people to repost answers. I remember posting to ask @olufemi14 a Question dis morning, and I noticed he had answered d question. I quickly modified my post, and asked a different Q. I know you are an intelligent person, and the more time you spend on this forum, the more you'll know things. All for one, one for all, God for all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: once again! I repeat. the question was directed towards the guys that recently got their visas.

And there's no harm in asking To clear a doubt. That's why this forum was created in the first place.

And I have no problem with you earth greener, just surprised you would come up with "you are not fit for this thread" statement. Its demeaning.

Pls let's kill the issue and move on.

I'm sorry Boss... We might end up meeting at MUN....
Who is your sponsor?...and why are you so worried about sponsorship?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
Siga: Both @earthgreeners and @olawunmi samuel don smoke the wrong grass together.... grin grin grin ..... now to finally cap this answer....when I did mine...I no use any parent as dem no carry ....na family friend and my Uncle I use....and I have over 10 people wey use family friends with totally different last names...infact...the letters of the last names no even similar grin grin grin.... I also know few from this forum...just that once una get visa...its hard to see una here again....na collect visa and cut from forum....

You are spot on bro...lotta people might collect em trv, and no longer show up here. Their contribution would av given prospective applicants current information for planning their application. I can't say I have an explanation to that, buh, thankfully we still have people like you to share your wealth of experience, and @fhemmmy comes in too to share his knowledge. May God bless us all. Fact is, it gives much joy to be able to help people suceed. Guys, think about that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
earthgreeners:

9ice1 @ earthgreeners..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
olufemi14: @Kayce43: Tanx bro.. Awaiting urs dis wk by God's grace.. And to oda Medical n TRV awaitees, God'll surely answer ur prayers.. 1ce again. Tanx n God bless
@olawunmi: Conestoga college, Kitchener, Ontario.
Amen tanks broda,we heading to exactly d same place, same campus , we will certainly meet by Gods grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
Etinosajay:

You are spot on bro...lotta people might collect em trv, and no longer show up here. Their contribution would av given prospective applicants current information for planning their application. I can't say I have an explanation to that, buh, thankfully we still have people like you to share your wealth of experience, and @fhemmmy comes in too to share his knowledge. May God bless us all. Fact is, it gives much joy to be able to help people suceed. Guys, think about that

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
Any1 heading to mun pls?
I enquired frm MUN abt how to pay tuition from nigeria.
The officer said I can't pay until i arrive canny..it's kinda strange.
Pls, is dere anyone wey don pay to MUN b4?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2precious: 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
Congrat kenniy. kayce we are seriously awaiting ur trv, this week isn't ending without it

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
Anyone applying for Lambton college?? I am yet to see someone talk about Lambton here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
earthgreeners:

I'm sorry too. Should not have said some things.

My sponsor is a very complicated person, very busy man and he does not have time. He's my dad's friend and has been sponsoring my education from secondary school since my dad passed away.

He told me to choose the uk but I forced the canada thing on him. He's not 100% behind this canada thing and I really have no concrete evidence to show a relationship.

I don't want to go through all the stress of applying to canadian embassy and at the end, I will now be denied on grounds of "incredible sponsor". The man would just vex and close my chapter.

This is my headache cause he also said we can't process both uk and canadian admissions. I have to choose one. So once I start the canadian application, there's no turning back.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
dommakavelli: Any1 heading to mun pls?

Contact the International Office for enquiry

Or go on MUN live chat....

I think you can pay deposit.
From Observation, they would only accept deposit when the embassy tells you to do so.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Etinisajay, I think the agency are trying to gain a high confidence level.... They wanna make sure ur application gat no comma, reason they insist you use your parent (abi u no want make dem make profit)...

That's another proof that agents dont guarantee Visa, they only boost ur chances as ''TRUSTED'' by the Canadian Embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
2_precious: Congrat kenniy. kayce we are seriously awaiting ur trv, this week isn't ending without it
Amen tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by biolabee(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel:

I'm sorry too. Should not have said some things.

My sponsor is a very complicated person, very busy man and he does not have time. He's my dad's friend and has been sponsoring my education from secondary school since my dad passed away.

He told me to choose the uk but I forced the canada thing on him. He's not 100% behind this canada thing and I really have no concrete evidence to show a relationship.

I don't want to go through all the stress of applying to canadian embassy and at the end, I will now be denied on grounds of "incredible sponsor". The man would just vex and close my chapter.

This is my headache cause he also said we can't process both uk and canadian admissions. I have to choose one. So once I start the canadian application, there's no turning back.

i dont know much but from following this thread for a while i suggest you do this

Get a letter from the sponsor stating his relationship to you and that he has handled your economic responsibilities from time
Also you can attach evidence of payments for prior educational attaiments. A bank statement or copies of bank drafts should be helpful

Good of u to step down.. eathgreeners has been helpful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
biolabee:

i dont know much but from following this thread for a while i suggest you do this

Get a letter from the sponsor stating his relationship to you and that he has handled your economic responsibilities from time
Also you can attach evidence of payments for prior educational attaiments. A bank statement or copies of bank drafts should be helpful

Good of u to step down.. eathgreeners has been helpful

That what I did! I share similar situation with him! I also included pics ! And Atm transactions between us!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: I am.

Have u gotten the hard copy of your admission letter?
If yes, how long does it take?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nobleman01: 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hello wonderful house, pls I would like to know what kind of tests is contained in the medicals for canadian student visa. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
@ olawunmi_samuel ....story of my life....when i did mine...na only my mama had faith in the whole process....so, no worry...if its urs..u will get it....I am sure ur sponsor don transfer money to u several times....print all ur bank statements ...also, ensure u hammer am well that when ur dad passed...he stepped up in taking care of u...a lawyer notarised letter by ur sponsor will go along way....and ask ur sponsor to state clearly why he has been sponsoring u ...I mean, what does he stand to gain....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by biolabee(m): 10:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
excellent comments for u dude... if u ask nicely people will always be helpful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
nobleman01: Hello wonderful house, pls I would like to know what kind of tests is contained in the medicals for canadian student visa. Thank you.
...u dey fear....I dont think u should worry about the kinda test bro...even me wey be Super playa back in the days wink wink wink , no fear...I passed the test with Grade A.....just go do the test and collect ur visa....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thanks biola bee and siga. Unfortunately, no bank statements. The man gives me cash. I go to his office when I need money and he gives me cash. Although I'll try and get some invoice from his accountant, sometimes when I get money from her, the accountant writes an invoice.

I'll get the statement from him also.

As for the pics, I have none. I'll try and take a couple with him.

Thanks for the contributions. God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by biolabee(m): 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Thanks biola bee and siga. Unfortunately, no bank statements. The man gives me cash. I go to his office when I need money and he gives me cash. Although I'll try and get some invoice from his accountant, sometimes when I get money from her, the accountant writes an invoice.

I'll get the statement from him also.

As for the pics, I have none. I'll try and take a couple with him.

Thanks for the contributions. God bless.

Ok..sad what of receipts of the payments he made for you
that can also serve
You can notarise them sayong they were paid by the man

House what do you think
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
Nope. I only got a mail saying my application has been approveed by department and when the offer is ready they will courier it to me. So I'm guessing in 2 or 3 weeks time.
dommakavelli:

Have u gotten the hard copy of your admission letter?
If yes, how long does it take?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
@ olawunmi_samuel....Quick one....what does ur sponsor do? Im trying to get somewhere with this....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lus5(f): 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2013

Hi dommakavelli, I i'm heading to mun this spring(UG) , done my medical aweeting TRV. Concerning payment of tuition you can pay with visa/master card through your memorial self-service. If you don't have a credit card you can do a transfer. email ghanson@mun.ca for transfer details nd information abt payment of tuition. Abeg add me in ur prayers so that we can both meet at mun.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 10:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
Siga: @ olawunmi_samuel....Quick one....what does ur sponsor do? Im trying to get somewhere with this....

he owns a real estate firm.. why do u ask?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel:

he owns a real estate firm.. why do u ask?
....No rush...person wey we dey carry bride come meet, no dey stretch neck grin .... now...which program are you going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
Etinosajay:

Reputable agent to charge you #50k? Idk ooo...besides dat aint for no prof charges. Police clearance, u can do personally @Alagbon for 4-5k. Courier fee, u don't need. @vfs, u don't need it. Even if u submit ur visa app to CDHC directly, they'll send ur processed stuff to vfs for u to collect. So I really dunno wat an agent'll do for u for #50k.

Noted...though I wanted to say visa processing fee instead of police clearance certificate.
Not really interested shaa. I'm very σωкαу with my free agent NAIRALAND (the highest and most trusted agent for Canadian student TRV)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.