Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486823 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Deolu1993: 11:29am On Oct 16, 2013
Hey guys I will like to find out if it is still possible for a student to get an admission for spring term, undergraduate in engineering.your replies are highly welcome.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:53am On Oct 16, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:54am On Oct 16, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys I will like to find out if it is still possible for a student to get an admission for spring term, undergraduate in engineering.your replies are highly welcome.thanks
If your document are ready, check on arkansas state university jonesboro. I think their application deadline is november 1st. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:57am On Oct 16, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys I will like to find out if it is still possible for a student to get an admission for spring term, undergraduate in engineering.your replies are highly welcome.thanks

Sir do u mean spring 2014 or 2015? If the former, I'm afraid it might be too late. By now, most schools are done with admission decisions. Besides, having the time to register, prepare and sit for tests (SAT and/or TOEFL) might not be feasible now. Most schools will require either or both of those tests for Undergrad admission. This is October. If you are thorough with ur search, u could get 1 or 2 schools sha but I doubt it. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:58am On Oct 16, 2013
lisadem: Hello house,
What's happening? This Spring season is kinda dull in terms reading NLder's success story. Just 1 (Mandy) so far.
Make una do sharp sharp. If you are the next person to share your success story, lemme hear you say Hi grin

Wishing all spring applicants best of luck in their forthcoming interview.

To the guys who are keeping the thread alive, I hail Bo$$ imperiouxx (will still call you sir), Biggie (next available flight to Maryland) , Amefrica (#TeamNeverGiveUp), godG ( I gbadun your style, don't ever be intimidated.), Ricky, De Tus , Kunlebal ...

Peace out!

I Hail you our Yankee Boss...
grin grin

Don't worry, you will soon start seeing lots of Suceess Stories here on NL..

Lots of my Pallies here on NL are going for the Spring 2014 Semester.. Many of em are getting warmed up to Hit the US Embassy soonest.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tochium:

Yes I have sent him the link to this thread this morning. If anyone on here knows any averagely ranked schs that accept 2.5 cgpa, letting me me kw the sch names isn't bad. I have limited knowledge abt m.sc cos I am going for b.sc.

Oga, google it. Let 'Schools that accept 2.5 undergraduate CGPA for MSC admission' be your search query. You should have more than u need.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nov2(m): 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
Jt need ur help, want to file for another visa application but am kind of confused.

What happened is that the last time applied I said I was not currently working but filled d other job histories, but now don't know if I sud say am working or I sud say am not? and if I sud say am not what and what can I do to enhance my application?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
obotubong: my ogas in the house, the school i applied to sent me my i20 indicating my program as liberal art and sciences but when i applied, i applied for criminal justice, me just confuse oo cos i don't even no wat is liberal not to talk of art and science undecided. i have been researching steady online cos i guess i have to defend it to the vo as if dats wat i really want. the only good news about it is dat i guess its only NOUN dat offers it in niaja grin so it wud be a good reason to want to go study it in yankee.

They may not ask. Liberal art and Science is like main division where we have Science, social science, art etc. Therefore, everyone going for any department under Science, social science (where CJ belongs) or art is going to Liberal art and Science.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obotubong: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

They may not ask. Liberal art and Science is like main division where we have Science, social science, art etc. Therefore, everyone going for any department under Science, social science (where CJ belongs) or art is going to Liberal art and Science.

thanks man, cos my head don dey work on am since
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by StrangeMan619: 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bros and Sissys, Una well done ooo! Please I would like to make an enquiry about US visa. I have dis white Lady that has been my friend on a social media network for about 2 yrs now. She also calls me on phone and we talk a lot. She has sent so many gifts to me via courier. And I send to her too. I talk with her family members too. So, she talked about inviting me to d US as soon as possible. I have HND and working and earns about 100k monthly. I've only travelled to Malaysia for a UN workshop in 2010. So my question is, What are my chances of getting a US visa tru dis invitation. What are d documents she needs to send 4 visa processing? Advice me on what to do! Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hello!

Does anyone know about embassy's copy of statement of account I got my mum's BS with a reference letter from the bank addressing it to the embassy..

What does it look like? Cuz I haven't seen or heard of one b4.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Amefrica: Hello!

Does anyone know about embassy's copy of statement of account I got my mum's BS with a reference letter from the bank addressing it to the embassy..

What does it look like? Cuz I haven't seen or heard of one b4.

I dont think it is called Embassy's copy of statement but the one i saw before is just a letter from the bank which serve as a back up letter as prove of ownership including the bank statement too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
StrangeMan619: Bros and Sissys, Una well done ooo! Please I would like to make an enquiry about US visa. I have dis white Lady that has been my friend on a social media network for about 2 yrs now. She also calls me on phone and we talk a lot. She has sent so many gifts to me via courier. And I send to her too. I talk with her family members too. So, she talked about inviting me to d US as soon as possible. I have HND and working and earns about 100k monthly. I've only travelled to Malaysia for a UN workshop in 2010. So my question is, What are my chances of getting a US visa tru dis invitation. What are d documents she needs to send 4 visa processing? Advice me on what to do! Thank you!

You apply for school to send you document called I-20 but i dont think you going for school cos this your questions sound as visiting.. If you want Visiting visa or Fiance visa just go to the thread cos this section strictly for USA STUDENT VISA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
lisadem: Hello house,
What's happening? This Spring season is kinda dull in terms reading NLder's success story. Just 1 (Mandy) so far.
Make una do sharp sharp. If you are the next person to share your success story, lemme hear you say Hi grin

Wishing all spring applicants best of luck in their forthcoming interview.

To the guys who are keeping the thread alive, I hail Bo$$ imperiouxx (will still call you sir), Biggie (next available flight to Maryland) , Amefrica (#TeamNeverGiveUp), godG ( I gbadun your style, don't ever be intimidated.), Ricky, De Tus , Kunlebal ...

Peace out!

Thanks for your best wishes and we shall join you people over there soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hello house,

Quite a long time. Trying to understand the system. Wish you all NL members the best.

Does anyone know the process of changing to permanent resident from an F1 VISA, the cost and how long it takes to get the green card. My wife filed I-130 for me in march and was approved in August 2013, before I travelled with an F1 VISA.

Thank you all as I await your response.

Again, wish you all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
foohard: Hello house,

Quite a long time. Trying to understand the system. Wish you all NL members the best.

Does anyone know the process of changing to permanent resident from an F1 VISA, the cost and how long it takes to get the green card. My wife filed I-130 for me in march and was approved in August 2013, before I travelled with an F1 VISA.

It usually take 6 to 7 months once everything is cleared.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Walspring:

I dont think it is called Embassy's copy of statement but the one i saw before is just a letter from the bank which serve as a back up letter as prove of ownership including the bank statement too.

Thanks man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
foohard: Hello house,

Now, you need to file forms I-485 (Application to adjust status), I-1765 (Application for employment eligibility) and if you want to travel in between, form I-131 (Advanced parole). When submitting these, do not forget to include form I-797(Notice of action that your I-130 was approved).

You shouldn't spend more than $2k to file. This includes payment to a surgeon for the compulsory medical examinations. I would advise you not to use a lawyer since your case is straight forward. All supporting documents needed to proof legit marriage can be found on the USCIS website.

All things being equal, you should expect to be a LPR between 3-6 months of filing. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
OjaP:

Now, you need to file forms I-485 (Application to adjust status), I-1765 (Application for employment eligibility) and if you want to travel in between, form I-131 (Advanced parole). When submitting these, do not forget to include form I-797(Notice of action that your I-130 was approved).

You shouldn't spend more than $2k to file. This includes payment to a surgeon for the compulsory medical examinations. I would advise you not to use a lawyer since your case is straight forward. All supporting documents needed to proof legit marriage can be found on the USCIS website.

All things being equal, you should expect to be a LPR between 3-6 months of filing. All the best.

Thanks boss. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
foohard:

Thanks boss. God bless you

You're most welcome. God bless you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sup House, my friend just call me know from western union office @ texas (usa)that he can't pay sevis fee for somebody else if he's not paying for himself.
They said the person sending the money has to be present with id to send it according to western union rule
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
OjaP:

You're most welcome. God bless you too.

Sorry, I forgot to ask. Who is suppose to do the filing, me or my wife?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

It usually take 6 to 7 months once everything is cleared.

Thanks bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nov2(m): 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
It depends the type of visa that u want

quote author=StrangeMan619]Bros andSissys, Una well done ooo! Please I would like to make an enquiry about US visa. I have dis white Lady that has been my friend on a social media network for about 2 yrs now. She also calls me on phone and we talk a lot. She has sent so many gifts to me via courier. And I send to her too. I talk with her family members too. So, she talked about inviting me to d US as soon as possible. I have HND and working and earns about 100k monthly. I've only travelled to Malaysia for a UN workshop in 2010. So my question is, What are my chances of getting a US visa tru dis invitation. What are d documents she needs to send 4 visa processing? Advice me on what to do! Thank you![/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 11:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
foohard:

Sorry, I forgot to ask. Who is suppose to do the filing, me or my wife?

Thanks.

We shouldn't derail this thread. You can send me a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
kunlebal: Sup House, my friend just call me know from western union office @ texas (usa)that he can't pay sevis fee for somebody else if he's not paying for himself.
They said the person sending the money has to be present with id to send it according to western union rule

I think there is a way someone usually help people to pay sevis fee via WU in usa and after the payment the person will email DHS to correct the names to the real name on the Sevis Id Number, just check sevis/dhs/ice website to find out more on frequently asked questions

Just ask him to try another WU outlet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by shynepapin101: 12:20am On Oct 17, 2013
OjaP:

His wife should know better, moreso, all that is needed is provided online, Google has been my best friend.

I'm nt sure about this, though; it might depend on the state but I know it's their investigation that matters, even if you ain't followed, you could be watched, depending on your present status.

Last time I checked, all happened there not to me though but my brother, change of status took him 3 months, but got his gc took 6 months to authenticate. According to him all payment totalled $4k5, despite everything being real, there's eyes everywhere.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 12:24am On Oct 17, 2013
Walspring, I see you...thanks for the other time, it will interest you to know I have made steady progress on the SAT form, the only problem is the Questionaire at the back, I have no idea what they are talking about but since it's not compulsory I'm considering leaving it blank.
Good day, guys, is there by any means anyone majoring in literature or any other related course here?, please I've a question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by shynepapin101: 12:26am On Oct 17, 2013
kunlebal: Sup House, my friend just call me know from western union office @ texas (usa)that he can't pay sevis fee for somebody else if he's not paying for himself.

Sometimes, willing isn't close to trying, he would have being told or he would have been asked to visit the DHS web. The best alternative is through money order & via express mail, took 36 hours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 1:01am On Oct 17, 2013
shynepapin101:

His wife should know better, moreso, all that is needed is provided online, Google has been my best friend.

I'm nt sure about this, though; it might depend on the state but I know it's their investigation that matters, even if you ain't followed, you could be watched, depending on your present status.

Last time I checked, all happened there not to me though but my brother, change of status took him 3 months, but got his gc took 6 months to authenticate. According to him all payment totalled $4k5, despite everything being real, there's eyes everywhere.

- His wife may not know better. You will be surprised that many people in the US don't even know anything about visa or how to help friends or families with visa parole. How would the wife even know better when she is not an immigration lawyer?

- Since you are not sure on your second point, I won't hold you on it. But for record purpose, Biometrics + Form I-485 cost a total of $1070. The poster already have a form I-130 (costs $420) that has been approved. This summed together is less than $1500. The only thing he would be paying for aside I-485 is medical examination which in most cases is between $200-$500 depending on the surgeon. Assuming a medical examination of even $1k (not even possible), the poster would still be spending less than $2500. You should ask your brother how he got to pay $4k5. Well, maybe he paid a lawyer, I can't rule that out. Again, if you will file yourself without a lawyer, you will never spend up to $4k5.

- What do you mean by change of status and GC? Your status can only change when your application is approved, when you pass the interview. And like I said earlier, this usually happen within 2-6months of filing. I have seen people get it in 2months. You should get your green card in the mail within 2-3weeks after you have been approved. I don't understand what you meant by change of status and authenticating. Please explain better.

- Lastly, we are all watched in the US if you don't know and not only people adjusting status. Although, they conduct a background check on these sets of people but why would you care about who is watching you or even investigating if your marriage is genuine? More reason why I said the poster's case is straight forward and doesn't need a lawyer. He only needs to file properly and go for interview.

Let's always get our facts right before coming here to confuse people please.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 1:38am On Oct 17, 2013
H
OjaP:

- His wife may not know better. You will be surprised that many people in the US don't even know anything about visa or how to help friends or families with visa parole. How would the wife even know better when she is not an immigration lawyer?

- Since you are not sure on your second point, I won't hold you on it. But for record purpose, Biometrics + Form I-485 cost a total of $1070. The poster already have a form I-130 (costs $420) that has been approved. This summed together is less than $1500. The only thing he would be paying for aside I-485 is medical examination which in most cases is between $200-$500 depending on the surgeon. Assuming a medical examination of even $1k (not even possible), the poster would still be spending less than $2500. You should ask your brother how he got to pay $4k5. Well, maybe he paid a lawyer, I can't rule that out. Again, if you will file yourself without a lawyer, you will never spend up to $4k5.

- What do you mean by change of status and GC? Your status can only change when your application is approved, when you pass the interview. And like I said earlier, this usually happen within 2-6months of filing. I have seen people get it in 2months. You should get your green card in the mail within 2-3weeks after you have been approved. I don't understand what you meant by change of status and authenticating. Please explain better.

- Lastly, we are all watched in the US if you don't know and not only people adjusting status. Although, they conduct a background check on these sets of people but why would you care about who is watching you or even investigating if your marriage is genuine? More reason why I said the poster's case is straight forward and doesn't need a lawyer. He only needs to file properly and go for interview.

Let's always get our facts right before coming here to confuse people please.
Are you an Immigration Lawyer Pls? I need help with something of that nature. Will send you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:51am On Oct 17, 2013
Ms Nas: H
Are you an Immigration Lawyer Pls? I need help with something of that nature. Will send you a PM

Ok, still you want to marry that white boy I told you not to abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.