Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486876 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
webstradamus:

You gat jokes bro ... grin

But seriously have you tried ITS, Academic Computing Center or Library? They're usually the highest employers of CS/IT majors. Might be very competitive but grad students (with prior work experience) usually have an edge. And how about summer internship? Hope you've secured one or are at least close to securing one. You'd be amazed at the ginormous opportunities out there on Dice/Indeed/SimplyHired (hope am not be preaching to the choir here wink).

Lol

Thanks bro....

OjaP:

You said it all.

And if Kpolli is in California, I would advise him to apply to Aera Energy based in Bakersfield, California. They are looking for summer Interns in their IT department.

My sure bros always looking out for me

Yvete: Thought this is about on-campus jobs undecided

Won't be harmful getting an internship hun
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mamacita007: who rejected you?
kpolli: Kitchen

LMAO!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jasperyct(m): 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
Guyz hep me wit TOEFL and GRE dom @ j.ogundimu@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yvete: Thought this is about on-campus jobs undecided

I think you need to stay close to the Indians cos' they get everything. I've always thought you had a job as a Computer Lab Assistant or tech support guy. If there's going to be a career fair at the convention, its imperative that you attend.

Indians slyed me twice, I keep my distance and watch my back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
kpolli:

Indians slyed me twice, I keep my distance and watch my back

I believe you. They only help themselves.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
kpolli: Indians slyed me twice, I keep my distance and watch my back

Oh yea? Never really fancied being a part of their "circle" till I realized that they share past exam questions and stuff. Then I ushered myself in. smiley The familiarity started this semester anyways.

Hope you find favor with the internships and job hunt. Thats all my resume used to be about; internships here and there. You need to attend more career fairs too. By the way, be willing to start with small companies that sponsor before you worry about bigger corporations. The transition will get easier overtime.

You status shall NOT die! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kennyakobo: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
flynbird: Hey guys. Been pretty busy lately. Got my toefl scores 91. Getting my trascripts evaluted. Whoever is in ibadan and needs toefl material can let me know as I have the cd of it.. Best of luck to all smiley
Please I'm interested in the materials. I stay at akobo, how do I get them? Please reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
imperiouxx: Yvete.....my hater number 1 grin

I'll soon embark on a 6hrs+ journey to Santa Fe for the NM-INBRE conference. Abeg Yvete, wish me well here so that you don't become hater-enemy number +1. grin

SUCCESS! Loved the poster (Sorry, I didn't see it earlier).
Wish you can record the presentation, just for laughs!! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
kpolli:

Lol

Thanks bro, was about booking ticket back to naija, wud try this companies asap....

Back to naija ke? God no go gree!!! Unless na Chevron/Exxon/Shell etc grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yvete:

Oh yea? Never really fancied being a part of their "circle" till I realized that they share past exam questions and stuff. Then I ushered myself in. smiley The familiarity just started this semester anyways.

Hope you find favor with the internships and job hunt. Thats all my resume used to be about; internships here and there. You need to attend more career fairs too. By the way, be willing to start with small companies that sponsor before you worry about bigger companies. The transition will get easier overtime.

You status shall NOT DIE! grin

Indians and dumps sha .... that's their forte! I benefited immensely from them last semester grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 10:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
kpolli: PAUSE!!!!!

Did you just say I dunno how to cook Darling, you need to know what these hands can do... I am a chef in the kitchen, sef now am going to cook egusi

Please dont go back to naija. Its only on saturday or sunday that i use for cooking naija soup becos of my roomate. One day i was making stew and she left the door open and started spraying her air freshner so since then i just stopped cooking when shes not here for peace to reign.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mamacita007:

Please dont go back to naija. Its only on saturday or sunday that i use for cooking naija soup becos of my roomate. One day i was making stew and she left the door open and started spraying her air freshner so since then i just stopped cooking when shes not here for peace to reign.
Lol!
I refuse to talk about my stocfish experience. lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
moroh: Lol!

Dont go and fight anybody oo. What happened? lloooolll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 11:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
moroh:
Lol!

Lmao...Me i wrap my own like 7 times....I refuse to be a laughing stock fish grin grin grin because these people can mock person eh! lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 11:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mamacita007:

Can u imagine...spraying air freshener ...I go love-vendor slap am.... they food is irritating to me too. I sharply locate one African resturant here....but its $12 per meal sad sad....but i go still chop na... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
Anthonymighty: Can u imagine...spraying air freshener ...I go love-vendor slap am.... they food is irritating to me too. I sharply locate one African resturant here....but its $12 per meal sad sad....but i go still chop na... grin grin grin

lloooll no problem sha i just ignored her. kpolli my chef will teach u how to cook. cheesy grin With only $10 you can cook a big pot of okro soup with chicken drumsticks. Its better to use habanero fresh pepper than dry pepper for soup. I usually buy my own from walmart. The only thing is that am already tired of eating chicken. in fact i just hate chicken right now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux(m): 1:07am On Mar 23, 2013
Yvete: This is one of the reasons why i do NOT waste my time with people that would NOT apply to the right schools or refuse to write GRE.
#ColdBlooded.. cool
And to those of you that refuse to disclose the name of your school, good luck!

Pls Nairalanders, I v applied to Troy Uni Alabama nd Alabama A&M uni, am abt applying to Kansas State uni...pls are these schz OK Waiting in anticipation...tnxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:40am On Mar 23, 2013
syahboy: Please can anyone help me with GRE and TOEFL materials, I'll really appreciate Jasonvbassey@gmail.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 2:19am On Mar 23, 2013
Mamacita007:

And you didn't use slap to bring her senses back? My roommate loves the smell but it's too spicy for him

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 2:20am On Mar 23, 2013
Mamacita007:

lloooll no problem sha i just ignored her. kpolli my chef will teach u how to cook. cheesy grin With only $10 you can cook a big pot of okro soup with chicken drumsticks. Its better to use habanero fresh pepper than dry pepper for soup. I usually buy my own from walmart. The only thing is that am already tired of eating chicken. in fact i just hate chicken right now.

Chef Kpolli in the house, what do u wanna learn?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 5:45am On Mar 23, 2013
iamchux: Pls Nairalanders, I v applied to Troy Uni Alabama nd Alabama A&M uni, am abt applying to Kansas State uni...pls are these schz OK Waiting in anticipation...tnxx

Your school selection is fine. Good luck!
Please do not strictly rely on rankings as the sole criteria for school selection. It cannot tell you which schools best fit your background and career goals. Determine which program in what city & state offer opportunities for your growth, long-term career and personal aspirations.

Its nobody's business what schools you decide to attend, but you may not get any sympathy if you apply to certain schools that have been discussed on this thread. When you get accepted, take time to read part 3, at least.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 5:56am On Mar 23, 2013
webstradamus: Indians and dumps sha .... that's their forte! I benefited immensely from them last semester grin grin grin

Yea, thats why they're always in groups.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 6:04am On Mar 23, 2013
kpolli: Chef Kpolli in the house, what do u wanna learn?

Lol. See Kpolli feeling like he's got his own Maggi Kitchen show running on the Food Network channel.
#PrayingForYa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:19am On Mar 23, 2013
jasperyct: Guyz hep me wit TOEFL and GRE dom @ j.ogundimu@yahoo.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 7:15am On Mar 23, 2013
kennyakobo:
Please I'm interested in the materials. I stay at akobo, how do I get them? Please reply.

How often do u go to Dugbe or U.I ? We can meet in any one of those places so I'll give u the material
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 8:25am On Mar 23, 2013
@slimmy05

Are activities are not going unnoticed and your ban is hovering around.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 23, 2013
Ghenghen!
justwise: @slimmy05

Are activities are not going unnoticed and your ban is hovering around.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Karpurt: 10:26am On Mar 23, 2013
Pls I would like to confirm if Louisiana state university (LSU)
demand for enrollment deposit before issuing the i-20 form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ardewharle(m): 11:17am On Mar 23, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Sent.
@bigfrancis21(pls send me a copy of the gre and toefl material (mail.adewale@yahoo.com)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kennyakobo: 11:44am On Mar 23, 2013
flynbird:

How often do u go to Dugbe or U.I ? We can meet in any one of those places so I'll give u the material

those are my routes. please send me an email at kennyakobo at yahoo dot com. Just tell me what number I can reach you on.
I'll be looking forward to reading from you soon.
thanks sis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.