Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,995 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486465 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
Please House, Can a High school fresh graduate without WAEC original result start processing admission??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2013
gr8ever: Please House, Can a High school fresh graduate without WAEC original result start processing admission??

Yes Somehow. You can negotiate something with the school but you must have your originals later on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
Mamacita007:

lloooll no problem sha i just ignored her. kpolli my chef will teach u how to cook. cheesy grin With only $10 you can cook a big pot of okro soup with chicken drumsticks. Its better to use habanero fresh pepper than dry pepper for soup. I usually buy my own from walmart. The only thing is that am already tired of eating chicken. in fact i just hate chicken right now.

Me i sabi cook too o. Do you know where im from? I can cook very well but i just dont have time to cook yet. thats why

Kpoli....You feeling like one big chef o....Oya come teach me some na....Hope you dont use manual to cook sha grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Yes Somehow. You can negotiate something with the school but you must have your originals later on.

Thanks Anthonymighty, but what if the VO asked for it during interview?? Wont it be a disadvantage?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2013
gr8ever:

Thanks Anthonymighty, but what if the VO asked for it during interview?? Wont it be a disadvantage?

Waec?? No i dont think they will..its schools that ask for that before admission not embassy..And that is Also the more reason why you have to write there own recognized exam: SAT/TOEFL/GRE/GMAT just do one of 'em all. so you show them that... when they ask "did you take any exam" cheers buddie

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idoo4love: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
Yvete: Thought this is about on-campus jobs undecided

I think you need to stay close to the Indians cos' they get everything. I've always thought you had a job as a Computer Lab Assistant or tech support guy. If there's going to be a career fair at the convention, its imperative that you attend.
hey friend..hw r u doing?..and thanks for ur comments in time past...and hw was ur exams....am nw in NY ...whats ur fb name?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 9:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
Anthonymighty:

Waec?? No i dont think they will..its schools that ask for that before admission not embassy..And that is Also the more reason why you have to write there own recognized exam: SAT/TOEFL/GRE/GMAT just do one of 'em all. so you show them that... when they ask "did you take any exam" cheers buddie

GRE/GMAT bawo? Undergraduate studies fa!!

@house, excuse my french
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
@mamacita and kpolli..thanks for the response, i will def write it.

@flynbird. congrats, pls am in ib and i need the toefl cd, how do i get it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 4:07am On Mar 24, 2013
Yvete:

Lol. See Kpolli feeling like he's got his own Maggi Kitchen show running on the Food Network channel.

Hey, since you're so close to Houston, you need to expand your job search to attend career fairs in the area. I don't see the need to travel so far away if you're job-hunting especially if you attend LSU. Unless you would like to work elsewhere then thats Okay. April 1st is just a few days away. This is the season to be aggressive! cheesy #PrayingForYa

Maybe I would that, thanks... smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Just4mide: 11:47am On Mar 24, 2013
Hello guys please I aving my visa appointment on the 15th of next month please can I take my waec result Internet print out with scratch card to verify it to the embassy or the original waec certificate from WAEC?Also my dad is sponsoring me and my cousin and our we are fix on the same date for the visa interview and using the same bank statement.Hope that won't be a problem please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
Just4mide: Hello guys please I aving my visa appointment on the 15th of next month please can I take my waec result Internet print out with scratch card to verify it to the embassy or the original waec certificate from WAEC?Also my dad is sponsoring me and my cousin and our we are fix on the same date for the visa interview and using the same bank statement.Hope that won't be a problem please?
I'll suggest you take internet print out along side statement of result from your school and scratch card. I think the VO will only be interested in your SAT and TOEFL result. For your dad sponsoring you and your cousin isn't a bad idea. You will be meeting a different VO depending.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Just4mide: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimmy05: I'll suggest you take internet print out along side statement of result from your school and scratch card. I think the VO will only be interested in your SAT and TOEFL result. For your dad sponsoring you and your cousin isn't a bad idea. You will be meeting a different VO depending.
Thanks I also have my waec certificate can I also take along instead of the statement or the print out with scatch card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
Just4mide:
Thanks I also have my waec certificate can I also take along instead of the statement or the print out with scatch card
your waec certificate is ok my dear. I didn't know you have it. Since you have the waec cert then you're good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Just4mide: 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimmy05: your waec certificate is ok my dear. I didn't know you have it. Since you have the waec cert then you're good to go.
Thanks I am very greatful please can I have your email address as I still have more questions to ask you maybe your FB contact could be better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
olsmade:

GRE/GMAT bawo? Undergraduate studies fa!!

@house, excuse my french

I was only giving him examples of their recognized exams. His school requirements will tell him which of them to write. Besides if you do GRE/GMAT and pass very well dont you think the VO would be impressed that an Undergrad passed a graduate exam very well. He might just give him visa without asking any question again....You never can tell buddie. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
Anthonymighty:

I was only giving him examples of their recognized exams. His school requirements will tell him which of them to write. Besides if you do GRE/GMAT and pass very well dont you think the VO would be impressed that an Undergrad passed a graduate exam very well. He might just give him visa without asking any question again....You never can tell buddie. grin

Aite bro - i hear you wink im a boston hopeful btw. In at harvard for mph this fall. Hope u r enjoying the place
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2013
Anthonymighty:

I was only giving him examples of their recognized exams. His school requirements will tell him which of them to write. [b]Besides if you do GRE/GMAT and pass very well dont you think the VO would be impressed that an Undergrad passed a graduate exam very well. He might just give him visa without asking any question again[/b]You never can tell buddie. grin

A prospective undergrad has no business whatsoever taking the GRE/GMAT in lieu of SAT/TOEFL ... the VO will not be impressed if they do! The student will only come off as confused; not knowing their left from their right. Just my thoughts ... I may be wrong though smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
webstradamus:

A prospective undergrad has no business whatsoever taking the GRE/GMAT in lieu of SAT/TOEFL ... the VO will not be impressed if they do! The student will only come off as confused; not knowing their left from their right. Just my thoughts ... I may be wrong though smiley

You are not wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Dot1(m): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
@ Flynbird, Olarwharlay and EVERYBODY; pls ma toefl exam is closeby nw and am nt findin d speakin part funny. Pls any tippls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
webstradamus:

You r not wrong...And i am not wrong either....If u read what i wrote there...i said his school will give him requirements for his admission. so he will definitely know which exam to take...i was only giving instances ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
Big francis my brother....One of my padis need Toefl material....mrgold28@yahoo.com biko. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 11:42pm On Mar 24, 2013
see me see wahala o....My landlady just called me now and warned me about how i throw away my trash without separating the recycled one from the other trash. She said this is the second time she is getting tickets for it. And i will pay the next one that comes if i don't learn what she has to tell me. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed She said she knows i am new here but i have to learn how things are done here...She said the white nylon is for the plastic, bottles and plates but i have to wash them before i put them inside the nylon to the Bin. shocked shocked See me see trouble.. angry.how will i wash what i want to throw away before i throw them away. undecided undecided...I don tire o...Is it like that everywhere or its just in New York here.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 12:04am On Mar 25, 2013
Anthonymighty: see me see wahala o....My landlady just called me now and warned me about how i throw away my trash without separating the recycled one from the other trash. She said this is the second time she is getting tickets for it. And i will pay the next one that comes if i don't learn what she has to tell me. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed She said she knows i am new here but i have to learn how things are done here...She said the white nylon is for the plastic, bottles and plates but i have to wash them before i put them inside the nylon to the Bin. shocked shocked See me see trouble.. angry.how will i wash what i want to throw away before i throw them away. undecided undecided...I don tire o...Is it like that everywhere or its just in New York here.

Llooolll welcome to america hahahaha I can't stop laughing here oo. Is it by force to recycle ur trash. On campus we av d big white containers for recycling of bottles n plastics but theyve never given us any fine for putting all the trash in the same bag llolll

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 3:45am On Mar 25, 2013
Dot1: @ Flynbird, Olarwharlay and EVERYBODY; pls ma toefl exam is closeby nw and am nt findin d speakin part funny. Pls any tippls

@Dot1 - I know that feeling smiley, i was so scared of the almighty Speaking section before my exams too but I ended up scoring 24. My advice is that you time yourself while practicing and make recordings.
I'll also advise you visit www.notefull.com , click on Free Tutorials, read the notes on the Speaking section and download the videos on all the 6 parts of the Speaking section. I'm sure with the tips on the site, you should be .
I wish you SUCCESS in advance...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 5:02am On Mar 25, 2013
Anthonymighty: see me see wahala o....My landlady just called me now and warned me about how i throw away my trash without separating the recycled one from the other trash. She said this is the second time she is getting tickets for it. And i will pay the next one that comes if i don't learn what she has to tell me. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed She said she knows i am new here but i have to learn how things are done here...She said the white nylon is for the plastic, bottles and plates but i have to wash them before i put them inside the nylon to the Bin. shocked shocked See me see trouble.. angry.how will i wash what i want to throw away before i throw them away. undecided undecided...I don tire o...Is it like that everywhere or its just in New York here.

New York or Massachusetts?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obowunmi(m): 5:08am On Mar 25, 2013
yes - you have to separate your trash.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obowunmi(m): 5:14am On Mar 25, 2013
Anthony school? which school do you attend? and where in NYC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obowunmi(m): 5:15am On Mar 25, 2013
Anthony which school do you attend?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:41am On Mar 25, 2013
Anthonymighty: Big francis my brother....One of my padis need Toefl material....mrgold28@yahoo.com biko. wink
Nwanne m, o batago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.