Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Traditional marriage Requirements - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional marriage Requirements (2739 Views)

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / Nigeria Is Blessed With Culture.. Some Beautiful Traditional Marriage Pictures / Is Traditional Marriage Complete Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional marriage Requirements by Debsolat(f): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2008
I'm getting married in December in Nigeria.  My parents have just asked me to write the list of what I want my H2B's

family to bring before they add the family's list to it.  What am I meant to ask for? 

Your help is appreciated
Re: Traditional marriage Requirements by mishooo(m): 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2008
Thats way outa your league.
Thats a decision for your Paternal grannies/extended Families cos in Africa they are the ones giving you out not yourself.

so you dont need a list to add. Just tell them not to collect much things from the guy sha cos you'll need the money for a nice honeymoon at the Caribbeans. wink wink wink wink
LOL
Re: Traditional marriage Requirements by ifyalways(f): 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2008
@Poster congratulations kiss lol traditional weddings. . . .the best kiss
methinks its all abt where you come from,the traditional requirements varies from coast to caost.it should be the job of your mum,elderly aunts and uncles and dad to find out for you.Your main job is to go tru the list,curb out the unnecessary items and adjust according to the size of you and your hubbys coat.
congratulations babe kiss
Re: Traditional marriage Requirements by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2008
abeg pity the man now.
don't write anylist before you end up drinking garri with salt after the wedding
Re: Traditional marriage Requirements by Blackcat(f): 11:24am On Mar 31, 2008
It is Traditional Marriage not engagement please angry

As per your question, depends which tribe you are from some tribes ask the girl to bring her list too some tribes don't.
Re: Traditional marriage Requirements by echelon(m): 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2008
This is the first time I'm hearing that a bride is being asked to provide list of requirements for a tradi. Interesting.

Ask the man to buy 1 hummer jeep, 7 pieces of kolanuts,7 black cows, 1 white rooster, 7 yards of white cloth, 49 tubers of yam, 7 jars of raffia palm, and an echolac boxful of hollandis wrappers  grin just kidding

Just use your common sense
Re: Traditional marriage Requirements by coolier(f): 12:13am On Apr 11, 2008
Debsolat:

I'm getting married in December in Nigeria. My parents have just asked me to write the list of what I want my H2B's

family to bring before they add the family's list to it. What am I meant to ask for?

Your help is appreciated

What part of the country are you from? I suppose it differs from tribe to tribe.
Re: Traditional marriage Requirements by bank2112(f): 6:37pm On Apr 12, 2008
you dress well i mean respectfully some mothers dont mind d ladies wearing trousers. kneel when u want to grt. dont prove "too know". help her in the kitchen . dont be in a hurry to leave or at least dont show u r bored by them. if she is the free type engage her in gossip. call her mummy. buy her sometn special 4 her i mean make her head swell. relate well with the younger ones. win their hearts over. e.t.c.
Re: Traditional marriage Requirements by Kashif(m): 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2008
Debsolat:

I'm getting married in December in Nigeria. My parents have just asked me to write the list of what I want my H2B's

family to bring before they add the family's list to it. What am I meant to ask for?

Your help is appreciated

Just like somebody already pointed out, I am hearing this dimension for the very first time. That said, I think the best person to ask this question is your husband to be. No matter what we say here, what you agree with him (assuming that bringing your own list is the tradition), is carried out.

You know why? Where I come from, everything comes from the man's pocket, not minding who is doing the (re)presentation.

Congratulations.

(1) (Reply)

Oso Owo Tutu , 2 (months) / My Father Sister Grand Children Are Called? / Oso Owo Tabi Asiri Bibo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.