Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,155 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:56 AM

Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) (26677 Views)

Delta University Arrests Man For Writing Exams For GF / Men Accused Of Writing Exams For Girlfriends-Daily Trust / Students Writing Exams On The Floor In Gubi, Bauchi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by eldoradoxx: 11:28am On Mar 20, 2013
deelobe: If you really want to help. Let us the state and local government. Most of the schools in the villages are like this. You can see some aren't wearing shoes.
please poster do no listen to the likes of this guy who wants to know the state or local govt that owns the sch. I trust you maturity that u wudnt. The fact is that as soon as u disclose that, then the topic will derail into tribal attacks and insults of immense proportion. Nairaland has been hijacked by sort of ethnic chauvinist who see only through the narrow prism of their tribe, religion or party. This type of school dots of most states of the federation irrespective of party affiliation or region.

2 Likes

Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Inik(m): 11:30am On Mar 20, 2013
searay:
CSS, Oruk Anam LGA.
Oya make my Oga at the top kill me.
Don"t worry your oga at the top is not on nairaland.

The condition of the school is awful. How do they expect students to learn and assimilate anything under such dismal conditions? even teaching in such a school is demoralizing to the teachers. Education is poorly funded in this country, even when government sends little funds to such schools, the principals always pocket the money.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by eldoradoxx: 11:38am On Mar 20, 2013
jidewin: @ Seary,

Thank you for this information.You are helping that very community by posting this story here.I would also advise you send a copy of this report to saharareporters and Punch newspaper.They will grant you "anonymous" report and publish same story.

See why those bunch of bastards in govt from FG to LG chairmen should be shot at sight?. Many if not most of them are beneficiaries of free education in order to improve the status of "generations coming after them".Is this the case in present Nigeria today??. Rather,they would loot our taxes to establish private schools for their ilks and the riches oNLY.

WITH ALL OF MY HEART,I PRAY FOR A MILITARY COUP IN NIGERIA.LETS BREAK THE COUNTRY DOWN AND RE-START AFRESH. angry angry angry
Is it not same military that go us into this mess? Does that school look like what has been renovated in the last 20years (spanning into the years of army rule). Tell me what the military bequeated to us that we can boldly say the civilians squandered? Good schools? Excellent hospitals? Best road networks? Functional refineries? Just mention them
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by danieldonor: 11:56am On Mar 20, 2013
dis is the the system. Nigeria is blessed. Under this learning condition we still come out best. grin[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by DjSustain(m): 11:56am On Mar 20, 2013
Nice hot sit... well trained nd wonderful skool... grin i like it grin grin grin sad grin sad grin
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Fussbot: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by stantob(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
What a disappiontment!What a shame!!What sort of suffering!!!Is there any hope for the poor in Nigeria!!!!Is there any head way in Nigeria!!!!!Is Nigeria not a failed state!!!!!!Oh Zik!Oh Awo!!Oh all yea that brought INDEPENDENCE in Nigeria.Sorry.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Lakayana: 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
valicious1: I've been away on NL for some weeks & now dat am back am seeing this phrase " Oga at the top" in almost every thread. Pls is it a New trend or sumfin & wats d meaning?
are you from 9ja?
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by EFFRAKATA: 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
Oga @ the top should also look into this and suspend the Minister/Commissioner of education as the case may be.

Gbam ! !! !!!
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by USAMarshal: 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
searay: Just visited this school only to see this type of condition students are subjected to, due to poor/inadequate facilities.
How can the standard of education improve with this type of learning condition?

Imo
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by indomitable234: 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
as well meaning Nigerians can we please have the name of the school so we can organize a fund raiser to procure chairs and tables for the pupils of that school,they are the leaders of tomorrow we dont have to wait for our insensitive government we can start by doing the little we can do which i am sure will go a long way
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by searay(m): 12:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
USAMarshal:

This is stupid clownish Rochas okorocha's state IMO.. One of the desk has IMO state written on it.
Imo is a name, it means wealth in my language. Take it from me, I'm the honourable OP.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by searay(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
indomitable234: as well meaning Nigerians can we please have the name of the school so we can organize a fund raiser to procure chairs and tables for the pupils of that school,they are the leaders of tomorrow we dont have to wait for our insensitive government we can start by doing the little we can do which i am sure will go a long way
if you are serious DM me, i'll give you the detail.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by dare2think: 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ojukwu24:

Must you blame the president? Where is the state governor?

If you cannot see the correlation between a failed education system and an incompetent president, I cannot help you.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by dare2think: 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
anonimi:

And how much is the budget for feeding allowance by your governor and LGA chairman
Hope you don't mind sharing that with us.

In the grand scheme of things, if the above is all you have to say of those despicable pictures, it is safe to assume that you are deeply misguided.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by lillya(f): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
You are so on point. I mean if government is not doing anything to help us improve our situations, we should be able to apply the principle of self helf. Back then in secondary sch I could remember carrying my own chair and table to sch and it helped a great deal
OK_2_NV: Their parents are also to blame. Can't they at least provide chairs for their own kids if the government is not ready to provide?
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Jonwesley(m): 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
booqee: ...meanwhile one governor is doling out millions of naira to an already rich celebrity couple as wedding presents in form of a prado and paid trips abroad to 20 guest. Naija i hail o! angry angry angry

Hater, jealousy go kill you. Becos u be woman? Abegi, give me chance jare.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Olytex: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
I think is should be Akute in Ogon state
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by universalbets(m): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Op Searay,
Your pix shows those pupils need urgent help. Can you send details of school to: universalbets at gmail dot com. lets see how it can be absorbed on a mini project scale.

You just might be their light. i am looking at a class by class basis.

Some of my fellow engineers may key in also on a DIY self help project. We even encourage attachees to join in and gain some field experience. cheers

2 Likes

Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by anonimi: 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
dare2think:

In the grand scheme of things, if the above is all you have to say of those despicable pictures, it is safe to assume that you are deeply misguided.

You obviously did not take into account the post i was responding to which talked about Jonathan having 1 billion feeding allowane for Aso rock.
Meanwhile primary & secondary schools are the responsibility of the state and LGs.
Get it now?

1 Like

Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by anonimi: 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
eldoradoxx: Is it not same military that go us into this mess? Does that school look like what has been renovated in the last 20years (spanning into the years of army rule). Tell me what the military bequeated to us that we can boldly say the civilians squandered? Good schools? Excellent hospitals? Best road networks? Functional refineries? Just mention them

Let's hope jidewin will respond sharp, sharp with his long list of schools built and well maintained at primary & secondary level in his state before 1999.

1 Like

Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by anonimi: 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
lillya: You are so on point. I mean if government is not doing anything to help us improve our situations, we should be able to apply the principle of self helf. Back then in secondary sch I could remember carrying my own chair and table to sch and it helped a great deal

So how do you make your governor accountable for all the allocation received during the monthly almajiri begging bowl rounds in Abuja to share Niger Delta oil revenue
How?
Why are we so docile and allow ourselves to ALL become scumbags
Why?

1 Like

Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by dare2think: 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
anonimi:

You obviously did not take into account the post i was responding to which talked about Jonathan having 1 billion feeding allowane for Aso rock.
Meanwhile primary & secondary schools are the responsibility of the state and LGs.
Get it now?

Well, isn't that overt generalization? Aren't some schools part of the responsibility of the federal government?
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by gentini: 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
This is terrible for country that produces oil.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by anonimi: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
dare2think:

Well, isn't that overt generalization? Aren't some schools part of the responsibility of the federal government?

Nope it is not too much generalisation.
Apart from the 36 or less Federal Government colleges and those of the Armed forces how many other primary & secondary schools are the responsibility of the FGN
We need to make our state and LG level politicians just as responsible as we are seeking to make those at the federal level, which is usually limited to the president. no one cares what his federal legisLOOTER is doing in Abuja.
No one. And yet we want rapid change for better in this country.

1 Like

Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Ourboss: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
searay: Just visited this school only to see this type of condition students are subjected to, due to poor/inadequate facilities.
How can the standard of education improve with this type of learning condition?
This looks like a place I know. lipsrsealed
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by searay(m): 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
universalbets: @Op Searay,
Your pix shows those pupils need urgent help. Can you send details of school to: universalbets at gmail dot com. lets see how it can be absorbed on a mini project scale.

You just might be their light. i am looking at a class by class basis.

Some of my fellow engineers may key in also on a DIY self help project. We even encourage attachees to join in and gain some field experience. cheers
ok. I'll sent you a mail cotaining the detail about the school.

1 Like

Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Toppiano(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
eldoradoxx: My dear it is similar tale all over the country and not limited to a particular state or region.

I disagree!!!

As far back as 1999 in Osun state, secondary schools dont pay tuition fees. Meanwhile, as at 2007/2008 when I was serving at Urum in Awka North Local Government in Anambra State, they still pay tuition fees. It was not surprising when you see students playing football on the corridor while exams were in progress. It is not really their fault when you consider they first go to the farm in the morning, from there to the market on onye day before coming to school.

Tell me how they expect them to study and excel. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Education in Nigeria is nothing to write home about as a whole but comparing South West to other parts of the country is just not comparable!!!
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by Ourboss: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
This school should be in one of the 'K' States.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by dare2think: 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
anonimi:

Nope it is not too much generalisation.
Apart from the 36 or less Federal Government colleges and those of the Armed forces how many other primary & secondary schools are the responsibility of the FGN
We need to make our state and LG level politicians just as responsible as we are seeking to make those at the federal level, which is usually limited to the president. no one cares what his federal legisLOOTER is doing in Abuja.
No one. And yet we want rapid change for better in this country.

Indeed.

I'm in no way absolving the incompetent governors of their negligence. All the facets of the government are guilty. I only mention the feeding allowances to showcase the sharp contrast in the situation and the level of corruption in the society.
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by valicious1(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
Lakayana: are you from 9ja?
Why d u ask?
Re: Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) by milkymesh: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
OK_2_NV: Their parents are also to blame. Can't they at least provide chairs for their own kids if the government is not ready to provide?
you are talking about parents who probably can't even buy textbook or uniform for their children. Now if the parents have a chioce financially they allow their children go thru this. Many of us do not know how difficult life is to some nigerian.
Poverty get grade o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ejikeme Mmesoma’s Result Is Fake! Nothing To Investigate- Olabisi Deji-Folutile / UNIBEN Students Protest Increase In Fees, Senate Shuts Down School (Photos) / Fathia Ayodele Kareem Wins 12 Out Of 15 Awards In School In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.