Stats: 3,148,913 members, 7,802,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption (2428 Views)

Obasanjo, Adenuga, Okoya Welcome Buhari To Ogun State (Photos) / Adenuga Offers Keshi 2 Cars, A House,& N160M To Eagles / Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC (2) (3) (4)

Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by zomby(m): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
Adenuga Exposes OBJ’s Corruption

Ex-President Demands £1 million Pounds Payment

As revealed in the yet-to-be officially released unauthorised biography of one of Nigeria’s business moguls and Africa’s telecoms giants, Dr. Mike Adenuga, the businessman expressed his shock when the former President Olusegun Obasanjo categorically demanded the sum of N250 million, an equivalent of £1 million, from him as a donation towards the Presidential Library Project of the ex-President.

Many Nigerians have always questioned the ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo’s real stance as regards the fight against corruption in the country. However, the level of corruption reported to have occurred during his reign in Aso Rock is said to be comparable with what Nigerians witnessed under previous regimes, which have undoubtedly placed a huge burden on Obasanjo’s much touted rhetoric on probity and accountability in government. Among the streams of details that give confirmation to this view are statements by Chief Mike Adenuga, the big boss of Globacom, Conoil, Equatorial Bank, among other high-end business establishments.

According to Adenuga, Obasanjo’s N250 million demand was in respect of the former President’s Presidential Library Project. He said he was in the company of his friend, Mr Yemi Ogunbiyi, on his way to attend the project’s launch. On arrival, he was met by Obasanjo’s cousin who sought to know how much Adenuga was intending to donate. Chief Adenuga sought Mr Ogunbiyi’s advise and said to Baba’s cousin that he was disposed to donating N100 million. Apparently thinking that N100 million would elate Baba, his cousin, according to Adenuga, brought out a piece of paper on which a scribble of N250 million in OBJ’s writing was made. Chief Adenuga said he had no other choice than to release the amount to Mr President whom he described as very vindictive.

The 682-page biography, titled Mike Adenuga: Africa’s Business Guru and authored by the duo of distinguished journalists, Mike Awoyinfa and Dimgba Igwe, further revealed Obasanjo’s vindictiveness, and the humiliation suffered by Adenuga in the hands of the ex-President when the business titan embarked on a spirited-effort for the procurement of the license for his telecommunications business’ operation.

“Okay, I would show you that I am playing God and kuku (ultimately) destroy you once and for all” said Obasanjo; a threat to which the frightened and weather beaten Adenuga replied with his knees crawling on the floors in Aso Rock and his palms stretched full length in the charged, steamy atmosphere: “Sir, I am your son. Please don’t be angry with me.” Obasanjo: “I shouldn’t be angry? Why shouldn’t I be angry? See you now. You would come and prostrate and when you leave here, tomorrow, you would go and be publishing your adverts, abusing me. No be so (Is that not true)?”

Adenuga’s biographical revelation presents yet another basis for Chief Obasanjo to be viewed through the prism of disbelief and suspicion on corruption. In the course of his regime, OBJ put up a public stance against corruption while quietly opening access to his cronies and seasoned sycophants to claim monopoly of Nigeria’s commonwealth. The likes of Adenuga were wantonly harassed to make huge deposits under the auspices of one grandiose project or another mega charity scam.

Meanwhile, Adenuga portrayed himself as an economic player with a sense of business brutality. This much he alludes to when he asserts in the book that “running a business is similar to leading a military operation or orchestrating a political campaign, or performing as a great athlete. The fundamental principles are the same. The overriding objective is to out-manoeuvre the opposing forces; to outsmart the other party; to outperform competition; to outwit the other guy-to achieve. This may sound harsh. But that’s the way it is.”

http://checkoutmagazine.com/?p=1093
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by tomakint: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
And this is the man (OBJ) they still deify in Egbaland? Some even called him Baba how I wish he is from Ondo State he for hear am!
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by mymadam(m): 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
Anywhere in this post that you see Mike Adenuga, simply replace it with Ibrahim Babangida ...and the rest is history. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by havilahmax(m): 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
Father of naija as well as father of corruption
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by chax100(f): 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
A prophet is known expect by his own people. So, lets celebrate Adenuga and crucify Obasanjo? Ahmadu Ali was not wrong when he said the Yorubas are very ungrateful. Please read that interview granted to Ahmadu Ali, if you are confused.
Long Live Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.
*The living father of Nigeria!*
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by dayokanu(m): 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
tomakint: And this is the man (OBJ) they still deify in Egbaland? Some even called him Baba how I wish he is from Ondo State he for hear am!

You are genetically senseless. They deify him yet his daughter cant win election on his street Mr "I am yoruba"

Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by Tolexander: 9:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
The evil men do lives after them!

Getting interesting how people are exhuming the cadavars obasanjo thought he had buried.
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by tomakint: 9:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
dayokanu:

You are genetically senseless. They deify him yet his daughter cant win election on his street Mr "I am yoruba"
Ok Ogbomosho goat
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by Baba419(m): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
Na them know
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by godello: 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2013
Both the giver and the taker ar criminalsssssssssssssssssssss.

Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by EkoIle1: 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Common sense and knowledge doesn't speak for them, petty tribalism is all they know.
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by banku: 11:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
That is Adenuga side of the story.

Finally, you guys are learning how money is made in Nigeria. When it is time to pay back the devil, they all sing like a bird. Who taught Obasanjo how to steal? Is this not the same OBJ that was broke and almost declared bankruptcy as a former head of state? I dey laugh O!

Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by doctokwus: 1:49am On Mar 20, 2013
Did Obasanjo force or directly threaten him.It just goes to show what many already know of d likes of Adenuga,Dangote,Jimoh Ibrahim etc.These are pple was route to wealth was paved simply& only thru their govt connections& d fact that in nigeria,evn a so called democratic govt can byepass all rules& regulations & subvert standards of biz ethics known worldwide to ensure their clonies enjoy from govt funds.
Meanwhile this is Adenuga's warped version of events,if Obasanjo were to reply,am sure Adenuga wud come out looking darker dan he already is

Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by redsun(m): 2:58am On Mar 20, 2013
Until men like obj are publicly executed or locked up for life,ills like bokoharam will continue to hunt Nigeria.

Nigeria can never move on,unless they pay for their atrocities.
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by coolzeal(m): 3:42am On Mar 20, 2013
Seriously when some folks were attacking the Yoruba's in Ali or whatever his name is(for the ungratefulness of the Yoruba's towards OBJ) I folded my arms in shame and wonder if they tend to read what Ali stand for. They should be no Baba or godfatherism in this great nation regardless of where they came from. This is Nigeria and it belongs to all of us, at least we should be able to demonise, criticise, hold our leaders to ransom and demand the accountability of their regime. OBJ was totally corrupt and this is the same guy that spent ten's of billions of dollars on power project without achieving a dime, where did the money go? The house of senate and other house members are totally corrupt as well. And i wonder why some Igbo's indicate the support of Ali's attack towards the Yoruba's, i guess because he was attacking the Yoruba's our so called enemy or betrayers and our brothers are being slaughtered in the North without adhesive retaliation from the Igbos or protection from the government, so tell me who is the coward? Am Igbo between and i hate Tribalism. Let us all work together and kill off the corruption that has tarnish and destroyed the image of Nigeria. Divided we fall and easily controlled and united we fight and defend our right.

Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by onemopol: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
hmmmm. lest we forget
Re: Adenuga Exposes Obj’s Corruption by tomakint: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Obj is corruption in person! When I remember Transcorp 200 million shares, Trans International Bank's scam through his cronies, Bode George's N20 billion misappropriation at NPA, N7 billion Presidential Library while still serving, N50 million bribery each to selected senators for his illegal 3rd term ambition, revamping his ota farm thru public funds, his selected fights against 'corruption' and many other atrocities committed by this man, I cannot but laugh at his 'forced relevance' today undecided

How Corrupt Is Nigeria? / Jonathan Insists Ban On Tokunbo Cars Not To Cause Hardship To Nigerians / They Are Still Good Areas In Abia