Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River (20757 Views)

Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Navy Arrests Boat With 400 Truckload Of Stolen Crude Oil / Apc Rally Today At Oron,akwa Ibom Was Hmmmmmmm(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by DJDOLA(m): 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
so people still risk there life wit that woodboat....rip sha
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by rezzy: 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
Me, wooden boat? To where? Na so my poverty don reach? God forbid. If its wooden boat to my riverine village, i will understand, not to another country.
Well, to the died, RIP
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by mike404(m): 9:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
Aren't you gonna blame gej for this... EKO ILE, DAYOKANU, IDOWU (OBO), BEREM, AIGBOFA where una dey
undecided
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by IamJerry: 9:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
pillzthadrugz: Titanic tinz abi?......Jack and Rose must survive na

Kai! Weting dey watch film for una body like dis? Small boy like you referring big issue like dis to film....you even sabi who to survive....go carry ur book jooor...
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
okpara ugo: Wooden boat in the 21st century on international waters. Chai....

Don't criticize ibo technology.that boat is made in Aba.

2 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Symphony007: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
free2ryhme: can any day go by in this country without one evil news or the other? sad
can anyday go by in the world without any evil news? Stop making it seem like tragedies are typical to nigeria alone. Rain does'nt fall on only one roof my dear!!
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
otokx: And as usual its my brothers from the east that are worse hit.

May departed souls rest in peace. It is really unfortunate but its a known fact that these same brothers of yours always opt for anything cheap.

1 Like

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Sike(m): 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
[size=20]Yaaaaaaaaay!![/size] sad
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
End tym calling....
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
Mbom - Soo sad...

@OP Oron is in Akwa Ibom state not Cross River
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by born2boink(m): 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
We need to make sacrifice in this country, hope Bro.Gej no perform ritual before he put on nigeria crown, if Jesus and Mohamed have depart nigeria it is high time we fast and pray seriously or better we beg the gods to talk to God, this is getting serious, someone have eaten forbidden fruit, why death and bad things everywhere?

Because the way Bro.Gej dey climb ladder of governor and president before election dey suspicious..
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by ray502(m): 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
4kmukina: How can a wooden boat carry 166 persons? as long as luxurious buse are, they carry max of 60persons. This news get K-leg.

RIP to d dead.
you need to see how huge these kind of boats are.it can even carry more people.mostly illegal immigrants going to cameroun and neighbouring countries.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by cap28: 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
In a normal society a public inquiry would have been undertaken and safety measures would have been put in place immediately, but this is nigeria where the lives of ordinary people are extremely cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Abagworo(m): 10:04pm On Mar 19, 2013

It still boils down to my suspicion of our true demography. The population of Igbos might be more than projected.

1 Like

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Wow, what a tragedy.

RIP.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by knockturnal(m): 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
Oron is in Akwa Ibom State, just for the records.
Too bad for those people, may God take care of their souls, amen!
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
Oron is in Akwa Ibom not Cross River

1 Like

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by OurYansh: 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
What are these Ibo people going to look for in Gabon. That's how they go to various countries to disgrace Nigeria by committing crime..

Anyway, RIP sha..

angry
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
Osc: Oron is in Akwa Ibom not Cross River

We don hear na... Ha ah!! Pray 4 pipu wey die jorr.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by violent(m): 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
Life is too cheap in Nigeria. More than 160 people may have died in a fell swoop and the first place I'm reading about this, is on Nairaland where people simply go "Eeya! what a loss!"
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Ama28(f): 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
Not again! How many lives are we loosing within a space of few days! I pray we don't get used to this.
Wooden boat!
What a loss! 166 people including our future leaders.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
Br3nd4: Soo sad...

@OP Oron is in Akwa Ibom state not Cross River

One of the dutiful mods settled for that rather confusing title.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by AustineE1: 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Don't criticize ibo technology.that boat is made in Aba.
....you are simply an id^otic national clown,i cant help but laugh at your stup^dity, nobody ever takes you serious!you ve refused to grow up,see how you are wasting away your life,junky!you deserve more sympathy than the dead because you lack common sense!BTW may the souls of the departed,rest in peace!

5 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by donbazini: 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
It is best to pray @ all time incase something bad where to happen u know u got ur ticket to heaven
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by binhozie(m): 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
buccal: So where is save in nigeria

IamJerry: BOKO HARAM everyday, Armed Robber here and there, Police go kill dem own, Plane crash all the time, Road accident never reduce.... All in one Country? Ha! Jesus Christ, You are the "Oga at the top" who can safe us o....please safe our dear Country NIGERIA!!!

ALUMNI

2 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
PERIOD OF JUDGEMENT. KINGDOM IS AT HAND. LITERALLY
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2013

These same brothers of yours always opt for anything cheap.
Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by Abu34: 10:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
buccal: So where is save in nigeria

Borno

1 Like

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by oilyngbati3(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
Abagworo:

It still boils down to my suspicion of our true demography. The population of Igbos might be more than projected.
What has this got to do with the topic at hand? People died and you're here talking about "true demography". What a battyman angry

2 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by AustineE1: 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
Our Yansh: What are these Ibo people going to look for in Gabon. That's how they go to various countries to disgrace Nigeria by committing crime..

Anyway, RIP sha..

angry
even from your user name,it shows you are foolishness personified!local champion,remain in your 'face me i face you apartment'and condem the very ambitious ones who dare to do something reasonable with their life!Prof.Soludo,Ngozi Okonja Iweala,Oby okwesilli etc are all product of igbo adventures to other nations,nt to forget Kanu Nwankwo,Okocha,Emenike,Mikel and a host of others inclusive!this is the era of globalization and you are just happy being called Alaye baba from Mushin to Ojota!Olodo of the first order.

10 Likes

Re: Boat With 166 People On-Board Sinks At Oron In Cross River by groovie(m): 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ahhhhhhh!! WTF happened to life jackets?
RIP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants / Woman In Labour Insists On Voting, Delivers Baby Shortly After Voting In Sokoto / Atiku Reacts To The Death Of 22 Students Who Crash On Their Way For Excursion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.