Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon (35167 Views)

Lemon Is An Anti-cancer Food- Expert / 23 Benefits Of Lemon Water You Should Never Miss! / 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Oranges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Akshow: 8:29am On Mar 20, 2013
~13 AMAZING LEMON BENEFITS~

1. Bowel- Cleansing: The bitter taste of lemon gives these fruit the ability to increase peristalsis–a pumping-motion in the bowels–which helps to eliminate waste from the bowels andimprove regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning.

2. Cancer : Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds, including limonene—a naturally-occur ­ ring oil that slows or halts the growth of cancer tumors in animals. Lemons also contain a substance called flavonol glycosides which stop cell division in cancer cells.

3. Colds and Flu: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work inconjunction for a serious punch against infection.

4. Liver: Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a great liver detoxifier.

5. Nutrition: Lemons contain vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins,calciu ­ m, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber.

6. Balances Body Chemistry: While lemons are acidic they interact with the body’smetabolis ­ m to have an alkalizing effect on the bodily fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.

7. Allergies: Lemons contain the phytonutrient hesperetin which has been shown in studies to alleviate allergic symptoms.

8. Brain and Nervous System Disorders: Containing the potent phytonutrient tangeretin in the peel, lemons have been proven to be effective for brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease.

9. Eye Disorders: Rutin, found in lemons,has been shown in research to improve the symptoms of eye disorders, including diabetic retinopathy.

10. Anti-Viral: In addition to being effective against cold and flu viruses, terpene limonoids found in lemons have proven anti-viral effects on other types of viruses.
viruses.

11. Diabetes: In addition to improving eye problems linked with diabetes, lemons contain hesperetin which lowers blood sugar levels (when they are high).

12. Gall and Kidney Stones: The citric acid found in lemon juice helps to dissolvegallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.

13. Anti-Aging: The vitamin C found in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.

Cook with Lemon! Pasta with Leeks and Lemon Asparagus Risotto with Lemon.
Adapted with permission from The Life Force Diet and The Phytozyme Cure by Michelle Schoffro Cook, PhD.

6 Likes

Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Temismith(f): 4:09am On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks boss.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by kayalla(f): 10:07am On Mar 21, 2013
Tanx a heap for sharing this.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by KINGwax(m): 11:00am On Mar 21, 2013
^^
Is dt d new craze in town? Thanks a heap?
I am die!

OP: cool

1 Like

Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 21, 2013
Nice one
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by sydneyobioha(m): 11:01am On Mar 21, 2013
Third to comment
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Muriwest(m): 11:05am On Mar 21, 2013
How amazing, thanks for the piece of information.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by momodub: 11:06am On Mar 21, 2013
ok good am going for 1 now wink

1 Like

Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by classyS: 11:07am On Mar 21, 2013
Tumb's up! wink
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by juman(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2013
Good info.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by mysticgal(f): 11:13am On Mar 21, 2013
i love lemon,what of water melon.and lime?
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by emilyone(f): 11:17am On Mar 21, 2013
pls guys, what are the amazing benefits of lemon grass?
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 21, 2013
What the difference between lime and lemon
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by omiobo: 11:21am On Mar 21, 2013
Abortion nko?
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Jolomsguy(m): 11:28am On Mar 21, 2013
Wow! Nice write up, so educating.

Just wondering if it also has any negative implication on our system, my thought is, all positivity also has its negativity aspect also.

Please throw more lights.

Nice one though.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by firebrand: 11:28am On Mar 21, 2013
Can somebody help here? What is lemon? I always take lime for lemon. Thx.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Walexz02(m): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2013
Ok ok..
Thanks Op.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:35am On Mar 21, 2013
Also clears spots on the face..

1 Like

Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by GraceBestowed(f): 11:42am On Mar 21, 2013
firebrand: Can somebody help here? What is lemon? I always take lime for lemon. Thx.

Lemons are generally larger than limes. Lemons are also yellow, and limes green.

JideTheBlogger: Also clears spots on the face..

^^ extremely correct ^^ Natural fruit juice from lemon, and lime, does wonders to the skin complexion.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by babaowo: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2013
already know this for pass 30years.........its a good fruits indeed
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by gluv01(f): 11:53am On Mar 21, 2013
rafhell: What the difference between lime and lemon

Difference between Lime and Lemon Juice

When it comes to taste lime juice are much sweeter compared to lemon juice, which has a sour taste. In terms of nourishment, lime is superior to lemon. Lime contains higher phosphorous, vitamin A, calcium, folate and vitamin C while lemon is rich in potassium and magnesium. In terms of antiseptic use, lime juice is not usually used compared to lemon juice, which is regularly found in hand and soap washes. Both contain citric acid but lime juice contains less than lemon juice. Lemon juice contains 1.10g/ounce and lime juice contains 1.06/ounce.

Lime and lemon are very useful and contains essential nutrients that are good for your body. They also have many uses, from adding flavor, antiseptic and all other uses. Whichever you may choose, you will never go wrong. wink

1 Like

Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by gluv01(f): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2013
It's so wonderful when it's lemonade. I just can't help it when I go to a restaurant

1 Like

Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by mu2sa2: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
rafhell: What the difference between lime and lemon
Lime is almost always yellow with a smooth skin while lemon is green with coarse skin. That's the visual difference for the local variety (imported once look alike and are sold in big super markets, bigger and expensive). if you ar still not sure of the difference just go to the market & see things for yourself.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by babaowo: 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
gluv01: It's so wonderful when it's lemonade. I just can't help it when I go to a restaurant
..... your so right, that's always my favourite...
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by babaowo: 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
gluv01:

Difference between Lime and Lemon Juice

When it comes to taste lime juice are much sweeter compared to lemon juice, which has a sour taste. In terms of nourishment, lime is superior to lemon. Lime contains higher phosphorous, vitamin A, calcium, folate and vitamin C while lemon is rich in potassium and magnesium. In terms of antiseptic use, lime juice is not usually used compared to lemon juice, which is regularly found in hand and soap washes. Both contain citric acid but lime juice contains less than lemon juice. Lemon juice contains 1.10g/ounce and lime juice contains 1.06/ounce.

Lime and lemon are very useful and contains essential nutrients that are good for your body. They also have many uses, from adding flavor, antiseptic and all other uses. Whichever you may choose, you will never go wrong. wink
.... blunt truth xx
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by gluv01(f): 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
babaowo: ..... your so right, that's always my favourite...

Yea, even yesterday I had prawn cocktail, and instead of fruit wine, I had lemonade...so healthy
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by osram(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
Is lemon the same tin as orange?
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by gluv01(f): 12:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
osram: Is lemon the same tin as orange?

Two different citric fruits. I'm sure you've had oranges several times, lemon is different.

Orange is sweet, lemon is sour.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
Where can I get to buy lemon in Lagos ohhhhh, I only see Oranges and Lime
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by angelz(f): 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
Folks still confuse Lime n Lemon 2gether. Lime is common. U c it with market women, even dey hawks it on D Street at times.
l also see some women squeezing the juice out of lime into a small bottle for sale. Lime is also good as cough syrup wen mix with pure honey for children.
But lemon is somewhat rare. l hardly see it. When l do, its usually in a position where l can’t get it.
Is there any1 out there who knows where one can get the fresh local ones, not the "fertilizer zed" imported ones at Shoprite and other malls.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by BlueMurder(m): 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
Many thanks, @OP. You really can't go wrong when you consume such stuff.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Who Didn't Even Know She Was Pregnant Gives Birth In Plane Toilet / 4 Reasons Why Rats Are Always In Your House / Man Washing His Carrots With Gutter Water Caught [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.