Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,458 members, 7,801,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Did Jesus Dance And Sing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Dance And Sing? (16710 Views)

Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? / Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by samsonola(m): 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2008
Where in the bible was Jesus recorded to have spent most of his time dancing Going by the way christians today spend most of their time singing and dancing in the church,they must have at least gotten this from Jesus Christ. So did Jesus ever sing and dance when worshiping God. We have to note that Jesus prayed to God in The bible and according to the bible,Jesus asked God that why did He forsake him.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2008
so the dancing dey pain you sotey you come nairaland come open thread.
You folks have serious issues.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by 4Him(m): 10:51pm On Mar 27, 2008
samsonola:

Where in the bible was Jesus recorded to have spent most of his time dancing Going by the way christians today spend most of their time singing and dancing in the church,they must have at least gotten this from Jesus Christ. So did Jesus ever sing and dance when worshiping God. We have to note that Jesus prayed to God in The bible and according to the bible,Jesus asked God that why did He forsake him.

the camp of the enemy is afraid of our praises.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by babs787(m): 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2008
@Samsonola

Jesus would have danced if he were to be a christian but alas, he wasnt a christian.

@4him & Nwando

Any biblical proof?
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by kobe(m): 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2008
Irrelevant and stupid question by the ill-informed OP.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Frizy(m): 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2008
@kobe,nwando, 4Him
Simple question!Where in the bible?
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Cassiel(f): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2008
nwando:

so the dancing dey pain you sotey you come nairaland come open thread.
You folks have serious issues.

LMAO. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by 4Him(m): 12:33am On Mar 30, 2008
Frizy:

@kobe,nwando, 4Him
Simple question!Where in the bible?

when you show me just where in the qu'ran moohammad used the internet.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 30, 2008
Salvation of the soul according to the bible is not determined by what good thing we do or do not do,

So whether or not Jesus Christ danced is non of my business,

So whether or not Jesus Christ danced does not affect the fact that:

"Salvation is only by Grace only through Faith in only Jesus Christ"

So , this Topic is obviously slightly skewed
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 30, 2008
Jesus would have danced if he were to be a christian but alas, he wasnt a christian.

Yes you are correct, Jesus Christ was not a Christian (although you motive for such a statement is an open secret)

The reasons are simple.

1. A Christian is anyone who is saved and how exhibits characteristics similar to "Jesus Christ"
2. Jesus Christ is the Bridegroom
3. The Church is the bride
4. Jesus Christ is Jesus Christ

Hence the formation of the word Christ + ian = Christian , to refer to people who exhibit "Christ like characteristics". It does not make sense to now say that Jesus Christ himself is exhibiting Christ like characteristics, considering that He is already Jesus Christ.

For example I can call certain people "babstians" even though it would be stupid and wrong to call "babs" a "babstian"
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by samsonola(m): 3:34am On Mar 30, 2008
Why i asked is that christians spend about 60% of their time dancing and singing. So Jesus never for once danced or sing when praying. There is a certain verse in the bible that talks about Jesus bowing down to pray and yet most christians wont bow to worship. Who introducd the dancing and singing clture that seems to take a larger % of xtian worship.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by 4Him(m): 4:00am On Mar 30, 2008
samsonola:

Why i asked is that christians spend about 60% of their time dancing and singing. So Jesus never for once danced or sing when praying.

1. Jesus Christ is God Himself . . . to whom would He have been dancing and singing to?
2. Modes of worship varies from culture to culture. For instance white folks are not used to our boisterous mode of worship here in Africa but they worship God in their own way.
The key thing here is to WORSHIP.
How you worship is dependent on you as an individual. Christianity is not a mass religion, with a set of rules and regulations . . . it is an individual relationship with God.
Some worship God with singing and dancing, others worship Him with fasting, some do it by setting aside a special time to commune with Him . . .

samsonola:

There is a certain verse in the bible that talks about Jesus bowing down to pray and yet most christians wont bow to worship.

You seem to think that the definition of "bow" is an isla'mic one. While there is no specific commandment that you must bow before the Lord by force, we do so as a sign of reverence to Him in worship.
Bowing is not when you pray like the mooslims.

samsonola:

Who introducd the dancing and singing clture that seems to take a larger % of xtian worship.

Why are mooslims so angered by christian worship?
Read the old testament my brother . . . after the Jews were rescued from Egypt Miriam composed a song . . . and the entire tribe sang and danced before the Lord. Exodus 15.
David was a one who also worshipped on his harp (a musical instrument).

You mooslims FRAUDULENTLY claim that David was your "prophet" and that Al'lah it was who gave him the psalms . . . hear what he had to say -

Psalm 149 :1Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.

3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.

Not only does this ridicule your question . . . it also asks the question . . . was David really a "prophet" of Al'lah?
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by MCUsman(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2008
4Him:

Psalm 149 :1Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.

3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.[/color][/size]

The verse you quoted Psalm 149 was from the old Test. that you vehemphly opposed to when ever a verse was quoted that does not suit your views.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by 4Him(m): 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2008
MC Usman:

The verse you quoted Psalm 149 was from the old Test. that you vehemphly opposed to when ever a verse was quoted that does not suit your views.

It seems you're deceit is gradually turning to hallucination . . . i have never opposed the old testament . . .
1. The psalms of David are about the most popular book of the bible known even to christian kids. My first bible chapter was Ps 23.
2. I am named after the author of that book.
3. The old testament is the new testament foretold.
4. You claim David was your "prophet" . . . how come none of you is following what he explicitly said in Ps 149?

When is the next excuse? Where's Samsonola? why is he suddenly silent?
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by MCUsman(m): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2008
4Him:

It seems you're deceit is gradually turning to hallucination . . . i have never opposed the old testament . . .

May it was not you

4Him:

1. The psalms of David are about the most popular book of the bible known even to Christian kids. My first bible chapter was Ps 23.

That explains why Christan massively react in their masses any attempt to question or criticized their singing & awilo dancing style of worship. But on the contrary, tend to be less responsive & style when any of the basic dogma & tenants of Christianity is question.

4Him:

2. I am named after the author of that book.

Was the author also a famous rock & row gospeler

4Him:

3. The old testament is the new testament foretold.

And the new testament is the Last testament (Qu'ran) foretold

4Him:

4. You claim David was your "prophet" . . . how come none of you is following what he explicitly said in Ps 149?

That we should sing & dance awilo all day long. God said "I have not created jins and humans but, for my worship"

SALAT or the method of worship is the main media through which a human can establish a relationship with his Creator and it is one of the main doors which leads to his complete submission to All'ah's will. There is no ordained priesthood in Is'lam. Every Mus'lim can be Imam (who leads congregational prayer) and can deliver a sermon. The members of the congregation may select, and for this purpose, they should choose one from among themselves who knows the Holy Qur'an better than the others. No vestment is prescribed for the Imam nor any special dress for the congregation. All that needed is the body and the head should be decently and cleanly covered.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by sysuserX(m): 11:24am On Mar 31, 2008
And the new testament is the Last testament (Qu'ran) foretold

grin grin, now who is hallucinating!!
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by sysuserX(m): 11:36am On Mar 31, 2008
Dictionary says that: Foretold means something known beforehand

therefore for you to now say that the Bible's New Testament (which was given by God before Mohammmed was even born) foretells the Old Testament (that you are calling the Q'uran), simply means you either don't understand simply verbal reasoning or you are downright being mischevious in the name of Alllah
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by 4Him(m): 3:32pm On Mar 31, 2008
MC Usman:

That explains why Christan massively react in their masses any attempt to question or criticized their singing & awilo dancing style of worship. But on the contrary, tend to be less responsive & style when any of the basic dogma & tenants of Christianity is question.

- Christians massively react? How many responses have you recieved on this thread?
But for the few of us trying to set things right so u people stop getting away with lies very few christians are actually interested in ur bawling.

MC Usman:

SALAT or the method of worship is the main media through which a human can establish a relationship with his Creator and it is one of the main doors which leads to his complete submission to All'ah's will. There is no ordained priesthood in Is'lam. Every Mus'lim can be Imam (who leads congregational prayer) and can deliver a sermon. The members of the congregation may select, and for this purpose, they should choose one from among themselves who knows the Holy Qur'an better than the others. No vestment is prescribed for the Imam nor any special dress for the congregation. All that needed is the body and the head should be decently and cleanly covered.

This is not in the qu'ran. What has it got to do with christian worship?
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2008
You guys should join a sunday school before posting a topic, ah ah. The devil's camp is really troubled.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 31, 2008
stillwater:

You guys should join a sunday school before posting a topic, ah ah. The devil's camp is really troubled.
OTFL  grin grin
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2008
his_grace:

Where in the bible was it staed that Jesus drove a car - where was it stated that Jesus ate rice and beans - where was it stared that Jesus wore a suit - u must be a pumpkin.
grin grin grin na wa o
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Frizy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2008
4Him:

when you show me just where in the qu'ran moohammad used the internet.
grin grin grin grin grin
Very funny. You don't have to dodge the question. They're two different things. In the States, Nigeria wherever-we know christains dance well2X in church. This is either called praise worship, or thanksgiving and many other names. The internet was not invented then and moreover, the internet is not part of the religion of Islam. I mean it's not in the Isl'amic doctorine that using the Internet is mandatory so leave the Internet and Mohamme'd out of this.
My question is did Jesus dance? Was dancing and singing part of his ministry? grin grin. How important is this innovative practice in the modern christainity compared to what Jesus your master wanted? Did he say dance and sing "Ma bere mo le ma gbe ga ma gbe jesu mi gen gen ma . . ." grin grin grin. I swear your religion is halarious. If all men thought this way, I mean the believe will be that we came to play.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2008
Ah ah If it is hilarious, why are then biting yourself cheesy? This thread is meaningless. You guys should go and turn round your Kabba and read alif, ba, ta, sa, tongue save me from only God knows how you guys cope with the fart that escapes from your butts facing the person behind you when bowing down.
Let me complete it for you--- owo mi lo ke ya ya ma k'aleluya repete, Jesu mi seun seun Olorun mi seun seun cool
I hope the song disturb you well, well cheesy tongue
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by 4Him(m): 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2008
Frizy:

grin grin grin grin grin
Very funny. You don't have to dodge the question

Remove ur isl'amic scales of gargantuan proportions and see my answer in my subsequent posts here including the reference to Psalm 149 where it is clearly indicated that dancing and singing as a form of worship is as old as 3000yrs.

Frizy:

My question is did Jesus dance? Was dancing and singing part of his ministry? grin grin.

Since Jesus Christ Himself is God . . . ur questions is similar to me asking you if Al'lah bows down in worship.

Frizy:

How important is this innovative practice in the modern christainity compared to what Jesus your master wanted?

For the sake of this hypocrite i will repeat - Psalm 149 :1Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.
3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.

Innovative? Modern christianity? Worship is as old as the book of psalms.

Frizy:

Did he say dance and sing "Ma bere mo le ma gbe ga ma gbe jesu mi gen gen ma . . ." grin grin grin. I swear your religion is halarious. If all men thought this way, I mean the believe will be that we came to play.

Did al'lah run around the kaaba? Did he come down and stone the devil?

It seems the camp of the enemy is stirred to anger whenever the children of God praise Him. Hallelujah!
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by sysuserX(m): 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2008
It seems the camp of the enemy is stirred to anger whenever the children of God praise Him. Hallelujah!

Yes, The devil is always pissed off when God's people praise him and , therefore refuse to give the devil the kind of worship he seriously craves

Praise, Praise, Praise , the Lord God Almighty , Who was , Who is and Who is to come

Since Jesus Christ Himself is God . . . your questions is similar to me asking you if Al'lah bows down in worship.

, ouch, lets wait and see whether he would answer!
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Frizy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2008
stillwater:

save me from only God knows how you guys cope with the fart that escapes from your butts facing the person behind you when bowing down.
I feel reluctant to answer, anyway according to Mohamme'd your bowels have to be clean before prayer and I have no reasons to smell people's butt when praying. If you fart you must leave because your ablution is nullified.
Let me complete it for you--- owo mi lo ke ya ya ma k'aleluya repete, Jesu mi seun seun Olorun mi seun seun cool
I hope the song disturb you well, well cheesy tongue
Disturb? grin. I just wonder how you people make your religion fanciful.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Frizy(m): 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2008
4Him:

Since Jesus Christ Himself is God . . . your questions is similar to me asking you if Al'lah bows down in worship.
@4HIM
No single Mu'slim in the world will comprehend this statement. Because we don't think freely(i.e we aren't free-thinkers). All'ah is my all, I can't think beyond that. Now that may seem to you that I have a narrow view. Exactly the opposite, Mus'lims have a broad view concerning the Truth, the Light, and right conduct.

For the sake of this hypocrite i will repeat - Psalm 149 :1Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.
I recognise this verse in the psalms. The reason why Mus'lims don't dance and play music in the mosque is because the prophet warned us against it. The Kor'an is enjoined because it scares any demons, on the otherhand, music is very appealing to demons -believe it or not. It only makes you rebellious to your Lord though it please you. You can't see this jinns(devils) but the see you and they love music. That's why music with powerful acoustics like rock- encourages violence and rebellion. As for the church music, some people solely go to church because to the music- not the word. You're free to dance even with the opposite sex. Isl'am condemns this and Mu'slims believe Jesus was a Mus'lims so he cannot be in support of what his Lord prohibits in worship. As for David, then, he played the harp which can't be compared to this electric drums and co. and if you want me to educate you, it was after the Solomons' incidence that shows that jinns loved it- that may not be understood but I talked about Solomon in a thread("The Great Book: The only . . .science and history)
Innovative? Modern christianity? Worship is as old as the book of psalms.
I don't have to name what the older generation christains' did that are no more in practise. On the otherhand, every sunnah of Mohamme'd and Great Religious tradition is not left untouched.

How do you talk of your Creator like this?Did Jesus even create a fly. I wish I could make you see but I cannot if it is All'ah's intention to keep you straying. I pray you know the truth and I pray that the veil covering your sight will disappear soon. When you realize the truth I'll be like your friend and not your enemy as it appears to be with you.

You only promise yourself this but you Creator said: They surely disbelieve in God who say: God has begotten a son. If they desist not from that (saying), a painful doom will befall those that say so.
No one is any child of God o. God has no needs, God said: O mankind worship your Lord who created you and those before you that ye may ward off evil!

@sysuserx
, ouch, lets wait and see whether he would answer!
What do you gain in promoting?! You don't have to tease. Am no coward, you guys really have to know that for everything you(I) state: "E ri ma wa"
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by 4Him(m): 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2008
Frizy:

I recognise this verse in the psalms.

How? Are the psalms now incorporated in the qu'ran or you have finally found al'lah's lost sarbur? Have you ever wondered why mooslims spend too much time reading the bible while NO christian gives a hoot about the qu'ran?

Frizy:

The reason why Mus'lims don't dance and play music in the mosque is because the prophet warned us against it.

Now this is even more confirmation that this "prophet" of yours was a false one. Now just look at the antecedents of those you falsely claim to be your "prophets" too:

Moses - Exodus 15: 1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.

David - 2 Samuel 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod

1 Chronicles 13:8 And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.

Solomon - 1 Chronicles 6:32 And they ministered before the dwelling place of the tabernacle of the congregation with singing, until Solomon had built the house of the LORD in Jerusalem: and then they waited on their office according to their order.

Now dear . . . the men of the bible and moohammad could not have been right at the same time . . . either you believe ONE MAN or you accept the witnesses of several men who understood the power of praises.

But wait . . . if indeed the "prophet" warned u against music why are there i'slamic records today?

Frizy:

music is very appealing to demons -believe it or not. It only makes you rebellious to your Lord though it please you.

Yet more clues that we can't be serving the same God no matter how loudly you proclaim such lies . . . here is what my own God says -

Ps 148: 14 He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD.

Frizy:

As for the church music, some people soley go to church because to the music- not the word.

The miracle of 5 loaves and 2 fishes was what brought some people to the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

Frizy:

You're free to dance evn with the opposite sex.

Maybe this happens in your grandfather's church. you really don't have to introduce insiduous lies to back up your point.

Frizy:

Isl'am condemns this and Mu'slims believe Jesus was a Mus'lims so he cannot be in support of what his Lord prohibits in worship.

Weak . . . as usual circular reasoning. Jesus was a mooslim (not minding the fact that this has no substantive proof), so he can't be in support of singing and dancing . . . really? The same Christ attended the synagogues were such took place on a daily basis . . . do u have a reference where he specifically prohibited such?

Why does al'lah "prohibit praises"? What is he afraid of?

Frizy:

As for David, then played the harp which can't be compared to this electric drums and co.

1 Chronicles 13:8 And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.

Those are far louder than a harp which is essentially like an acoustic guitar.

Frizy:

and if you want me to educate you, it was after the Solomons' incidence that shows that jinns loved it- that may not be understood but I talked about Solomon in a thread("The Great Book: The only . . .science and history)I don't have to name the older generation christain did that are no more in practise. On the otherhand, every sunnah of Mohamme'd and Great Religious tradition is not left untouched.
How do you talk of your Creator like this?Did Jesus even create a fly. I wish I could make you see but I can I do if All'ah's intention is to keep you straying. I pray you know the truth and I pray that the veil covering your sight will disappear soon. When you realize the truth I'll be like your friend and not your enemy as it appears to be with you.

straw man alert! When they can't find anything to defend themselves they resort to the irrelevant.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Frizy(m): 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2008
Wo. Am going to sleep it's almost 12 midnight. I may God guide you and set your affairs right.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by dTouch: 10:55pm On Mar 31, 2008
Hmmmmmm. Guys, no need to fight. Sometimes the questions we post reveal what's deep inside. Who can dance, Who can sing in the sense used in this thread? A heart filled with the love and transforming power of God Almighty will always dance and sing at the mention of His name. Just stating this alone brings inexplicable joy and peace. Why do our dear muslim brothers cry at the joy the Christians have? There is peace, love and comfort only in the name of JESUS CHRIST and it is in HIM we dance.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by simmy(m): 4:15pm On May 13, 2008
im surprised tht people continue to debate over stupid topics like this.
Re: Did Jesus Dance And Sing? by Sisikill: 5:28pm On May 13, 2008
What exactly is the harm from singing and dancing? I mean if there was a chance it can be misconstrued as something sinister like oh I don’t know . . .burnt sacrifices, I'll understand why you're perplexed but it is singing and dancing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? / I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara / Ramadan: Christians Feed Muslim Orphans & Widows In Kafanchan, Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.