Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,526 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife (37706 Views)

Man Poisons Pregnant Girlfriend In Imo State (Pictured) / Beninoise Wife Poisons Husband Over Boyfriend In Lagos (PHOTO) / Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over PDP, APC Presidential Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Tjohn1(m): 10:04am On Mar 20, 2013
PORT HARCOURT–It was gory sight yesterday in Mgboshiminu community in Obio/Akpor Local Government of Rivers State as Charity Ovudah, 36, allegedly stabbed her husband to death after first poisoning his food.

The alleged murder said to have taken place in the night before was reportedly provoked by the deceased, Peter Ovudah’s attempt to bring a second wife into the matrimonial home he had shared with the alleged killer.

A family source said the decease had already concluded plans to bring the new wife, who was pregnant, into the family houset before Charity’s fatal reaction.

Mrs. Igbokwe Onyeka, a neighbour to the Ovudahs revealed that; “The family had been quarreling over the issue of a second wife but no one anticipated that Charity would be so angered killed her husband.

A 19-year-old housemaid to the Ovudahs, who gave her name as simply Loveth said she witnessed how Ovudah died, saying she first noticed that Charity added something to her husband’s food that fateful night.

she said: “I was the one who served the food for my aunt’s husband but my aunt added something that looked like salt and mixed it together.

“So when Oga came back and started eating I was monitoring him. After about 30 minutes he started behaving strange and fell off the dining chair, rolling on the floor and shouting for help.

“That was when my aunt came and stabbed him till he gave up”, she said.

The suspected killer was said to have disappeared the moment the housemaid alerted neighbours of her action, but the remains of the deceased has been deposited at the BraithwaiteMemorialHospital mortuary in Port Harcourt.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/wife-poisons-stabs-husband-to-death-over-second-wife/
Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by rezzy: 10:16am On Mar 20, 2013
This man caused his own death, he shouldnt have dared to think of bringing the other lady into their home. RIP

11 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by vallycan: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2013
Illitracy is surely deadly as disease itself,dis is wat hapen to a poor junky family who lacks luster of undastandin coinside wit ignorance: may b in ya next generation u'll undastand dat d consequences of takin a second wife is lik fire on d mountain

1 Like

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2013
@OP pls next time add a link to buttress your post.

One has to be extremely careful. Yesterday it was husband on his wife, today's post says wife on her husband. Hmmm

Link www.theheraldng.com/jealous-wife-poisons-stabs-husband-to-death-over-second-wife/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 20, 2013
Another befitting price for infidelity!!!Cheaters beware.Stupid man,u no die well,RIP my fab behind mtchewww!!!

8 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by eforce: 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
Killing someone over infidelity would only land you in jail , here is how to handle infidelity in marriage.

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/02/how-to-handle-infidelity-and-adultery.html

1 Like

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by zayhal(f): 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
I need to understand the way people think. So which one is a worse crime? Infidelity or murder? Are they even comparable? Comments such as the ones above would only make people get bolder to commit heinous crimes in the society.

Why should a woman kill her husband because he's taking another wife? So what's the woman's gain after killing the husband, becoming a murderer and jeopardizing the future of her kids. I don't even see any sense behind the killing. One senator's wife did same to her husband few months ago and that one was even the second wife o.

Is it by force? If your husband does not value you any longer and sees the need to take another wife, if you can't cope with it, why not just quit the marriage instead of destroying lives?

Now this woman will be on the run all through her life or spend the rest of her miserable life in jail. I guess this is a better option than sharing her husband with another woman.

49 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by biolabee(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
byvan: Another befitting price for infidelity!!!Cheaters beware.Stupid man,u no die well,RIP my fab behind mtchewww!!!

I observe its the women dancing onthis man's grave
How is this infidelity
He brought a woman he married with the customs of his people into his home and was killed for it
Is polygamy now infidelity

SMH

18 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by biolabee(m): 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
zayhal: I need to understand the way people think. So which one is a worse crime? Infidelity or murder? Are they even comparable? Comments such as the ones above would only make people get bolder to commit heinous crimes in the society.

Why should a woman kill her husband because he's taking another wife? So what's the woman's gain after killing the husband, becoming a murderer and jeopardizing the future of her kids. I don't even see any sense behind the killing. One senator's wife did same to her husband few months ago and that one was even the second wife o.

Is it by force? If your husband does not value you any longer and sees the need to take another wife, if you can't cope with it, why not just quit the marriage instead of destroying lives?

Now this woman will be on the run all through her life or spend the rest of her miserable life in jail. I guess this is a better option than sharing her husband with another woman.

Hmm,.. dear post, How can you be advocating this sensible option
That she should leave the house she built with her sweat instead of committing murder
Since i will not enjoy my husband alone, no one will

ish..

Modified:
She is an animal and a blood sucker
May she rot in hell

4 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by zayhal(f): 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
After committing murder can she still stay in that house she built with her sweat? Look at the number of people that will suffer. Her own life is ruined, first off. Her kids will carry the stigma and torment throughout their lives, the man's parents and other beneficiaries who he might be catering for.
Some people are literally making marriage a do or die affair.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by victorian(f): 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
What a waste of life, all for greed and stupidity... How can a man bring a second wife home , to juggle shoulders with the first wife.... How will men feel if their wife bring in another man to the house, as a second husband? Won't men run crazy and even kill the wife!.... I wonder how some men reason... Only him killed himself, with his own stupidity... For some women , it's a do or die affair, especially when she feels , she is no longer marketable for the next person... Am not saying its right for her to kill, but the husband, got what he deserved.....smh... angry

4 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by ifeanyi83(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
Double murder...Lord have mercy!!!...
Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by obi123: 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
please forward this story to that guy that wanted to help his brother's widow by marrying her as second wife, husband to one wife is a full time job talk-less of husband to 2 women

1 Like

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Nwogbe: 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
Serious
Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Artistree: 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
Due to the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number HAS grown cold.

1 Like

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Regiblinkz(m): 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
Why will reasonable men take a second wife

2 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by BlackPeni5: 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
Another reason to remain single

4 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
Some women are just nuts...

It's high time we stopped blaming men for domestic violence, women are just as violent as men... Some of these psychotic women deserve the wicked men that they get sometimes and I've learned that it's better to slap them around from time to time than being all lovey-dovey with them...

I don't support beating up women, but some of these ratchet women need to be JUDGED!! Women are getting crazier by day - may God help us all.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
T-john:
PORT HARCOURT–It was gory sight yesterday in Mgboshiminu community in Obio/Akpor Local Government of Rivers State as Charity Ovudah, 36, allegedly stabbed her husband to death after first poisoning his food.

The alleged murder said to have taken place in the night before was reportedly provoked by the deceased, Peter Ovudah’s attempt to bring a second wife into the matrimonial home he had shared with the alleged killer.

A family source said the decease had already concluded plans to bring the new wife, who was pregnant, into the family houset before Charity’s fatal reaction.

Mrs. Igbokwe Onyeka, a neighbour to the Ovudahs revealed that; “The family had been quarreling over the issue of a second wife but no one anticipated that Charity would be so angered killed her husband.

A 19-year-old housemaid to the Ovudahs, who gave her name as simply Loveth said she witnessed how Ovudah died, saying she first noticed that Charity added something to her husband’s food that fateful night.

she said: “I was the one who served the food for my aunt’s husband but my aunt added something that looked like salt and mixed it together.

“So when Oga came back and started eating I was monitoring him. After about 30 minutes he started behaving strange and fell off the dining chair, rolling on the floor and shouting for help.

“That was when my aunt came and stabbed him till he gave up”, she said.

The suspected killer was said to have disappeared the moment the housemaid alerted neighbours of her action, but the remains of the deceased has been deposited at the BraithwaiteMemorialHospital mortuary in Port Harcourt.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/wife-poisons-stabs-husband-to-death-over-second-wife/

I was a witness to this. I was there LIVE! So how does this affect the price of garri in mbgoshimini market? Or the price of crude oil Agip pumps from mbgoshimini community? Everyman to his tent! Rubbish!!
Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by hardbody: 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
vallycan: Illitracy is surely deadly as disease itself,dis is wat hapen to a poor junky family who lacks luster of undastandin coinside wit ignorance: may b in ya next generation u'll undastand dat d consequences of takin a second wife is lik fire on d mountain

I agree with you completely. Illiteracy is a deadly disease considering in particular the way you write. I hope you get cured sometime soon.

4 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by scobaba: 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
E dey happen na.

Where I grew up In lagos, 'first wife poisoned husband, second and third wife'.

1 Like

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by baby124: 2:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
All these ijekuje girls following married men. And the useless married men too. You just never know what devil resides in the home or what devil you are bringing in. Now the longthroat girl will be left high and dry! All a useless venture afterall.
Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Artistree: 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
biolabee:

How is this infidelity
He brought a woman he married with the customs of his people into his home and was killed for it

SMH
Polygamy is another name for Infidelity if u understand fully what both mean.
Much as I do not take sides with evil, my bias here is that he was absolutely wrong to impregnate someone else when he was still married.
The murderer sure would have no peace till she's brought to book.

1 Like

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
Fellas, time to start JUDGING women - they need to be judged before they kill everyone off...

I know she's going to start acting sober now and blaming the dead man for killing him... Women never accept their faults even when it's glaring that are they guilty... Judge them before they kill you..

I'm out, yo..

1 Like

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
biolabee:

How is this infidelity

SMH
Don't mind that ignoramus. Infidelity ko, infedile ni...mschew!!

now, why would the woman go as far as poisoning him then stabbing him? psycho much..

1 Like

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by Igosun: 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Kai the man must have known who he married now, now he's gone but that woman is v. wicked killed her husband cos he married another wife? Kai i would rather face my work and my children very well.
Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by vislabraye(m): 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
vallycan: Illitracy is surely deadly as disease itself,dis is wat hapen to a poor junky family who lacks luster of undastandin coinside wit ignorance: may b in ya next generation u'll undastand dat d consequences of takin a second wife is lik fire on d mountain

It could happen to anyone even the educated. One could be educated but the beast in him cannot be tamed by school.

1 Like

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by honeric01(m): 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
byvan: Another befitting price for infidelity!!!Cheaters beware.Stupid man,u no die well,RIP my fab behind mtchewww!!!

YOU"RE NOT A HUMAN BEING!

2 Likes

Re: Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife by 1shortblackboy: 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned undecided ya'll niggas be carefull now

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Jacob Sylvester Is Missing In Ibadan (Pictures) / Hoodlums Beat Pregnant Woman To Coma, After Taking Tramadol In Rivers (graphic) / Banker Arrested Over Dead Man ’s N23m Account Fraud (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.