Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,798,725 members, 6,687,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 23 January 2022 at 01:39 AM

Bad Friday, Good Friday And Better Friday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bad Friday, Good Friday And Better Friday (720 Views)

Good Friday: Is Abstaining From Meat Superstitous Or Biblical? / Good Friday Crucifixion Of Jesus In Nigeria / Bad Friday, Good Friday And Better Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Friday, Good Friday And Better Friday by samsonola(m): 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2008
Really whats good about good friday, is it the same day that the bible claims that god was dragged, flogged,crucified, e.t.c, and you call that good, u are really happy about that. It should be called bad friday.

The better friday is the one where muslims go to the mosque and observe real worship to the mighty creator. smiley
Re: Bad Friday, Good Friday And Better Friday by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 27, 2008
samsonola:

The better friday is the one where mooslims go to the mosque and observe "real worship" to the mighty creator. smiley
and come out to chop off heads of unsuspecting infidels while shouting allahu arched bar!

I couldn't agree more.
Re: Bad Friday, Good Friday And Better Friday by Joey82(m): 9:36am On Mar 28, 2008
@poster, i even thought urs will b d best friday, am surprised at u saying its d better friday.
To xtians, its good friday, cos its d day d work of redemption was accomplished, in that through d death of christ, humanity was reconciled back to God by christ's precious blood.
God also considers it good because it is a day mankind was finally saved, a day God himself had long waited for.
Re: Bad Friday, Good Friday And Better Friday by babs787(m): 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2008
@joey82

@poster, i even thought urs will b d best friday, am surprised at u saying its d better friday.
To xtians, its good friday, because its d day d work of redemption was accomplished, in that through d death of christ, humanity was reconciled back to God by christ's precious blood.
God also considers it good because it is a day mankind was finally saved, a day God himself had long waited for

If truly Jesus was crucified on friday, how did it measure 3 days and 3 nights for the fact he rose (as put by you) on sunday morning?

How was Jesus like Jonah since he gave the sign of Jonah as his only miraculous sign because Jonah did NOT DIE when he went through that ordeal?
Re: Bad Friday, Good Friday And Better Friday by aboroma: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2008
A good Christian does not eat meats on Fridays, and good Christian does not tell lies on Fridays. But one day father met BUKU eating meat;
Father: you are eating meat on Friday?
Bukku: no father is not meat.
Father: you are telling lies on Friday ?
Buku: no father.
Father: Tell me.
Buku: Father, my family were very hungry, and went to the bush and hunted for a rabbit and i sprinkled water on it and i said from meat to became fish. Because when you met me , my name was Buku when you sprinkled water on me i became John.

(1) (Reply)

Some More Bible Contradictions; / Society Without God / Why Is There Still So Much Tension Between Catholics & Penticostal In This Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.