Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story (8725 Views)

Random Campus True Life Stories . / My Days As An OAU Fresher - True Life Story / Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 1:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
"Make I go see wetin make children dey shout anyhow for outside jhor"

I said arising from my creativity, if that could be creativity as I was busy drawing carricatures of people I had watched in movies, all those nameless actors and bosses that kill themselves for no reason. I walked slowly outside due to two factors, 1. I had looked for the trouble of one big almajiri that threatened to whip me should he lay his hands on me and 2. I was putting on no shirts, my small wee-wee was dangling in-between my legs like no man business.

It is normal to come out into the compound naked without anyone saying or doing anything to you but going out of the main yard is the problem. Adamu was always there to chase naked children that venture step out of our compound back into the house. Sometimes my little mind wonders why he does so since the kids are not ashamed being seen in their birthday suits.

I walked to the main gate (just a single door sha), and peeked outside this time taking my time to stare at the shop which Adamu occupies. He was no where to be found, I also looked at the garage and was satisfied that it was closed then proceeded to flash my wee-wee to the whole world. I made my way to where the children were gathered proudly displaying my peanut with no care in the world. I was only 3 years old.

"Na wetin una dey do na?"

I asked them innocently. Emeka my Igbo neighbour whose family occupies the top flat looked at me with his yellow face.

"Na hole we wan dig"

I was pissed off.

"So na hole una wan dig na im make una dey shout so tay I leave wetin I dey do abi"

I asked no one in particular.

"Yes na, you don ever dig hole before, abi you don see where them dey dig hole"

Ekoja asked.

"Yes na, I don see where them dey dig hole, when them pack the shit for our toilet before, the men dig hole so that the shit go enter ground"

I replied him before adding:

"Hunnnn, abi una wan shit for here?"

That caught the attention of the villian in their midst.

"Attai, better enter inside before I slap you"

Mustapha spoke out. A lean black, tall (in my childish eyes sha) Hausa boy or so we believed. Later found out they are Bendels from Edo.

"You fit beat me? See as you dey talk. Stubborn boy"

I abused him the only abuse my innocent mind could think of. As kids we were not brought up to know abuses, the one we are farmiliar with is the one used on us daily like "you be stubborn boy".

"Na me you dey abuse ba, see you wey no wear cloth. I must tell Adamu"

Mustapha threatened.

"Abeg no call am, make I go inside go wear short knicker come back"

I pleaded. Mustapha ignored my pleas and screamed on top of his lungs:

"Adamu!!!! Attai bai saka wando ba!!! Adamu!!! Attai bai saka wando ba!!!"

Translated in English from Hausa (Adamu!!! Attai is not putting on pants).

Before he could complete his shout, I was already on high speed heading home as fast as my short legs could carry me, my eyes fixed solely on Adamu's door. I was beginning to think he was not around when all of a sudden he appeared with a dagger running so fast towards me to block my path while I increase my speed shouting:

"Mama! Mama!! Mama!!!"

Instead of diverting, I was trying to beat him to the gate which he got to before me and spread his arms open which I ran into with such speed that Usain Bolts would have been jealous was he in my area then.

"Wa ya ce wai kar ka sa wando? Yau zan nu na maka wuta"

Adamu spoke in his funny Niger accented Hausa. Translated as "Who said you should not wear pants? I will show you fire today"

To which I screamed:

"Dan-allah, ba zan kuma ba. Yi hakuri"

Translated as "Please or because of God I won't do it again. Sorry or be patient with me"

I was crying much to the delight of Adamu and the other children who left their hole digging to come and watch what Adamu would do to me. Adamu threw me on the ground ordering me to open my leg which I foolishly did amidst shouting and pleading. He grabbed my peanut raising his dagger up:

"In ka yanka gindi na ba zan iya fitsari ba, kar ka yanka dan-allah"

I was pleading with him. Translated "If you cut my wee-wee I won't be able to take a piss again, don't cut it off please"

To me I felt the pe..n*s was only designed for pissing, if only I had known there was something more attached other than pissing, I wouldn't have allowed him touch my pee-pee.

"Za ka kuma yi?"

Adamu asked his dagger close to my pee-pee menancingly. Translated "Will you do it again?"

"Ah ah!!! No!!!"

I screamed. Tears gushing out from my eyes while the other children laughed and clapped their hands. If only this children will keep quite, I thought with anger in my little mind.

"Da kyau Shikena, inna kama ka wata rana sai na yanka"

Adamu said, translated as "That's good, that's all, if I catch you another day, I must cut it off". With this he released my while I ran with full speed into our yard.

Since that day I never ventured out of the yard without a pant or shorts.

**Welcome to my world as I take you down memory lane**

3 Likes

Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by Paragonova: 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
behind u.. Ride on grin
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by Imprida(f): 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
Drags popcorn grin
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by kcreal(f): 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2013
Subscribing .......
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by greedie1(f): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
4th to comment, hurray!!!!
foxy, ride on
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by kcreal(f): 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Takes a seat in the front row.

#Oga Foxy we need regular update ooooo, don't keep us waiting#
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
"Wait make I go piss na, make una never start "catcha" till I come back"

I pleaded as I ran towards the bathroom to take a pee. The children asked me to hurry up as they will not wait for me if I don't piss on time. I brought out my wee-wee and to pee but discovered that the pee was taking time to come out and a kind of sensation was working on my pee-pee. Soon I felt something hot coming out and instead of going straight to the gutter which ran pass the bathroom, it fell on my body.

It was a dream!!! shocked shocked shocked

I woke up looking like a thief, in fact I will say I was a thief. How? I had wet the bed (abi na mat) and in my house, it is highly discouraged to bed-wet when you know the road to the toilet which was located in the far end of the compound.

"Na wetin I go do now o?"

My mind was beating as I looked round me in the darkness of the early morning. I felt around the mat until I touched my twin sister then directed my hand to the skirt she was putting on, it was dry.

"Chei, I don die today o"

I said within me putting my hand on my head. How will I escape this one na when everybody wakes up and discover I had piss on the mat, then a mini-hell will be let lose. That hell is something I don't want to see. I had to act quickly.

I stood up in the darkness, listening to my father snore on his bed with my mother breathing silently by his side. I went towards "adudu" (igala name for basket where clothes are kept) to see if I would find a miracle, this I did. A short knicker. I quickly changed and went back to bed (mat) but this time I pushed my twin sister to my part of the mat and slept on her own part. She was lying directly on top of my urine while I slept on a dry mat. I smiled to myself as I closed my eyes, drifting slowly into dreamland.

"Mama no be me o, I no piss. Touch my front."

It was my twin sister screaming on top of her voice actually shocked that she had woken up with pee on her body, something she did not do.

"You sure because I go flog you well well if na you"

My mother asked her.

"Yes mama, no be me, e be like say na Attai"

My sister replied.

I paused in my breathing, my heart beating fervently as I waited in suspence.

"Attai! Attai!!"

My mother screamed my name. I kept quite, refusing to answer, answering her was a disaster, instead I closed my eyes tight and prayed for sleep to take me back to dreamland.

"Taaaasssss"

It was a loud slap on my face that prompted me to jump up.

"You no hear say them dey call you, oya go palour"

My immediate elder brother said to me in an aggressive manner. I quickly jumped up to face judgment with confidence but then something was about to spoil my game.

"Attai na you piss for bed?"

Mama asked me.

"No be me"

I replied looking down.

"You sure?"

She asked again stressing the syllables.

"Yes mama"

I also stressed the syllables.

"Mama na lie, see the short-knicker wey him piss inside"

My elder brother's voice cut through the room. I had been caught.

After the beating that morning, I was thrown outside the compound naked with children from both my compound and the street singing for me a Hausa song, clapping their hands and hitting jerry-cans to make me dance. I was pushed around when I stopped dancing, I had no option than to cry and dance at the same time.

Call "Attai neh" (It is Attai)

Response "Mai fitsari kwance" (That pisses while asleep) **on and on** grin grin

**To be Continued**.... Your thoughts are highly welcomed
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by kcreal(f): 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
Hahahaha, no be small thing.
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by Imprida(f): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Lmao so funny
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
"A for Apple
B for Ball
C for Cat
D for Dog
E for Egg
F for Fish
G for Goat!!!"

We were all screaming on top of our lungs as the child that went in front of the black board read from a poster that had the 26 letters with various objects drawn underneath them. Learning was fun as the boy never cared to look at the black board, he had crammed everything, so for all of us so we just wait for him to take the lead then follow suit.

Me and my twin sister had been enrolled in an "Otakara Lesson" runned by one member of the church my mother attends (Deeper Life) **Make una no think am, if anybody bash my Deeper Life background, I go reply am back well angry angry**. She had come to our house one early morning as me and my sister were being bathed, that was before my younger brother was born. My mother was bathing us when a knock was heard on the door. She stopped bathing us to look at the entrance to the house (we were being bathed in a plastic bath right in the parlour) as the person opened the curtain and entered.

"Good morning Sister" (Typical deeper lifer greeting)

She greeted my mother who had wiped her wet hands on her wrapper to go and offer the woman a seat on one of our wooden chairs those days **That was before cushion chair became popular**.

"Good morning sister, how your family, how your daughter, how your husband, how everybody na"

My mother greeted her in the old fashion way where you spend close to an hour greeting someone, then another hour talking about what brougt you.

"I no see you for service yesterday, na wetin happen na?"

The Sister asked.

"Eh, na road I dey o and my daughter no come quick"

My mother answered.

"This your children fine o"

She said pointing at me and my sister. (Normal way of drifting the conversation)

"How una dey na"

She added.

"Them dey fine o, oya children greet sister"

My mother said without checking to see if we were alright. We were practically freezing as it was during the harmattan period in Kano. We did not bother greeting the sister, she was the cause why we still remained in our bath water.

"Them don start school?"

Sister asked again.

"No o, but them go soon start"

My mother replied.

"No worry, I go send my daughter come pick them tomorrow, just tell your husband. Na N20 be lesson fees"

Sister said. That settled it. The next day we found ourselves in the lesson where we were taught various things, both important and unimportant ones.

Lesson closed for the day, the distance from Gandu to Tudun Maliki (Anyone farmiliar with that area, I grew up in a compound there, facing Alhaji Bako's house and my real name is Attai) was really a long work which as threw years olds we undertook, chatting and gisting and sometimes bursting into a new song that we were taught in the lesson.

"I fit waka for this place"

I told my sister as I moved close to the stone slab that is used to adorn the edge of gutters.

"Attai, you fit fall inside o, no try am"

My sister warned me.

"Wetin you know, no be woman you be?"

I replied her before climbing it. Taking two steps on it:

"Splash!!!!"

I fell into the gutter, every part of my body immersed in the dirty black liquid that is the trademark of gutters in Kano then. Rescue came but I had to walk the mile from Hausawa opposite NITEL office home covered in black smelly substance. I learnt my lesson later in life never to argue with my sister each time she warns me because I always fail if I do. The next one was nearly drowning inside a gutter that was dug opposite the Kano Zoo when the government wanted to tar the road.

**To be continued**
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
Paragonova: behind u.. Ride on grin

You are highly welcome.
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by Imprida(f): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
grin
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
Imprida: Drags popcorn grin

You will need something to dilute it so you don't choke on it grin

Welkam my prend **In hausa accent** grin grin
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
gree-die:
4th to comment, hurray!!!!
foxy, ride on

For being 4th to comment, I make you my official crush for this thread. **Whispers** Call me... My number is down there grin grin
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
kcreal: Subscribing .......

Thanks for subscribing

kcreal: Takes a seat in the front row.

#Oga Foxy we need regular update ooooo, don't keep us waiting#

Don't worry about the updates... I go update una wella
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
3 updates in so short a period. You might find errors in my work but have it behind your mind that I don't proof read it neither do I run spell checks, just type directly and send it.

Please bear with me. Just relieving my childhood memories though I would love it to have less errors.

Thanks for following....

---Remember, do not read without commenting---
cool
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by Imprida(f): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

You will need something to dilute it so you don't choke on it grin

Welkam my prend **In hausa accent** grin grin
Thanks i will use zobo cheesy
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
After study and travel wahala, I don show like James Bond
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by Therock5555(m): 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
Bro kip it up. I wan laf more
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
Mart d dart: After study and travel wahala, I don show like James Bond

Welcome back... But you been tell me say you wan travel? undecided
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by ITbomb(m): 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
Booking my front row
I will come n read later
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
ITbomb: Booking my front row
I will come n read later

Welcome Sir.
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by princesa(f): 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
a three year old having this kind of developed vocabulary
and you can still remember incidents like that vividly
oh please spare Me cool

*you can write sha*
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
We had finished or still going to the lesson, I can't remember that for now but I know I was around 4 years that time when one morning while taking the usual Akamu and Akara (popularly called koko da kosai in kano) my mum announced that we would start school the following week. We were going to attend the same school as my elder brothers. It was called "Quality Nursery and Primary School" then but was later changed to "Top Quality Nursery and Primary School" when the school was shared between the two brothers, Mr. Charles (Uncle Charles) and Mr. Philip (Uncle Philip). I was destined to become the Head Boy of the school when it was later extended to secondary school popularly called "Top Quality College".

Enough of the biography.

The d-day came, the day we were to start nursery 1 and I was more than happy as mama bathed me and my sister. We were suppose to go for the interview that day because school fees had already been paid by my father. After our bath, I remember my mother dressing me in a native hausa cloth, that was before General Sani Abacha made "Tazarce" the reigning Hausa wear. The cloth I had on was a hausa sown jumper that reached my knee and a trouser of same material with a palm sandals to match.

Usual break-fast, Akara and Akamu. While eating, something whispered into my ear, "Hide some Akara inside your pocket wey you go chop for school". This I promptly did then whispered to my sister to do the same this, she refused. I did not even wait till we got to the school before smashing the Akara balls to small pieces and started picking it bit by bit and eating not knowing I had created a huge transluscent stain on my breast pocket. When Mama wanted to clean my face for the last time which she smeared abundantly with Pomade, she noticed the stain.

"Attai, wetin happen to this clean shirt wey I just wear you?"

She asked me, her brows knitted.

"I no know o, e be like say na like that e dey"

I replied. The happiness in my mind about starting school making me not to have the slightest hint of hear. I just kept skipping from one foot to another while my mother wondered what had stained my cloth.

"Him put Akara for pocket"

The tiny voice of my sister cut through my happiness.

"Eh, Attai so na Akara you put for pocket abi"

Mama Sarah, a neighbour that was passing by who had stopped to admire my sister and I since we were starting a proper school for the first time said.

"No, na so the shirt dey, na so e come from tailor"

I interjected.

"Shut up there, stubborn boy, so na Akara oil for pocket you wan carry go disgrace me for the headmaster place abi. E no go work. In fact you too small to start school this year, you go stay house with me. You go start next year"

My mother dropped the bomb shell. I was surprised because I had not seen any harm in what I did. I just looked at my mum speechlessly while trying to empty my pocket of the remaining crums of Akara.

"Mama abeg na, help me wash the cloth"

I begged her, though I did not cry. I saw nothing in crying because of school.

"Owk, I go wash am when I come back, na tomorrow we go go your own school"

My mum finalized. There was no way I was going to allow them put my twin sister in school before me, in fact, I must follow them my little mind seemed to be saying.

"Abeg help me watch Attai till I come back"

My mother asked Mama Chika who was watching the little drama with interest. Bueze her son had not started school yet because he was the last child, though we play all the time, his mother takes him with her to her shop each time she was going out. There was no freedom at her shop so I was in the least not happy when my mother handed me over to her.

"Owk, you go come pick am from shop when you come back"

Mama Chika told my mother as my mother stepped to the passage that lead outside the compound.

"Attai, wetin you don allow make e happen to you. How you go allow your sister start school before you?"

My mind enquired. I waited till Mama Chika moved from the balcony which she stood on, and at the count of 3 ran outside the compound after my mother and sister. I caught up with them some distance from the house but refuse to show myself. I was hiding from them, forming "Ninja" by hiding behind trees and blocks of fences until we got to Tukuntawa and a wide field where I could hide no more. It was there my mother saw me, it was already too late to send me back so she allowed me follow them registering me and my sister at "Quality Nursery and Primary School, Front of Gidan Radio, Tukuntawa".

That was how I started nursery school!!!

My days in nursery school were really off the hook... I will share them later grin grin grin

To be continued...
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
princesa: a three year old having this kind of developed vocabulary
and you can still remember incidents like that vividly
oh please spare Me cool

*you can write sha*

Miss. Princesa... I remember stuffs as far back as when I was 2 and half years. Though I can't remember everything but I can swear on my life that everything being related here actually happened to me for real.

Just relax and enjoy my biography, then take a break following this link which you will enjoy well...

https://www.nairaland.com/1229471/did-bad-please-judge-me

I await your feedback.
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
Might update later in the night but if I fail to, then it will be tomorrow by God's grace.

Await your scrutinies and feed backs
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by greedie1(f): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

For being 4th to comment, I make you my official crush for this thread. **Whispers** Call me... My number is down there grin grin
lol... **whispers** expect my call honi wink
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by ITbomb(m): 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

Just relax and enjoy my biography, then take a break following this link which you will enjoy well...

You mean I should read all these from 2 years?
Nah
Call me when u don begin to ƒuck.
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
ITbomb:
You mean I should read all these from 2 years?
Nah
Call me when u don begin to ƒuck.

See diz dude... Relax na... Why you dey wet diz readers appetite na...
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by donifez(m): 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
Grabbing a seat.
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by YOUNGKAHUNA: 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
Childhood Is Always Fun...............

Ina Bin Ka Ah Baya.
Re: The Biography Of Foxybone --- A True Life Story by YOUNGKAHUNA: 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
@ITBomb, Chillax Man.........Go Through The Post And Ye'll See It's Fun.

Are You That Addicted To Sex?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For 9mobile Prize For Literature 2018 / A Very Short Christian Story: "Talitha Cumi" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola / Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.