Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial (9401 Views)

Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent / What Happened To Kabiru Sokoto? / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by OurYansh: 2:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Boko Haram: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto’s Trial

The trial of Kabiru Umar popularly known as Kabiru Sokoto over alleged acts of terrorism has been stalled following the inability of the prosecution counsel, Chioma Onuegbu to attach a proof of evidence to the amended charges filed against the accused person.

Justice Adeniyi Ademola while adjourning the case to 19 April for trial ordered the department of state service to allow the suspect free access to a lawyer as he was not represented in court.

The court also ordered the prosecutor to serve the accused person with a summary of the case, the list of witnesses and any other evidence they have against him before 12 April to enable him prepare his defence.

Kabiru Sokoto is standing trial for allegedly planting and encouraging his boys to bomb the police headquarters in Sokoto state between 2007 and 2012.

He is also accused of concealing information about the bombing of Saint Theresa’s Catholic Church in Madalla, Niger state on the 25th December, 2011 in addition to illegally training about 500 men and inciting them to commit a terrorist act.

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/20/boko-haram-absence-of-evidence-stalls-kabiru-sokotos-trial/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by Gboliwe: 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
Its a shame this man will walk free in the very near future. That is the pitiable state the judiciary has degenerated to. The system is so corrupt and his sponsors are the guys in power.
Such a shame.

8 Likes

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by OurYansh: 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Gboliwe: Its a shame this man will walk free in the very near future. That is the pitiable state the judiciary has degenerated to. The system is so corrupt and his sponsors are the guys in power.
Such a shame.
Ohhhh baby!!!

kiss

cool

@MODS.. Thank for Front-page honour... wink
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by JomoGbomo2(m): 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
I wont be suprise if this guy is actually innocent and he was just picked on the road and labelled "Kabiru Sokoto". Nigeria is the only place in the world where a rabbit will be beaten to confess and agree that he is a goat that ate the missing yam.

How can they not have Good eveidence against someone that perpetrated such heniuos crimes.....for how many months now have they put him in custody.

12 Likes

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by Tolexander: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
I think the best way to handle this case is to transfer it to UK where James Onanefe Ibori was convicted or South Africa where Henry Okah was convicted. Cos i see no reason why the prosecution of a criminal that had committed a crime and arrested was delayed till now after many months of committing the crimes.

3 Likes

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by Samsantos9: 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
SMH EVERTHING IN NIGERIA IS MESSED UP INCLUDING OUR JUDICIAL SYSTEM MAY GOD HELP US.
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by timpaker(m): 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
WTF!!! :oI can't believe this! angry
Why was he arrested then? angry angry
Oh Naija!!! cry cry cry
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by iamswizz(m): 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
I KNOW I WONT STAY IN NIGERIA ALL MY LIFE!!!! SO NO NEED TO COMPLAIN cry
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by dammy1985: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
Na thunder go fire dem... Useless people

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by takedat(m): 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Another show of shame. Absence of evidence after many months of investigation.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by alexchiny: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
Gboliwe: Its a shame this man will walk free in the very near future. That is the pitiable state the judiciary has degenerated to. The system is so corrupt and his sponsors are the guys in power.
Such a shame
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font].

Please expatiate on that, since you know something we dont!
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by condralbede(m): 4:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
Our judicial system are very loose and incompentent,i was nt expecting anytin less than that....its a big shame.
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
Tolexander: I think the best way to handle this case is to transfer it to UK where James Onanefe Ibori was convicted or South Africa where Henry Okah was convicted. Cos i see no reason why the prosecution of a criminal that had committed a crime and arrested was delayed till now after many months of committing the crimes.

I think the chioma onuegbu might be scared,she must,ve read about the threat on sagir musas life,someone might be sending some scary texts as well to her.she need to either withdraw herself from the case if that is the case and allow another counsel to continue or be brave and continue with the case.

To hell with boko haram
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by Okijajuju1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
If there is no evidence, they should just give one Mopol 500 naira to shoot him and call it accidental discharge.

Or

Pay a prisons services guy to shoot him and call it attempted escape.

And if any of his killers goto Jail, President Jonathan can just pardon him later on.

angry

12 Likes

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by rushman003: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
Don't seem to understand this! How can dey governement take a terrorist to court without clear evidence that he actually committed the offence leveled against him!!! This is so hilarious! When will Nigeria Government stop deceiving her citizen!!!!!??
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by Artistree: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
Lack of evidence ke?
Very soon now, all these fiful na bomb at sight dem go dey do...may God help us all.
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by Hadone(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
WHEN WE'RE TRYING TO BRING PEOPLES ATTENTION ABOUT SUCH ISSUES HERE IN THE NORTH NOBODY TEND TO LISTEN. RATHER ABUSES USUALLY FOLLOWS ALWAYS. THIS IS THE SAME WAY THE JTF IS KILLING INNOCENT CITIZEN IN MAIDUGURI AND MAKING THE NEWSPAPER HEADLINES THAT 52, 24, 30 BOKOHARAM SUSPECTS WERE KILLED DURING THE GUN BATTLE WITH THE JTF. AND WORST OF ALL IS THAT MAJORITY OF THEM WERE EVEN PICKED FROM THEIR OWN HOUSES NOT ON THE STREETS. YOU SEE IF THIS STU.PID BOKO BOYS WILL BE TRACED WERE EVER THEY ARE AND APPROPRIATELY DEALTH WITH, THEN WE THE NORTHERNER'S WILL APPRECIATE IT MOST BECOUSE IT'S OUR REGION THAT WILL LIVE IN PEACE. BUT NOBODY SEE IT THE WAY IT IS.

4 Likes

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by baby124: 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
lol, what do they need, a picture with him setting off the bomb or paying the bombers their allowance

2 Likes

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by OurYansh: 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
alexchiny: Please expatiate on that, since you know something we dont!

Mr. Man are you too lazy to do some research on the circumstances surrounding the arrest of Kabiru??

Is‎​ the Lady meant to breastfeed you intellectually??

cool cool
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by jentlsoul: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
Such a shame.
GEJ know the sponsors and he is in power so who are blame?
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by noskeybaba: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
Absence of Evidence kwa? Which other evidence them need? Are the people he killed not enough evidence? Na wah O°˚˚˚.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by TableLeg(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Our Yansh:

Mr. Man are you too lazy to do some research on the circumstances surrounding the arrest of Kabiru??

Is‎​ the Lady meant to breastfeed you intellectually??

cool cool
Thank you my friend... Alex Chinny is an idio...t who loves to be spoon fed everything ... Typical, lazy and moro...nic!
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by Profidada: 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
Whether there is evidence or not i hope he is going through a severe and sustained torture? That is my area of interest.

2 Likes

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by honeric01(m): 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
land of comedians. No evidence after how many months?
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by Camilia247: 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
we are waiting to see what will happen next...i just hope the corrupt judicial system wont stall this proceedings
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by jentlsoul: 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Okija_juju: If there is no evidence, they should just give one Mopol 500 naira to shoot him and call it accidental discharge.

Or

And if any of his killers goto Jail, President Jonathan can just pardon him later on.

angry
criminal and crupt idea

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by OurYansh: 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Okija_juju: If there is no evidence, they should just give one Mopol 500 naira to shoot him and call it accidental discharge.

Or

angry

Ok.. Here you are clamouring for extra-judicial killing of a SUSPECT, yet your brothers were crying BLUE MURDER when Peter Obi killed kidnappers and armed robbers and dumped their bodies in Ezu River...

Why na??

angry

4 Likes

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by jentlsoul: 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
Profidada: Whether there is evidence or not i hope he is going through a severe and sustained torture? That is my area of interest.
is it how the law said or stated?

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by ochukoccna: 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
Such a shame.
Stop moaning
Alams got jail break
Bode George was prosecuted wrongly as his case file is missing shocked shocked shocked [so said the Ministry of Justice DPP]
Tafa balogun's folks are asking for clemency
Maina [Pension's boss] is basking with an Asian harem even as we speak
John Yakubu's case will slip out of consciousness soon
Heck, why should Kabiru not partake of the 5 star treatment? undecided undecided
The Naija of our nightmares wasn't this bad
Deal with the one you have grin grin grin
N:B
Lest I forget, former NSA Azazi [a criminal himself] spoke those immortal words
PDP is Boko Haram and Boko Haram is PDP
Do the math cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
Shoo! Which kinda judiciary they Nija. Them no fit try anyone successful.
Btw this guy fit no be the real 'Kabiru Sokoto'.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by jentlsoul: 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
rushman003: Don't seem to understand this! How can dey governement take a terrorist to court without clear evidence that he actually committed the offence leveled against him!!! This is so hilarious! When will Nigeria Government stop deceiving her citizen!!!!!??
GEJ hand work he will pardon him the same way he pardon his ogas because the ogas sponsor the guy. Pdp ideas
Re: Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial by realsammie(m): 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
baby_123: lol, what do they need, a picture with him setting off the bomb or paying the bombers their allowance

i tire o. Its so painfull the way this country is run. Nigeria is a failed system. Evidence ko, pictures ni. metcheeew.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Moment Orji Uzor Kalu Voted In Today's Governorship Election / Tinubu In Kaduna, Vows To Eliminate Kidnappers, Bandits / Abia Chief Judge Fired By National Judicial Council (NJC) For Age Falsification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.