Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong (10868 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Which of These Punishments Did You Serve As A Kid? (Photo) / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by makaveli1(m): 1:14am On Mar 21, 2013
most of us had that particular punishment we served when we did something wrong while growing up... to some it was just kneeling down and for some it was cleaning the entire house as a punishment while some did what we call 'pick-pin'... the punishment you serve is dependent on how strict your parents are.
For me i frog jumped till ma thighs ached and somtimes it was just kneeling for multiple hours...
you can share yours and make this thread a lively one *cheers*

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by djeezy(m): 6:50am On Mar 21, 2013
Pick pin. It scared the hell outta me. Infact that should be chiefly for military training not for kids.lol

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by makaveli1(m): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2013
djeezy: Pick pin. It scared the hell outta me. Infact that should be chiefly for military training not for kids.lol
LOL... My parents were too kindhearted enuf not to let me and my sibs pick the imaginary pin

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by iamswizz(m): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
i was never punished
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by dove24u(m): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
Frog jump
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
In boarding school, I did frog jumping, crawling on both knees, pick pin, okada (the one where you sit on the air), angle 90 (hanging on the door)..

there is this punishment I heard is called "dig your height" shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
Normal flogging
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by TableLeg(m): 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yeah... It was a standard thing and for a lil rascal me back then ..... its all good though!
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by kenny987(f): 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
In my house, u would kneel 4 a long time and while u're at it, pray audibly to God 4 forgiveness 4 the wrong u did after which my Dad would cane u either on the palms or buttocks, depending on the gravity of the offence.

2 Likes

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by sammmiey1: 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
Koboko

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by TableLeg(m): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella: In boarding school, I did frog jumping, crawling on both knees, pick pin, okada (the one where you sit on the air), angle 90 (hanging on the door)..

there is this punishment I heard is called "dig your height" shocked shocked shocked
How is it possible to seat in the air?!
Did they give you some charms to make that happen or what?!
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by mcevans1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
Fresh pepper mixed with hot water
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sucked her jugs n fvcked my housemaid. That was ma punishment from ma housemaid those days. Bad xperience from her n not to mention I will cry n prefare beating to dat. Theeeeen ooo *until mumsy found out*

3 Likes

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by sureteeboy(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
iamswizz: i was never punished
INDEED!!!
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by dahmie2013: 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sincerely dey were many o! 4rm beating in primary skool, my dad, & second skool punsihments 4rm teachers. But d one dat pains me most is dat driving okada! My thighs & legs will be vibrating. Punishment yapa o! Children of these days are njoying sha! But dey are all history nw!
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
growing up, my dad used to send us to his room to stare at our stupidity (as he called it) in his dressing mirror. We would stand there for HOURS!! Nah, we used to prefer flogging to that nonsense.

My mom didn't punish, she didn't have that time, she just used to whoop our ässes with some useless cane.

6 Likes

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Table Leg :

Nope, you just sit on the air grin grin grin

that stuff did hurt though, one of the worst punishments you can ever receive.

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by slimyem: 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Kneeling down and raising my hands while carrying a heavy stool in it!undecided
...then "siga obo"
....correct flogging too countless times..cool
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by TRILLIONIAR: 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
CIGAR OBO

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
I was my mum's regular costumer for frog jump, up & down (olomo ku iya).
At school, I hate washing the toilet. My secondary school's toilet is the dirtiest in the world. You can't near it @ 100metres. Flies, coackroaches, oozing & stench smell of feaces + urine ll give you typhoid fever & spyrogermans disease.
Luckily 4 me, I didn't wash it till my graduation...

2 Likes

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Chimerase(m): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
I did all kinds of punishment.. In de skul our chairman de skul owner was very wicked he wil ask u to pick pin until u wn faint, then at home I usually kneel down carry heavy bucket wit water on ma head meeen I really suffered dos days cus I was very stubborn just becos I was de last born..even wen dem de lock me for hus I see chance I go sneak out, stil if ma favourite go still de wait me, those ma siblin really suffered me wit all kinds of punishment even I de do TDB(till day break) for punishment and to worsen de mata one of ma senior broda na stammerer and na him de give me de (TDB)

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Blazinraj01(f): 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Table Leg :

You can sit in the air o. I served that punishment faa. U will sit like you are about to ride a motorcycle. When you are done, your knees will cry for help
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by DAVE5(m): 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
as 4 me d numba of punishment i served are so much i can write a novel with d list

jst 2 name a few though

at home twas; kneel down for long, ma.d a.ss floggin frm mum and dad, gettin locked in d children's room for long hourz(datz y am kinda an indoor pesin today)... Etc

in sec sch(navy sec sch ph) twas; kneeling on the b-ball court, pick pin, frog jump, dig ur head, sit in d air, crawlin, cleanin up d environ, no food, floggin, layin in d gutter, rollin on the ground, hangin on d locker, layin under d bunk, late nite punishments, ride okada, gettin electricuted(esp by senior franco), rest ur heads, gettin locked up in d locker, fetching water,washing of cloths.... Etc etc jst d few i can remember

2 Likes

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by youngambi(m): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
As 4 me i always knelt down and carried a big stone or anytin heavy with ma 2 hands lifted up...
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Blazinraj01(f): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
I remember 'stood down' or so that people call it. You use your one of your index fingers to touch the ground, raise one of your legs up while placing the second hand on your back.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Chidoks(f): 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
seriously i love your parents and I'm copying their style now.do[quote
author=kenny987]In my house, u would kneel 4 a long time and while u're
at it, pray audibly to God 4 forgiveness 4 the wrong u did after which
my Dad would cane u either on the palms or buttocks, depending on the
gravity of the offence. [/quote]
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Chidoks(f): 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
seriously i love your parents and I'm copying their style now.thanks for sharing.[quote
author=kenny987]In my house, u would kneel 4 a long time and while u're
at it, pray audibly to God 4 forgiveness 4 the wrong u did after which
my Dad would cane u either on the palms or buttocks, depending on the
gravity of the offence. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by DAVE5(m): 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: I was my mum's regular costumer for frog jump, up & down (olomo ku iya).
At school, I hate washing the toilet. My school's toilet is the dirtiest in the world. You can't near it @ 100metres. Flies, coackroaches, oozing & stench smell of feaces + urine ll give you typhoid fever & spyrogermans disease.
Luckily 4 me, I didn't wash it till my graduation...
i can bet a million dollars dat my skul toilet wars worse dan urs... Plus i washed d toilet regularly
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by TableLeg(m): 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella:
Nope, you just sit on the air grin grin grin
that stuff did hurt though, one of the worst punishments you can ever receive.

That is not possible though .... How can you sit in the air?

Can you do it now and post pictures? I dont believe you can do that ish ... Even with juju! LOL
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Ejine(m): 5:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
The Frog Jump really tormented me. It gave me nightmares, and even led to the thick thighs and muscular asss I have today cry
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
Table Leg :

That is not possible though .... How can you sit in the air?

Can you do it now and post pictures? I dont believe you can do that ish ... Even with juju! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQNHnXkayW4

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? / A Weekend Get-Away With Wifey! !!! / When Is The Right Time To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.