Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong (10863 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Which of These Punishments Did You Serve As A Kid? (Photo) / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by TableLeg(m): 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella: growing up, my dad used to send us to his room to stare at our stupidity (as he called it) in his dressing mirror. We would stand there for HOURS!! Nah, we used to prefer flogging to that nonsense.

My mom didn't punish, she didn't have that time, she just used to whoop our ässes with some useless cane.
shocked grin grin grin
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by chumakk: 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
Now i see! you guys really gave your parent great troubles. lay down there! lol
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by chumakk: 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
Now i see! you guys really gave your parent great troubles. lay down there! lol
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQNHnXkayW4

grin grin grin grin grin
isn't this some kind of magic, it doesn't look like the sit in the air I know grin
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
hornipipe: isn't this some kind of magic, it doesn't look like the sit in the air I know grin
hahahaha!! it is..

@Table leg, did you grow up in Nigeria at all? cos if you did, you should know the punishment I'm talking about.. tongue tongue
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by mysticgal(f): 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
having no friends or neigbour was enuf punishment,but i did pick pin wella.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by temhab(f): 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
DRIVE AEROPLANE you will lie down on d floor n raise your hands n legs. AWWW it's painful embarassed

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella:
hahahaha!! it is..
I thought as much cos the sit in the air I know, you'll mimic how you sit while driving a bike but in the air.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by ESULAALU: 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella: In boarding school, I did frog jumping, crawling on both knees, pick pin, okada (the one where you sit on the air), angle 90 (hanging on the door)..

there is this punishment I heard is called "dig your height" shocked shocked shocked

Did you attend a federal government college(the pro-unitate schools)

That is where these things are rampant,my daughter then kept recounting the horrors of these purnishments,I had to withdraw her after a very ugly episode.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by codeddj: 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
mine is stood down,naa die oo
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by valicious1(m): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
If mum gently taps at your back by 2.am & goes "we need to talk", that has been my most dreaded "punishment" right from childhood. ThankGod ama bachelor now wink
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
ESULAALU:

Did you attend a federal government college(the pro-unitate schools)

That is where these things are rampant,my daughter then kept recounting the horrors of these purnishments,I had to withdraw her after a very ugly episode.
no, I went to a private school.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
hornipipe: I thought as much cos the sit in the air I know, you'll mimic how you sit while driving a bike but in the air.
yeah, we used it call it okada
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by nbright: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
pick pin... Will never do that to my kids when I eventually start making babies..
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by nbright: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: CIGAR OBO
Which one b "cigar obo"?
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by drealnamdy(m): 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
As for me...bac in secondary school...my seniours lifted me up to hold d roof iron dat was 10feet above d ground jst because I was d fattest in d class..lol..bunch of bullies grin
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by ACM10: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
A lot of them. . .

1. Pick pin

2. 48 lashes

3. Kneeling down

4. Food deprivation

5. Physical beating

Despite all these punishments, I'm grateful to my parents. All these punishments made me a better person today. Spare the rod and spoil the child as they say. I'm glad that my parents stuck with their rods.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella:
yeah, we used it call it okada
cheesy
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by nbright: 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ejiné: The Frog Jump really tormented me. It gave me nightmares, and even led to the thick thighs and muscular asss I have today cry
Serena Williams... Go learn lawn tennis..
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
codeddj: mine is stood down,naa die oo

Me too plus eating without fish.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by baffylander(m): 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
'Plant your head', 'Lying on ur back and facing the sun' and 'James Bond'...
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by rezzy: 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
I was a very stubborn child while growing up, if u give me punishment, i wont do it. So what my aunties and uncles did was to tie my hands and legs together, then put me on top of my father's car or lock me up in the toilet.

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Okelity2812(m): 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
pick pin and ride invicible machine
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Evestar200(f): 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
My mum will only talk,,bt i prefer beating to her talk,,,cuz her talk will make u cry nd torment u,,,in sch,,pick pin, frog jump, strech ur hands while lying down and my teacher will step on ur hands with her hill shoes nd flog hell out of me,,,dats my worst punishment
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by kajoula(m): 7:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: CIGAR OBO
Smoked enough of tht while growing up...was'nt a good experience though.
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thank God i'm above 'caning'. On this fateful day, I slammed the car's door clipping my younger brother's hand. He bleeded real bad. My father, seeing this, instructed me to stay outside at first (never knew what i'd face inside). He finally called me in and alas!, he's got a whip with him..............lets not talk 'bout this cause if I dont receive any more whips till I die, the one I received on March 16, 2003 is enough!!

1 Like

Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by binigirl(f): 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chai wen I small I chop different kinds of cane oh!
Kpankere, koboko, wire and even broom. My papa sabi flog person and d day he wants 2 be merciful, u will kneel down, raise up ur hands, close ur eyes and open ur mouth, till saliva begin pour 4 ur body.
Also of cos pick pin , ride okada.
My mum own na 2 talk and most times na dat talk bad pass
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ah! The notorious 'pick-pin' and 'sit-on-the-air'...
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by gabinogem(m): 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
dvdon: Sucked her jugs n fvcked my housemaid. That was ma punishment from ma housemaid those days. Bad xperience from her n not to mention I will cry n prefare beating to dat. Theeeeen ooo *until mumsy found out*
lol one hell of a punishment. smh
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by gbokukueba(m): 7:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
codeddj: mine is stood down,naa die oo

Was wondering when someone will mention that.... It was a killer
Re: Punishments You Served While Growing Up When You Do Wrong by lonelydora: 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
Blazinraj01: I remember 'stood down' or so that people call it. You use your one of your index fingers to touch the ground, raise one of your legs up while placing the second hand on your back.
That is ''PICKING PIN''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Weekend Get-Away With Wifey! !!! / How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? / Husband and Wife in the same Profession?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.