Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:01 AM

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram (16907 Views)

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram / Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram / Tinubu Backs Fashola For 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 21, 2013
The point is when the govt was ready for the creek militants...they approached them with the right signals even though the militant were initially wary of govt intention but with time...they got to know the govt was sincere...so they came out in the open to be identified.

Let the present govt send a sincere signal that they want to talk...

I was one of the ardent opponent of dialogue with BH back then...but now am desperate to see an end to the needless and mindless killings going on in some parts of the North...if talking with these folks will do that ...then I will support as long as there is assurance that it will come with peace and tranquility.

Once a part of Nigeria is not at peace...no part of Nigeria is at peace. You may or may not want to agree with that...but it's my opinion.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 21, 2013
2iic: Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Thursday in Kano called for the granting of amnesty to Boko Haram militants, insisting that they are not ghosts as alleged by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Tinubu, the National Leader of Action Congress of Nigeria, who was in Kano to commiserate with the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, over the attack on him and his convoy recently, explained that the amnesty must be based on justice, particularly for those with no blood stains on their hands.

He however said those involved in criminal activities among them must be made to face justice.

He said, “For the innocent ones among them, there must be amnesty. We cannot fight a war in our own country against minor crimes and minor people. We would only end up multiplying these people by trying to use force against our own citizens.

“I therefore disagree with the President; they are not ghosts.

“Are those people in prison ghosts? If they are, why are prison officials looking after them? Are JTF operatives fighting ghosts, do they possess magic power to see ghosts?”

According to him, security challenges in the country could also be attributed to the duplication of ministries related to Police affairs, which he said, could render the Inspector General of Police, M.D. Abubakar, incapacitated in taking firm control of security in the country.

At the Emir’s palace, Tinubu condemned the attack on the royal father, describing it as unfortunate.

The Emir, thanked Tinubu for the visit, describing him as a visionary and purposeful leader in every aspect of life by showing good example to the ordinary people.

http://www.punchng.com/news/tinubu-backs-amnesty-for-boko-haram/

This Timbunu is a real kunu! I don't know why GEJ is wasting time to let these almajiris and their yoruba brothers to av their Islamic state they crave for. Split Nigeria and let us enjoy our Niger delta republic! Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa ibom, Edo, Calabar! Thaz all! Ibgos can have their Useless Biafra! RUBBISH...
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 21, 2013
Yeske!:
So what's your point? Go through all my posts on this thread and please answer all the questions, none is optional.

I don't have the luxury of time to start going back in time to read through your questions ...the ones that I noticed and I felt deserved to be attended to...I've done.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by phantom(m): 7:47am On Mar 21, 2013
bbpreye.:

This Timbunu is a real kunu! I don't know why GEJ is wasting time to let these almajiris and their yoruba brothers to av their Islamic state they crave for. Split Nigeria and let us enjoy our Niger delta republic! Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa ibom, Edo, Calabar! Thaz all! Ibgos can have their Useless Biafra! RUBBISH...
niger delta republic? How una go take manage am when una no wan go school.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by 9jaihail2: 7:48am On Mar 21, 2013
eggheaders: jona is too dull to know that arms struggle alone can't defeat terrorism because it is an idealogy.you can defeat the terrorist but you can't defeat the terorrism mindsets.that why all might America will negotiate with Taliban in Qatar.but our gej is so dumb and thinks he knows all and has choose to turn a deaf ear to all voice of reasoning telling him to grant amnesty.anyway I pray he uses his dead brain cells before it is too late.

Now all of you support amnesty for BH just because Thienubu had said so? I thought we all was with GEJ for not giving amnesty to BH? What unfortunate thing to share a nation with cowards like you people.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 21, 2013
bbpreye.:

Lolzzzzz....you can't just apportion nation state with a stroke of the pen like that my guy!

BTW...it's eastern Nigeria...any suggestion that removes the Ibos from the treasure under the ground would be fully resisted by them...that is the primary incentive.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Reptyle(m): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2013
bbpreye.:

There goes another airhead. So if by some freak incident Nigeria splits today, you think your Niger Delta will know peace for the next 100 years? Infact don't even wait for Jonathan to "divide nigeria." Just grab a knife and start cutting.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 7:52am On Mar 21, 2013
ilugunboy:

I don't have the luxury of time to start going back in time to read through your questions ...the ones that I noticed and I felt deserved to be attended to...I've done.
Chicken out abeg!
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2013
Reptyle:

There goes another airhead. So if by some freak incident Nigeria splits today, you think your Niger Delta will know peace for the next 100 years? Infact don't even wait for Jonathan to "divide nigeria." Just grab a knife and start cutting.

Bros I tire for these people oooo..nothing person no go read on this forum!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 21, 2013
Yeske!:
Chicken out abeg!

Lolzzzz...your Abidjan flight is waiting..
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 7:56am On Mar 21, 2013
9ja_i_hail2:

Now all of you support amnesty for BH just because Thienubu had said so? I thought we all was with GEJ for not giving amnesty to BH? What unfortunate thing to share a nation with cowards like you people.
So predictable, when the Sultan mentioned it, you no see earthquake wey wan happen for internet? Now Tinubu reiterated it, it is ok by them.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 7:58am On Mar 21, 2013
ilugunboy:

Lolzzzz...your Abidjan flight is waiting..
Answer question instead of jumping from pillar to post. Thought you said you were out, just chicken out finally.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by 9jaihail2: 8:16am On Mar 21, 2013
No wonder everyone has the believe that people from southwest Nigeria are betrayers, here is another confirmation to that.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by strangest(m): 8:17am On Mar 21, 2013
Boko haram wants SHARIALIZED NIGERIA and not AMNESTY... Tinubu and Osama Buhari are looking for funds to support their party... Imagine he even agreed that he is aware of the innocent BH..
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Yeske2(m): 8:24am On Mar 21, 2013
9ja_i_hail2: No wonder everyone has the believe that people from southwest Nigeria are betrayers, here is another confirmation to that.

I tell ya
Sultan wanted amnesty, in unison we said no,
Emir of Anka said no to amnesty, in unison we agreed with him.
Now Tinubu supported the Sultan, . .....
Backstabbers.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by jmaine: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2013
Who are the "innocent BH" oga Tinubu was referring to ?
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by thelastPope(m): 8:38am On Mar 21, 2013
I cannot but laugh at the tactics of these ACN/CPC supporters. They are saboteurs, simple. Ready to bring the country down just to fulfill their personal ambitions and be in charge of the national purse.

Just go back and check all their posts from 2 years back. They constantly and consistently kept calling GEJ name when it was muted that the FG was discussing with BH with a view to reaching a settlement. They kept saying, you cannot negotiate with terrorists. Fast forward to 2013 and what do you see? The same set of folks are saying GEJ should grant amnesty to BH. It is now obvious that they are saboteurs who are willing to do anything just to attain power at the center. They dont care for Nigerians or for human lives. They are wicked and selfish folks who will use anything and any event to score cheap political gains. Sad!

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by thelastPope(m): 8:40am On Mar 21, 2013
jmaine: Who are the innocent BH oga Tinubu was referring to ?

Please help me ask them how a BH member can be innocent? Isnt that a foolish contradiction?
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by jmaine: 8:41am On Mar 21, 2013
thelastPope:

Please help me ask them how a BH member can be innocent? Isnt that a foolish contradiction?

Honestly, Tinubu sounded very foolish with that phrase . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by sleekdiva: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2013
Y wnt he
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by thelastPope(m): 8:49am On Mar 21, 2013
jmaine:

Honestly, Tinubu sounded very foolish with that phrase . . . . .

He obviously has taken his usual! grin
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by okerelawrence(m): 8:52am On Mar 21, 2013
can u c it?
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by sleekdiva: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2013
cry[quote author=Our Yansh]Well said......
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by waja(m): 8:52am On Mar 21, 2013
2iic: Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Thursday in Kano called for the granting of amnesty to Boko Haram militants, insisting that they are not ghosts as alleged by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Tinubu, the National Leader of Action Congress of Nigeria, who was in Kano to commiserate with the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, over the attack on him and his convoy recently, explained that the amnesty must be based on justice, particularly for those with no blood stains on their hands.

He however said those involved in criminal activities among them must be made to face justice.

He said, “For the innocent ones among them, there must be amnesty. We cannot fight a war in our own country against minor crimes and minor people. We would only end up multiplying these people by trying to use force against our own citizens.

“Are those people in prison ghosts? If they are, why are prison officials looking after them? Are JTF operatives fighting ghosts, do they possess magic power to see ghosts?”

According to him, security challenges in the country could also be attributed to the duplication of ministries related to Police affairs, which he said, could render the Inspector General of Police, M.D. Abubakar, incapacitated in taking firm control of security in the country.

At the Emir’s palace, Tinubu condemned the attack on the royal father, describing it as unfortunate.

The Emir, thanked Tinubu for the visit, describing him as a visionary and purposeful leader in every aspect of life by showing good example to the ordinary people.

. Tinubu shaaaaaraaap, who are the peaceful Boko Haram, You or Buhari?
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by sammynash11(m): 8:55am On Mar 21, 2013
There's nothin like an innocent BH member. They'r all guilty.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by tayoTFC(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2013
what is the difference btw boko haram And the nigerdelta millitant (both have kill innocent people citizen and foriegners distroy properties worth billions dollar so if militant can get annesty why not Boko Haram ? if that is the way to make peace in the region i support it. so that my people in the nourth can sleep and wakeup peacefuly.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by KINGwax(m): 8:56am On Mar 21, 2013
Yeske!:
First it was the Sultan of Sokoto,then collaborators down south in their usual falling in line form (Gani Adams etc) and now this. smh. So much for free education.
the same mentality of, 'the oil is ours' still reeks outta ur utterances!
Wen u brothers were forming militancy groups, y'all support them in wasting tax payers' money in educating criminals down east!
Of course it's 'oyel' money so it is urs. Init?
Now d abokis wan chop, jona daft dey form. It's no wonder they slay ur brothers up north as retaliation!
Now u throw rawkuz that the yorubas aligns, who do u think u're fooling. Both u and ur brothers up north are so much an illiterate dt violence is ur game. Who cares
Give d north amnesty!
No be ur brothers dem dey murder up north?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by TechRev: 8:57am On Mar 21, 2013
ilugunboy: The point is when the govt was ready for the creek militants...they approached them with the right signals even though the militant were initially wary of govt intention but with time...they got to know the govt was sincere...so they came out in the open to be identified.

Let the present govt send a sincere signal that they want to talk...

I was one of the ardent opponent of dialogue with BH back then...but now am desperate to see an end to the needless and mindless killings going on in some parts of the North...if talking with these folks will do that ...then I will support as long as there is assurance that it will come with peace and tranquility.

Once a part of Nigeria is not at peace...no part of Nigeria is at peace. You may or may not want to agree with that...but it's my opinion.

One of bokoharam demands is total Islamic rule of Northern states. So if you are advising on amnesty, tell me how a president will meet that demand?? Its not just granting amnesty, you have to tackle the purpose of the armed struggle too. So tell pls how do you meet their demands??
Tinubu goofed!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Dee60: 8:59am On Mar 21, 2013
There must be a solution. The mad killing of innocent people must stop. Unfortunately, it does not seem that the president is communicating that solution to the citizens. His body language more or less says that this is a problem we have to live with...in fact, he once said so! Please don't blame Tinubu or OBJ for talking about it. There has to be a solution. Condemning the act whenever it happens is not one. for good 3 days, Kano has been under attack, yet if you go there today you may not see any major signs of pro-active preventive security.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by KGB2008: 9:01am On Mar 21, 2013
This Tinubu is mad.How can you give Amnesty to people who said they want to Islamtize Nigeria?If this is how you and your thieving cohorts are planning to rule Nigeria in 2015,your party is dead on arrival.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by dramendra: 9:02am On Mar 21, 2013
Yeske!:
@ilugunboy,
Carrot and stick principle,yes but OBJ never said anything about amnesty Tinubu is talking about here. Tinubu is not in charge of security so he should leave that to the experts. Pretty sure the Emir might have wanted to spit at his face for saying that(He's had a close shave) with the BH guys before if you've forgotten.

Shut up fool, because they have not touched your sheep like families abi? What's the use of hugs Budget? Let the sheep like your family called gej give em amnesty joor, since the money is not used for its actual purpose.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by earthgreeners(m): 9:02am On Mar 21, 2013

Well Said asiwaju

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You’ve No Power To Sack Elected LG Officials, S’court Tells Govs / Wike Inspects Construction Of Tam David-West Boulevard Road (photos) / Ohanaeze’s Endorsement Of Atiku All Chaff – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.