Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,132 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? (1657 Views)

Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" / Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by thelastPope(m): 11:39am On Mar 21, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/tinubu-backs-amnesty-for-boko-haram/

I am really disturbed by the Tinubu statement for the following reasons:

1. He called Boko Haram attack, minor crimes

2. He said some of them are innocent

3. He said they are "our own citizens"

1. He called Boko Haram attack, minor crimes
This one I cannot even phantom. Minor crimes? Killing of 60 people in a bus park is a minor crime? I dont even know what to say. The only thing I can get from that is that Tinubu has no human feeling. Totally insensitive! He obviously is a BH closet supporter and maybe even an indirect sponsor. He is campaigning with blood.

2. He said some of them are innocent
Again, where can I even begin to analyse this from. It is a contradiction of mega proportions. How can a member of a deadly terrorist group be innocent? Tinubu is obviuously still smoking that stuff. Even those who harbour BH members can not be said to be innocent. In fact, Tinubu's support for BH means he Tinubu is not innocent. This man is ridiculous

3. He said they are "our own citizens".

This was the very same kind of statement they went ranting on socia media about, when GEJ said BH are our brothers. I didnt like it when GEJ said it, though I knew he was just trying to be diplomatic. But the same Tinubu and his gang went around ranting that GEJ was clueless for calling BH our brothers. Now he is the one referring to them as our own citizens. How hypocritical can these people be?

And I will continue to ask: Why are ACN and CPC members calling for amnesty for a group they claim is PDP? Why do they want a largese for some group of people they claim are PDP members? Or are they telling us BH is PDP with Esau's voice and fuelling BH with Jacob's hairy hand? No wonder APC governors went to Borno and donated 200 million and 2 weeks later, BH makes a major statement. Is Tinubu and his gang looking for more funding for BH?

Is this really a gaffe or is it a deep mindset being unfolded?

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by Goddex: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2013
Seriously, my colleague in the office today after reading about
the Tinubu's call for amnesty for Boko Haram told us that sooner or later all
these guys parading themselves as opposition should start apologising to the PDP
for past negative utterances. That they themselves are worst than PDP by miles.

Imagine Tinubu who could not contain simple Agberos in Lagos also opening his teeth.
Agberos ruled Lagos for 8 yrs that he was governor.

On your question, I actually don't think it's a mindset or conviction. I think he just goofed after
finding himself in northern Nigeria, thanks to the usual ACN's trick of playing to the
gallery and playing politics with everything.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by kunlekunle: 11:55am On Mar 21, 2013
Na Demokiracy be that
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by tomakint: 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
@op I have never for once taken the likes of Tinubu and his goons seriously, even Pastor Tunde Bakare later realised his folly by thinking they are capable! Tinubu intends to make a political statement on the boko haram issue but ended up messing himself up cool
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by solopumpy227: 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
tomakint: @op I have never for once taken the likes of Tinubu and his goons seriously, even Pastor Tunde Bakare later realised his folly by thinking they are capable! Tinubu intends to make a political statement on the boko haram issue but ended up messing himself up cool

Pastor Bakare has never regretted supporting Buhari neither has he stopped condeming GEJ insensitivity and incompetency - Go back and read the interview. He suffers no fool and consistently objective.

See, once Buhari emerges the Presidential candidate of APC you will see Pastor Bakare taking his rightful position in the full campaign against rots, madness, corruption and purposelessness being instituted by the GEJ-led Government. Buhari is the broom some of us are waiting for to clean the system. Its not going to be APC against them but all well-meaning Nigerians holding the Broom against Cankerworms and Scanvengers.

Continue directing your energy toward Tinubu who is enjoying his loot while your C-in-C is running your boat aground.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by thelastPope(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
solopumpy227:

Pastor Bakare has never regretted supporting Buhari neither has he stopped condeming GEJ insensitivity and incompetency - Go back and read the interview. He suffers no fool and consistently objective.

See, once Buhari emerges the Presidential candidate of APC you will see Pastor Bakare taking his rightful position in the full campaign against rots, madness, corruption and purposelessness being instituted by the GEJ-led Government. Buhari is the broom some of us are waiting for to clean the system. Its not going to be APC against them but all well-meaning Nigerians holding the Broom against Cankerworms and Scanvengers.

Continue directing your energy toward Tinubu who is enjoying his loot while your C-in-C is running your boat aground.

So this is how you want to sweep Nigeria clean? By bombing innocent people at bus stations?

No problem, keep doing it. Nemesis will soon catch up with you guys. Buhari is a small fry. He has been there before and we know how much of a coward he is. We saw it all. Why did his campaign not help CPC to win Abuja council polls? lol. The Christian population in the north is over 40% and they will never ever cast their vote for a terrorist like Buhari. Never!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by ochukoccna: 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
thelastPope:

So this is how you want to sweep Nigeria clean? By bombing innocent people at bus stations?

No problem, keep doing it. Nemesis will soon catch up with you guys. Buhari is a small fry. He has been there before and we know how much of a coward he is. We saw it all. Why did his campaign not help CPC to win Abuja council polls? lol. The Christian population in the north is over 40% and they will never ever cast their vote for a terrorist like Buhari. Never!
[size=14pt]Stop denigrating Buhari with your beer parlour agbero gossip
If SSS has any evidence against him, why not arrest him?[/size]

Is he bigger than Nigeria?
Is he an untouchable sacred cow?
Let us know instead of soiling his name

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by manny4life(m): 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
Is this really a gaffe or is it a deep mindset being unfolded?

Gaffe? My brother, even the Bible said "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks". There goes your answers, if he can make these types of comments, then you should be prepared for what happens next if they become president. A man who's calling for amnesty to BH that killed and maimed many isn't worthy of my praise, he's a disgusting pile of trash. Calling this terror a "minor crime" goes to show you - that hidden agenda we often talked about is gradually being perfected. These are reasons why APC MUSTN'T SMELL ASO ROCK.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by thelastPope(m): 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
ochukoccna:
[size=14pt]Stop denigrating Buhari with your beer parlour agbero gossip
If SSS has any evidence against him, why not arrest him?[/size]

Is he bigger than Nigeria?
Is he an untouchable sacred cow?
Let us know instead of soiling his name

Soil his name? Does anyone need to soil his name? You definitely have your head in the mud!!!

He did a good job of that many years ago when he truncated our democracy and set us back 20 years. He was an idiotic coup plotter and a bloody coward hiding inside Tunde Idiagbon's armpit until Idiagbon went for hajj and he was thrown out without a single fight. !

He did a good job of that when he managed and squandered over 200 billion naira PTF funds is connivance with Abacha and to this day, there is not a single thing to show for it. No wonder he quickly exonerated Abacha and declared him corruption free. Talk about beds of the same feather?

He did a good job of that when, as a bigot, he asked Muslims to vote for only Muslims and didnt even care to campaign in the SS and SE.

He did a good job of that when he consistently supported and encouraged that pedophile Yerima to push his sharia agenda across northern Nigeria and those became the seeds for groups like BH which ironically started in a then ANPP state, Borno.

No one needs to soil his name. His name is deep in the mud as an un-electable serial looser who wants to be a democratic president by hook or crook and will offer up the lives of millions if need be to attain his satanic political ambition. Please spare us the garbage!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by Afam4eva(m): 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
[size=13pt]Tinubu might just be playing to the gallery for all i care. he's just trying to please some people who will be instrumental to his party's success in a part of the country. I'm not surprised. This people can do just about anything to latch onto power.[/size]
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by thelastPope(m): 2:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=13pt]Tinubu might just be playing to the gallery for all i care. he's just trying to please some people who will be instrumental to his party's success in a part of the country. I'm not surprised. This people can do just about anything to latch onto power.[/size]

So you probably are thinking like me that he is exposing a deep mindset? Or are you throwing in a third theory that he really doesnt believe in those ideals but will use them for political gains?
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by solopumpy227: 3:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
thelastPope:

Your divisive method won’t work in 2015. President Jonathan used the same schism of Xtian vs Moslems in 2011 but guesses what people are wiser and see through his hypocrisy now.

The Christian population of the North is over 40 per cent (hilarious)? This was how you guys started this propaganda in 2011 for rigging plan and wasted many lives.
This was how you claimed Igbos are 60 per cent in Lagos, 45 per cent in Kano, bla bla percent everywhere.
Why would a popular President bank on Christian/Igbo votes alone? Because he has no qualities to market . The real terrorist is the one eating Billion Naira food, building 4 Billion Naira Women Centre, building 7 Billion Naira Gate when millions are dying everyday

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by grafikii: 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
Most of you guys actually enjoy these bombings so you and gej can play the victim card, is it not obvious that the government can't fight these people to finish, why not grant them amnesty if it will stop them from killing innocent people. You all we just wait for the next bomb to go off then you will come back here to rant.
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by grafikii: 3:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
solopumpy227:

Your divisive method won’t work in 2015. President Jonathan used the same schism of Xtian vs Moslems in 2011 but guesses what people are wiser and see through his hypocrisy now.

The Christian population of the North is over 40 per cent (hilarious)? This was how you guys started this propaganda in 2011 for rigging plan and wasted many lives.
This was how you claimed Igbos are 60 per cent in Lagos, 45 per cent in Kano, bla bla percent everywhere.
Why would a popular President bank on Christian/Igbo votes alone? Because he has no qualities to market . The real terrorist is the one eating Billion Naira food, building 4 Billion Naira Women Centre, building 7 Billion Naira Gate when millions are dying everyday
It's so annoying when they put these lies up as if the rest of us are idiots btw the recent one is that the president of Gabon is from nnewi
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by thelastPope(m): 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
solopumpy227:

You post like a kid in Alausa but I will respond to you.

The Christian population has always been about 40% in the north. That is a fact. The Hausa/Fulani has always lied about their population. It is only in Nigeria that you find figures stating that the desert lands are more populous than the coastline

A popular president will bank on Christian/Igbo/South south votes because the opposition is nothing but a grand plan to bring the imperialist Hausa/Fulani back to power. The only qualities these Hausa/Fulani imperialist have is the ability to take us down the path of backwardness. They took us there before so we will not allow them to take us there again, ever

The Hausa/Fulani in collabo with some traitors down south have been using the divisive method since independence. You are the bigots and imperialists and traitors.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by thelastPope(m): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
grafikii: Most of you guys actually enjoy these bombings so you and gej can play the victim card, is it not obvious that the government can't fight these people to finish, why not grant them amnesty if it will stop them from killing innocent people. You all we just wait for the next bomb to go off then you will come back here to rant.

The last time I checked, the people doing all the ranting are El Rufai, Dino Melaye, Tinubu, Liar Mohammed and Buhari.
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by Emperor007: 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2013

To answer your question, Tinubu said what's in his mind for two reasons.

1. He's a Muslim and would continue to have sympathy for Boko Haram ( I.e if he's not one of their sponsors. SSS public relations officer Ogar confirmed today on Channel's that some people are actually paying huge money "about 380m NGN" paid into Boko Haram coffers)

2. His ACN is working round the clock with its northern blood party CPC to return power to the North, hence said it to consolidate this alliance.
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by solopumpy227: 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
thelastPope:

The Christian population has always been about 40% in the north. That is a fact. The Hausa/Fulani has always lied about their population. It is only in Nigeria that you find figures stating that the desert lands are more populous than the coastline

A popular president will bank on Christian/Igbo/South south votes because the opposition is nothing but a grand plan to bring the imperialist Hausa/Fulani back to power. The only qualities these Hausa/Fulani imperialist have is the ability to take us down the path of backwardness. They took us there before so we will not allow them to take us there again, ever

The Hausa/Fulani in collabo with some traitors down south have been using the divisive method since independence. You are the bigots and imperialists and traitors.
[i]
Egbon mi racist[/i]the bolded is the only thing worth my response from your trash.
You are a bloody liar Sir. I know all these postulates are to prepare grounds for rigging (as was done in 2011) to justify the numbers you plan to make-up but it won't be that funny in 2015.
Even if the North always lie about their population the number of registered voters 2011 is a fair represenation of the population.
See the facts and figures below as published by INEC 2011. The only Northern states with considerable number of Christians are Plateau, Benue, Nassarawa, Kwara and Taraba. Even at that it is difficult to say we have more Christians than Moslems in Taraba and Nassarawa States. So where is Mr. Igbo/Christian only President getting 40% Northern (Christian/Igbo) vote from. You plan to rig and cause havoc again? 40% Christain population but the carnage has always been one-way. If out of every 10 Northerners 4 are Christians how come Christians have always been at the recieving end?

You are the devisive bigots that see nothing good in anyone who is a Northerner/Moslem and you see SW people as traitors because they have refused to indulge in your biggotry.

Take a good look at these figures...your Master is going 2015.

[img]
Entire Country Registered Voters 2011 Northern Nigeria Registered Voters 2011
South East. % by Region North central state %
Benue 1,415,162 3.865081121
Abia 1,481,191 Kogi 1,215,405 3.31950612
Anambra 1,758,220 Kwara 1,115,665 3.04709689
Enugu 1,301,185 Nassarw 1,224,206 3.343543354
Imo 1,611,715 Niger 721,478 1.970495955
Ebonyi 876,249 Plateau 1,983,453 5.417193753
Total 7,028,560 10.50952418 Total 7,675,369

South West North East
Lagos 6,247,845 Adamawa 1,714,860 4.683614323
Ogun 1,869,326 Bauchi 1,835,562 5.013274829
Osun 1,293,967 Borno 2,730,368 7.457163075
Ondo 1,558,975 Gombe 1,266,993 3.460402926
Ekiti 750,753 Taraba 1,308,106 3.57269048
Oyo 2,577,490 Yobe 1,182,230 3.228898779
Total 14,298,356 21.37975888 Total 10,038,119

South South North West
Edo 1,412;225
Delta 1,900,055 Jigawa 1,852,698 5.060076559
Bayelsa 472,389 Kano 5,135,415 14.02581158
Akwa 1,714,781 Katsina 2,931,668 8.006952307
RIvers 2,419,057 Kaduna 3,565,762 9.738785658
C/Rivers1,018,550 Kebbi 1,603,468 4.379381227
Total 8,937,057 13.36322328 Sokoto 2,065,508 5.641301828
Zamfara 1,746,024 4.768729234
North central Total 18,900,543
Benue 1,415,162 North Total 36,614,031
Kogi 1,215,405
Kwara 1,115,665
Nassarawa 1,224,206
Niger 721,478
Plateau 1,983,453
Total 7,675,369 11.47667176

North East
Adamawa 1,714,860
Bauchi 1,835,562
Borno 2,730,368
Gombe 1,266,993
Taraba 1,308,106
Yobe 1,182,230
Total 10,038,119 15.00959718

North West

Jigawa 1,852,698
Kano 5,135,415
Katsina 2,931,668
Kaduna 3,565,762
Kebbi 1,603,468
Sokoto 2,065,508
Zamfara 1,746,024
Total 18,900,543 28.26122472

Gross Total 66,878,004
[/img]
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by solopumpy227: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
thelastPope:

[i][/i]
Egbon mi racist the bolded is the only thing worth my response from your normal trash.
You are a bloody liar Sir. I know all these postulates are to prepare grounds for rigging (as was done in 2011) to justify the numbers you plan to make-up but it won't be that funny in 2015.
Even if the North always lie about their population the number of registered voters 2011 is a fair represenation of the population.
See the facts and figures below as published by INEC 2011. The only Northern states with considerable number of Christians are Plateau, Benue, Nassarawa, Kwara and Taraba. Even at that it will be Preposterous to (categorically)say we have more Christians than Moslems in Taraba and Nassarawa States. So where is Mr. Igbo/Christian-only President getting 40% Northern (Christian/Igbo) vote from.
We all know you plan to rig and cause havoc again? 40% Christain population but the carnage has always been one-way. If out of every 10 Northerners 4 are Christians how come Christians have always been at the recieving end of all violence?

Egbon Reno you are the devisive bigots that see nothing good in anyone who is a Northerner/Moslem and you see SW people as traitors because they have refused to indulge in your biggotry.

Take a good look at these figures...your Master is going back home in 2015.

http://www..com/ng/elections-and-electoral-issues/8657-inec-nigeria-number-of-registered-voters-per-state.html
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by muyiwah666(m): 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
is there no way we could have multiple likes for comments like this ?...thank u !...
solopumpy227:

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by Desola(f): 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
solopumpy227:

well said!
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by thelastPope(m): 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
solopumpy227:
[i]
Egbon mi racist[/i]the bolded is the only thing worth my response from your trash.
See the facts and figures below as published by INEC 2011. The only Northern states with considerable number of Christians are Plateau, Benue, Nassarawa, Kwara and Taraba. Even at that it is difficult to say we have more Christians than Moslems in Taraba and Nassarawa States. So where is Mr. Igbo/Christian only President getting 40% Northern (Christian/Igbo) vote from. You plan to rig and cause havoc again? 40% Christain population but the carnage has always been one-way. If out of every 10 Northerners 4 are Christians how come Christians have always been at the recieving end?

You are the devisive bigots that see nothing good in anyone who is a Northerner/Moslem and you see SW people as traitors because they have refused to indulge in your biggotry.

Take a good look at these figures...your Master is going 2015.

[/img]

You are not only a foool, you are also a traitor.

You have absolutely no clue about the north.

1. For you to say "The only Northern states with considerable number of Christians are Plateau, Benue, Nassarawa, Kwara and Taraba" shows you are a typical Lagos agbero who has not been past Ore or Shagamu.

Kaduna has more christians than muslims. That is why katsina was created. You cannot even find a mosque in most parts of southern kaduna. Niger has at least 35-40 percent Christians. Adamawa has about 50% christians. Even the hotbed Borno has a lot of Christians. You SW traitors will continue to join the core north to perpetuate lies about Nigeria's population because that is what you do. Traitor!

2. You say we are the bigots? So who were the bigots in 1960, in 1970, in 1980, 1990? Tell me who were the bigots that placed their tribemen in choice positions? Tell me, who were the bigots that took someone else oil and enriched themselves but never developed the land from which they had they ill gotten wealth and blood money? Tell me, who were the bigots that shared the oil wells among themselves? Tell me why every military coup always produced a Hausa/fulani president and a collaborating, sycophant SW second fiddle? so who are the bigots that have cornered all the jobs in the oil industry? Tell me, who are the bigot that said muslims should only vote for muslims? Tell me who are the bigots that hear a news story from CNN and go on rampage, destroying shops and beheading people from other tribes on the streets and hanging their head on the stake?

There is nothing good about the Hausa/Fulani imperialists who have ruled this country for over 40 years. They did nothing. They only stole and squandered the oil wealth and now, they want to come back again for part 2. They are jokers. scoundrels!

You have no clue what's coming. You think it will be like 2011 when you lot were registering underage voters and threatening everyone? YOu have no clue. Just keep ranting!

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by kinguwem: 6:39am On Mar 22, 2013
This country lacks politicians with integrity & principles. Most of them see politics as business. There are in politics to make money. They have nothing to offer the masses. They don't have value for human lives. Tinubu, the APC etc. are a big disappointment. Its obvious, the aim of the terrorist attacks in the North is to reduce the number of christians/southerners in the North for political reasons. The northerner elites/politicians had failed woefully to develop their people. Who is to blame for the nuisance caused by their unproductivity? Obviously, the country has no credible opposition. For now, it's better to stick with the the devil (GEJ) we know than the angels we don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by Lucasbalo(m): 7:02am On Mar 22, 2013
Tinubu is an slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by thelastPope(m): 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
Lucasbalo: Tinubu is an slowpoke.

A traitor...
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by Blackbody20(m): 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Criticize GEJ from now till day break. We will all live to see him emerge come 2015.
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by Ozonna(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
kinguwem: This country lacks politicians with integrity & principles. Most of them see politics as business. There are in politics to make money. They have nothing to offer the masses. They don't have value for human lives. Tinubu, the APC etc. are a big disappointmentIts obvious, the aim of the terrorist attacks in the North is to reduce the number of christians/southerners in the North for political reasons. The northerner elites/politicians had failed woefully to develop their people. Who is to blame for the nuisance caused by their unproductivity? Obviously, the country has no credible opposition. For now, it's better to stick with the the devil (GEJ) we know than the angels we don't know.

How sure are you about the sentence in bold
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by ebor(m): 2:04am On Mar 23, 2013
thelastPope:

1. For you to say "The only Northern states with considerable number of Christians are Plateau, Benue, Nassarawa, Kwara and Taraba" shows you are a typical Lagos agbero who has not been past Ore or Shagamu.

Kaduna has more christians than muslims. That is why katsina was created. You cannot even find a mosque in most parts of southern kaduna. Niger has at least 35-40 percent Christians. Adamawa has about 50% christians. Even the hotbed Borno has a lot of Christians. You SW traitors will continue to join the core north to perpetuate lies about Nigeria's population because that is what you do. Traitor!

2. You say we are the bigots? So who were the bigots in 1960, in 1970, in 1980, 1990? Tell me who were the bigots that placed their tribemen in choice positions? Tell me, who were the bigots that took someone else oil and enriched themselves but never developed the land from which they had they ill gotten wealth and blood money? Tell me, who were the bigots that shared the oil wells among themselves? Tell me why every military coup always produced a Hausa/fulani president and a collaborating, sycophant SW second fiddle? so who are the bigots that have cornered all the jobs in the oil industry? Tell me, who are the bigot that said muslims should only vote for muslims? Tell me who are the bigots that hear a news story from CNN and go on rampage, destroying shops and beheading people from other tribes on the streets and hanging their head on the stake?

There is nothing good about the Hausa/Fulani imperialists who have ruled this country for over 40 years. They did nothing. They only stole and squandered the oil wealth and now, they want to come back again for part 2. They are jokers. scoundrels!

You have no clue what's coming. You think it will be like 2011 when you lot were registering underage voters and threatening everyone? YOu have no clue. Just keep ranting!

You forgot to mention Kogi states where there are more christians than Muslims. That is why it's impossible 2 have both the Gov n d Deputy being muslims unlike in d case in states where muslims dominate like Borno,Katsina,Kano,Jigawa etc. Truth is core notherner i.e d Hausa/Fulani muslims will find it difficult 2 become president of dis country in d near future cos d BH madness has worsen their case...in fact going by d emerging political realities n dynamics, they r actually d minority now...d support of d so calld christian minorities in d north they use to take 4 granted has bn lost n this was evident in d result of 2011 election which GEJ won in many northern states. The earlier those who argue blindly wake up to this reality n toe the line of peace the better 4 them!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by Chubhie: 5:11am On Mar 23, 2013
You have to show respect to this Tinubu of a guy cos he is a politician who understands the game. Listen to his statement carefully deviod of party affiliations and you notice the guy was being smart with his statement and leaves a backdoor for his defence in case it backfires. Tis all politics to ginger more support where he feels Gej and Pdp are losing it.tho non of Nigerian politicians inspire me but i must give credit to the ones that understands the game.
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by emiye(m): 8:31am On Mar 23, 2013
You are a fecking paid PDP goon.

This is what your chairman said about Boko Haram " Boko Haram is fighting for Justice" - Bamanga Tukur.
[url] https://www.nairaland.com/939342/bokoharam-fighting-justice-bamangar-tukur [/url]
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by emiye(m): 8:34am On Mar 23, 2013
Bokoharam Is Fighting For Justice – Bamangar Tukur

National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, has said members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, are fighting for justice.

According to him, many Nigerians feel aggrieved and seek various means of airing their grievances.

Tukur, who spoke in Abuja on Tuesday when he received members of the party from Gombe State, said there must be justice in the country for peace to reign.

He however regretted that the activities of the sect were preventing some northerners from travelling to their home states.

Tukur said there was no way angry people would control their anger when there was nothing on their stomachs.

He said, “Let there be peace in the North so that we can have security.

“We can’t even travel again because of the insecurity in the region. Boko Haram is fighting for justice. Boko Haram is another name for justice.

“People feel aggrieved. They are angry because they are hungry. Unless we remove the hunger, we too may not be able to rest.

“We should remember that a child who says his mother would not sleep will also not sleep.”

The former governor of old Gongola State said he accepted to be honoured by the members of the party from the North-East on Saturday in his village because he wanted people know that things were not working well with the people in rural areas.

He said, “People would be wondering why I took the reception to my village in Jada. And they would be asking why not a place like Abuja, where we have good roads and all that.

“I did so, so that people would know what is happening in rural areas. Those that were there must have seen the bad roads. We must help people who cannot help themselves.

“That is why we are in government. You cannot do anything unless you are committed to it. We must build this party on equity and justice.”

Earlier, Gombe State Governor Ibrahim Dankwanbo, who led the delegation said the members came to show their loyalty to the leadership of the party.

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-fighting-for-justice-tukur/
Re: Tinubu's Gaffe Or A Mindset? by TechyGuy: 10:41am On Mar 23, 2013
thelastPope:

I have to correct you a bit, Taraba has about 70% Christians, Adamawa has about 60% (in my office in we had like 20% Muslims and 80% Christians in the state capital! It was like that in many offices and tertiary institutions i visited), and the entire population of Adamawa state may not be up to 1.2 million. Gombe, Yobe and Borno are not different. Don't mind those talking trash and they haven't traveled anywhere! Actually, it is the NORTH THAT FALSIFIES FIGURES for 3 reasons:

1. Federal allocation. They have LGA's that have like 2000 people in it and tell us they have so many LGAs.
2. Election rigging. 50 percent of the registered voters are underage almajiris.
Do a tread for NYSC members currently serving in the North to tell you the population of their LGAs and you will understand my presentation.
3. Political(and religious) influence. They will always have that ideology of running the nation. Its the best way to preserve their religious beliefs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Beheads Seven People,slit Another Four Throats / Former Aides To President Obasanjo Expose His Crimes And Corruption / Son Of American Ebola Patient, Says She Is ‘fighting Through It’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.