Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Time To Boot Out Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Boot Out Gej (1657 Views)

If U Knew Things Would Turn Out Like This, Would U Have Voted Out Gej? / Omojuwa Called Out GEJ : Let Us Die If We Will Die, But Let Us Face The Truth / Dangers Of Voting Out GEJ For APC In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Boot Out Gej by eggheaders(m): 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Just outside President Goodluck Jonathan's office
sat 17 ambulances, just in case he or one of his
aides fell ill. They were seldom if ever used.
No actual health care facility nationwide had as many, and in
fact a few still have none at all. But as soon as a Nigerian
newspaper took a photo of the ambulances and published a
story about them, they suddenly disappeared ― probably to
an underground garage.
Jonathan is president of Nigeria, which should be among the
world's most prosperous nations. After all, it produces an
estimated 2.4 million barrels of oil each and every day. With
oil now selling at $93.61 a barrel, that’s $224 million in
income daily. And yet many hospitals can't afford to buy an
ambulance. The reason, in my view: Nigeria is the most
corrupt nation on earth.
Sure, Transparency International lists almost three dozen
states as more corrupt ― Chad, Haiti, Laos, Yemen, Cambodia
and the like. But are any of those nations as wealthy as Nigeria
― taking in $81 billion annually, just from the sale of oil? No,
not even one of them. So Nigeria steals and squanders more
money than any other nation, making it the world's most
corrupt, by that measure.
Nigerian journalist Musikilu Mojeed finds all this so
discouraging.
"With its geopolitical power, economic resources and middle
class," he laments, "no country (with the possible exception of
Saudi Arabia and Egypt) has the power to change the course of
black/African civilization like Nigeria."
After all, Nigeria is Africa's most populous state ― and large,
twice the size of California.
So Nigerians are living an opportunity squandered ―
particularly now. Egypt is in turmoil. In just the last few days,
in fact, many Egyptians have been calling for a military coup ―
anything to rid the state of its widely despised Muslim
Brotherhood government. And a new report by the World
Economic Forum ranked Egypt the least safe and secure tourist
destination among 140 tourist nations evaluated.
Egypt has lost its place as the Arab/African worlds' leader, and
Saudi Arabia never had it. So for Nigeria, the time is ripe. But
its leaders seem interested only in stealing the state's money
to make themselves rich beyond imaging. Think about it: $81
billion a year just from the oil, while most every local
government official still tells his people the nation just doesn’t
have enough money to fix the roads, schools or hospitals.
(Roads are in such terrible shape that government officials
generally travel any distance by helicopter.)
And Nigeria's people ― well, they are as mistreated as any on
earth. In only nine nations ― among them Liberia, Sierra
Leone and Somalia ― do more mothers die during childbirth.
And in only 10 states, including Chad, Afghanistan and
Zimbabwe, is the average life expectancy lower. Right now the
average Nigerian's average life span ends at 52. That may be
why the median age of Nigerians is just 18.
A few months ago, the Economist Intelligence Unit published
an evaluation of the best places for babies to born in 2013,
given their probable welfare as children and the chance for a
safe, comfortable, prosperous life. Switzerland, Australia and
Norway were the top three. The United States came in at
16th, largely because "babies will inherit the large debts of the
boomer generation."
Dead last: Nigeria. "It is the worst place for a baby to enter
the world in 2013," the report said.
Even with all that wealth, only just over half the population
has access to clean drinking water, and one-third to a toilet,
UNICEF says. Two-thirds live below the poverty line. Only one
child in four who contracts pneumonia is given antibiotics, and
only about half the population is literate.
The CIA also cites endemic "soil degradation; rapid
deforestation; urban air and water pollution." All this in a
county whose gross domestic product stands at $236 billion a
year, in the same league as Denmark, Chile, Israel and the
United Arab Emirates ― prosperous, successful states to be
envied.
Goodluck Jonathan is certainly aware of all of this. After all,
taking the oath of office, he swore to "devote myself to the
service and well-being of the people of Nigeria. So help me
God."
Well, just last week he demonstrated who he really is and
what he stands for when he pardoned a former state governor
who'd been convicted of embezzling state funds and
laundering the money. That pardon triggered a broad, angry
uproar.
Good luck, Mr. Jonathan. It's time you were impeached.
By Joel Brinkley, the Hearst professional in residence at
Stanford University and a Pulitzer Prize-winning former
correspondent for The New York Times

1 Like

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by confusion247(m): 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
The problem is not to boot Jonathan out, but whom do you think should replace him when we boot him out? An answer to this question will make you reason like a human being and if you don't have answer to this question, just bury your sick brain in shame.

3 Likes

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by Desola(f): 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
confusion247: The problem is not to boot Jonathan out, but whom do you think should replace him when we boot him out? An answer to this question will make you reason like a human being and if you don't have answer to this question, just bury your sick brain in shame.

Buhari should replace him.

7 Likes

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by pkang: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
Leave Goodluck alone he did not corrupt Nigeria was he the one who increased the senators salary, to me he is the best but people won't allow him work, leave Jonathan alone. He is reshaping Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by eggheaders(m): 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
confusion247: The problem is not to boot Jonathan out, but whom do you think should replace him when we boot him out? An answer to this question will make you reason like a human being and if you don't have answer to this question, just bury your
sick brain in shame.

hey man loads of governors gat nice performance why can't we vote for them.gej since becoming the c-in-c has been proving every of his critics right with is anti people policies,and accepting that he is losing the war to the insurgency in the north. cause how can one explain the independence day celebration reduced to parlor party because oof the fear of bh boiz.your insult show typical gej goons tactics. using insult to defend their paymaster.like seriously I pity you lots .your job details is hard.that even defending the Lucifer can't be harder than whats you lots do on a daily bases.the presidential goofs are on a per second billing.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by eggheaders(m): 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
pkang: Leave Goodluck alone he did not corrupt Nigeria was he the one who increased the senators salary, to me he is the best but people won't allow him work, leave Jonathan alone. He is reshaping Nigeria.

is job details is to tackle our numerous problem including corruption. if he can't tackle it let him resign.

1 Like

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by Omexonomy: 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
eggheaders:

hey man loads of governors gat nice performance why can't we vote for them.gej since becoming the c-in-c has been proving every of his critics right with is anti people policies,and accepting that he is losing the war to the insurgency in the north. cause how can one explain the independence day celebration reduced to parlor party because oof the fear of bh boiz.your insult show typical gej goons tactics. using insult to defend their paymaster.like seriously I pity you lots .your job details is hard.that even defending the Lucifer can't be harder than whats you lots does on a daily bases.the presidential goofs are on a per second billing.
which governor are we to choose? I hope it is not fashola? He has being going about demolishing people houses telling them to come and collect 100thousand naire transport fare to go back to thier village. And when he become the president of nigeria he will still complain of over population and use the oppourtunity to pursue people to afganistan.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by taharqa: 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
ARRANT Nonsense!!!
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by bubadaniel13: 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
OP go and think of something better,u think is easy to become a president of the most populous nation,if u lack what to post think of something better,at least we have someone called President in Nigeria.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by taharqa: 7:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
Desola:

Hehehehehehehehe *LMAO*...... KAI!!! But sm of una get earth-shattering Hope sha. Anyways, I like Dreamers. They mk d world go round grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by teskyg: 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ Eggheader or coconut head,boot your Father out first for giving birth to a M.O.R.O.N like you.Your post shows you are a frustrated person who could not even manage yourself to be succesfull.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by phantom(m): 7:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
Truth is , there is no alternative.i voted for buhari in 2011 and was getting ready to do it again till he jumped in bed with tinubu.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by Goddex: 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
Coconut, keep dreaming, hear? While GEJ keep ruling you till 2019.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by okosodo: 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
The country is too diverse in reasoning, we are not 1 at all and the day we separate, we start succeeding

1 Like

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
That article is a mere celebration of IGNORANCE. The writer obviously is not aware that all revenue accrueing to the federation is shared almost 50-50 between the federal govt on one hand, and the states and local govt on another. The writer spewed the above rubbish thinking the whole money ends up with FG and is disbursed by GEJ.

It may also interest the hired writer to know that in Nigeria, the states and local govt are completely INDEPENDENT.

In the area of health, the constitution of the federal republic placed health on the concurrent list, meaning the FG, state govt and local govt have shared RESPONSIBILITIES in health. The FG is in charge of the tertiary hospitals, the state, general hospitals while the LG, primary health care. Therefore, all tiers of govt have a responsibility. If the health system in Nigeria is poor, the blame should go round.

Moreover, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the current govt to roll back those poor health statistics in just 2yrs. It will take atleast a decade of consistent hard work to turn things around.

The health system is not like building of roads that can yield result in 3yrs. Capacity building, training, re-training, infrastructural upgrade, etc most be done over some years before results can be seen.

In addition, the relentless criticisms of GEJ by elements and the govt of US recently is very suspicious. It appears the US has some sinister motive and issues related to the PIB and multinational oil companies may have a role here

5 Likes

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by eggheaders(m): 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
teskyg: @ Eggheader or coconut head,boot your Father out first for giving birth to a M.O.R.O.N like you.Your post shows you are a frustrated person who could not even manage yourself to be succesfull.

hey fuccktard,why bring my father to this issue.it shows the kind of home training yours gave you.I never argue with low life blockheads like you with I.q competing with temperature of world polar region.dedicated gej a55 lickers like you mofo are better fed to the dogs.idiot subhuman android like you are reasons why the angels are against God creating humans.inshort you are a disservice to the biosphere and may sapona blast you nitwit open like a suicide bomber strapped with a c-4.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by djon78(m): 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
The main problem is that majority of black folks lack basic analytical skill. Nigeria is lost completely and by the way things are going she may never recover.
Nigeria was destroyed by successive visionless leadership for decades non stop, Ngerias failure was never GEJ's fault, infact the country was already finished b4 GEJ took over.

The decay started after the civil war during Gowons time in the early 70s when there was the first oil boom so much money was made and was squandered, the boom was on through Obasanjos first time till. Shagaris time but it was all squandered by the time military came in the boom has bust then because of less money to squander IBB borrowed from IMF for SAP and all went down the drain. After the locust years of mlitary then entered civilian regime and then came 2nd oil boom but the political class went into squandering again and nothing to show for it. Stop calling GEJ, Ngeria has long bben gone.

Why am stating those above it s because all the resources this country wasted will come bvack and hunt her because u can never plant weed and expect to harvest corn, never. Analyst are stating that in the next 5 years price of oil will be bw 5 to 10 dollars, infact oil will be irrelevant in the next decade, then Nigeria will reap the full reward of her wasteful spending. It has been signed and sealed.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by confusion247(m): 8:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
Desola:

Too bad that you never knew that Buhari can never be president of Nigeria by voting. Buhari lost to Obasanjo, Late Yaradua, and Jonathan. Buhari is a serial loser. If he is all that good, how come that Nigeirians rejected him on three consecutive occasions? If you say or think of election rigging, how come he was rigged out three times consecutively? First by a south easterner(Maurice Iwu), second by a northerner?(Prof Jega). Buhari have been rejected by Majority of Nigerians but wanted by northern oligarchy.Buhari can only be president of Arewa Republic after 2015.

1 Like

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by confusion247(m): 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
eggheaders:

hey man loads of governors gat nice performance why can't we vote for them.gej since becoming the c-in-c has been proving every of his critics right with is anti people policies,and accepting that he is losing the war to the insurgency in the north. cause how can one explain the independence day celebration reduced to parlor party because oof the fear of bh boiz.your insult show typical gej goons tactics. using insult to defend their paymaster.like seriously I pity you lots .your job details is hard.that even defending the Lucifer can't be harder than whats you lots do on a daily bases.the presidential goofs are on a per second billing.
For you not to have mentioned any name of your so called and classified performing governors proved that you are not convinced to hand the administration of this country to any of them. You would have mentioned a name you were convinced in and that is what we need from you.
As for your anti people's policies of Jonathan, i have not seen any. The only problem of Jonathan is his inability to fight corruption. As for the insecurity in northern Nigeria, blame northerners for that. They promised to make this country ungovernable for Jonathan and they are doing that. The people of Northern Mali is working hand in hand to help French/African troops to fight islamist, in northern Nigeria the case is different, Northerners are working hand in hand with boko haram to kill the infidels and tarnish the image of Jonathan's administration. Their leaders is calling for dialogue and amnesty for terrorists, the first of it's kind in the world today.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by wazobiaforu(m): 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
I HATE REASONS FOR FAILURE
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by Demdem(m): 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
i agree. his stupidity and foolishness are becoming unbearable.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by Duru1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
Glory be to God that average intellect of Nigerian electorates are higher than the degree of intellect displayed by two contributors on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by eggheaders(m): 9:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
confusion247:
For you not to have mentioned any name of your so called and classified performing governors proved that you are not convinced to hand the administration of this country to any of them. You would have mentioned a name you were convinced in and that is what we need from you.
As for your anti people's policies of Jonathan, i have not seen any. The only problem of Jonathan is his inability to fight corruption. As for the insecurity in northern Nigeria, blame northerners for that. They promised to make this country ungovernable for Jonathan and they are doing that. The people of Northern Mali is working hand in hand to help French/African troops to fight islamist, in northern Nigeria the case is different, Northerners are working hand in hand with boko haram to kill the infidels and tarnish the image of Jonathan's administration. Their leaders is calling for dialogue and amnesty for terrorists, the first of it's kind in the world today.

loads of performing governors mehn.fash,osho ,rochas,ribadu.you killed it all our number one problem is corruption.and since gej celebrate corruption it means he really need the booting out.you can blame the northerns all you want. the boko scourge still continues because gej lack balls and tactics. why dem no try am with obj inasmuch as I dislike the man.he will never let the bloodbath linger this long.loads of anti people policies .the new year subsidy gift,inability to prosecute oil thieves,increment in electricity tariff without sensible improvement,dame 4 billon clubhouse,phone for farmers jeez,alams pardon and loads of goofs from the balless drunkard.one thing I still find so nauseating about him and his handlers is that they reply all criticism like they ain't gat work to do.is also so sharp in taking stupid decisions like maulag and ayo salami.but takes snail speed in sacking diezani and prosectuing oil theives and oteh.and his making himself a laughing stock by getting constant scolding by the legislative.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by eggheaders(m): 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
Duru1: Glory be to God that average intellect of Nigerian electorates are higher than the degree of intellect displayed by two contributors on this thread.

dedemoron the average Nigerian electorate that vote on religion and ethnic sentiments without checking out for trackrecords and competency. the one that get swayed by gift of a bag of garri.damn I bow to your stupidity. you going senile you need new brain the current one in your skull is running on the same os like my grandpas cupboard TV.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by Itoroetti(m): 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
I can see why ansa egg head
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by eggheaders(m): 9:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
Itoroetti :
I can see why ansa egg head

please write in English I don't understand gibberish.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by confusion247(m): 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
eggheaders:

loads of performing governors mehn.fash,osho ,rochas,ribadu.you killed it all our number one problem is corruption.and since gej celebrate corruption it means he really need the booting out.you can blame the northerns all you want. the boko scourge still continues because gej lack balls and tactics. why dem no try am with obj inasmuch as I dislike the man.he will never let the bloodbath linger this long.loads of anti people policies .the new year subsidy gift,inability to prosecute oil thieves,increment in electricity tariff without sensible improvement,dame 4 billon clubhouse,phone for farmers jeez,alams pardon and loads of goofs from the balless drunkard.one thing I still find so nauseating about him and his handlers is that they reply all criticism like they ain't gat work to do.is also so sharp in taking stupid decisions like maulag and ayo salami.but takes snail speed in sacking diezani and prosectuing oil theives and oteh.and his making himself a laughing stock by getting constant scolding by the legislative.
Be informed that all that you mentioned as performing governors are failures by their track records. I never knew that Ribadu is a governor. Inability to prosecute oil thieves is part of what i said earlier. As for the oil subsidy removal policy, that is a good policy, until you prove otherwise with facts and figures. As for your Obj fighting boko haram to a finish, i doubt that because your OBJ was interested with dialogue with terrorist not fight against terrorist. As for today in Nigeria, Jonathan remains the best we can get. Increase in electricity tariff is not a bad policy if only you know what it stands to achieve.
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by eggheaders(m): 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
confusion247:
Be informed that all that you mentioned as performing governors are failures by their track records. I never knew that Ribadu is a governor. Inability to prosecute oil thieves is part of what i said earlier. As for the oil subsidy removal policy, that is a good policy, until you prove otherwise with facts and figures. As for your Obj fighting boko haram to a finish, i doubt that because your OBJ was interested with dialogue with terrorist not fight against terrorist. As for today in Nigeria, Jonathan remains the best we can get. Increase in electricity tariff is not a bad policy if only you know what it stands to achieve.

how are they failures please if i may ask.can you compare gej achievement as a governor with any of these guys. tam David west told us all we wanna know about the subsidy issue.and I believe him when petroleum minister and finance. minister don't even know how much oil we consume per day. the approach in prosecting the oil thieves shows that the presidency has loads of skeletons in their cupboard.with all the allegations on diezani she is still untouchable.why is it that during the election year our consumption suddenly sky rocketed .hello why is the world bank promoting fuel subsidy removal in developing nations? ??why are Asians rejecting the shyte policy. please can you explain how increase in tariff of poor electricity supply sensible.we are now generating so low pre yar adua era.if you say this failure is the best we can have then this nation is doomed.and how has is all out war approach given him victory? ??even Almighty America is negotiating with Taliban in Qatar ..
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by solopumpy227: 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
confusion247:
Too bad that you never knew that Buhari can never be president of Nigeria by voting. Buhari lost to Obasanjo, Late Yaradua, and Jonathan. Buhari is a serial loser. If he is all that good, how come that Nigeirians rejected him on three consecutive occasions? If you say or think of election rigging, how come he was rigged out three times consecutively? First by a south easterner(Maurice Iwu), second by a northerner?(Prof Jega). Buhari have been rejected by Majority of Nigerians but wanted by northern oligarchy.Buhari can only be president of Arewa Republic after 2015.

Have you heard about the popular Abraham Lincoln? General Buhari is not an Angel(he has his own shortcomings) but he remains the refrence point for exemplary public service, unparalled financial accountabilty and strong moral uprightness in Nigeria. Buhari might have lost three times but not that he deserved to loose all the 3 times. He has helped in strengthening our democracy since 2003. When he lost to OBJ he took his case up to the Supreme court where the 6 Supreme court Judges decided 3-3 to nullify OBJ's election- the Chief Judge of the Federation was called in to break the thigh and stabilise the Nation. He has run all his contests on his ''good name'' where many have benefitted in States and Assembly levels.

Have you asked yourself why all the politicians are jittery of a Buhari's Presidency? They know he stands for honesty and will most likely go after public looters-judging by his antecedents.

GMB single-handedly delivered 12 Million votes in 2011 Presidential election against all the PDP warchest and government machineries. GEJ/PDP 22 Million votes was achieved with the foreign reserve going down by about $20 Billion (Coutesy Ezekwezile), almost 99% votes turnover in the SS/SE states.

Goodnews is that he has realised he cannot win alone and have merged with other opposition parties. If GMB should emerge the Presidential flagbearer of the APC then you can be sure by 2015 Nigerians will sing a new song.

1 Like

Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by tomakint: 12:21am On Mar 22, 2013
teskyg: @ Eggheader or coconut head,boot your Father out first for giving birth to a M.O.R.O.N like you.Your post shows you are a frustrated person who could not even manage yourself to be succesfull.

cheesy cheesy Abeg no kill me with laff, the guy (airhead) thinks he is not known here for whom he really is, I never see person wey mumu reach d guy, original coconut head cheesy infact, u just spoke my mind cool
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by tomakint: 12:35am On Mar 22, 2013
Duru1: Glory be to God that average intellect of Nigerian electorates are higher than the degree of intellect displayed by two contributors on this thread.
errr...lemme guess those two contributors....coconut head and desola just tell me I guessed right cheesy those two guys no dey try at all, one is too dull the other is too typically bent to learn....in fact, both reason like robots cheesy
Re: Time To Boot Out Gej by ochukoccna: 12:49am On Mar 22, 2013
Simple solution
Impeach Jonathan
Same goes for Sambo
Senate president takes over for 90 days to organise new elections (also serves as a check on his own ambitions)
Also ship in air freshner containers to blow away Fresh Air from Nigeria forever

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anioma Agenda 2015 / $ Billion:Nigeria has no presidential material ,sorry to say-- Musiwa / National Assembly To Be Shut For Next 12 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.