Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64785 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 22, 2013
Ghostface_killa: Actually nothing happens IN JESUS NAME as well......smh
nothing happens except you BELIEVE.

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 6:55am On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

Now point me to the portion of the bible where God said Mary shouldn't be HONOURED
Okay I'll help you here:

"While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd [I believe shes the founder of catholic] raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed.” But ...He said,
“On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.'" Luke 11:27-28 Worship, honour, glory and praise are due to
God alone
. He commands it.

If anyone has any Bible verses to contradict this... please feel free! Please only verses, not opinions. I've yet to find anywhere in the Bible that says honour of anykind is due to Mary.

This is a gross misconception of the word of God and plain IDOLATRY! ... and the sad thing, you'll never see this truth except you remove the veil of religion!

gree-die... read that bible verse again! Its soo clear Jesus contradicted that woman immediately! Like he knew some people would follow her steps...

Mary has no power to bless anyone... Shes powerless and helpless... She cannot help herself let alone the over 1billion worshippers..

What else do you want to hear?

16 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 22, 2013
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:
Okay I'll help you here:

"While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd [I believe shes the founder of catholic] raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed.” But ...He said,
“On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.'" Luke 11:27-28 Worship, honour, glory and praise are due to
God alone
. He commands it.

If anyone has any Bible verses to contradict this... please feel free! Please only verses, not opinions. I've yet to find anywhere in the Bible that says honour of anykind is due to Mary.

This is a gross misconception of the word of God and plain IDOLATRY! ... and the sad thing, you'll never see this truth except you remove the veil of religion!

gree-die... read that bible verse again! Its soo clear Jesus contradicted that woman immediately! Like he knew some people would follow her steps...

Mary has no power to bless anyone... Shes powerless and helpless... She cannot help herself let alone the over 1billion worshippers..

What else do you want to hear?

In what way have you answered her questions? Show us from the bible where mary should not be honoured and you are here spewing thrash?so does Mary not here the word of God and obey it?

I don't even know what this thread is set out to achieve? Is it to ridicule Mary the mother of Jesus or what? Have anyone ever claimed all knees shall bow @ the name of mary? How stupid can you fools really be

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 22, 2013
CrazyMan:
Mary was just the earthly vessel God use in bringing Jesus into this world.

She's human like you and I...so it would look silly to worship her.

Mary was not just a vessel,that analogy does not hold water.Jesus took is flesh from her.His humanity was generated from Mary

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 22, 2013
Ishilove:
Honoured to the point of asking her to pray for us?

Don't you ask your private jet crazy pastopreneurs to pray for you too? What hypocrisy!!

11 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 22, 2013
Ishilove: Wish I could package frosbel and take him home grin tongue

What the Word says is there is only one Mediator, Jesus Christ. I don't understand how Mary managed to become an intercessor

@greedie: I attended a catholice secondary school, so I know for a fact that Catholics ask Mary to pray for human beings.

"Hail Mary, Mother of God,

Pray for us sinners,

Now and forever more. Amen"

A song-

"Mater Amabalis

Ora pronobis

Listen to your children, they are calling on you

Ave sanctissima, ave purissima,

Sinless and beautiful, star of the night"

Not just Mary, but a thousand and one other saints, some of who we've never heard of are asked to pray for the sins of mankind.

They sha say all of them kpakpo should pray for 'us'.

The justification for this is Elisabeth, John the Baptist's mother who declared that Mary was 'blessed and more highly favoured amongst every other woman'. Luke 1vs 42.

And my Lord said in Matthew 15 vs 9: They worship Me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

undecided

The word of God says christ is the only mediator between God and man that is fair enough.The good news is that catholics ask mary to pray for them to Jesus just like you also ask your pastopreneurs to pray for you to Jesus.so Jesus is not been bypassed he is still a mediator

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:

grin relax dear... you are my sister. Atleast we use the same bible, and all I'm saying aint my own "words" but God's....

Sorri your bible is incomplete.Go and get the 7 books you idiots removed from the bible to avoid the curse of Rev from falling on you

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

In what way have you answered her questions? Show us from the bible where mary should not be honoured and you are here spewing thrash?so does Mary not here the word of God and obey it?

I don't even know what this thread is set out to achieve? Is it to ridicule Mary the mother of Jesus or what? Have anyone ever claimed all knees shall bow @ the name of mary? How stupid can you fools really be
So you cannot make your point without resorting to insults?

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 7:54am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

The word of God says christ is the only mediator between God and man that is fair enough.The good news is that catholics ask mary to pray for them to Jesus just like you also ask your pastopreneurs to pray for you to Jesus.so Jesus is not been bypassed he is still a mediator
Mary died thousands of years ago. I can't ask a dead person to pray for me.

6 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 7:57am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

Sorri your bible is incomplete.Go and get the 7 books you idiots removed from the bible to avoid the curse of Rev from falling on you
You are very insultive. Which I.diots are you talking about exactly?? Is he the one who removed the seven books??

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 7:59am On Mar 22, 2013
Ishilove:

grin

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 22, 2013
Ishilove:
You are very insultive. Which I.diots are you talking about exactly?? Is he the one who removed the seven books??

I think the word is 'insolent', 'love. grin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 8:11am On Mar 22, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I think the word is 'insolent', 'love. grin
she's correct. 'Insultive'... 'Insulting'... They mean the same thing as adjectives, though 'insulting' is more commonly used and recognised.

Now don't change the topic. He insulted someone for being on the opposite side of the "Mary worship" issue.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 22, 2013
Ishilove:

Those who die in christ are not dead but alive!!don't you read your bible.Jesus answered them the Lord God says I am the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob,I am a God of the living and not of the dead !! Get that into your skull the dead in christ are alive and in communion with the church

4 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: she's correct. 'Insultive'... 'Insulting'... They mean the same thing as adjectives, though 'insulting' is more commonly used and recognised.

Now don't change the topic. You insulted someone for being on the opposite side of the "Mary worship" issue.

You idiots are thia angry because you think I have insulted you fools but here you monkeys have been insulting Mary ever since the inception of this stupid thread

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: she's correct. 'Insultive'... 'Insulting'... They mean the same thing as adjectives, though 'insulting' is more commonly used and recognised.

Now don't change the topic. You insulted someone for being on the opposite side of the "Mary worship" issue.

You idiots are this angry because you think I have insulted you fools but here you monkeys have been insulting Mary ever since the inception of this stupid thread

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 8:20am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

You idiots are thia angry because you think I have insulted you fools but here you monkeys have been insulting Mary ever since the inception of this stupid thread
lol... To think I just came on this thread and you have insulted me already. Na so your own christianity be? So if you get gun, you for shoot me abi?

5 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ichuka(m): 8:24am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

Mary was not just a vessel,that analogy does not hold water.Jesus took is flesh from her.His humanity was generated from Mary
Dude speak English joor.
John1:14 says that the Word became flesh.that is God became Flesh in her womb,no mixture,she was never Holy that's the reason of the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit upon her,so that her Adamic sinful nature she inherited from her parents won't mix with the HOLY ONE in womb(Luke1:35)

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 22, 2013
I actually understand both extremes - one of making something of Mary and one of making nothing of her. I think that either is a snare.

When a person serves the Lord well, they deserve honor. They are worthy examples of how we ought to be with the Lord. Mary is a grand example of true submission to the Lord. She is also a good example of the meaning of sacrifice. But it dishonors her to make her something that she is not nor has ever been.

In any case, for my Roman brothers and sisters, I get the thought that the family in heaven and on earth is one family and it means the same to you to ask a saint whp has been called home to pray for you as it means to ask one yet on earth to pray for you. But there is a significant difference. The saints above have been freed from their labors (including watching for their brethren), they are resting and waiting for us. Until we are all together, they must rest and wait for their glorious bodies. It is our part today to work, pray, preacb, in short, labor and run the race set before us. If anyone ought to pray, it is us. If there is anyone for whom we must pray, it is us. If there is anyone of whom we may ask prayer, it is one another on this side of the divide. Let us not trouble our brethren whose labors are over, they have earned a right to rest.

Of course, none of this means that they're uninvolved in the War of the Cross. They very much are. Their labors yet produce. Every book they've written, prayers they've said, letters they've authored, everything in which they obeyed will continue to grow in power and bless their brethren yet wearing the earthly tent. Every bit of their labors is a living power available to believers on this side of the divide to fight a good fight with. But they themselves have nothing more to give until we are all together with the Lord. Then our new labors will begin together and carry on through eternity.

7 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by naptu2: 8:37am On Mar 22, 2013
On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2⁠and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3⁠When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

4⁠“Woman,⁠a⁠ why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

5⁠His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

6⁠Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.⁠b⁠

7⁠Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.

8⁠Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”

They did so, 9⁠and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10⁠and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

Jesus said 4⁠“Woman,⁠a⁠ why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.” Yet He did it, even though His hour hadn't come. Why?

6 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by naptu2: 8:42am On Mar 22, 2013
39 At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40 where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth.
41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”

6 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 8:47am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

Those who die in christ are not dead but alive!!don't you read your bible.Jesus answered them the Lord God says I am the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob,I am a God of the living and not of the dead !! Get that into your skull the dead in christ are alive and in communion with the church

Please direct me to where it is written that the dead are in communion with the church. Maybe I didn't read that part. undecided

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 8:50am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

Insulting Mary ke?

Go back and read our posts, nobody is insulting anybody. If you can't deduce that, then it is obvious you need to go back to school to learn simple Anglais.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 8:52am On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: lol... To think I just came on this thread and you have insulted me already. Na so your own christianity be? So if you get gun, you for shoot me abi?
He is the Christian version of Sheik Gumi. grin

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by naptu2: 8:53am On Mar 22, 2013
46 And Mary said:

“My soul glorifies the Lord
    and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful
    of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
    for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
    holy is his name.
His mercy extends to those who fear him,
    from generation to generation.
He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
    he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones
    but has lifted up the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things
    but has sent the rich away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel,
    remembering to be merciful
to Abraham and his descendants forever,
    just as he promised our ancestors.”

4 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

You are a diehard catholic my igbo brother, this I know grin , you remind me of my dad, it's the catholic way or no way.

But what you fail to realise is that even Jesus the ONLY Mediator between God and MAN, never tried to draw attention to himself or even worship, he directed all attention and glory to the Almighty God of heaven and earth, the Yahweh of our lives and the God who never changes, his own Father.

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son." - John 14:13

"Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"" - Luke 4:8

To now put Mary on the same pedestal as GOD is utter blasphemy, this is the Queen of heaven worship that started from the time of Nimrod, the Queen represents his Mother Semiramis , and the Son of course Nimrod.

This Nimrod and Semiramis worship has permeated many cultures over thousands of years and is so terrible that God through Jeremiah condemned this practice :

"The women added, "When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes impressed with her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?" - Jeremiah 44:19

Unfortunately the catholic church is a continuation of this worship and belief system masquerading as Christianity.

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 22, 2013
i.chuka:

Dude speak English joor.
John1:14 says that the Word became flesh.that is God became Flesh in her womb,no mixture,she was never Holy that's the reason of the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit upon her,so that her Adamic sinful nature she inherited from her parents won't mix with the HOLY ONE in womb(Luke1:35)

Romans 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Do you please explain to me how Jesus became a descendant of David according to the flesh? How was that possible if his humanity was not derived from mary?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

Why should anyone pray through Mary when you've been told to pray through/and in the name of Jesus christ? I don't understand..

Does that mean, I can ask my grandfather to pray for me?

4 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 9:26am On Mar 22, 2013
Ishilove:

do you have proof that she died?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

do you have proof that she died?

So she did not die ?? Wow.

In fact let me take it further and say Catholics practice necromancy when they pray to the dead and worship the dead.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 9:31am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

Biggest lie in History!

The blood that flows through a man is that of the father, not the mother (go for a blood test if you doubt).
The blood that flows through Jesus is from above (God), not Mary's.. lil wonder he passed through a virgin, so no one on earth will claim HIM not even the husband of Mary.

..and yes, he took the "flesh" from Mary! But the Flesh died over 2000years ago.
He took the form of a man so he could fulfill the prophecy of death & resurrection.. He came to die for us including Mary the earthly mother (cos she'd have landed in hell had it been she failed to accept him (Jesus) as her Lord and personal saviour).

The way you guys make much noise in worship about Mary sounds like Mary is the wife of God, and Jesus is the 'small child' of Mary grin

I dey wait for the judgement day cheesy

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Prophet Ebelenna Chukwu Sprays Money Non Stop At A Wedding / Peller: 'TB Joshua, Oyakhilome Use Charms To Perform Miracles' / Apostle Suleman Embarrassed In Canada Church Service. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.